Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister (1525 Views)

Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars / NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Donmams(m): 6:23am On Oct 17, 2013
The minister of aviation, Stella Oduah, has explained that threats to her life over reforms in the aviation sector and the general insecurity in the country prompted the purchase the two armoured BMW cars worth N127. 575 million each.

The online news portal,saharareporters, had claimed that it obtained documents which showed the paper trail of the transaction involving Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), First Bank and Coscharis Motors. The cars were purchased by NCAA from Coscharis Motors, paying through accounts with First Bank.

But speaking with LEADERSHIP yesterday, the special assistant on media to the aviation minister, Mr. Joe Obi, said that when the minister came on board with her reforms, which included reversing some concessions and agreements that were not in the interest of the people and government of Nigeria, “a lot of entrenched interests felt that they had been dislocated from the sector. The minister began to receive series of threats to her life, but because of the general lack of security in the land, she did not want to raise an alarm but kept it quiet and then decided to protect herself. So those vehicles were purchased in response to the general state of security in the land and the personal threats to her life because of the giant steps she has taken to reposition the sector.”

He said that the minister had been trailed several times and that there were clear and present dangers to her life which were averted or neutralised.

On why N127.575 million for each of the car, Obi said they were special purpose vehicles, even as he explained that the utility vehicles were bought in the name of the Minister of Aviation and not in the name of Stella Oduah.

“Normally, you don’t buy one utility vehicle but you buy two at a time because you must have a back-up for public officials. The level of exposure which came with her job warranted the purchase of the vehicles. As a private citizen, she never had these vehicles,” he added.

However, the general manager, Public Affairs of NCAA, Mr Fan Ndubuoke, said he was unaware that such vehicles were purchased for the minister.

“I cannot comment on something I know nothing about,” he insisted.

When contacted, the coordinating general manager, Aviation Agencies, Mr. Yakubu Dati, corroborated Obi’s response - that threats to the minister safety prompted the purchases- and said that he had nothing more to add.

Efforts to contact Coscharis Motors were unsuccessful as its officials failed to pick their calls and refused to answer a text message sent over the issue.

The aviation minister, Stella Oduah, has come under fire for a number of air crashes and near misses in the last one year that have cost about 200 lives. Many aviation analysts have accused her of high-handedness in managing the ministry because of her closeness to the Presidency.

According to the documents obtained by saharareporters, the transaction for the purchase of the two BMW vehicles began in June 2013 but the request for their delivery and payment were hurriedly done between August 13 and 15, 2013.

The two black BMW Li HSS vehicles had chassis numbers WBAHP41050DW68032 and WBAHP41010DW68044 respectively and were delivered to NCAA on August 13, 2013.

http://leadership.ng/news/171013/why-we-bought-2-armoured-bmw-cars-aviation-minister
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Donmams(m): 6:25am On Oct 17, 2013
Yesterday you talk say na rumour. Today na different story. Thief! Thief! Thief!

1 Like

Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Extom(m): 6:44am On Oct 17, 2013
Which set of people are threatening her?
The ones whose families are perishing in plane crashes, or the ones whose planes are crashing?
Because me I cannot see any difference between the present aviation policies, and the previous ones.
The only thing I see is plane crashing, or almost crashing... If she's actually reforming the policies, then why can't we see a progress?
All these sweet-mouthed politicians and ministers should park their things and go ooh!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Trailii: 7:48am On Oct 17, 2013
God will punish dis woman! She will neva know peace in her life. We don suffer for nigeria. 127 million for ordinary minister car...... Jonathan can Ɣøû see d level of corruption n ur administration!!!! Dis man destiny is to bankrupt dis nation!!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:59am On Oct 17, 2013
Trail ii: God will punish dis woman! She will neva know peace in her life. We don suffer for nigeria. 127 million for ordinary minister car...... Jonathan can Ɣøû see d level of corruption n ur administration!!!! Dis man destiny is to bankrupt dis nation!!!
bros, u better relax before hypertension cut short ur life wey no even reach ceiling before grin

As in, i dnt like either Jonathan or stella, but if u keep raging like this, u dey on ur own o!

U better focus on ur own life and allow this people live their life. Its just for a while though..

Since i am comfortable, and business will go fine...what else?
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by webpower84: 8:07am On Oct 17, 2013
So Sahara reporters were right afterall. If not for them, maybe no one could have heard it. Kudos to them
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by onomeasike: 8:10am On Oct 17, 2013
This woman is pure evil.I was almost concluding that it's only her and private cemetery owners that are reaping from her corrupt leadership until I remembered casket makers like MIC funeral services Boss and his son's blood were sucked by this vampire woman

1 Like

Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by onomeasike: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2013
Somebody should please put up her picture and that of her family for special curses
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Donjazzy12(m): 8:12am On Oct 17, 2013
Where is saboteur Nigerian AKA InsincereNigerian? Where is that son of a b1tch?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by onomeasike: 8:14am On Oct 17, 2013
Somebody should please put up her picture and that of her family for special curses .on a second thought, let's forgive afterall we forgave oil subsidy thieves of the Jonathan era

1 Like

Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2013
Donmams: The minister of aviation, Stella Oduah, has explained that threats to her life over reforms in the aviation sector and the general insecurity in the country prompted the purchase the two armoured BMW cars worth N127. 575 million each.

The online news portal,saharareporters, had claimed that it obtained documents which showed the paper trail of the transaction involving Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), First Bank and Coscharis Motors. The cars were purchased by NCAA from Coscharis Motors, paying through accounts with First Bank.

But speaking with LEADERSHIP yesterday, the special assistant on media to the aviation minister, Mr. Joe Obi, said that when the minister came on board with her reforms, which included reversing some concessions and agreements that were not in the interest of the people and government of Nigeria, “a lot of entrenched interests felt that they had been dislocated from the sector. The minister began to receive series of threats to her life, but because of the general lack of security in the land, she did not want to raise an alarm but kept it quiet and then decided to protect herself. So those vehicles were purchased in response to the general state of security in the land and the personal threats to her life because of the giant steps she has taken to reposition the sector.”

He said that the minister had been trailed several times and that there were clear and present dangers to her life which were averted or neutralised.

On why N127.575 million for each of the car, Obi said they were special purpose vehicles, even as he explained that the utility vehicles were bought in the name of the Minister of Aviation and not in the name of Stella Oduah.

“Normally, you don’t buy one utility vehicle but you buy two at a time because you must have a back-up for public officials. The level of exposure which came with her job warranted the purchase of the vehicles. As a private citizen, she never had these vehicles,” he added.

However, the general manager, Public Affairs of NCAA, Mr Fan Ndubuoke, said he was unaware that such vehicles were purchased for the minister.

“I cannot comment on something I know nothing about,” he insisted.

When contacted, the coordinating general manager, Aviation Agencies, Mr. Yakubu Dati, corroborated Obi’s response - that threats to the minister safety prompted the purchases- and said that he had nothing more to add.

Efforts to contact Coscharis Motors were unsuccessful as its officials failed to pick their calls and refused to answer a text message sent over the issue.

The aviation minister, Stella Oduah, has come under fire for a number of air crashes and near misses in the last one year that have cost about 200 lives. Many aviation analysts have accused her of high-handedness in managing the ministry because of her closeness to the Presidency.

According to the documents obtained by saharareporters, the transaction for the purchase of the two BMW vehicles began in June 2013 but the request for their delivery and payment were hurriedly done between August 13 and 15, 2013.

The two black BMW Li HSS vehicles had chassis numbers WBAHP41050DW68032 and WBAHP41010DW68044 respectively and were delivered to NCAA on August 13, 2013.

http://leadership.ng/news/171013/why-we-bought-2-armoured-bmw-cars-aviation-minister

Someone please get DENDEMORON A.K.A DEDE 1- 1.7Billion alias Deridegull on the phone. The old looney was playing pretend forensic expert yesterday.....smh. When people are so stu*pid they cant see beyond tribe or religion. What a sad country.
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by dridowu: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2013
Join ds to 1billion naira food eaten by oga at d top, indirectly ASUU money is reducing.
May God punish all dos ogas that spent 9ja money 4 dr personal use

1 Like

Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by drnoel: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2013
webpower84: So Sahara reporters were right afterall. If not for them, maybe no one could have heard it. Kudos to them
Na wah, sahara reporters and their propaganda machine to finally hit the nail on the head to this one. What does one believe now? Sahara reporters, this aviation woman or government? Make we dey watch for part 2.
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by nafiachi(m): 8:54am On Oct 17, 2013
But has anyone seen or have any picture of this BMW's.
And abi na 12.7 million dem one write come make mistake?
127 million? kai we are really messed up as a nation wallahy, God help Us
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by ballabriggs: 9:16am On Oct 17, 2013
You see am. Later when plane crash the devils will say it is an 'act of god'.

Independence is critical for effective governance of an organisation run by professionals like the NCAA. However, where professionals are reduced to houseboys of politicians, how do you want them to function effectively? This shows have control over their finances. This shows Madam vampire can wake up one day, tell NCAA she needs a new g-string and GBAM, NCAA MD will run to yaba market to buy one. Tell me how such organisations can function effectively.

In her greed, not even one vehicle was enough, she requested for two. Money which could have been used to improve the lightning at that Murtala Muhammed International Airport that is as dark as Dunlop tire.

Tomorrow when another one crashes, Madam Vampire will say it is an 'act of god', forgetting how she has been manipulating critical safety organisations for her own selfishness.
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by playmode(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2013
Where is that waste of oxygen known as awodman and his 40 man laptop crew.Yesterday they were saying Sahara was trying to label the woman wrongly. Oya come and defend the indefensible you dumb negroids. This is the reason why most African states have failed.I am so glad i have disowned Nigeria ,what a useless country filled with the most despicable human beings known to man.

[size=15pt]NEGROIDS will VOTE for JONATHAN

Intelligent people will vote for someone else that has more substance than this fisherman from the creek[/size]
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by DeCleff(m): 9:25am On Oct 17, 2013
Donmams: Yesterday you talk say na rumour. Today na different story. Thief! Thief! Thief!
My brother this people tire me ooooo. Wetin them wan make we believe again?
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by phlamy(m): 9:34am On Oct 17, 2013
Sometimes I am tempted to think we have been cursed with the type of leaders we have.

It is as if it is practically impossible for Nigeria and Africa as a whole to have good leaders. Whoever placed this curse of leadership
on us should please have mercy, cos I just cant fathom, i cant fathom.

My heart bleeds terribly, this amount will pay the salary of over 1,200 professors in Nigerian University.

Would give some befitting labs to a number of schools etc.

I dont expect the President and his team to do anything about this though.

We need help in this country.

1 Like

Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by LajaLaba: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2013
Igbo Kwenu!!!!!
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by phlamy(m): 9:40am On Oct 17, 2013
FRESH AIR things.

I see fresh air everywhere. hahahaha

in GEJ s voice...".Corruption is not our number one problem and how do you say common stealing is corruption".

Fresh Air everywhere
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Brimmie(m): 9:44am On Oct 17, 2013
drnoel:
Na wah, sahara reporters and their propaganda machine to finally hit the nail on the head to this one. What does one believe now? Sahara reporters, this aviation woman or government? Make we dey watch for part 2.

I dont get it.. You still doubting!? You find it hard to believe!? Dayummmmmn!!!
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by drnoel: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2013
Brimmie:

I dont get it.. You still doubting!? You find it hard to believe!? Dayummmmmn!!!
Ma guy when u have repeated being lied to by a group of people, u will find it hard believe whatever they say even if they say the sky is falling on ur head and u see it coming but cos they said it, it will sound like fairytale. I still insist on seeing part 2 of the movie
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by jpphilips(m): 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
playmode: Where is that waste of oxygen known as awodman and his 40 man laptop crew.Yesterday they were saying Sahara was trying to label the woman wrongly. Oya come and defend the indefensible you dumb negroids. This is the reason why most African states have failed.I am so glad i have disowned Nigeria ,what a useless country filled with the most despicable human beings known to man.

[size=15pt]NEGROIDS will VOTE for JONATHAN

Intelligent people will vote for someone else that has more substance than this fisherman from the creek[/size]

Guess what! there are more Negroids than intelligent people in Nigeria, little wonder the Nation is the way it is
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by nedu666: 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
MADAM NO NEED FOR EXPLANATION, IBB STOLE BILLIONS IN DOLLARS WITHOUT EXPLANATION because IT WAS HIS TURN TO EAT

ABACHA, ABUBAKAR, OBJ, UMYA, GEJ , ALL GOVS, MINISTERS, DG, PERM SEC, COMMISSIONERS, BANK CEO, EVEN CEO OF NGO ALL STOLE , ARE

STILL STEALING WITHOUT EXPLANATION because ITS THEIR TURN TO EAT. ANYONE SHOUTING IS JUST JEALOUS because HE IS NOT EATING AT

EITHER PUBLIC OR PRIVATE LEVEL. EATERS DONT SHOUT, NON EATERS DO.
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Reptyle(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
This amounts to defending the indefensible. As a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria, Stella Oduah probably already rides in armoured vehicles and enjoys the services of a retinue of security aides and personnel.

What does she need 2 old model BMWs for? This just goes to further highlight the unparalleled greed of the Nigerian ruling class who will go to any length to enrich themselves even if it means stealing things they do not need.

Mrs Oduah should do the honourable thing and resign. Painting existing airports and building a few new ones as she claims she's championing isn't rocket science. I am sure the President can easily find a replacement.

Knowing this government for what it is however, I am not holding my breath.
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by bloggernaija: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
That ministry is a redundant ministry.
It should be scrapped.
Re: Why We Bought 2 Armoured BMW Cars – Aviation Minister by Donmams(m): 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
nedu666: MADAM NO NEED FOR EXPLANATION, IBB STOLE BILLIONS IN DOLLARS WITHOUT EXPLANATION because IT WAS HIS TURN TO EAT

ABACHA, ABUBAKAR, OBJ, UMYA, GEJ , ALL GOVS, MINISTERS, DG, PERM SEC, COMMISSIONERS, BANK CEO, EVEN CEO OF NGO ALL STOLE , ARE

STILL STEALING WITHOUT EXPLANATION because ITS THEIR TURN TO EAT. ANYONE SHOUTING IS JUST JEALOUS because HE IS NOT EATING AT

EITHER PUBLIC OR PRIVATE LEVEL. EATERS DONT SHOUT, NON EATERS DO.
Even Buhari haters know he is not a thief. That is why his name was not mentioned in this list.

(1) (Reply)

Obigate Scandal Peter Obi Indicted In 60.5 Million Naira Bribery Scam / Tambuwal Facing Impeachmeant After Involvement In Multi Million Dollar Car Sca / PDP House Of Rep. Primaries Results For Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.