Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* (5385 Views)

Court Case: Dickdastardly Vs Maclatunji At Nairaland Customary Court. / Seun Only Listens To Numbers So Sign This Petition Against Maclatunji! / Maclatunji Has To Be Stopped!! This Is Too Much!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 16, 2013
grin grin grin

Please read this conversation as it goes......

I have always maintained that arrogant mods that abuse power will always fall. It does take a religious person to see this

https://www.nairaland.com/1479823/position-stone-devil#18853523

Al-Baqir:
@Maclatunji,
I begged you in the name of He whose justice is unique that He rewards according to deeds. Please NEVER EVER edit my article again; and kindly change the title to its original.

For Allah's sake you did not even take any permission...its saddened dear brother.

No wonder why the popular Yusuf Ali's english translations and commentary(among many other Muslim legacies) is marred by the saudi-salafi so-called scholar in the name of New edition while the bulk of the original text is lost.

That is "Tahrif" dear brother and it is hated by Allah.

Please be mature and display the "un-baised" post of yours (moderator)

Thanks.

maclatunji:

The moderator has editorial powers and can edit your post in the general interest. Kindly quit whinning my brother, you have had your say.

Seun: I do not approve of this rude reply.. A moderator should not edit a member's post without a good reason, and the moderator must provide the reason when the member asks.

Al-Baqir:
@Maclatunji,

Just as expected of you! ARROGANCY (kibru). That is the downfall of shay'tan.

You talked about "POWER of a moderator". Lol. If you are a true believer, you should know that ALL POWER belong to ALLAH alone.

@seun,

That's our powerful mr "moderator".

EDIT;
Maclatunji is now challenging Seun;

maclatunji:

Seun: I do not approve of this rude reply.. A moderator should not edit a member's post without a good reason, and the moderator must provide the reason when the member asks.
It may seem arrogant to you but the complainant knows exactly what he is doing and to be sure, you don't know what you are getting involved in. I will address the issues in my next post.

[size=16pt]EDIT PART 2;
MACLATUNJI IS A BOSS- HE PUTS DOWN SEUN!!![/size]

maclatunji:
Now the issues:

1. Al-Baqir says he read an article somewhere and that one of the comments from a Non-Muslim there he found distressing. Naturally, one would think that he would seek to spare other Muslims similar distress.

2. However, what does he do? He comes here to create a thread with what he claims to be what he finds to be most distressing "Devils stoning devils".

3. Like ShehuAba has rightfully pointed out, his article is not altogether factual.

4. Leaving all of that, I was still willing to recommend the post for front page. That meant his title had to change because the title is a distinct part of a thread and Al-Baqir's own was offensive to the majority of Muslims. I promptly changed it to something not controversial.

5. What was Al-Baqir's reaction? This:

Al-Baqir:

@Maclatunji,
I begged you in the name of He whose
justice is unique that He rewards
according to deeds. Please NEVER EVER
edit my article again; and kindly change
the title to its original.
For Allah's sake you did not even take any
permission...its saddened dear brother.
No wonder why the popular Yusuf Ali's
english translations and commentary
(among many other Muslim legacies) is
marred by the saudi-salafi so-called
scholar in the name of New edition while
the bulk of the original text is lost.
That is "Tahrif" dear brother and it is
hated by Allah.
Please be mature and display the "un-
baised" post of yours (moderator)
Thanks
He never asked for my reasons for editing his title, all he did was accuse me and exhibit is bias towards a certain group of people that are completely unrelated to the issue. What has "Saudi-Salafi" got to do with editing a thread title?

I am more than willing to answer people's questions, I am not obliged to answer accusations. Hence, your instruction here is not applicable at all. Accusations and commands are different from questions.

6. Now to address you directly Seun, moderators do have the powers to edit posts and you know it. In fact, you have deleted my posts a number of times and you know we have an issue between us you have not responded to even after I have asked.

7. By this interference, you have broken our code of conduct as moderators/managers of this forum. I strongly recommend that you stop doing that. You can communicate whatever your decisions are to moderators in private.

Our being moderators implies that you trust our judgements. It is very poor management to undermine our authority with such interventions as this.

8. Finally, the Islam for Muslims section is a very special section. You will not understand and appreciate the work I do here until I leave. This is not about self-praise but a statement of fact. I don't intend to be moderator here indefinitely but I have told you in private and I am telling you publicly, you mess this section up with your interventions and you will be managing serious operational problems with Nairaland instead of making genuine progress. Why? You would be rolling from one conflict to the other on this website.

#Sheesh You made me write an epistle.

https://www.nairaland.com/1479823/position-stone-devil#18856908

2 Likes

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2013
So were Maclatunji now..? he don go relegation..?
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2013
eddiebruk: So were Maclatunji now..? he don go relegation..?

nope....he is still there.....he was even viewing the thread as I was reading it....
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by homesteady(m): 10:01am On Oct 16, 2013
grin
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 16, 2013
LoL, please keep us updated.

1 Like

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 16, 2013
Wu Zetian: LoL, please keep us updated.

Will do grin grin
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2013
Reyginus: I don't blame the terrorist. If I happen to be in the position seun is, no infidel of a worker can say nonsense talk more going unpunished.
I wonder why somebody in his position can be this frightened.

Calm down.....Seun is a like a wise tortoise.....slow to action but when that action comes....gaddem.....
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2013
I still wonder why the moderator position gets into Maclatunji's head...@logicboy, i hope maclatunji doesnt hide this thread..he is very good at doing so especially when it exposes him in a negative way.

1 Like

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2013
joel lala: I still wonder why the moderator position gets into Maclatunji's head...@logicboy, i hope maclatunji doesnt hide this thread..he is very good at doing so especially when it exposes him in a negative way.

He cant hide this thread unless he convinces HBG to move it to his cave.......

1 Like

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Lawconfessor(f): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2013
Thread will soon be Closed/Removed!! gringringrin
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Gombs(m): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2013
LB grin

Maclatunji...who is he? grin

LB kindly explain plz
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2013
Law-confessor:
Thread will soon be Closed/Removed!! gringringrin

na lie lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 16, 2013
Gombs: LB grin

Maclatunji...who is he? grin

LB kindly explain plz

Malactunji is a nairaland Sultan
He is also the supreme leader of the Islamic republic of Nairalandistan
He is also a cleric
He presides over Islamic matters on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

na lie lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You suppose knw how maclatunji dey behave nw? He has done it to me sef, unless say seun do decide say water don pass im garri..anyways, make you try keep us updatedcheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 16, 2013
joel lala:

You suppose knw how maclatunji dey behave nw? He has done it to me sef, unless say seun do decide say water don pass im garri..anyways, make you try keep us updatedcheesy

I will grin grin grin grin

We shall see
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Gombs(m): 10:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Malactunji is a nairaland Sultan
He is also the supreme leader of the Islamic republic of Nairalandistan
He is also a cleric
He presides over Islamic matters on nairaland

*falls into staggering laughter

*Drops fone into pap!

Deols would get you for this. Is she a mod too? She is the feminine description of the above.

1 Like

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by UyiIredia(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Damn ! that was a very poor response from mac.
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Gombs:

*falls into staggering laughter

*Drops fone into pap!

Deols would get you for this. Is she a mod too? She is the feminine description of the above.

Deols is not a tyrant.....she is just an obedient woman wink
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Gombs(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Deols is not a tyrant.....she is just an obedient woman wink

Very believable!

Sha, na them sabi.
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Damn ! that was a very poor response from mac.

~Here is another poor one (a poorer one);

usermane:
But the thread you hid wasn't abusive to islam neither was it offensive to muslims. At least those who read beyond the OP or first page will admit this. I tried proving basilico claims as wrong in a Quranic style, in a civilised debate fashion but it turned out that you guys weren't seeing things that way.
I know it is too late to cry when the head has been cut off but, is this how the section is going to continue?, Truely this isn't how to propagate one 's faith and this is how the Catholic Church started. One should be open to critics, that is the system of GOD, Qur'an 2:256. GOD even gave satan the freedom to lead men astray!. I just hope even few of us can eventually accept the Undisputable Word Of GOD : QURAN and set ourselves free.

maclatunji:
^Your opinions are noted but my discretion and decision prevails on the matter.

Thank you.

https://www.nairaland.com/288134/lodge-complaints-here/23#18494374

Maclatunji is rude, arrogant and power-obsessed
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

I will grin grin grin grin

We shall see

**In maclatunji's voice**
Logicboy how dare you open a thread about me? Do you want me to blow you up to smithereens? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Is it appropriate for seun to 'scold' any of his moderators in public? I think not unless the moderator has been cautioned before in private. Since I cannot verify whether seun has done this privately before, then I can't hold firm that seun was wrong in scolding him as he did.

Secondly, I have not been a fan of mods editing the posts of members. I think it is very disrespectful. The most I think a mod can do is hide the post of any member they believe deserved to have his/her post hidden, such that if the member seeks redress, the mod would have ready evidence to backup any reason he/she has for hiding the post.

Thirdly, the manner in which Mac replied was not appropriate. He should have been a bit more cordial. Probably there is a history between him and the poster before the ish.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by woky: 10:47am On Oct 16, 2013
am jst peeping
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 16, 2013
striktlymi: Is it appropriate for seun to 'scold' any of his moderators in public? I think not unless the moderator has been cautioned before in private. Since I cannot verify whether seun has done this privately before, then I can't hold firm that seun was wrong in scolding him as he did.

Secondly, I have not been a fan of mods editing the posts of members. I think it is very disrespectful. The most I think a mod can do is hide the post of any member they believe deserved to have his/her post hidden, such that if the member seeks redress, the mod would have ready evidence to backup any reason he/she has for hiding the post.

Thirdly, the manner in which Mac replied was not appropriate. He should have been a bit more cordial. Probably there is a history between him and the poster before the ish.

100% agree.
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2013
hahaha....

mac is a boss!

See how he replied Seun

maclatunji:
8. Finally, the Islam for Muslims section is a very special section. You will not understand and appreciate the work I do here until I leave. This is not about self-praise but a statement of fact. I don't intend to be moderator here indefinitely but I have told you in private and I am telling you publicly, you mess this section up with your interventions and you will be managing serious operational problems with Nairaland instead of making genuine progress. Why? You would be rolling from one conflict to the other on this website.

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by RationalDude(m): 10:51am On Oct 16, 2013
Power-drunk dictator!
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2013
RationalDude: Power-drunk dictator!

The guy is a boss.....what other moderator can say this to Seun?

maclatunji:

Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Vivly(f): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Dayuum! Is that a threat?
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by woky: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03: hahaha....

mac is a boss!

See how he replied Seun

no be small tin o
Re: Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 16, 2013
woky: no be small tin o

lol grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Check Cac Company Registration Status And Code. / Analyze nairaland Guys Here? / Genuine Loan Providers, Genuine Private Loan Lenders, SBLC Providers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.