Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (20179 Views)

Poll: Falling under the anointing?? Whats your take

Real: 57% (121 votes)
Hoax (Scam): 26% (57 votes)
Hypnosis: 16% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Falling Down Under Anointing? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under The Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by AKO1(m): 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2008
webguru:

speaking is tongues is vital for building your faith and helps u to pray on things you cld never think of praying on

i also used the excuse that it wasn't compulsory when i didn't speak in tongues.

Get the gift of speaking in tongues. Everyone can get it and must!

Offtopic.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ewealths(m): 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2008
My pastor usually says that the fake exist because there is an original, as far as there is fake falling under the anointing, that means there is the original.

Mr Esss, one question for you, Do want to learn about falling under the anointing or you just want to condemn the whole thing because there are fake ones, I hope you will not be fighting against God, just be mindful, there is freedom of everything on nairaland but God is the judge of all.
Falling under the anointing, learn more about it by doing a Google search on it. I wish you all the best,
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by chessguru(m): 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2008
REAL, But then i[b]t is wrong to just say everything is real or hoax, [/b], some are real some are not. why because every/most real things has a fake
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by nigeria12: 12:32am On Sep 30, 2008
Show me a bible example please.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by A40(m): 2:43am On Sep 30, 2008
I have never fallen under one so i can't say if its real or a hoax but sincerely i think some people just act it out either knowingly or unknowingly
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by bawomolo(m): 3:38am On Sep 30, 2008
My pastor usually says that the fake exist because there is an original, as far as there is fake falling under the anointing, that means there is the original.

your pastor is a victim of circular reasoning.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Nimshi: 5:43am On Sep 30, 2008

bawomolo:

your pastor is a victim of circular reasoning.

A victim indeed.

And a frequent victim, since he usually says it, which tells that he's quite impressed by his own brilliance; you could imagine the faithful shouting "Aaaeeeemen!", "Yeeeesss!" as he repeats this nonsense everytime. It's circles; you burn energy, waste time, and still return to where you started. You could've learnt something on the way, but not if you do the same thing all the time.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by seund1: 7:23am On Sep 30, 2008
Guys You won't beleive this.!
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://.com/pages/index.php?refid=ifystallon
Signup as a member And get paid $100 instantly to your or Paypal.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Larrydee(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2008
the stuff is real o! or do u think those dat fall do so inspite of d embarasment involved?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by IBEXY(m): 8:14am On Sep 30, 2008
seund1:

Guys You won't beleive this.!
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://.com/pages/index.php?refid=ifystallon
Signup as a member And get paid $100 instantly to your  or Paypal.

One fake pastor has joined this yarn! Does he think we will fall for this sort of annointing
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Ovamboland(m): 8:59am On Sep 30, 2008
Falling unde the annointing is very real.You know the Devil is good at faking all things which has patent over.Thats what explains it.There's fake and the are real ones.If u study the Bible well ,you will understand it.Note, you necessarily not fall down
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by mrblackky: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2008
Falling under the annointing is a miracle and a miracle is something that is super-natural, I mean something that cannot be explained or fathomed ordinarily. So, my dear, it is neither hypnosis nor hoax, it is real!! " though there are some that are fake". Falling under the annointing is one of the things that mark the presence of the holy spirit.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by favcom(m): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2008
Hmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Aren't we supposed to stand under the anointing?
What's the falling supposed to mean?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by EDENOFLORA: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2008
wen u love god;u dnt say som tins.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by ztyle(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2008
@poster Anointinq don catch u b4?
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by kokorunna(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2008
I have never come across it in the BIBLE where it stated that people fell under the anointing. Its nowadays that this whole thing started and its becoming really annoying when you see it happening in the churches and on the TV.

GOD is the only one that judge this people and the pastors.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Gbosko: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2008
Esss (m)
Around the corner from Hell.

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis?
« #21 on: July 06, 2008, 12:33 AM »

This is the headline of a Newspaper.

Pastor arrested at airport with device that delivers 12 volts of Jesus into unsuspecting worshippers

Here's the link; http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=247x11016

ROFL! Very funny.
Guy, are you really from around the corner from hell? With that kinda logo, one might even be suspicious that you are from Hell.
When searching for things about The Holy Spirit and the Kingdom of God, spend less time reading those newspaper headlines and dedicate, more time in reading your bible. In the Bible you find several people behaving in different "funny ways" when the Holy Spirit is manifesting through them ( Saul, Paul, Barnabas, Elijah etc) Many Neo Pentecostal Pastors tend to place emphasis on "falling in the spirit" and some even train younger Pastors on how to do it! Let God be the Judge, and let man be the liar. I cant say anymore.

Ess, ARE YOU BORN AGAIN? Or are you exactly from "Around the corner from Hell". In many ways, The Holy Spirit interacts with people who have Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and who are living true to that calling (whether by falling under the anointing, speaking in tongues, inexplicable joy and laughter, sudden surge of super human strength, calmness, etc). However, a forum like this is not the place for exposition on such issues.

Finally, I hope you will remove that hellish logo you attached to your name. Peace.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by blingg: 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2008
@m nwankwo

Falling and similar occurences during religious ceremonies may be hoax or it may be real. However even in cases where it is real, it has nothing to do with the power of GOD. In those real cases, it is hypnotism, suggestion, autosuggestion, altered consciousness due to religious ecstasy or influence of demons/phantons or temporal possession of worshipers by departed human spirits. It is indeed sad that many human beings are suceptible to these nefarious influences even when they believe that they are impervious to it. The reason for this lies in the spiritual poverty of most people. They surrendered their God given free will to another person (many are not conscious of this) and thus are subject to the influences coming from sources independent of themselves. Any human being who have absolute trust in God and lives according to his laws is absolutely impervious to these acrobatics. Indeed any attempt to influence such a true child of God will only lead to tthe destuction of sources trying to generate such influence wheather they are hypnotists, demons, phantons, departed human spirits, witches etc. Every human being is surrounded by an inviincible but impenatrable "canopy". SIN and FEAR can create "holes" in this invincible "canopy" and through this such an individual can be attacked from the outside. Atimes the results of such influences are immediate but in many cases the physical manifestation takes months or even years. If we can live only according to the laws of God, then these acrobatics by pastors, hypnotists, demons, witches, juju etc will cease. Equally the power centers from which these spiritual acrobats draw their "power" will dry up and free some of the acrobats using them while others that do not want to free themselves will be destroyed by the dying power centers. A true child of God can with a simple prayer easily cut off the connections of the hypnotist, anoiting pastors etc such that these spiritual acrobats cannot perform such bizare activities prevalant in hypnotist clinics, crusade grounds, revival meeetings etc. The power of God manifests in beauty, love, justice and harmony, and not in falling to the ground, fuming in the mouth, epileptic sizures and other bizare activities prevalent in religious revivals of today.

WELL SAID BRO!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by bros1234(m): 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2008
For those who dont believe tha one could fall under the power of God, Just dont let me pass near you because you will fall. cool

Bros and Sis, It is real.

Ask God if you can and stop quarelling here
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by agaba123(m): 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2008
Onye bia
Omepe onu . .yata yata yata yata yata.

You think You will understand the holy spirit when u are on top of a woman that is not your wife?

Mbanununu, it will all be a mirage to you cos you will compare speaking in tongue to the shout of Ecstasy during orgasm.

If you want to understand, you have to shed the cloak you have and get closer. You cannot see it from a distance
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by bawomolo(m): 6:37pm On Sep 30, 2008
For those who don't believe tha one could fall under the power of God, Just don't let me pass near you because you will fall.

maybe people are falling down because of your stench and not exactly your "spiritual" energy
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by 2gd: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2008
@ A.K.O
Quote from: webguru on Yesterday at 08:02:44 PM
speaking is tongues is vital for building your faith and helps u to pray on things you cld never think of praying on

i also used the excuse that it wasn't compulsory when i didn't speak in tongues.

Get the gift of speaking in tongues. Everyone can get it and must!

Offtopic.

Someone actually asked a question( on page 2 i think)about speaking in tongues and webguru was trying to answer.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by petres007(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2008
Esss, I think it feels good running into people who're asking questions. But you also said you're an atheist and not a christian. I also appreciate that as you didn't claim to be something you're not. Anyway, here's my response to your post:

First, I really do have much to say but'll try my best to keep it as short as possible. Now one of the clearest instructions laid down by the apostles in the bible is this: Test everything. Hold on to the good. -- 1 Thess 5:19-22

Now the yardstick for "testing" anything is the bible - and by that I mean correctly interpreted (cos most of these men of gawd are experts at twisting scriptures to suit their schemes). And truly, like Esss has said, there is NOT A SINGLE PLACE IN THE BIBLE WHERE ANYONE "FELL UNDER THE POWER"OR WAS "SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT"! Not once throughout the scriptures!

As if that is not enough, there is also nothing that even resembles an instruction given by the apostles about it either. And the proper rule of thumb/acid test for correct christian belief/practice is this - if there are no clear examples or instruction for something, then it is not valid. No matter who tells you otherwise or how long its been practiced.

Its sad that many so called christians just swallow everything their men of gawd and churches throw at them without the slightest effort to discern. In their frantic chase after signs and wonders they forget that the bible does predict that in the end times, the #1 sign is not earthquakes or disasters or even the antichrist, but deception/a falling away/the love of many waxing cold (you can look up scriptures like matthew 24:4, 2 Thess 2:3)

Having established that it is not scriptural that God in any way makes people fall under the power, who/what then do you think is behind it? smiley

Its either some form of hynotism, suggestion/auto suggestion or,
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by babakuns: 11:28am On Oct 01, 2008
remember saul(paul in the new testament) on his way to Damascus he was melt with the lord jesus christ,he was blindfolded and fallen and was directed to see a minister to pray for him, we can see that it may happen that during deliverance there may be a situation of falling,but not all deliverance, you may fall if evil spirit has possesed u b/4 anoiting comes to you if this evil spirit would have to leave you since that 2 forces are in operation and are both struggle over you so there may be a reason for shaken up your whole body which may initiate your falling, but on the other hand falling is not neccessary under anoiting if these two forces(HOLY &evil) are not struggled over a soul
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by petres007(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2008
Huh, @babakuns

Can you (or anybody else) please show me any one christian who "fell under the power" apart from Paul (who by the way, "fell" at the point of conversion and not after becoming a believer in Christ).

See guys, Paul's so-called "falling" was like I've mentioned, at the point of conversion. If you haven't read the story for yourself, he was on his way to Damascus to continue his crusade against believers when the Lord appeared to him  - he was "struck down" by the intensity of the light (and the suddenness) that shone around him. And all of a sudden, this guy who was breathing out fire and brimstone against followers of Christ was addressing this "Christ" whom he thought was false, as LORD! Paul's case was an exception (or how many other believers did you see get saved like that?)! He wasn't even knocked unconscious by the event and didn't have any current flowing through him like we see in our so-called churches today.

I also want to ask you: except at the point of conversion, can you please show me anywhere in the entire new testament (or the Bible for that matter) where "deliverance" was conducted for a CHRISTIAN - a believer in Christ. Anywhere a demon/or demons was/were cast out of a christian

See guys, we've not been reading our bibles. [/b]And no apologies but, these things are not subject to out different opinions or beliefs.

I really believe [b]most people do not even know who the christian is, or what it means to be a christian
. They only think they do. And if they really did, we won't saying all these crappy things we're saying now and asking unnecessary questions.

We really need to dust our bibles before its too late!!!  embarassed

P.S. Just for the records, I know it happens in real life where you have people acting funny and the explanation you just gave about good and evil struggling over a person's soul is what is used to explain it. But to tell you the truth, God doesn't "struggle" with any kind of evil over anybody's soul for anything - when he shows up, they leave. You can also try and find out any example or teaching in the scriptures that says otherwise. I'm waiting!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by petres007(m): 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2008
Just wanted to add that this falling thing (and other issues like it of course) is not about ther being a fake or original!

I'm telling you its completely alien to the Bible!!! undecided
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by abbeyboy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2008
This is a rather sensitive issue for christians. What i have discovered is that you don't need laying of hands before you fall under the anointing. The only time i fell under the anointing was in Secondary school, while we were holding a fellowship. We held hands and were praying the a gentle breeze started to blow, and before you knew it, i felt myself lifted from the floor, gently though. I tried to force myself to remain standing, but the next thing i knew was i was lifted then i fell. This happened in 1994,95.So, i believe it's real but it has been abused and exploited by christians today.

And @ 2gd, praying in tongues doesn't make you any better. When you pray, pray with understanding and direction from the Holy Spirit, it's only by doing this that makes you grow.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by bodsibobo(m): 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2008
Falling under the annointing is real, whether it's in the bible or not. It all depends on what you feel and what you expect from God. Haven't you guys seen people cry, scream, slump etc when watching live show of Michael Jackson in those days? (that was when Michael still used to be Michael anyway).

I hate it when people do not want to agree to a christian practice and start to ask "where is it written in the Bible?"

It was never recorded in the Bible that Jesus had a bath or that He went to toilet to pooo! But yet, we all know He must have poooed and weeeed and had His bath. Must everything be in the Bible before you use your sense to know what is right or wrong? Does that mean bathing or poooing is wrong 'because it is not written in the Bible?

Haba!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by nigeria12: 8:38am On Oct 02, 2008
My people plenty arm robber now call themself pastor, may God save us O.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by bintab(f): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2008
Unbelief they said can leads to destruction.You guys should stop being thomas who demanded for proof.take heed or Satan will take advantage of you.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by owo2000: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2008
The manifestation of God is not in the falling down of anyone. The Divinity and Holiness and God via the Holy Ghost cant be denied. [i]John 18:6 And he said i am he, "they all fell backward to the ground!"

This is not a rule.  Those jokers that fell down were not filled with the Holy Spirit. Don't get me wrong, i have seen and experienced the expression of Gods anointing in my life and ministry.If you are a minister of the gospel be careful. And for all of us we must stop searching for an experience, a sensation or a feeling.

Instead lets renew our minds and move to the level of that Kingdom excellence and towards the full application of the gospel and ministry of Christ. Lets improve our nation, discourage corruption, bribery and nepotism through the power of the anointing. Stop falling down, none fell on the day of Pentecost. All being said, the Spirit of God holds the final authority on these matters.

We have a supernatural force that operates for us especially in a place like Nigeria. You don't need a mechanical stimulation by hand to move the Holy Ghost i.e making folks fall under the anointing.

The Lord Jesus Himself is called the Anointed one and his Anointing. Stop all these sensationalism and drama and lets get to the real demonstration of Gods delivering power by being a real disciple that can effect change in our society.

Lets increase our word level, our love level and and above all lets walk with God.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by FKseun(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2008
ESSS wrote:

In all my years of attending church, this "falling under the anointing" thing has always amazed me.

First of all, I have never fallen under no anointing.
Then there are this group of people who fall under the anointing every time the pastor moves, blinks or even farts.
I know of a man who got badly hurt after falling under the anointing from a very bad height.

I have come across documentaries and publications which have attributed this falling thing to hypnosis.

Hence my question, what is your take on this falling under the anointing stuff.
=======================
My reply:
It's not all about the falling. It's about spiritual submission. Once your spirit submits/acknowledges the presence of a stronger spirit, it will succumb! I guess you watch TV. Have you ever questioned why fans fall when they are touch or they touch a superstar? Fans go crazy and fall for Michael Jackson. What do you say to that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Worshippers In Osun During Church Service / Bishop Slumps, Dies On Way To Israel / Some Have Food But Cannot Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.