Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? (14698 Views)

Teething In Children, What You Should Know ..... / Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children / Against Your Will,tribal Mark On The Faces Of Children. What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by ifebosco: 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fabulousuzo: You need to accept Jesus christ as your personal lord and saviour. Thats the greatest achievement any human can attain on earth. What shall it profit a man, when he/she gains the whole world and lose his or her soul
please come and give me your money to keep for you ,since What shall it profit a man, when he/she gains the whole world and lose his or her soul, i want to lose my soul ,so you don´t need money give it to me.gullible people distorting the peoples minds from the reality,back to the op.
please try in your comunity to set up a volunteering work to help the needy.

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
anselm791: Funny how I'm the negative one and somehow you just quoted all my 'negative' comments and left the positive ones out. Lol. Anyway I checked myself and again don't mean any harm. Now to answer your last paragragh, which again makes more sense(pls take that as a compliment), the op just reminds me of the good rich man in the bible who asked Jesus, 'what else can I do?' And Jesus replied, 'sell all you have and give to the poor'. And that was my reply also, 'help someone else get these things, then you've really lived'

sorry if i missed your "positive" msg about the OP, but pls do show me where you wrote anything positive about him?
and if you expect him to help others attain what he has, then AT LEAST congratulate him on what he has attain (which you wish on others).

as for your bible quote, here is one for you:Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

so, AGAIN, you guys should rejoice for the OP and what he has, instead of bringing some very weak points to this thread.

2 Likes

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by chaplin4u: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tpave: After education, house, car and children. Is there any other achievement that one needs to be called a successful man. I believe that fame and power is an extra achievement. Pls let us discuss about it.

True happiness is when you discover His and the very essence of existence. Moreover, it us equally profitable to make positive impacts in the lives of others.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
POWER.

but the problem with it is that it intoxicates the mind.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by bandol(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
Before I answer your question, upload here †ђξ pix of your house and car or †ђξ descriptions. Becus house pass house. Mold block house no dey same level with cement block house. One bed room apartment no dey dey same level with 3 bedroom bungalow flat with master bedroom.

tongue
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Whitecoal711: 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
kissanother wife house and kid
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Mollydee88: 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
You need a sustainable source of income to maintain your blessings.
You need to share with as many that look up to you.
You need to invest in the minds and abilities of others.
And above all, You will have to submit yourself as a tool in God's perfect hands, whilst having accepted Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour.,

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by ifebosco: 4:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

sorry if i missed your "positive" msg about the OP, but pls do show me where you wrote anything positive about him?
and if you expect him to help others attain what he has, then AT LEAST congratulate him on what he has attain (which you wish on others).

as for your bible quote, here is one for you:Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

so, AGAIN, you guys should rejoice for the OP and what he has, instead of bringing some very weak points to this thread.
why are you misleading the already ignorant people of this nation about bible?that book is a story tale,"In comments that may shock some staunch Catholic christians, Cardinal George Pell has described the biblical story of Adam and Eve as a myth"source http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/13381016/,please open your eyes,stop living in delusion of grandeur
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by UltimateJoseph: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
My broda, U av 2 give bak 2 d society again witht bad ulterior motives. Second is accepting Jesus chrisat as ur PERSONAL lord and saviour
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

sista TPIA
i find your post quite sad and at the same time, the reason why so many like yourself are failing in life.
but hey, here is a clue: i doubt your Bible tells you that having a JET/JEWELRY/SKYCRAPERS is what you should attain in life.

what the OP described is the WEALTH of life: a home you can call your own, a loving family, loving and smart children, a fulfilling job that you are passionate about. all the rest is just extras, and probably the reason why so many will remain poor in their lives (while dreaming of BS riches).

so many dont even have a bike yet want jets, so many dont even have friends/girlfriends, yet want a loving wife. so many are immature yet want happy children. so many dont have a job yet dream of mansions and skycrapers. bwaaaah!

if having a jet/jewelry/skycrapers is your idea of happiness in life, then no wonder you are the bitter woman that you portray on NL.

Alaye o ka jo.. Guy,we live for different things in life.
But thankfully,I would applaud u for making sense without the normal Jesus this Jesus that.

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
U gotta grow that wealth now,let it grow bountifully.... travel round the world,meet some beautiful people and dont be an ignoramus
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Ijobaorun(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fabulousuzo: You need to accept Jesus christ as your personal lord and saviour. Thats the greatest achievement any human can attain on earth. What shall it profit a man, when he/she gains the whole world and lose his or her soul
Its also very important to live an inpactful life in CHRIST! Reach out to ur world in ur own little way.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by biilwwu(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jesus
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by ifebosco: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
sanniemoe: U gotta grow that wealth now,let it grow bountifully.... travel round the world,meet some beautiful people and dont be an ignoramus
i have been to more than 20countries in the world,but my father in the village has more comun sence than me.try next time
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by donMIG(m): 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Heaven I tell u....wat more can I ask for
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Lamasta(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
You have just started the Journey of your life, the next thing to have is a relationship with God that requires no material thing except your conscience and Heart together with Your Family
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by anselm791(m): 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

You fail to understand that the OP didn't come to NL for congratulatory comments but for opinions and ideas. This isn't a fight and not yours even if it was. Isn't it a wonder he hasn't said a word to you? See I like you cause you're smart, I probably shouldn't have quoted you but I'm glad I did. Its true we are what we are, but you can't change us by naming our sins to our faces, it has never worked. Now I only hope you don't tear me down for this, but smile and let it go. Lol

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by HUGES: 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tpave: After education, house, car and children. Is there any other achievement that one needs to be called a successful man. I believe that fame and power is an extra achievement. Pls let us discuss about it.
Yes boss there is something u sure need, and it called PURPOSE. In fact dat shld hav been at d top of ur scale not now (though its not too late).
Find it, fufill it and u are good to go, dat way u make ur maker proud of u.
Life is more than wife, children and job, it is mostly about DESTINY

2 Likes

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Datshyguy(m): 5:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
Be an employer of labour
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY: see all them jealous hypocrites talking about jesus this and Jesus that......NONSENSE!!!!
if anyone has all what the OP described then JESUS gave it to him, and no one else. therefore he is living a righteous life and dont need any jealous hypocrites to try to look down on him.............simply because someone has achieved what ALL OF YOU are aiming for in life.

lets be realistic here, what the Op has mentioned is what 99.99% of Nigerians are hoping to attain in their miserable lives. this is what they pray for every sunday in church, at mosques or at whatever shrine you guys bow to.

this is the nature of the Nigerian man, not one of you wrote:"WELL DONE MAN, YOU HAVE MADE IT IN LIFE, ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE AND STAY BLESSED!!!"

@OP
i am very sorry for the what most of these hypocrites wrote, you see, it pains the majority of them to even THINK that someone has it "all", while they live a miserable life trying to make it, and see no end in sight.

my advice to you is continue what you have been doing (it seems to be right), find something you are passionate about, and immerse yourself in it. instill in your children a righteous way of life, enjoy everyday as it was the last, and show your family how much you love them each and everyday.
i couldnt have said it better:
1 zillion likes!
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
anselm791:

You fail to understand that the OP didn't come to NL for congratulatory comments but for opinions and ideas. This isn't a fight and not yours even if it was. Isn't it a wonder he hasn't said a word to you? See I like you cause you're smart, I probably shouldn't have quoted you but I'm glad I did. Its true we are what we are, but you can't change us by naming our sins to our faces, it has never worked. Now I only hope you don't tear me down for this, but smile and let it go. Lol

here is a post from the OP (about accepting Jesus) that most of y'all have chosen to ignore:

Tpave: my brother that is the first and major achievement. Thanks.

****MBJ bows down****

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
anselm791:

With all due respect, this comment above is 80% bullsht, and imma break it F down. First of all, you have to know someone to be jealous of them, you don't see me having sleepless night cause of dangote, I don't know the bstrd. Secondly how naïve could you be to think Jesus alone gives all that? Maybe you should look around and see who the rich fcuks really worship. Thirdly I don't know where you got your statistic from? But more than half nigerians already have these and want more. I mean how else can you explain the hold ups and population growth. Finally I've gotta admit your last paragraph makes sense. As for the op, what I think you need now, have already being mentioned earlier on this post. Apologies if I've offended anyone. Peace.
this is more reasonable that the trash u posted ab intio.
U sadist
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by festusb: 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
What contribution have you made to the live of others
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by yemosworld(m): 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Material tins amount to vanity. Try to know God and touch d lives of the downtrodden.this is what gives true fulfilment.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by henryadex(m): 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
Remember the life of a man does not depend on the abundance of what he possess. You must lose your life 1st before you can gain it back
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
bandol: Before I answer your question, upload here †ђξ pix of your house and car or †ђξ descriptions. Becus house pass house. Mold block house no dey same level with cement block house. One bed room apartment no dey dey same level with 3 bedroom bungalow flat with master bedroom.

tongue

you have problem with comprehension. Show me where the op said he has all those, pls show me.
He was just asking a question and you holier-than-thou jealous minded hypocrites attacked him, this attitude will impede ur success in life.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by tpia5: 5:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
olas2u: Just look at what you term success in Life.

Amazing right.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Justeenaleo(f): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
LIFE
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by Chomzy19(f): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
cluewebhost: Education, house, car, children... Really?
what re u yapping about? Re u saying that these ones re not achievements? Hw many of the listed abive hv u succeded i doing? Mtcheeew pls If u hv nuffin to contribute just keep mute biko

@op if u hv succeded in trainin up ur children in a morally upright manner to become responsible n law abiding citizens; then u hv really succeded where 60% of nig parents hv failed n dt is a gr8 achievment. It is now time to give back to d society, nt just money but ur wisdom n knowlegde abt d way d world works, make sure u also do smthing for ur country b4 u die.
If ur kids on d other hand are still small, then u still hv a long way to go, a person can only term his children as his success wen he hs succeded in training d person to be an upright, responsible n useful citizen, d father of a 419er hs no right to call himself a successful father cos he faild in dt department

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by tinydev56: 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
You need peace still..

1 Like

Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by tpia5: 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
Brownjay

You are the one fighting everybody here over the op's post, so i'd say YOU are the jealous one.

I'm actually a bit surprised all it takes to wow you is a house and car, you usually present yourself as rolling with the big boys.
Re: After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? by specco(m): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2013

Human wants are insatiable. After all those, what about being a LGA chairman, senator, governor, minister or even the president? ...remember the hierarchy of needs? SELF ACTUALISATION. Yes self actualisation. Remember Abiola, Ifeanyi Uba(capital oil chief), Rochas Okorocha, Orji uzur kalu, these are successful men in their chosen fields but self actualisation beckoned on them to move a notch higher. You may be a happy/contented man if you can resist this last human need because in the pursuit of it you MAY be left worse of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" / Why Marriages Don’t Work: The Change Factor / Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.