Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

What Is the Meaning of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is the Meaning of Love? (23290 Views)

Do Nigerian Girls Really Know The Meaning Of "Orente"? / Abortion: Now A Proof Of Love? / What Is The Meaning And Purpose Of Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2006
The word 'love' is a very common part of our vocabulary. Its use has undergone so many metamorphoses, however, that it is often difficult to understand exactly what people mean when they use the word 'love'.

What is love?

Is it a mushy feeling that makes you go puppy-eyed and malleable? Is it the same thing as sexual attraction? Is it a choice or a decision? Is it forced or an act of will? Can someone love another person without wanting to have sex with them?

Are there different kinds of love? If there are, which is the best kind of love?

When people say they are looking for 'true love', does it mean that there is false love? How is that possible?

Is love sacrificial?

I would like to know what you think.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by mukina2: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2006
Love is the best thing that can happen to any person young or old.Its the sweetest feeling.Its as strong as death because the minute you break up with someone you hurt inside really bad sad

real love is what i have for my king Genial
kiss wink grin grin
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by desiree(f): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2006
Love is an overrate word that guys use and the true meaning lives in their pants not their heart/head; D grin .
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by eveseh(f): 11:26pm On Jun 08, 2006
this is da meaning ;d

Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by BigShishi(m): 12:26am On Jun 09, 2006
love is shishi and eve on a cool summer evening!
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by babygirl1: 2:14am On Jun 09, 2006
since there are no real definition of love, you can't say that any definition of love is made up or it's true. (something that you can't describe in word) so , yes you can take definition of love from any women/man,love is whatever you want it to be, but doesn't involve sex or any kind of sex, / Love is when one's emotion on relation with someone else is at high level.

or

love is just a chemical reaction in your brain. I don't see the need to over-romanticize it. But hey, if you can find someone that makes your brain release those particular neurotransmitters enjoy it.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by eveseh(f): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2006
Big Shishi:

love is shishi and eve on a cool summer evening!

yea right
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by bluenubian(f): 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2006
love is not having to say you are sorry
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2006
love, love, love

love to me means, pain and heartbreak and cheating and anger and sadness.

love can be good and bad but mine has been hell. eerday i wake up thinking y is dere something like love. all lonely and stuff makes me wanna say fu*k love. well, i just said it.

my dad told me love means, dying. if u can die for the one u love den u r in love but if u cant den take a break cuzz u aint in love. it might be infatuation.

i already killed cupid and buried him. let me continue being lonely, i will get used to it. its life. sad
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by eslynera(f): 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2006
bluenubian:

lol, despite of d hi5 topics, from what u understand? undecided

from what i know is that love isn't just love! love is like a tree of many branches, u know?
care is love, a desire is love, admiring is love, and etc.
i'ts not only as the way the word it'self is, it's got many branches and definitions.
but from what i know is that there ain't true love, that's for real, undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2006
didy4dt:

love, love, love

love to me means, pain and heartbreak and cheating and anger and sadness.

love can be good and bad but mine has been hell. eerday i wake up thinking y is dere something like love. all lonely and stuff makes me want to say fu*k love. well, i just said it.

my dad told me love means, dying. if u can die for the one u love den you're in love but if u can't den take a break cuzz u aint in love. it might be infatuation.

i already killed cupid and buried him. let me continue being lonely, i will get used to it. its life. sad

You scare me. Could love be so terrible?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2006
u have no idea man. u have no idea.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Damsal(f): 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2006
i must admit i dont believe in love i think it's a figment of the imagination that while in those circunstances you bring up the idea that it is love beacuse you have no other definition for it. I mean with the rate of divorces going is definitly in a lossing battle
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2006
eslynera:

but from what i know is that there ain't true love, that's for real, undecided undecided undecided undecided

So love is one grand deception then? A system of manipulation to make one lose self control? A shadow, a mirage?

How bleak!
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2006
Damsal:

i must admit i don't believe in love i think it's a figment of the imagination that while in those circunstances you bring up the idea that it is love beacuse you have no other definition for it. I mean with the rate of divorces going is definitly in a lossing battle

What is life without love?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 11:55pm On Jun 09, 2006
babygirl1:

love is just a chemical reaction in your brain. I don't see the need to over-romanticize it. But hey, if you can find someone that makes your brain release those particular neurotransmitters enjoy it.

You sound sceptical. Have you ever been deceived by love?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 11:56pm On Jun 09, 2006
bluenubian:

Can you kindly expatiate? Is love = rudeness? undecided
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 12:00am On Jun 10, 2006
didy4dt:

u have no idea man. u have no idea.

"Show me a heart without scars and I will show you a heart that has never loved". Is that true?

You sound like a man that has been wounded by love.

"All wounds heal, even though the scars may not be erased. But the scars caused by love often last forever".
- Anonymous.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 12:01am On Jun 10, 2006
i seriously dont wanna talk about this man. but just know that to me, love fucking sucks. it sucks like hell. i hate it. it is bad. i wudnt wish the pain to my worst enemy.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Damsal(f): 12:02am On Jun 10, 2006
well i've never being in love and in circumstances when i thought i have i realise that i'm really not.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 12:04am On Jun 10, 2006
diddy4dt:

i seriously don't want to talk about this man. but just know that to me, love fucking sucks. it sucks like hell. i hate it. it is bad. i wudnt wish the pain to my worst enemy.

Your desolation makes me weep, my friend. Is there no hope for one that has never loved?
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Damsal(f): 12:04am On Jun 10, 2006
diddy4dt, i'm sure love is not that bad. you've probably just being hurt on a couple of occasions
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 12:05am On Jun 10, 2006
if u havent, try it but just get ready for the pain. hope u can handle it.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 12:08am On Jun 10, 2006
Diddy4dt,

I can see your signature. Is this something that happened over the past few days?

The storm will blow over.

And you will see the sun shining.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 12:09am On Jun 10, 2006
nahhhh man, its been 6 months. hey im over it aiight. but i cant love again. dats for sure.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 12:12am On Jun 10, 2006
diddy4dt:

nahhhh man, its been 6 months. hey im over it aiight. but i can't love again. that is for sure.

I hope you're really over it. You're getting me worried.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Damsal(f): 12:12am On Jun 10, 2006
Genial you seem very aware of this topic are YOU in love.

and to diddy4dt even broken plates can be glued back i'm sure you learn to love again
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2006
dat will be if i give it a chance again.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Genial(m): 12:15am On Jun 10, 2006
Damsal:

Genial you seem very aware of this topic are YOU in love.

and to didy4dt even broken plates can be glued back i'm sure you learn to love again

How can I tell if I'm in love if I don't know what love is? wink

I'm not yet in love.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Damsal(f): 12:16am On Jun 10, 2006
trust me you will, that's how the human heart functions. Everyone needs love kiss
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by diddy4(m): 12:16am On Jun 10, 2006
thanks, i might, someday. when i meet the right person.
Re: What Is the Meaning of Love? by Damsal(f): 12:17am On Jun 10, 2006
Genial you seem to be very aware of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos Of The Naked Philanthropist Who Raised $60k For Australian Vict / "Can You Eat Beans For 10 Years?" - Married Man Says When Asked Why He Cheated / My Neighbor Scammed Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.