Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? (9005 Views)

His Dad Could Be My Baby’s Father / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Marrying A Divorced Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

Do statistics also show that baby daddies raise better children?

I think it depends on the father and how mature the mother + father handle the situation.
I have no statistics though.

Yet, I think that we both agree that the healthiest Environment for children is when mother and father are married / together and happy with each other. But not every child is that lucky undecided
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Let me tell you what I think.

- Your aunty is lying to you just to save face.

- Your friend more convincing, probably does not want marriage.

Quite possible. But there is no explanation to support her refusal of suitors.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I think it depends on the father and how mature the mother + father handle the situation.
I have no statistics though.

Yet, I think that we both agree that the healthiest Environment for children is when mother and father are married / together and happy with each other. But not every child is that lucky undecided

I totally agree with you. I feel i have a perfect family. It's so perfect it scares me sometimes. I just wish no child would grow up without a HOME.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

Yes i do. Though it depends on when divorce came in. At least, they enjoyed family harmony for a while. With time, they would understand what went wrong and the real issues of life. Reasonable divorce parents would raise them not to make same mistakes they made.

Now compare a child that had no family. He grew up with a father or a mother. No show of love towards the opposite sex in the name of marriage or co-habitation. He could grow up to believe marriage is a sham and unnecessary. He would be denied of family love and unity no matter how little. He would have nothing to learn from. He would see life in a one-sided way and wonder why mum didn't marry daddy. Or why dad never loved mummy enough to marry her. He could even think he was a mistake or a product of over-active pën1s.

Nope.

Virtually always it will always be a sign of failure in their lives and the first major failure they have experienced.

They will adapt to it but deep down it would be one thing in the world they wish they can reverse.

As for your second point, there are many children that grew up in single parent homes who grow up very willing and eager to marry.

I agree he would have not much to learn from and have a one-sided view. But so will the child whose parents divorced when young.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

Quite possible. But there is no explanation to support her refusal of suitors.

- The suitors are not the ones that ticked her teenage wish list or she is hoping for a long lost love to see sense and return.
- The suitors were not reliable emotionally and/or financially.
- The suitors are already married.
- The suitors never existed. It was all a made up story.

1 Like

Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Nope.

Virtually always it will always be a sign of failure in their lives and the first major failure they have experienced.

They will adapt to it but deep down it would be one thing in the world they wish they can reverse.

As for your second point, there are many children that grew up in single parent homes who grow up very willing and eager to marry.

I agree he would have not much to learn from and have a one-sided view. But so will the child whose parents divorced when young.

It still boils down to the age of the child. I believe if divorced parents work on their children rather than wallow in self pity or cry over split milk, little harm would be done. Let them understand that when you fall, you should rise again...stronger and with power. Divorce is not a death sentence.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

I totally agree with you. I feel i have a perfect family. It's so perfect it scares me sometimes. I just wish no child would grow up without a HOME.

You are blessed with a perfect family. Don't bother yourself thinking of what could happen tomorrow. There is no guarantee in life. Nobody knows tomorro, so enjoy today. My best wishes for you kiss
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

- The suitors are not the ones that ticked her teenage wish list or she is hoping for a long lost love to see sense and return.

OR they just understood that relationships are not a fairytale wink and feel more peaceful alone.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Lmao. My aunt would go ballistic on you if she gets to read this piece. Will you marry her? She is beautiful? tongue
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
carefreewannabe:

You are blessed with a perfect family. Don't bother yourself thinking of what could happen tomorrow. There is no guarantee in life. Nobody knows tomorro, so enjoy today. My best wishes for you kiss

That's true. Fear of the unknown is a båstãrd!
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by elrony(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Go un sorn! (Go ahead) cheesy

Lol...

Ehmm!...I'd prefer he stays with his divorced Dad whom he lived with and prolly grew up with before the broken marriage brouhaha !!

I don't get d frigging idea of a baby padrè!!
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
carefreewannabe:

OR they just understood that relationships are not a fairytale wink and feel more peaceful alone.

Maybe. It's clearly not for someone like me that likes love and men. I can give anything to be in a man's arms for hours, stealing kisses and getting...
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

Lmao. My aunt would go ballistic on you if she gets to read this piece. Will you marry her? She is beautiful? tongue

If she was that beautiful to the point I don't suspect you are using family-bias prism to look at her, she would not need you asking me. Many men would harass her until she signs the papers at the altar. tongue grin

Post her pix lets see. cheesy
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
elrony:

Lol...

Ehmm!...I'd prefer he stays with his divorced Dad whom he lived with and prolly grew up with before the broken marriage brouhaha !!

I don't get d frigging idea of a baby padrè!!

Yo! Preach it!
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:
Maybe. It's clearly not for someone like me that likes love and men. I can give anything to be in a man's arms for hours, stealing kisses and getting...

You mean you can not bat for the other team? shocked tongue grin
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

If she was that beautiful to the point I don't suspect you are using family-bias prism to look at her, she would not need you asking me. Many men would harass her until she signs the papers at the altar. tongue grin

Post her pix lets see. cheesy

On a serious note, she is beautiful. Scratch that! Very beautiful! I know she has anger issues and she is violent but i don't think it's something you can't handle. And she is only 46.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

On a serious note, she is beautiful. Scratch that! Very beautiful! I know she has anger issues and she is violent but i don't think it's something you can't handle. And she is only 46.

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

You mean you can not bat for the other team? shocked tongue grin

Never. I reject it! I need to explore and appreciate something i don't have.

1 Like

Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

Ehen! Ati de idi ishasun. (We have reached the root of the problem). grin grin grin

Me handle wetin? grin

You no know me. I love my peace which bachelorhood adequately provides. cheesy

And 46 is old enough to be my grandmother. grin
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Ehen! Ati de idi ishasun. (We have reached the root of the problem). grin grin grin

Me handle wetin? grin

You no know me. I love my peace which bachelorhood adequately provides. cheesy

And 46 is old enough to be my grandmother. grin

I actually don't see that as a problem. You can tame her. What's the big deal? 46? Your grandmother? shocked
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

I actually don't see that as a problem. You can tame her. What's the big deal?

Awey, persin tell you say I be Craig Busch (The Lion Man)?

I no get skills to tame o.

I am proficient in wakapassing sha.

When it comes to women, any hassle, me gonna! grin

Merkki:
46? Your grandmother? shocked

I am only 17 years of age o. tongue
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Awey, persin tell you say I be Craig Busch (The Lion Man)?

I no get skills to tame o.

I am proficient in wakapassing sha.

When it comes to women, any hassle, me gonna! grin

I am only 17 years of o. tongue

Lol. Liar. With that profile picture, you should be close to 47 tongue
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
Merkki:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am young, black and handsome o.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 17, 2013
Merkki:

Buhahaha!

@topic
I think the former is better than the latter theoretically. They child would be used to the pattern in the former, instead of getting used to having a dad around and then all of a sudden he leaves.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by dayokanu(m): 3:02am On Oct 17, 2013
Learning
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 7:54am On Oct 17, 2013
Why do people prefer half-empty cup to a half-full one?
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2013
stillwater:

Buhahaha!

@topic
I think the former is better than the latter theoretically. They child would be used to the pattern in the former, instead of getting used to having a dad around and then all of a sudden he leaves.

Haters gonna hate. tongue

I am a fine murrrafucker. grin
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2013
Sagamite:

Haters gonna hate. tongue

I am a fine murrrafucker. grin

Then show your face. cheesy
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Sagamite(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2013
Merkki:

Then show your face. cheesy

Ask stillwater.

I used to show my face when I first joined NL.

She used to sit by her computer and bat her eyelashes in delight all day. grin
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by Merkki(f): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2013
Sagamite:

Ask stillwater.

I used to show my face when I first joined NL.

She used to sit by her computer and bat her eyelashes in delight all day. grin

Really? You must be so cute. Good to know.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by bukatyne(f): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2013
I know we hear that divorce affects the kids but I sometimes don't get it.

The home has been very unhappy for a while and everyone goes their separate ways, shouldn't the kids be happy esp. when there was an abusive partner?

I get that some divorce cases are just about two adults with too much time on their hands and too little to do.

@Op,

It depends on the circumstances.
Re: A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? by OmoAlata1(f): 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
What about the case of a husband who is just a sperm donor? The wife is basically the one raising the kids.

Btw, sagamite u should have bent some more in that pose, I would have love to see the bubblicious of your booty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UPDATES: I Need Help , My Head Is Full. tnk u all for ur contribution. / Would You Work For Your Father In-law? / If This Is How Women Smell I Don't Think I Can Live In Same Room.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.