Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:26 AM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (47767 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by AtandaAtiAdisa(f): 11:12am On Oct 18, 2013
@Dreamsinbc dearie Will start my shopping's immediately. Hope my shake off and acv will not disturb anything ooo.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:53am On Oct 18, 2013
AtandaAtiAdisa: @Dreamsinbc dearie Will start my shopping's immediately. Hope my shake off and acv will not disturb anything ooo.

Not at all. Acv is one of the items on the list. It's to be taken daily. Your shake coupled with everything here will make you lose more weight. If you have the weight to lose, use it alongside. If you don't, finish your course of shake off first.

@all, welcome!!!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by yummyk: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hi all . Im on the other ttc trend and I love whts going on here.
@Dreams im in for this 30 day.
@ all receive d grace to for d challenge IJN
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by MackieB(f): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ok now...this is a serious matter o.

Good job dreams. Am so in on this.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Cocodiva: 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hello ladies, this is such a wonderful thread. Dreams,weldone and congrats on your bfp. I am a fan of your blog too. Hope to join in on this challenge and pray we all get our much desired bfp.
Fertility wishes to all... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Bcolah(f): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Cough cough*
Me I don't know where to get some of these stuffs in lagos oh. Lagosians, help a sister, please if u know who I can get them, kindly let me know.
Lemons
Cinnamon
Mustard seeds
Pumpkin
Coconut milk
Uziza leaves
Brown rice

And peaches too!

Gracias.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by mummyf(f): 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Well done dreams! kiss
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by omalichachim(f): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Kudos Dreams sweerie, i'm in, trying to get my items
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bcolah, for all except uziza leaves and pumpkin, check Goodies, Oasis or Shoprite. In fact, you can get pumpkin in shoprite. For the uziza leaves, just ask those ibo women who sell soup items in the market. Lemons too, ask the people who sell oranges. Peaches-shoprite
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
@bcolah, i have reply the mail please check it. where in lagos do you stay, cos i stay in lagos too
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
@coco diva, thank you...please feel free to make contributions here o! This is a German-German approach. grin

@all, these are the ground rules... shocked

1. RELAX! If your mind is stressed, your body is stressed.
2. Before you start, fast, or do 1 hour midnight prayer, commending the 30 days to God, asking Him to take charge.
3. Aim for 8 glasses of water a day (if you can drink more, good, but remember that there is such a thing as water intoxication and it's not only counter-intuitive for our purposes, it might also be fatal).
4. FIRST thing in the morning, mix 2 cups of hot water with juice of 1/2 a lemon. Drink. This is only for women. Count this towards your 8 cups of water. Stop at O
5. One cup of bone broth is a MUST everyday for the duration of 30 days. Drink it at whatever time you like. You can drink it like that, or make an egg drop soup or cabbage soup (recipes up soon).
6. After the lemon mixture, but before breakfast, mix 1 tablespoon of ACV, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Add 2 cups of warm water to the mixture. Stir and drink (better to use a straw as acv weakens tooth enamel) do not count this towards your daily water intake.
7. One grapefruit is a mandatory snack everyday, from start to finish of the 30 days (if you don't want to lose weight, increase your food intake by 1/2)
8. Use the pineapple CORE from 1-5 DPO. Let DH eat the flesh (recipes for pineapple core and flesh coming up)
9. Yam contains strong phytoestrogens which mimic the estrogen already in the body, giving a clomid-like effect. For this reason, stop consuming yam after O. DH can continue for the duration (aren't they lucky?)
10. Make sure you consume one serving of oats (in form of oatmeal or fufu) everyday.
11. For those of us using parsley, it is a womb stimulant, stop using after O
12. When in doubt as to when to stop consuming parsley, yam and lemons, stop at day 10 of your cycle
13. Eat at least ONE serving of greens or salad, aim for 2 (recipes coming soon)
14. Starting the day before O, soak your feet in warm water before bed, keep you feet warm (men, sleep with cold feet, you've been enjoying too much!)
15. After dinner, blend 2 tomatoes and give DH to drink.
16. Not more than 2 bananas a week-men and women,

some little notes: please take at least 3 days out of the month to give thanks to God. They don't have to be consecutive days. No requests, just be in the attitude of gratitude. Thank God for your children (call them by name). Thank Him for everything.
In the period, GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to do something good for a stranger who cannot show gratitude to you. Let it be something that will inconvenience you a little. Sometimes, it's these little things that hinder our blessings.

This is quite a list, but it's all worth it. Remember, the replenishment time for our reproductive system (male and female) is an average of 3 months. What you eat today will affect you in the next 90 days; at the end of this challenge, incorporate some of these things into your everyday life.
May God hear and answer our prayers and crown our efforts with success. AMEN!

5 Likes

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by bloomingbuds(f): 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
@ Dreams u too much oh. God bless u and ur LO.
Am in 4 d challenge.
My DH can eat anytin. He even soaks, blends n seive his Tigernut milk himself. smiley
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by HawtMummie(f): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
Operation invade Shoprite! And its next door neighbour, Healthplus!

Let's go there. Dh is not happy @d list. I showed him. No more brokoto and orisirisi for him o! Cos I insisted we do this together. Infact, d tomato thing dey make me laff cos he detest it. Lol!
All it takes is discipline.
@dreams God bless you!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
@ Hawtmummy, ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​ℓσℓz•ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​, Ȋ̝̊̅ can understand what u mean. Ȋ̝̊̅ hv only told DH, he does not understand d severity. He likes swwtmouth die. If he sees d list it may be sweetcide, so Ȋ̝̊̅ plan to start teaching him some of these things b4 d challenge starts. God helep me grin cheesy
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
@dreams, I bought this brown rice at a indian store is like they colored it with cocoa cos when I washed it it looked like ofada rice or so I tot. I tot that was the brown rice o. But the one you post looks like wheat. Will go scavenge for it.
Pls post a picture of grape, lol. I know of two grapes. We have one that is in orange family they call grape and the other small grapes. Pls englighten me.

Please add a recipe of something to snack on ooo. Like I made this oat-coconut cookies adde a little wheat and baked. Drizzle with honey. Yummy.
Really wish I can join you guys on this challenge (sobbing).
I will be reading and perceiving the aroma from here and your blog. Goodluck mamas.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Hawtmummie and Lizzie, Abeg make una leave me o. I'm laughing like a fool here.

@Venuss, yes it's that one. Depending on the source, it might wash off. Don't worry. Haaaa, trust me now. I will put in some snacks along the way, So that Lizzy's husband will not commit sweeticide. Lol!
Awww, why can't u join? Ok, but you can make some of the recipes along the line na? I will email you. Yes, grapefruit is that one in the orange family, the big, sour one.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Yipeeeeee! Shoping concluded,

Dream, i av a. Calarbar woman around, she helps wt d weeding a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ airing, she also get cow manure ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ me, she does d planting too, i only care a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ wet d veggie, tis not much though, but enuf ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ my family a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ few friends, not bought greens ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ more than a year now.

Yeah, i got everything .on d list, cheaply too, i got cauliflower ‎at 500N ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ 3, a nylon radish ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ 500N, Zuchini at N100 ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ 3, a dozen fresh big size lemon ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ N250, 50N uziza leaves, 700N giant pumpkin 900N a dozen big coconut, 450N four derica tigernut, 300N 6 medium size beet, N100 plenty parsley. All at mile 12 market, even bought a whole nylon carrot at N700. Hurry go get ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ own, they are so fresh

Dream i got a packaged chick pea at shoprite, not canned o, dat shld be healthier dn d canned, its dry sha, it goes ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ 800N

How do i preserve d following veg, Zuchini, radish a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ cauliflower? Never used them b4, a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ don't know wat to do wt dem. Help me o, dream make dem no spoil
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
All in the fridge. For the cauliflower, seperate the florets and wrap in newspaper. Cauliflower at 500 for 3? Forget jos o, Lagos is the place to be. Here, one medium cauliflower is 500, that's why I didn't include it, make we save small money.

Omo, that garden, work dey am ooo. Enjoy...yes fresh is always better than canned. The less processed food we consume, the better. I'm very surprised you found all these o.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Cryingheart(f): 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hello, I signed up to do this. Thank you for doing this, dreamsbc.
I hope I didn't miss anything. When is it starting please? I need to lose plenty weight as well.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 3:16am On Oct 19, 2013
‎»̶-̶̶ †̥ånKz-►. So much dream, all is preserved,

Cann i make d fufu like amala? Iv mixed it all 2gda, wil love it ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ lunch 2moro + dh is comming back 2 town 2day a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ would like something diff ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ him.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:33am On Oct 19, 2013
@twingirls, I don't know how to make amala o. I tried twice in the past and, well, let's just say I just licked soup those 2 times. My amala eating is reserved for Shitta and White house when I'm in Lagos. Lol! It's like making semo or wheat sha.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Na wa. I used to think pumpkin is d ugwu seed o. And what is d local name for parsley? This brown rice, i have never seen it before, dont think its available in the local market.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by onyinyechika: 8:13am On Oct 19, 2013
Twingirls pls we're did u buy all ur stuff? I intend goin shoppin today. Pls reply asap
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:19am On Oct 19, 2013
uteh: Na wa. I used to think pumpkin is d ugwu seed o. And what is d local name for parsley? This brown rice, i have never seen it before, dont think its available in the local market.

No, it's not in the market. You can find it in big shops. If you can't find it, no worries, just reduce the amount of white rice by 1/2 and eat two servings of greens or salad
Lol, pumpkin is a fruit/vegetable on its own. Ugu leaves are the leaves.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2013
Cryingheart: Hello, I signed up to do this. Thank you for doing this, dreamsbc.
I hope I didn't miss anything. When is it starting please? I need to lose plenty weight as well.

Welcome. It starts on the 1st of November. Pick up from where you are in your cycle, and continue for 30 days. Have you checked out the TTC thread? It would be a good idea to read through. There are lots of good advice there as well.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2013
onyinyechika: Twingirls pls we're did u buy all ur stuff? I intend goin shoppin today. Pls reply asap
Read her post again. She mentioned it. Or go do PT ASAP
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 11:08am On Oct 19, 2013
Onyin, i got most of my stuff at d popular mile 12 market, beside Ketu I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Lagos

I got my almond nut, sesame oil, brownrice, chick pea, olive oil, stick cinnamon, sesame seed a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ mustard seed I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ shoprite a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ almond oil at healthplus, ikeja mall

Dream, we make amala d same way we make wheat a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ poundo yam, maybe U̶̲̥̅̊ put too much water I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ yours or tis not done. I don't like tilapia a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ mackerel, can i do crocker?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Hehehehe @ VENUSS, dis one wen you dey advice people to go do PT all d time so grin grin you sure say you never belleful? wink . Am so loving this thread. The crowd on our other TTC thread dey fear me sometimes. This feels more private and more @ home. @Dreams, which one be broth wen we go dey take daily. Shebi I warned you in the begining say I nor sabi Oyinbo tinz angry . @Twingirls abeg respect urself and post pictures of all the oyinbo veggies wen U talk say you buy, you too fast for my liking though, undecided , thumbs up. Me I dey follow una Bumper to Bumper. Swell Day Y'all.....
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by jommyy: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hello all,I signed up just to be a part of dis.been ttc for 4yrs,hv fibroids & anovulatory cycles sometimes.will do my shopping today.God bless u @dreams for this.pls keep up the good work.
@All may God give us strength to complete this & bless us with our heart desires.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Cocodiva: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ dreamsinbc,No worries dear, we're together wink
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Cocodiva: 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
twingirls: Weldone all, I'm off to d market, i got my almond oil frm health plus, quite small ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ d price though, I'm off to get my veggies

Shakeoff is dealing wt me seriously, been to d toilet like 6 times dis ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ό̲̣̣̣̥я̲̣̣̥и̲̮̣̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇и̲̮̣̥̅̊g̲̣̣̣̥✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣, don't feel like eating, can't even take water.

Dreams, don't mind me, i av an organic vegetable garden wt enuf ugu, soko a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ spinach, amaranth (green) is difficult to manage cos it get infected easily, hence my decision to stick wt other vegs

You need to listen to your body. Our bodies respond to things differently,what works for A in a way ,may not work for B in the same way.You shouldn't have this much bowel movement in a single morning. It'l not only leave you dehydrated,but will drain you of minerals and soluble vitamins as well. Stop it for a day or two. Then halve the dose thereafter and see how it goes. Drink lots of water now for replenishment.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
Welcome jommy, may God's will be done in these 30 days. Amen
@MamaT, no let your anger become annoyed. The broth is just the liquid after boiling the biscuit bones or cow tail with vinegar and some vegetables. I will post the recipe on Monday. You just boil, sieve and freeze in little containers for daily use. No vex biko.
@onyinyechika, I think she mentioned mile 12, but maybe a PT is in order o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

ABCs Of Cake Making / Why Is My Fondant Breaking? / 11k Well Spent..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.