Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Why So Much Hate For GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why So Much Hate For GEJ (1865 Views)

Attention!!!!!!!!!!!Any Correlation Btw The Hate For Jonathan And That For Igbos / Before A Hate For SW Brews Up / Why I Will Vote for GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why So Much Hate For GEJ by edunwosu(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2013
It's really amazed how nigerians abused and hate their president,the messed had been there before GEJ become a president.
My Question is this, is it because of freedom of press or the availability of internet.
This is a personal research I want to do.

I need answers not insult.
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2013
The best thing to do, ask for there tribe and religion.
If its a yoruba man dats hating him?...don't waste ur time listening to him.
If its a northern muslim?...just look at his face and take him back to Nigeria's history.
Dats all I ve to say.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by playmode(m): 10:50am On Oct 17, 2013
edunwosu: It's really amazed how nigerians abused and hate their president,the messed had been there before GEJ become a president.
My Question is this, is it because of freedom of press or the availability of internet.
This is a personal research I want to do.

I need answers not insult.

I am a Yoruba man and i say he is corrupt and a failed president.Too many corruption scandals during his tenure.My Secretary can run Nigeria better than him. Unfortunately people like Lyngn19 have an underdeveloped brain so they can't recognize bad governance even if it hits them in the face with a 20 ton truck.That is why people like him are referred to as Negroids.

12 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 17, 2013
playmode:

I am a Yoruba man and i say he is corrupt and a failed president.Too many corruption scandals during his tenure.My Secretary can run Nigeria better than him. Unfortunately people like Lyngn19 have an underdeveloped brain so they can't recognize bad governance even if it hits them in the face with a 20 ton truck.That is why people like him are referred to as Negroids.
Can u pls answer dz question?

jdilight: Let get the fact straight

1. Nigerians were once enjoying light that it was a taboo to switch of your light anytime in nigeria. Please which president mismanaged it and is he better than the present president that is trying to fix the mess.

2. Nigeria had a functional railway system before now. Under which president did we lost our railway system and is he better than the present president fixing this mess?

3. Before our naira became useless in the face of dallar, under which president did naira lost is grip on and nose dived?

4. Under which president did our foreign investors all ran away? Are they better than the president bringing back this investors?

5. Under which president did nigerians stop coming home after studing Abroad for lack of job in nigeria. Is he better than the present president putting up policies that are creating jobs.

let me hear your views on this first, more are on the way.

4 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by kkkp: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2013
Because he is clueless and a regionalist

4 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2013
Op, dis ur grammar ehn.. E get as e be oo

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by DisGuy: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2013
it would also be useful to your research if you dig deeper into Nairaland pre Jonathan era

Do Nigerians love their presidents?

Why is Jonathan above criticism?
Why was it okay/acceptable to Abuse Yaradua- afterall he also didnt create the power problem,
there was corruption before he became president

perhaps people have nowhere to hide now as it's come full circle- now we are hiding under tribe/religion just to deflect issues

and access to the Internet

4 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
lygn19: The best thing to do, ask for there tribe and religion.
If its a northern muslim?...just look at his face and take him back to Nigeria's history.
Dats all I ve to say.
If is a Igbo man nko? He has been compromised by both yoruba and hausa?
Is this really the legacy you want your children to inherit? Stewpidity?
You fools fail to remember how harshly and loudly yorubas criticised Obasanjo till he left office. Would you say they betrayed Obj? Aren't you supposed to think with your head and not your ar$e?
Nna, I shake my head o. You're a shame.

4 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Dis Guy: it would also be useful to your reaserch if you dig deeper into nairaland pre jonathan era

Do Nigerians love their presidents?

Why is Jonathan above criticism?
Why was it okay/acceptable to Abuse Yaradua- afterall he also didnt create the power problem,
there was corruption before he became president

perhaps people have nowhere to hide now as it's come full circle- now we are hiding under tribe/religion just to deflect issues

and access to the internet
God bless you. They complain of being treated differently, yet they differentiate themselves at every given opportunity. Their uniqueness wavers between superiority and victimisation whenever it suits them.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
fresh_dude: If is a Igbo man nko? He has been compromised by both yoruba and hausa?
Is this really the legacy you want your children to inherit? Stewpidity?
You fools fail to remember how harshly and loudly yorubas criticised Obasanjo till he left office. Would you say they betrayed Obj? Aren't you supposed to think with your head and not your ar$e?
Nna, I shake my head o. You're a shame.
Ok,,, then who is Faani Kayode, or Tinubu,,,
Is it voting in one of Nigeria's most corrupt politician into power, via APC's legacy you want your own children to inherit.
You fools fail to remember that we re all in dz together, but I wud tell u with my whole heart GEJ is trying,nobody is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Eledan: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nigerians have never in history being known to shy away from criticizing their leaders.....Shagari had it rough, Buhari and Idiagbon were not spared, Babangida got loads of bad mouths criticizing ...Abacha was pummeled, abubakar stay very short....OBJ was frustrated, Yardua even in his feeble health was not spared.....in all these, Nobody read tribal meaning nor impugn ethnicity into it.

But when GEJ came, Ibos and Ijaws high on our son mentality turned GEJ presidency into WE vs THEM....and any criticism of GEJ is viewed as collective criticism of Ibos/Ijaws.

Criticizing GEJ as a leader didn't start with GEJ and it won't end with him....as long as we have bad leadership....even when we eventually have a semblance of good leadership...we would still criticize.

The problem is how Ibos/Ijaws are handling GEJ own criticisms.

15 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by omenka(m): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Because Nigerians (I'm not one of them though) feel deeply betrayed by the way he runs the affairs of the state.

A lot of people who voted him did so because they thought he is fairly unknown and not corrupted by the political elite. He sounded like he was truely in touch with the psyche if most nigerians judging from his background.
But lo and behold, not so long after he won the election did he stab them in the back with some ponzi scheme aka fuel subsidy removal. That aside, they are now inundated day after day by news of corruption and all manner of executive crimes. And to add salt to injury, not a single conviction for high profile graft cases has been secured since he assumed the mantle of leadership in 2009!!!
And he robs it in their faces by saying "Nigerians refer to ordinary stealing as corruption" and "I don't give a damn!"

If na you, you nor go vex

5 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by lyjakado: 1:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
What is he doing in Abuja? Local Ijaw man! A minority who has no business being in Abuja. Which kain canoe carry am reach there? His main duty together with his kin and kith is to stand at the shorelines waving at the distant FPSO vessels transporting the crude oil drilled from his backyard soil after polluting his soil, water and air in the process. The proceeds from the export of the crude he is forbidden to have a taste of. Im wan purge? He ought to be in Otueke and if he needs to visit his folks in Agge, Ogbeintu or Orobiri he should watch the tide of Ramos River to know when it is safe to cross. It is a taboo to build a bridge there! Abuja should be a fairy tale to him. The tarred roads of Lagos should be for Tinubu, Fashola and cohorts. It is Tinubu’s divine right to travel overseas for his health. If local agbo cannot cure GEJ and his people they should kukuma die jare. The blood and destiny of his people should waste for the SW and other parts of Nigeria to be developed. Not to worry he should tune his transistor radio Ray power Warri and be consoled to hear how the raping of his land is building Nigeria. BUT he mustn’t partake. His people should be content with the GMoU they sign with SPDC and co. To crown it all he lacks the sophistication of the Yorubas! If only he was born one. That would have made his life and job easier.

4 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
^^
Useless post, senseless, foolish poster!

i dnt like jonathan, but u are worst!

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
lyjakado: What is he doing in Abuja? Local Ijaw man! A minority who has no business being in Abuja. Which kain canoe carry am reach there? His main duty together with his kin and kith is to stand at the shorelines waving at the distant FPSO vessels transporting the crude oil drilled from his backyard soil after polluting his soil, water and air in the process. The proceeds from the export of the crude he is forbidden to have a taste of. Im wan purge? He ought to be in Otueke and if he needs to visit his folks in Agge, Ogbeintu or Orobiri he should watch the tide of Ramos River to know when it is safe to cross. It is a taboo to build a bridge there! Abuja should be a fairy tale to him. The tarred roads of Lagos should be for Tinubu, Fashola and cohorts. It is Tinubu’s divine right to travel overseas for his health. If local agbo cannot cure GEJ and his people they should kukuma die jare. The blood and destiny of his people should waste for the SW and other parts of Nigeria to be developed. Not to worry he should tune his transistor radio Ray power Warri and be consoled to hear how the raping of his land is building Nigeria. BUT he mustn’t partake. His people should be content with the GMoU they sign with SPDC and co. To crown it all he lacks the sophistication of the Yorubas! If only he was born one. That would have made his life and job easier.
So since he's a minority he shudnt be treated as an equal citizen,,,let me tell u sth, all men where born equal it doesn't matter where u come from, I know that if ppl like u were americans, slave trade wudnt have been abolished till date.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by DisGuy: 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
the two posts above shows you up actually--he's being sarcastic

but then again some people from some parts can be very slow lol cheesy
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
lygn19:
Ok,,, then who is Faani Kayode, or Tinubu,,,
Is it voting in one of Nigeria's most corrupt politician into power, via APC's legacy you want your own children to inherit.
You fools fail to remember that we re all in dz together, but I wud tell u with my whole heart GEJ is trying,nobody is perfect.
Is it that you're cursed or that you have a comprehension block? Have I told you I campaigned for or voted for or promoted Tinubu and FFK? I have simply implied that your race learn the application of reason and logic. Period.
If your brain cannot get that far perhaps, we should end this discussion here.
So anybody who calls Jonathan to order is a Tinubu/APC sympathiser? Haba, stop disgracing your tribe and, at least, try to justify the resources spent for your education.
And, yes, Jonathan is trying, trying so hard to bankrupt this country while enriching himself and his cronies without giving so much as a damn. I said the same about IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo, you think Jona will be left out because he gives your family one expired bag of rice every christmas? Then you, sir, are a clown of the most pathetic order.

3 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
fresh_dude: Is it that you're cursed or that you don't have a comprehension block? Have I told you I campaigned for or voted for or promoted Tinubu and FFK? I have simply implied that your race learn the application of reason and logic. Period.
If your brain cannot get that far perhaps, we should end this discvussion here.
So anybody who calls Jonathan to order is a Tinubu/APC sympathiser? Haba, stop disgracing your tribe and, at least, try to justify the resources spent for your education.
Maybe ur cursed generation were extinct when ur leaders where ruining dz nation... If ur brain is intact enuf to know that if d cursed leaders ur father supported did the right thing we won't be having ASUU or education problem ryt now.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Eledan: Nigerians have never in history being known to shy away from criticizing their leaders.....Shagari had it rough, Buhari and Idiagbon were not spared, Babangida got loads of bad mouths criticizing ...Abacha was pummeled, abubakar stay very short....OBJ was frustrated, Yardua even in his feeble health was not spared.....in all these, Nobody read tribal meaning nor impugn ethnicity into it.

But when GEJ came, Ibos and Ijaws high on our son mentality turned GEJ presidency into WE vs THEM....and any criticism of GEJ is viewed as collective criticism of Ibos/Ijaws.

Criticizing GEJ as a leader didn't start with GEJ and it won't end with him....as long as we have bad leadership....even when we eventually have a semblance of good leadership...we would still criticize.

Bless you sir. I remember as far back as 2008/2009 when the first rumour about Yar'Adua's demise was being peddledan people jubilated, yeebos too. And then it turned out to be false and people were unhappy.
And during the Turai saga, south-westerners were extremely vocal and said the right thing be done which is install Jona. All of a sudden, we hate Jona because he's not a westerner? Hahahaha.
These Igbo guys are pathetic fucktards. We couldn't care less if he's from Ile-Ife, if he is not up to snuff we're going flail his incompetence ar$e, simple!
So, @Lying19, go to your village meeting and spread the word about what the real issues are. And if you want your son to be loved calling his bumbling brain to order and set him straight. No such thing as unconditional love for public office holders got it?

6 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
fresh_dude: Bless you sir. I remember as far back as 2008/2009 when the first rumour about Yar'Adua's demise was being peddledan people jubilated, yeebos too. And then it turned out to be false and people were unhappy.
And during the Turai saga, south-westerners were extremely vocal and said the right thing be done which is install Jona. All of a sudden, we hate Jona because he's not a westerner? Hahahaha.
These Igbo guys are pathetic fucktards. We couldn't care less if he's from Ile-Ife, if he is not up to snuff we're going flail his incompetence ar$e, simple!
So, @Lying19, go to your village meeting and spread the word about what the real issues are. And if you want your son to be loved calling his bumbling brain to order and set him straight. No such thing as unconditional love for public office holders got it?
Ok,,,sir I wud go spead d word,but don't forget to do same too to ur yeroba's too.
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
lygn19:
Maybe ur cursed generation were extinct when ur leaders where ruining dz nation... If ur brain is intact enuf to know that if d cursed leaders ur father supported did the right thing we won't be having ASUU or education problem ryt now.
Didn't your silly father support Astinkiwe? Did he not fumbled the opportunity he had in truly moulding the destiny of this country? Didn't he choose to go with the north because he thought he could manipulate them? Guess who got fccked in the end, that's right, the Great Stink himself. Look fool, just because your cross-eyed father was unfortunate enough to be Igbo and was led by the likes of Stink and Oju-iku, doesn't mean your brain can't be properly used. But if this is the path you want to tread, you're more than welcome. I dey house!

6 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Fhemmmy: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
I dont think people hates his person, but i think people expected more or better than what he has been doing, cos he is probably one of the most educated president that we had and people thought he would be able to perform better, cos the challenges of the nation is not a big deal to understand, but the wisdom to make things happen is the problem.

So it is not a hate but disappointed in his performance and spending

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
GEJ 2015
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
The best way to deal with the so called haters is to prove them wrong by doing what you were voted to do. Let the common man see changes in his life. Till then...

All Nigerian past leaders were/are failures!
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by cjrane: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
lygn19: The best thing to do, ask for there tribe and religion.
Dats all I ve to say.

Exactly !
It is not truly a hate thing. It is their strategy to try to snatch power through all foul means.
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by tubolancer(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
We do not hate our dear president although we critized him,we did that because we love him,certainly we shall all smile at last.
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
playmode:

U see you are dumb, why? So you think during OBJ's tenure there was no corruption. Now, GEJ is bringing everything to limelight and you are shouting, Nigerians are stupid I swear. A man that is exposing corrupt practises instead of sweeping it under the carpet as usual. Are u trying to tell me corruption is more under GEJ than OBJ. SMH
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Stallion77(f): 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ^^
Useless post, senseless, foolish poster!

i dnt like jonathan, but u are worst!

Try to see beyond ur nose... thinking is a hard task for you so u resort to throwing verbal tantrums cos it doesn't require any effort... Lazy man.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Ikengawo: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
Eledan: Nigerians have never in history being known to shy away from criticizing their leaders.....Shagari had it rough, Buhari and Idiagbon were not spared, Babangida got loads of bad mouths criticizing ...Abacha was pummeled, abubakar stay very short....OBJ was frustrated, Yardua even in his feeble health was not spared.....in all these, Nobody read tribal meaning nor impugn ethnicity into it.

as he tries to show he's not a tribalist he spells Igbo as ibo with impunity. You're a joke.
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by DerideGull(m): 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
It is a case study buried in the philosophy known as Nigeria/Biafra war. There are dumbass junkies who had found themselves in dichotomy of leaders who won the war for Nigeria and followers whose contributions can be calibrated.

Anytime a person from the leaders’ group ascends to the position of Head of State or President of Nigeria, which for some period of time looked natural as well as birth right, he has been given love and favorable press coverage. However, nature of things suddenly changed and outcome of the presidential election did not follow the presumptuous course, hence a drunken fisher man who had no shoes during war is now the president of Nigeria.

It is a blatant idiocy to subscribe to GEJ hatred by particular sections of the country on maladministration. If this intensive hatred of GEJ is only due to maladministration, Nigeria would have been a subject of social studies in third grades in nation states out of disintegrated Nigeria because the country had seen worse cases of maladministration 40 years before GEJ soaked his hands in politics.
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
DerideGull: It is a case study buried in the philosophy known as Nigeria/Biafra war. There are dumbass junkies who had found themselves in dichotomy of leaders who won the war for Nigeria and followers whose contributions can be calibrated.

Anytime a person from the leaders’ group ascends to the position of Head of State or President of Nigeria, which for some period of time looked natural as well as birth right, he has been given love and favorable press coverage. However, nature of things suddenly changed and outcome of the presidential election did not follow the presumptuous course, hence a drunken fisher man who had no shoes during war is now the president of Nigeria.

It is a blatant idiocy to subscribe to GEJ hatred by particular sections of the country on maladministration. If this intensive hatred of GEJ is only due to maladministration, Nigeria would have been a subject of social studies in third grades in nation states out of disintegrated Nigeria because the country had seen worse cases of maladministration 40 years before GEJ soaked his hands in politics.
So
Re: Why So Much Hate For GEJ by Ikengawo: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
The level of criticism that GEJ gets doesn't make sense and is typically personal and hateful. The only reason we know about 'scandals' today is because GEJ passed the FOI bill that holds all government spending and actions accountable. We as people can now see where our money is going and people are now acting like because of this he invented corruption.

Fuel Subsidy scams had been going on since the beginning of the fuel subsidy. Military governments even encouraged it to pay off their allies. GEJ, Okonjo Iweala, and Sanusi come out and say there's a problem in the sector and it's being used to steal money.
Yorubas began attacking all three of them as if they started the scams. Even had a fake egyptian protest. Ribadu came out and said the exact same thing, and Yorubas began asking why GEJ isn't doing anything about it. Ribadu becomes the hero and GEJ the villian.

Northerners created Boko Haram because Fulani's and Kanuris believe themselves to be 'white' and 'superior' and more importantly 'born to rule' Nigeria. They're ok with Yorubas being in power because they control them. They're ok with Hausas and middle belters because of the same thing. But an Igbo or Ijaw is out of their jurisidiction and thus they have vowed to make governance impossible for GEJ. They boom kill and maim, take of names like 'boko haram', say it's for 'islam' to keep the same hausas they're killing quiet and are trying to destroy they country because their 41 year oligarchy is over. Yorubas are now convinced that GEJ is the cause of Boko Haram, and in fact is such an inadequate president that he isn't 'doing enough' to 'stop' Boko Haram and thus the continuation of their acts isn't because of the CPC, ANPP, and Buharis that are ruled by these ethnic groups and made a vow to make GEJ's tenure hell, it's GEJ.

So the issue is this. Nothing new is happening in Nigeria other than the fact that GEJ is making it possible to be a southerner and rule Nigeria. The traditional enemies of this idea have begun trying to destroy everything possible. PDP, Nigeria, etc etc to take this achievement away. GEJ has proven to be the master. He has destroyed his enemies and inundated their names into the cast of pariah and has been. Nigeria is free from Fulani rule and will never fall under it again because we know them now more than ever (except yorubas). I have nothing against yorubas but their naivety and confusion is un rivaled and this is why GEJ gets 'so much criticism'. Hausa are for the most part silent and indifference. Fulanis are fanatically against him, Kanuris are killing everyone, and yorubas are on the internet. Igbos and Ijaw continue to support him because they know what northern rule looks like as should the yorubas.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Goodluck Jonathan Backs Aviation Minister's Purchase Of Two / News Breaking!! Obiano Of Apga Is Not A Worthy Igbo Leader-by Pat Utomi / PDP Governor: Our Party Has Finally Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.