Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,363 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:10 PM

Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) (25664 Views)

Princess Adeola-Ogunwusi In Nigeria For Her Fathers Wedding / Princess Adeola, Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Princess Adeola Ogunwusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by somegirl1: 1:57am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil: A Somali woman with a Korean is something i have never seen before. I am sure she will regret it once she realizes that her children's culture will not be the same as her forefathers. Eradicating your culture through intermarriage is a form of self hate in my opinion. But I can see how some who find the appeal of being different (who have low self worth) are naturally immune from the natural biological need to spread not only your culture but your blood line. I have seen a few Somalis who married non Somalis, and many of them regret it, and many have divorced. Despite that, I am always skeptical when a woman marries a man who is different from her (as usually it's for money or their idealistic). Marriage as it is, is very hard to maintain with half of marriages ending in divorce in some parts of the world, but to take the additional risk of getting married to a non somali, and having a non somali child, and then returning to your parents in the hopes you will another somali man to take you and your half breed is something worth noting. I am a proud Somali, and will always stay within my culture and marry a Somali man. The idea of having a child who looks different than me staring at me and a husband who doesn't know my language is creepy. Plus Somali men are much more attractive and braver than any korean or asians I have ever met as Asians are very mild mannered and all look like clones of each other. If my predictions are correct this guy had a lot of money and the girl is doing it for the money.

-just my two cents.

Same as somalians. You all look exactly the same.

1 Like

Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 19, 2013
some-girl:

*Somalis

I beg to differ, but you're free to the thought.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by RoyalPearl(f): 2:11am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil: A Somali woman with a Korean is something i have never seen before. I am sure she will regret it once she realizes that her children's culture will not be the same as her forefathers. Eradicating your culture through intermarriage is a form of self hate in my opinion. But I can see how some who find the appeal of being different (who have low self worth) are naturally immune from the natural biological need to spread not only your culture but your blood line. I have seen a few Somalis who married non Somalis, and many of them regret it, and many have divorced. Despite that, I am always skeptical when a woman marries a man who is different from her (as usually it's for money or their idealistic). Marriage as it is, is very hard to maintain with half of marriages ending in divorce in some parts of the world, but to take the additional risk of getting married to a non somali, and having a non somali child, and then returning to your parents in the hopes you will another somali man to take you and your half breed is something worth noting. I am a proud Somali, and will always stay within my culture and marry a Somali man. The idea of having a child who looks different than me staring at me and a husband who doesn't know my language is creepy. Plus Somali men are much more attractive and braver than any korean or asians I have ever met as Asians are very mild mannered and all look like clones of each other. If my predictions are correct this guy had a lot of money and the girl is doing it for the money.

-just my two cents.
The troll is back. I should have know it was you. Why do you care so much about who someone you have never met marries. Some people do not go out looking to marry a different race/nationality but it can happen and they fell in-love. In life some marriages work and some don't, even amongst people of same nationality. Just because you won't do it, does not mean others won't. You can see from pictures that they love each other.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by onila(f): 2:15am On Oct 19, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
The troll is back. I should have know it was you. Why do you care so much about who someone you have never met marries. Some people do not go out looking to marry a different race/nationality but it can happen and they fell in-love. In life some marriages work and some don't, even amongst people of same nationality. Just because you won't do it, does not mean others won't. You can see from pictures that they love each other.
grin grin
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by RoyalPearl(f): 2:17am On Oct 19, 2013
onila: grin grin
This guy is something else lol
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 19, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:

I guessed just as much(that it is Aj speaking), but it really is a huge deal in our culture. That's changing just a bit nowadays as you can see but it's still kind of unthinkable. Many people feel the same way he does, men and women alike, and although it seems (to you) so odd for him to care so much about what a stranger does and whom she marries, the fact that she is Somali makes her not so much a stranger in his eyes. We are a people, a unit if you will.

My attempt to explain a foriegn view.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by RoyalPearl(f): 2:34am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I guessed just as much(that it is Aj speaking), but it really is a huge deal in our culture. That's changing just a bit nowadays as you can see but it's still kind of unthinkable. Many people feel the same way he does, men and women alike, and although it seems (to you) so odd for him to care so much about what a stranger does and whom she marries, the fact that she is Somali makes her not so much a stranger in his eyes. We are a people, a unit if you will.

I understand very well and where he is coming from, it's like that even with us but as you can see she seems "Westernised" and open minded and for him to just say she will regret it and it won't work and she is prob doing it cos the guy has a lot of money etc is silly imo since he does not know them
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 19, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
I understand very well and where he is coming from, it's like that even with us but as you can see she seems "Westernised" and open minded and for him to just say she will regret it and it won't work and she is prob doing it cos the guy has a lot of money etc is silly imo since he does not know them

I agree that it's silly of him to assume a terrible demise for their marriage or to guess at her intentions in marrying him. And as you said, most people aren't looking to fall in love or marry out. It happens and it's out of our hands I.e fate. I don't have a strong opinion on this, just trying to explain the inexplicable lol smiley

1 Like

Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by eziza: 4:07am On Oct 19, 2013
some-girl:

True.

1 Like

Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 19, 2013
eziza:

True.

lmao screw you
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by eziza: 4:59am On Oct 19, 2013
^Not my fault I can tell Yordanos from Asmeret but always call Fatima, Aisha.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 19, 2013
eziza: ^Not my fault I can tell Yordanos from Asmeret but always call Fatima, Aisha.

That argument is moot. Those are Ethiopian names. You realize Ethiopia has almost 80 different ethnic groups within, whereas a Somali is, well, a Somali! And despite that, I don't think we're all that alike. Sometimes certain clans will settle in one area in the diaspora, and I think that's why people think we all look alike but in reality you're seeing one face. I am a Somali from Djibouti and being so I know there are clear and distinct looks within the Somali ethnicity, but hey you can call me liar. I look completely different to the bride pictured here and not in bad way.

Btw, didn't mean the "screw you" earlier. grin
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 5:22am On Oct 19, 2013
some-girl:

It's Somali. Yes we do look alike, but you can tell an ethiopian from a Somali, but I cant tell a chinese from a japanese, philipino, korean, vietnamese, thai, etc.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 5:23am On Oct 19, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:

Am i being confused for someone else?
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 5:25am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I think you are confusing me for someone else. None the less any somali girl is my sister and any somali man is like my brother.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil:

I think you are confusing me for someone else. None the less any somali girl is my sister and any somali man is like my brother.

There is this troll you reminded me of. I hate to pass judgement so quickly, but hey we shall see soon enough. If you are not, I would apologize.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 5:34am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

There is this troll you reminded me of. I hate to pass judgement so quickly, but hey we shall see soon enough. If you are not, I would apologize.

Whatever.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil:

Whatever.

"OMG like totally!" cool
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 6:04am On Oct 19, 2013
Why was this topic even started, what was the point of discussing this?
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil: Why was this topic even started, what was the point of discussing this?

Really not a big deal. The poster sometimes starts wedding threads. This was just one of many.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 6:15am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Really not a big deal. The poster sometimes starts wedding threads. This was just one of many.

I doubt that girl would approve of her picture being placed and speculated upon on such a site as this. But then again why anyone would want to post pictures of a wedding they are not participating in is beyond me. That said, I strongly encourage you to put these people in their place when they talk about Somalis, but then again you are 'somali light' seeing as though you are from Djibouti. A real Somali would have put them in their place. Sadly I see I have to do this.

This thread should be closed. This girl is not an animal to be examined by the likes of Nigerians.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil:

I doubt that girl would approve of her picture being placed and speculated upon on such a site as this. But then again why anyone would want to post pictures of a wedding they are not participating in is beyond me. That said, I strongly encourage you to put these people in their place when they talk about Somalis, but then again you said you were from Djibouti also known as Somali light.

Im new here myself. I dont know how it works but as I understand it these are pictures readily accessible on the web. What is this " place" you speak of? They have the freedom to talk about whatever they please. This is their FORUM afterall.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil:

I doubt that girl would approve of her picture being placed and speculated upon on such a site as this. But then again why anyone would want to post pictures of a wedding they are not participating in is beyond me. That said, I strongly encourage you to put these people in their place when they talk about Somalis, but then again you are 'somali light' seeing as though you are from Djibouti. A real Somali would have put them in their place. Sadly I see I have to do this.

This thread should be closed. This girl is not an animal to be examined by the likes of Nigerians.

LMAO Wtf is Somali light? If you have something against Nigerians, you are free to leave AJ. It's that simple.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 6:28am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Im new here myself. I dont know how it works but as I understand it these are pictures readily accessible on the web. What is this " place" you speak of? They have the freedom to talk about whatever they please. This is their FORUM!

You should attempt to bring dignity to your people when one of our kind is being discussed on here like a piece of meat. These pictures were not released so they could be discussed by Adoons. Am so disappointed.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 6:29am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

LMAO Wtf is Somali light? If you have something against Nigerians, you are free to leave AJ.

I dont know who AJ is. 'Somali light' is a watered down version of a real somali. This is how you appear to me, when one of your people is being discussed and you did nothing to respond.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil:

I dont know who AJ is. 'Somali light' is a watered down version of a real somali. This is how you appear to me, when one of your people is being discussed and you did nothing to respond.

Watered down, my a.s.s. And if they discuss some wedding. So what? They are free to discuss whatever.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil:

You should attempt to bring dignity to your people when one of our kind is being discussed on here like a piece of meat. These pictures were not released so they could be discussed by Adoons. Am so disappointed.

I too am disappointed in you, as you should be AJ. Shame on you. Where in the thread did you find her dignity to have suffered?
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 6:35am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Watered down, my a.s.s. And if they discuss some wedding. So what? They are free to discuss whatever.
I have been watching this site and their discussion about Somalida for some time now. Try to represent and difac your people.
This conversation is over. Carry on watching as they discuss your somali sister. Wouldnt expect anything differently from reer Djibouti.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 6:37am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I too am disappointed in you, as you should be AJ. Shame on you. Where in the thread did you find her dignity to have suffered?

Who is this AJ? I have seen many threads on this site where Somalida were being discussed. You have chosen to befriend these adoons. Reer Djibouti will never seek to amaze me.
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil:
I have been watching this site and their discussion about Somalida for some time now. Try to represent and difac your people.
This conversation is over. Carry on watching as they discuss your somali sister. Wouldnt expect anything differently from reer Djibouti.

Hmm, ill bet you know exactly what's been going on with your trolling self. Reer Djibouti ma adaa wax ka sheegi kartid, get real!
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 19, 2013
istahil:

Who is this AJ? I have seen many threads on this site where Somalida were being discussed. You have chosen to befriend these adoons. Reer Djibouti will never seek to amaze me.

Ill bet we do amaze you, we are what you should aspire to afterall. Talk about Glass Houses! If you've been watching like you say you have, then you should know exactly who AJ is. You are the adoon here. The adoon to a warped mentality. End of!
Re: Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) by istahil(f): 6:47am On Oct 19, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Hmm, ill bet you know exactly what's been going on with your trolling self. Reer Djibouti ma adaa wax ka sheegi kartid, get real!

Am not going to say any more. Deeg isku yel abaayo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From The Port Harcourt Carnival(carniriv) 2013 Edition / Photos From The 90th Birthday Of Sòun Of Ogbomosho / Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.