Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Hancock Was Da Bombs - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hancock Was Da Bombs (1008 Views)

Da Vinci's Demons Series (from the producers of Spartacus ) / "Oun Oko So Mi Da" By Shola Shobowale / Hancock Vs Incredible Hawk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hancock Was Da Bombs by xheggs(m): 12:56am On Jul 05, 2008
I saw Hancock @ the galleria yeterday,
I enjoyed it. it was really fun & action packed.
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Gamine(f): 1:20am On Jul 05, 2008
Segun are you sure?

i no go spend 1500 for nothing o! cheesy
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by SeanT21(f): 3:47am On Jul 05, 2008
I am gonna see it. Will Smith never cease to make me proud.
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Emma4dfuture(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2008
That's what he's created for:Comedy!
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Sisikill: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2008
You are right, Hancock was the BOMB. . . as in the movie SUCKED!!!

I love Will Smith but this movie was Te.ri.ble!!! A Mess.

Had no identity. . . Comedy? Drama? Action? 

It was all over the place, no coherent story line and it lacked subtlety.

The First half was funny and then it took a nosedive afterwards.

The only good thing it had going for it was Jason Bateman's Ray Embery. (okay, maybe I'm a little biased. I love Jason Bateman, watch Arrested Development to see what I'm taking about).

Cherlize Theron . . . God, I was embarrassed for her. I hope she got paid big time so we can say she did this just for the money.

Editting was godawful.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give Hancock 4 1/2 (2 points because the Premise was good but wasn't executed very well and 2 1/2 for Jason Bateman)

If you have nothing else to do, say you get bored watching the faucet drip or of your dog chasing its own tail. . . I recommend Hancock.
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by iice(f): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2008
rofl sisikill.
I wouldn't call it a mess. It has it's charm aside from the cast.
True the first part was good then it started going downhill.
Then it took a turn and i was thinking, ok i can work with this and then --- zip ---
The bloody explanation is what even killed it more. Hello?
That was a big problem for me with the movie.
I would say am happy they didn't overdo the CGI coz am getting tired of watching all these movies where half of the movie is in CGI

BTW abeg wetin be that creature thing in the tornado scene?
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by pein(m): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2008
worst summer movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
had a good premise for the first hour but then went downhill and im like WTF?!!!!!!!!!!,the villian(if any) is soooooooo underdeveloped and the end is just shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Raymond88(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2008
pein:

had a good premise for the first hour but then went downhill and im like WTF?!!!!!!!!!!,the villian(if any) is soooooooo underdeveloped and the end is just shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? I was going to see it, guess not!
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2008
pein:

oh no was going to see it but will have to see a lots of rivie now before
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Pataki: 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2008
pein:

WOW! I have not seen the movie, was thinking of watching it though. I guess I might not have to now. sad sad
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Cayon(f): 12:31am On Jul 07, 2008
Ooops. Didn't see this thread. Yes, Hancock was awesome

Moderator, please delete my thread
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by SeanT21(f): 4:29am On Jul 07, 2008
Cayon:

Ooops. Didn't see this thread. Yes, Hancock was awesome

Moderator, please delete my thread

I will have to take ya word on this.
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by texazzpete(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2008
Hancock got 36% on rottentomatoes.com

As many reviewers noted, it just wasn't that funny.

Andmany of them noted that people would like it just because it had Will Smith in it. . .you know, those people that thought Wild Wild West was a great movie.

Still will watch it though.
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Sisikill: 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2008
iice:

rofl sisikill.
I wouldn't call it a mess. It has it's charm aside from the cast.
True the first part was good then it started going downhill.
Then it took a turn and i was thinking, ok i can work with this and then --- zip ---
The bloody explanation is what even killed it more. Hello?
That was a big problem for me with the movie.
I would say am happy they didn't overdo the CGI because am getting tired of watching all these movies where half of the movie is in CGI

BTW abeg wetin be that creature thing in the tornado scene?

The BLOODY explanation is right. 3000yrs his and hers superheros? Seriously?

I swear if they were doing a spoof of superhero movies, it will make sense.

You are smarter than I am oh. . . the only thing you didn't understand in the stupid movie is the creature in the tornado. I didn't even understand how we got to the freaking scene. Okay, Okay to be fair, I missed that scene because I wasn't paying attention anymore, I was to busy sending a mass text to my friends telling them how much they owe me for sparing them the agony of sitting through a crappy movie. I suggested they give me the money but I still haven't heard back.
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Sisikill: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2008
pein:

had a good premise for the first hour but then went downhill and im like WTF?!!!!!!!!!!,t[b]he villian(if any) is soooooooo underdeveloped and the end is just shit!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

ALL the characters were underdeveloped. This is the kinda movie you'll expect from a 5th rate film student. Not people with a dozen blockbuster under their belts.

Gah!
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by iice(f): 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2008
Oh lawd!! grin grin grin
You gon' kill me one day @ sisikill grin grin grin
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2008
Wow you guys have spoilt the whole thrill tongue, was thinking of watching it, I'd better stick to watching WANTED when I have the time. tongue
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Gamine(f): 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
cry cry undecided

Will looks like me brother i go still watch!! cry
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Cayon(f): 1:13am On Jul 08, 2008
Folks, go see the move. it worth every penny outta you pocket. Plus go support a breathen
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by spikedcylinder: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2008
Saw the movie last friday. I liked it but i felt the storyline and some of the characters were a bit mediocre and underdeveloped. undecided
And yes sisikill, i didnt bloody know how they got to the tornado scene! I guess they were trying to tell us how or why Charlize was stronger than Will. undecided
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by texazzpete(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I guess they were trying to tell us how or why Charlize was stronger than Will. undecided

It's pretty crappy for you to post spoilers for people who haven't seen that movie. NEVER reveal plot twists in a review.
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by Gamine(f): 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2008
Texazz, its pretty crappy telling others what to do, esp when they dont work for you!
Re: Hancock Was Da Bombs by texazzpete(m): 9:04am On Jul 09, 2008
Gamine, i will beat you o!

I will go on wikipedia and post spoilers to every movie o!

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Language Version Of "coming To America.": Acted By Eddie Murphy! / African Premiere Of The Invocation At 2nd Eko International Film Festival / Win Daily On NTA - Kalex Leaders' Yard Digital Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.