Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Y Are So Many Old Christians Still Babies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Y Are So Many Old Christians Still Babies? (434 Views)

If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? / Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? / This is the reason why some Christians Still Fornicate And Even Masturbate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Y Are So Many Old Christians Still Babies? by sidespin: 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
Y SO MANY OLD CHRISTIANS ARE STILL BABIES

Once my wife and I stayed in a certain couple's home while attending a convention. The woman had been in our church before she had married. They asked us to pray for their baby boy, just a few months old, who had a rupture. The doctors wanted to operate on him.

We cursed the rupture and commanded it to wither and die. In a matter of a few days, it had disappeared completely and the baby never had to have the operation. The baby's mother said, "Brother Hagin, I don't mean to be critical, but in our church it seems that we younger people are the only ones who have any faith for healing. I didn't know who to ask to pray for the baby before you came, because no one ever gets healed here."

We ought to grow stronger in faith the older we get, but too often we don't. In her church, as in so many, most of the people were saved when they were younger, and God permitted others to pray for them then. But because of a lack of right teaching, they remained in that babyhood stage of Christian development. They said, "We used to get healed when we were first Christians, but now we don't."

It would make just as much sense for you never to have any clothes of your own—always depending on wearing somebody else's clothes—as it would for you never to exercise your own faith or do your own praying, always depending on somebody else's prayers. What happens to people who never attempt to exercise any faith of their own, but always rely on other people's faith? (Kenneth E. Hagin)

(1) (Reply)

A Story About A Pilot And A Rat / Do You Hug Or Shake First-timers In Church? / If You Know It Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.