Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. (16631 Views)

Nigerian Paramilitary Recruitment 2016 / Military And Paramilitary Recruitment / Which Of The Military And Paramilitary Is Highly Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by lastmessenger: 11:04am On Oct 16, 2013
Every now and then military and paramilitary bodies carryout recruitment exercise and they ask ask Nigerians to pay some amount ranging from 1k to 3k.At the end of the recruitment exercise a handfull of people get employed.for example in last years navy recruitment exercise,a friend from Edo state who passed the aptitude test but couldnt scale through the interview told me that only 2 people got the job from Edo state yet thousands where made to part with their hard earned money in purchasing the scratch.Army just recently shortlisted names without conducting aptitude test for those that bought the scratch card.then i ask myself the basis for the shortlisted names.Do people pay money when applying for a job in the military and paramilitary bodies in countries like the US other developed countries of the world.secondly i want to ask fellow nairalanders if any of you know anybody that have got employed in the police,army,ndlea,airforce,navy,immigration,custom,sss,vio and civil defence as an officer(not the ones they enter with WAEC) on merit?

10 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by JECBOSS: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2013
Below average
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by lastmessenger: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
JECBOSS: Below average
have u seen anybody recruited on merit basis
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Afam4eva(m): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
It's another source of income for these agencies. It's a shame really.

2 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by imperiouxx(m): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
I don't know why every means is used to milk innocent young graduates in Nigeria.

Banks will milk you
Recruiters will milk you
Rental agents will milk you
Local governments milk you
Even fed government milks you

Only you!

I'll never forget the 2010 NDLEA job test which I finally uploaded 7 months ago on Youtube. lolz.... See Multitude of vibrant Nigerian grads (MSc, BSc and HND) suffering at National Stadium, Lagos (day two of the test) after buying N1,500 online access card. After this crazy test, only few cadets (I guess technical degree and sec sch cert) from nowhere were picked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3VftJWP_R8

2 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by demmy55(m): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
I cannot categorically tell you how fair our recruitment is right now.
I don't want to say one thing now and my oga at the top will say it is another. undecided

I hope this statement satisfies your curiosity.

May you not find it difficult locating your Oga @ d top IJN!

4 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by ruudboie(m): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ok
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Brymo: 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
as fair as rooney.
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Na connection things
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by strangest(m): 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
The army shortlisting needs to be looked into... There's scam in it... No exam and list just pops out

2 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by UgoPapa: 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
We still live in naija.things will become fair in 2098

3 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Felixandra: 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Because of those things you' ve stated, we end up filling our military and para with people who don't have passion for the job, but passion for the money they earn.
But we will get there one day.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

3 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Ediss(m): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hmmm that all I can say. Don't view my profile ok? cool. Ok let me just say the truth. It is God that give job, am I living testimony grin

3 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
The selection process isn't pure. But no matter how corrupt the system may be, merit still exists

1 Like

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by ayooyee: 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wat do u expect 4rm a corrupt country
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by dridowu: 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Not shortlisted 4 army, so i guess it is unfair selection
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dr_Bode: The selection process isn't pure. But no matter how corrupt the system may be, merit still exists
#Gbam
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Stallion77(f): 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
Any paramilitary recruitment that ask for money should be well checked....u might be getting scammed. The real deal wont ask for money...just keep an eye inside to know wen they recruiting cos most times they finish recruiting b4 publishing recruitment ads.
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by abatajjvii: 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm

I remember when i was a soldier

Gbam gbamm gbammmm
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
lastmessenger: Every now and then military and paramilitary bodies carryout recruitment exercise and they ask ask Nigerians to pay some amount ranging from 1k to 3k.At the end of the recruitment exercise a handfull of people get employed.for example in last years navy recruitment exercise,a friend from Edo state who passed the aptitude test but couldnt scale through the interview told me that only 2 people got the job from Edo state yet thousands where made to part with their hard earned money in purchasing the scratch.Army just recently shortlisted names without conducting aptitude test for those that bought the scratch card.then i ask myself the basis for the shortlisted names.Do people pay money when applying for a job in the military and paramilitary bodies in countries like the US other developed countries of the world.secondly i want to ask fellow nairalanders if any of you know anybody that have got employed in the police,army,ndlea,airforce,navy,immigration,custom,sss,vio and civil defence as an officer(not the ones they enter with WAEC) on merit?
yes i knw one in army
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by lastmessenger: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ediss: Hmmm that all I can say. Don't view my profile ok? cool. Ok let me just say the truth. It is God that give job, am I living testimony grin
bros can u tell me which military or paramilitary body that u got employed and what rank were employed.because i know that those applicant with waec is may be treated with fairness
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by vivavik(f): 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
I think with God's grace evryfin is possible. Merits do work, but the system is so corrupt that only a few are taken. Let's hope that this current immigration recruitment will be done on merit cos I did put in 4 it. God can move mountain.

1 Like

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Dondave11: 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nothing like 'Recruitment based on Merit' ..
Connection..Connection..is just the Bases..
If u don't knw anybody at the top, don't even waste your time applying. Period!

6 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Zakkyoz: 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
To get job in this wonderful part of the world, two things are involved ...........
Either through Divine intervention or Oga @ the top.
UNDILUTED FACT.

8 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Dondave11: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
vivavik: I think with God's grace evryfin is possible. Merits do work, but the system is so corrupt that only a few are taken. Let's hope that this current immigration recruitment will be done on merit cos I did put in 4 it. God can move mountain.
LMAO...Lady, d0n't waste ur time.. God work in mysterious ways..yea, we know..
But, concerning this aspect of our dear 9ja recruitment.. Just look for a button to press..
Best of luckz sha..

2 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by ZackiGp(m): 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ediss: Hmmm that all I can say. Don't view my profile ok? cool. Ok let me just say the truth. It is God that give job, am I living testimony grin
u be vigilante?

2 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by babywhale(m): 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Most of the people applying are just looking for a job and its a sad thing. In my opinion they are a reflection of the county so there performance too!

Premium virgin hairs like Peruvian etc: www.premiumhairsng.com or www.facebook.com/premiumhairng
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by andyanders: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
There is no job out there rather, Federal government agency's way of stealing from innocent Nigerians. Why must Immigration ask young Nigerians pay N1,000 knowingly fully well that you will not be given any job? What happens to my N1,000 when I am not given the money. Imagine 3 million youths paying N1,000 how much these government agencies will be making. I now ask, why serving this nation by having to go a compulsory 1 year NYSC? Our leaders has failed us using every avenue to steal from the public.
Driver's license you pay, plate number for small cars, they will ask you to pay between 25k to 30 for the plate number and your papers. Someone will be take a office and start making money from one policy or the other.

The openings, they will give to the members of their families. All officers has an allocation for slots for their families, female friends and their likes up to the presidency got their own allocation of who enters all these offices. Nothing by merit. We have sold our conscience to teh devil whereby our leaders do not have any fear of God rather for their self ego display by giving their concubines slots in federal and state government establishments.

7 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by andyanders: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
There is no job out there rather, Federal government agency's way of stealing from innocent Nigerians. Why must Immigration ask young Nigerians to pay N1,000 knowingly fully well that you will not be given any job? What happens to my N1,000 when I am not given the job? Imagine 3 million youths paying N1,000 how much these government agencies will be making. I now ask, why serving this nation by having to go a compulsory 1 year NYSC? Our leaders has failed us using every avenue to steal from the public.
Driver's license you pay, plate number for small cars, they will ask you to pay between 25k to 30 for the plate number and your papers. Someone will take an office and start making money from one policy or the other.

The openings, they will give to the members of their families. All officers has an allocation for slots for their families, female friends and their likes up to the presidency do have their own allocation of who enters all these offices. Nothing by merit. We have sold our conscience to the devil whereby our leaders do not have any fear of God rather for their self ego display by giving their concubines slots in federal and state government establishments.
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by nedu2000(m): 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
When someone like obafaiye Shem(oga @d top fame) is a commandant of the NSCDC of a state,it gives you an idea,how the recruitment is so flawed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment / IITA Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / TGI Management Trainee Program (LEAP) 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.