Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Security And Safety Tips For Drivers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Security And Safety Tips For Drivers (14615 Views)

10 Safety Tips When Driving In The Rain / Traffic Questions For Drivers In The House / Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by mikky2k2(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Many Nigerians are safety conscious but many also would still fall victim of the following precautions i want to state below... Plz share d message and remain blessed...

1). Avoid Rushing To Open Your Car Bonnet Incase You suspect any smoke or burning From your car engine:
Reason is when u rush to open ur bornet u stand a risk of either getting splash or increasing d fire cus fire burns faster wn exposed to oxygen.. SAFETY MEASURE is to park well and allow the smoke reduce and d engine to cool b4 u open.......

(2). Avoid using bad tyres or expired tyres on a highway
This has led to many accidents of tires bursting and cars crashing..

(3). Never put your working helmet on the back-screen of your car:
funny as it sounds but it has led to many deaths and attack. Nigerians like to put their helmet there but for safety and security reasons its not advisable..You expose yourself to armed robbers and kidnappers.. Imagine you carrying a helmet of total, Elf and other big companies in your backscreen you are sending a message to this miscreant.. Put them in your boot instead.

(4). Avoid travelling at night on a road you are not familiar with:
this also has led to many road accidents when us speed on a road that you don't know that much or it has been longyo u travelled through there u stand a risk of crashing into big potholes and other bad road conditions.

(5). Never tell anyone apart from your immediate family members and loved ones that you are travelling:
Funny as it may sound many people have been robbed on highways and killed because of they exposed their journey anyhow..

Play safe and be wise as You travel dis season..

20 Likes

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by fidinwala(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2013
good one but let me add
6. whenever you're driving and there is need to stop, it's advisable to off the ignition and come down from the car immediately the car is parked.because it possible someone may be following you say kidnappers. the same Case if you're about to enter your car, open the door start the car immediately and move so that someone don't put gun on your head and ask you to come down. I known of someone who lost his car by not following this procedure in ENUGU.

5 Likes

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by chelseabmw(m): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2013
Nice one poster........Will sure be on the FP for others to see....Tnx

1 Like

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by iterator25: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
cry
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by WizPrince1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
This is good especially that number 4

1 Like

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by Gdjay(m): 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
First Page tips
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
First class advice
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
this is interesting

pay police #20 when you are asked to pay.... undecided
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by dhemmyhardy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
Yeah good points and you can as well subscribe to a company that monitor you and your love one 24/7
So get monitor ur activities and in case emergency u can call them for rescue and safety.
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by iamswizz(m): 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
ok
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by ayzone: 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice one poster,also ensure your fire extinguisher,extra tyre and c-caution are intact whenever you are travelling..
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by ayooyee: 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
iterator25: cry
holyghost fire

1 Like

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tnx
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by Wsdm: 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
Be careful who you give a free ride from the high ways because they may be a trap.
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by horlabiyi(m): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by bibiking7(m): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please please pleassss, always lock your steering wheel when you park your car.

2 Likes

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
They are common sense safety tips.
Only a senseless man ll ignore most of them.
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Funny, but they are bitter truths.
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by Elevation(m): 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
Surely someone would prepare 4 journey but safety is of the Lord,dont read good things only do them,let ur hand be clean and ur heart pure,pray earnestly dnt wish evil to anyman,love dont hate and you will experience great things.

2 Likes

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by egbenduru: 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
When travelling between Benin and Akure road,do not mind those guys along the road who point to your tyre or under your car claiming something is wrong,they are criminals.If you must stop give a reasonable distance,quickly look round your car and zoom off.One guy was busy indicating something was wrong under my car on that road,I gave him some poles with my engine still running,looked round quickly and the guy was walking or was it running towards my car,seeing no danger ,I zoomed off,he must be disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by toyfat: 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ensure your doors are locked while driving...though most newer vehicles lock automatically
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by ShenTeh(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
No furoblem, but really, zoo I need all these tifs eben ip I am trabelling with my dankey or carmel? Shege rakunmi! Allah kiaye n hanya.

1 Like

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by Kelechi2020(m): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lovely tips....i want to add
1.make sure you have steering locks in your car.make sure u lock them whenever you park your car in a danger zone,even in shoprite.dnt trust that ur car security there is always a way to cm around it.

1 Like

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by jikjimmy: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
When driving at night in a lonely road and you hear a bash on ur car from a car behind don't stop cos it could actually b a ploy 2get and rob u.

2 Likes

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by jikjimmy: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
Very true
egbenduru: When travelling between Benin and Akure road,do not mind those guys along the road who point to your tyre or under your car claiming something is wrong,they are criminals.If you must stop give a reasonable distance,quickly look round your car and zoom off.One guy was busy indicating something was wrong under my car on that road,I gave him some poles with my engine still running,looked round quickly and the guy was walking or was it running towards my car,seeing no danger ,I zoomed off,he must be disappointed.
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by jikjimmy: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wsdm: Be careful who you give a free ride from the high ways because they may be a trap.
what about picking a cute babe on d road
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by mu2sa2: 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Keep unfastened objects in the boot, door pockets and dashboard compartment. Any unfastened object in the car is potentially lethal in a crash. Unfastened objects ar propelled at the speed a car was traveling before the crash until stopped by something, which could be your head or body.Even small objects like golf ball or bottle should be put away. There was this logger who was beheaded by an axe he kept at back of his car on his way to work- in a collision the axe flew forward and hit his neck at a deadly angle. Every passengers including those in the back seat should buckle the seat belts.
Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by fez(m): 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Noted

1 Like

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by fxx2: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
x.
and mind the type of sticker you leave on your windshield

y.
whenever you park, remove the key and let it be with you, no matter who might be waiting for you in the car.

z.
Never get involved in racing competition while driving no matter what

2 Likes

Re: Security And Safety Tips For Drivers by ITbomb(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
This is weird but very practicable.

1. Carry a short knife in your car, very accessible to both hands.
I know the first thing in your mind is security but NO, it might be useful in
a.) cutting yourself free from the seat belt
b.) Bursting the inflated airbag.
c.) making a mark on your windup windscreen for possible break out
The seat belt thing was design for developed countries where police, firefighters and medical attention can break in and rescue you minutes after the accident but here, you need to break yourself out.
2. When you are on a long distance, do not use AC, wind down the window glasses if not total, just a little.
Also when you are in a public bus, always keep the glasses not fully closed, if the wind is dsturbing you, keep at least a small gap.
Most accidents are aggravated because people get trapped inside the vehicle. A fully closed window glasses is almost difficult to break.
3. If you cannot see the distance of the next NEPA pole, dont press the accelerator.
and the fourth which many will not agree, when on a long trip and on high speed, do not lock ur doors unless u sense danger or in a hold up.
In summary, Never cage yourself in the car in the name of safety n security, you might need to get out quick

11 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Been Scammed By A Nairaland Mechanic, Sooperrescue!!!!! / CEO Of Daimler Name His Four Automotive Icons,Do You Agree With His Picks? / Driving On An Empty Tank? You May Need This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.