Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (22851 Views)

How To Alleviate Menstrual Cramps With Yoga Exercises [PICTURES And VIDEO] / 7 Ways To Handle Menstrual Pain (dysmenorrhea) / What are the side effects of menstrual pain pills? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by nike4luv(f): 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2007
its awful, i use hot water bottle, lie down on it. its the most awful pain
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by OmoEko1(f): 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2007
Me sha i use four pills of Advil for the pains t go away becso i always have does pain that last 2day straight
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by nike4luv(f): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2007
last 2 days? i have mine on the first, then i must not move, everything changes, no appetite i literally dread it
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by OmoEko1(f): 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2007
yes oh 2 days and i always have legs pains too, sometime i wish was a boy
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by mukina2: 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2007
i never knew there was a topic for this mine are so very bad cry
nothing works .not hot baths,nor painkillers,nothing .
i throw up if i eat anything .
it has gotten so worst now .that if i am expecting it .i try to stay close to home sad sad
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by OmoEko1(f): 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2007
mukina2:

i never knew there was a topic for this mine are so very bad cry
it has gotten so worst now .that if i am expecting it .i try to stay close to home sad sad
ME TOO OH, EVEN ONE TIME MY MUM TAUGHT I WAS PREGNANT BECOS I WAS THROWING UP, SO I HAD TO EXPLAIN TO HER HER IT WAS MY PERIOD
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by nike4luv(f): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2007
its like a stab, especially your waist, and the thing with me is i hate telling anyone, so i just put on a brave face
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by mukina2: 11:37pm On Feb 24, 2007
the back pain is terrible .
all my limbs ache . .
sometimes my face gets swollen on one side .
my stomach gets bloated cry
i cant lie down,sit up  .do nothing .
The mood swings are terrible angry
omo i feel you girl . .i threw up at school one day and i got very strange looks from people . sad
sometimes i even faint .i dnt know if there is any girl in the world who dreads the week of her period cry

if its a week away i start getting nervous .
i get so careful on what i eat but no matter what it gets worst  cry
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by nike4luv(f): 11:41pm On Feb 24, 2007
like someone shot u in the ass
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by neelsel(f): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2007
Was just told about this thread today, and had to come here.

I have the worse period pain ever.
I was diagnosed with Endometriosis, which is most often misdiagnosed as Fibroibs.
For now am on Hormones, which my GYN believes will curb the growth of the endo cells, thus making my period something to look forward to.

In the mean time between time, if there are still cramps, I will take Aleve, Advil or Pamprin.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Gamine(f): 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2007
:-x
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by marbeeexce(f): 9:37am On Mar 07, 2007
Though Dysmenorrhea is common in some women but it can still be controlled.

I had the same problem when i was single, but it's now in the past after childbirth.

I'm surprised none mentioned CATAFLAM, or is not in use again? It's very effective.

I have also recommended the same for a sister and it worked.

You can start the dose on the very first day of the menses; it'll relieve u of those pains.

Pele dear.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Free(f): 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2007
never knew there was a topic for this mine are so very bad
it has gotten so worst now .that if i am expecting it .i try to stay close to home

ooh mine is worst tooo
i dnt eat cuase i will throw it back out
so i hv 2 eat sometin inorder to be able to take medicne

ma gynecologist
suggested birthcontrol pills is suppose to work best undecided
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Free(f): 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2007
i wnt and bought this hot patch for menstral cramps
is suppose 2 help ease down da pain
it didnt do shyt angry
but it felt good though, da warmnest of it grin grin
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by anabell(f): 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2007
i use nurofen plus 4 mine i dont tink anybody pain could be as bad as mine, hope it works 4 u
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by mukina2: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2007
Free:

ooh mine is worst tooo
i dnt eat cuase i will throw it back out
so i hv 2 eat sometin inorder to be able to take medicne

ma gynecologist
suggested birthcontrol pills is suppose to work best undecided

they were prescribed for one of my pals .she said it worked . .

you are better i cant eat a thing sad
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by 4Play(m): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2007
@Muki

This is where you belong grin grin grin
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by mukina2: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2007
4 Play:

@Muki

This is where you belong grin  grin grin

pre-intimacy stop stalking me tongue
leave me alone grin
i belong everywhere grin
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Free(f): 4:49am On Mar 29, 2007
Women We dey Suffer oooo too much why cry cry sad
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2007
kai,

had MP from the first period, the excitement of starting my period was quickly lost when i felt that inexplicable pain.

started with panadol
after dat it was buscopan
then I progressed to cataflam, i thot i had found my miracle
popped like 8 tablets , still couldnt finish my exam pain was horrible was drowsy
ended up sleeping for almost 12 hours straight
then i got fed tried no drugs, but MP showed me, no words
then i was taken out of the office then I was given FELDENE injection
from then on feldene was touch and go
sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
I have had the works, the chills, sharp pain, back ache, shaky knees, fainting spells, sometimes the pain just takes me somewhere horrible

Kai, now feldene has upped the ulcer

if i say i know tire i dey lie

If my period skipped 6 months it wouldn't be long enuf.

Kai , so we even plenty for this problem
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by uchetobi(f): 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2007
salsera:

kai,

had MP from the first period, the excitement of starting my period was quickly lost when i felt that inexplicable pain.

started with panadol
after that it was buscopan
then I progressed to cataflam, i thot i had found my miracle
popped like 8 tablets , still couldnt finish my exam pain was horrible was drowsy
ended up sleeping for almost 12 hours straight
then i got fed tried no drugs, but MP showed me, no words
then i was taken out of the office then I was given FELDENE injection
from then on feldene was touch and go
sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
I have had the works, the chills, sharp pain, back ache, shaky knees, fainting spells, sometimes the pain just takes me somewhere horrible

Kai, now feldene has upped the ulcer

if i say i know tire i dey lie

If my period skipped 6 months it wouldn't be long enough.

Kai , so we even plenty for this problem
Sounds like my life story. Except the ulcer
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by karlken(m): 10:56am On Jul 27, 2007
@Duncan,ride on pastorrrrrr! shocked shocked.Read ur post again & u,ll criticise urself. shocked shocked
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by geegee(f): 12:38am On Aug 04, 2007
i feel u, i do have such paind the truth is it hsa no cure like my doctor say after child birth
the pain will disappear, for now i take metafolic acid some day be my period it helps to reduce the pain
take it 3 time daily till ur periods come it helps.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by totalbody(m): 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2007
Call me and I think we have a solution for it
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by runsaway: 9:59am On Nov 28, 2007
Inexpensive and it work, u had better believe me-----CALCIUM tablets at least 400mg of it everyday. it wont work if its less than 400mg. u can get it at any pharmacy. start taking it at least a week b4 ur period, it cures everything- bad moods, bloating, back and leg pain and those horrible cramps. A trial will convince u.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by ge7935(f): 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2007
Hiya,

i have crazy back breaking pains on the first day of my period and then am fine for the second but on the third like clock work i get this intense sharp jabbing pains (i literally cannot move) for like 30mins accompanied by a rush of blood and clots.

Can someone tell me if thats normal or am i freak cry
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by dada22(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2007
@ all da ladies: sorry oh, for all da pains u go tru, may God grant u da strenghth 2 bear da pains(great or small) cry cry
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by teetee2(f): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
I need help urgentyly. My menses has stopped flowing for the past three months. Somebody said it is due to my non-having sex. Could this be effect of Supradyn Capusle (Multivitamin).? Or what could have been the cause? I am not ready to see any doctor because of i dont want any report that will give me shock or worry. It bothers me anyway but trying to ignore it.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by jello(f): 2:47am On Dec 17, 2007
Up till now no basic finding has come up concerning the cause of dysmenorrhea.During menstration there is contraction of the uterine wall causing the wall of the uterus to contract and relax occasionally causing pains some times it could be intense.
I would advice you get a hot water bottle which you could add hot water to and place your on your lower abdomen, if you know when your period would start i would suggest you start taking pain killers one week to that time,it really helps. try having a hot bath shower pr bath and lie on your abdomen.
I hear it would stop during childbirth but i dont know how true that is.wishing u LL THE BEST
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 24, 2007
teetee2:

I need help urgentyly. My menses has stopped flowing for the past three months. Somebody said it is due to my non-having sex. Could this be effect of Supradyn Capusle (Multivitamin).? Or what could have been the cause? I am not ready to see any doctor because of i don't want any report that will give me shock or worry. It bothers me anyway but trying to ignore it.

I don't think It has anything to do with sex. Lack of flow might be due to stress unless you are approaching menopause. It also happens to me.

Every time I have my menses I wish I were a boy. Jeez, I'm all over the place. From the toilet to my room, from rolling on the floor to lying on my bed. I used to take ibuprofen as soon as I see a drop of blood and I don't feel pains. But now it has come back with a vengeance more fearless than everangry.  I don't like taking tablets, but I pop Advil like candies in my mouth. After that I stoop on the floor and the pain slowly goes away than when I used to lie on the bed tossing and turning. My sister used to have the same problem but she prayed and told God she didn't want to take drugs. And the pain stopped. I tried faith. It did not take more than thirty minutes I ran to take some drugs. God forgive me.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Jezzy(f): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2008
Painful periods are second only to toothache.

Mine leaves me weak in the knees,pale,nauseous,irritable,angry,drowsy,tired,cold,emotional and every other negative word you can imagine.These days,I pop advil at least two days before it starts and it helps as long as I steadily take the advil till the period ends.

I also noticed that sweet things help me especially Sprite or 7UP.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Pappyjesby(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2008
Although some pain during menstruation is normal, excessive pain is not, in case of severe dysmenorrhea a clinical
intervention may be needed as urgent as possible.

Dysmenorrhea are of two types; 1). Primary and 2). Secondary
The primary dysmenorrhea can easily be treated with over the counter drugs such as Aspirin, felvin, ibuprofen etc. but
it is not so with the secondary dysmenorrhea, the reason being that it is usually associated with underlying cause(s).
It may be a complication from Endometriosis, PID, Ectopic pregnancy, Uterine fibroid or ovarian cyst etc.

Nontheless, it is treatable and manageable, you can try diva - cup. Rhiotin can also be of help to you.
Howbeit, I would suggest you should click on the URL below, you will find some useful advises that could profer solution to your problem

http://savepregnancyguide.com/%20/menstrual-pain/menstrual-pain/
http://backpainsolution..com/2008/01/lower-back-pain-causes-investigation.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Get Rid Of Blackhead/ Black Spots On My Face? / Woman Diagnosed With Rare Condition That Prevents Her From Hearing MALE Voices / Top Facts About Laughter You Did Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.