Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34053 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
this is the third time we're resurrecting this project, I pray it gets accomplished this time
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by MasterPDON: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
i'm good with c#. since we're using unity, i'm in.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
This project should rise like a Phoenix
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by pjae: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
kazuna: This project should rise like a Phoenix
and sink like the Titanic
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by bigt2(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
pjae:
and sink like the Titanic
servant of DOOM !!! angry
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2015
So Una never complete this game?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by KazukiIto(m): 1:04pm On May 31, 2015
Though I'm late, I just want to throw in my two cents. Unreal engine is very free right now, why can we just go with it?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Chiako3D(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2015
Hi,
My name is Chiaka Chima I am a game designer and a graphics designer both in 2D and 3D am the designer of "Deja Vu Game" an Android game available right now in google play store . Just type Deja Vu game in the search bar u will see it there here are my links

facebook: s
http://www.facebook.com/chigraphicalillustrations
http://www.facebook.com/Deja Vu game

I started using Unreal since UDK and Now Unreal Engine 4 is now fee I have UE 4.7 install on my system . UE is a very powerful game no doubt about that but the work flow is ambitious and huge and complex. Everybody involved in the development using UE4 must understand it fully and everybody must know his or her department.and the learning curve, I will till u guyz the truth is to big and heavy except every one take his or her area of expertise and focus on it and bring the best out it
UE4 is divide in various segments.

Persona editor -Character animation stuff
Cascade editor- particle editor
Blueprint editor- visual programming
World editor- level and scene design
physics editor- physic things
MICROSOFT Visual Studio software- C++ coding and each of this editors is another world on there own.

So I advise that we use Unity 5 it also has some of UE4 features Includeing the latest rendering for game engines "Physical Base Rendering (PBR)" which make the game start out of the crowd especial in africa and also compete with the world.

Thank you
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Chiako3D(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2015
Hi,
sorry here is my email and phone number

Chiakochima1gman@gmail.com
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Dont know why i Keep popping into this thread, maybe the future will be bright someday.

any time this project gets fully ressurected, so far that this thread exists and I am not yet 85, I'm in
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Stconvict(m): 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
What happened to this project?
When I stumbled upon this project, I was so happy to see such dedication in game dev in Nigeria. But as the thread counts towards 22, the enthusiasm blew away.
Next year should be game's release date.
What happened? cry
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by purplekayc(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2015
You guys should get a definite plan
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
Jivi:
Hi Nairalanders,

Let us form a team of game developers to develop a very solid 3d PC game based on Nigerian People and Culture with next gen graphics.
You dont have to know everything and you dont have to be very smart. You just have be able to contribute something relevant and be competent at what you do.
So, we would contribute our individual strength to the team. I know we have the talent.
What do we need.

1. C/C++ Programmers
2. 3d Modelers
3. Concept Artists
4. 2d Artists
5. Animators
6. Sound Designers
7. Game Designers
8. Level Designers
9. Voice Actors
10. Game Programmers

There are more roles to be filled up but this is what I can up with for now.

I envision this project will take about three years. So, there is no rush. What we need right now is more of talented Game Designers, concept artists and 3d Modelers. So, we can start up with a story line and develop the environment from there.

This is not going to be a small project. We are not trying to create a demo. We would be developing a world class game only targeting next gen hardware. This would not impede game designers, concept artist and 3d modelers who would start the initial development phase.

If you think you can contribute or if you are interested,
Post your detail here and I would contact you
or
Just send me an email here: jivibounty@yahoo.com, jivibounty@facebook.com. Feel free to add me on facebook.
and yahoo messenger

Once, we have a solid enough team, we can startup. I will coordinate this from start to finish. So, you do not have to worry
that this project will stop at any point in time. I am very sure we can do this.

I am a game developer and you can view some of my works here:
www.jivibounty..com

Edit - 27/10/2013

Story Concept Phase Completed
We have been able to bring our heads together and develop several story concepts and finally, we have chosen the Goat's Revolt story
since most people like the story

Goat's Revolt
Goats have been oppressed by men for years. They have been slaughtered for food.
General Goaty, the protagonist will take this injustice no more. Goats have a life too. On Xmas eve. the goats led by General Goaty assisted by the Big-Eyed Goat, General OverSeer went on riot against man. They formed an alliance with other Xmas – eatable animals such as Cow, Chicken, Turkey etc. Together, they go offensive against man fighting for their fundamental Animal Rights. They acquired all sorts of machine guns and assault rifles and waged a war on man.
Eventually, after several dangerous mission which almost led to the end of the world. They defeated man and they celebrated their victory.
As they were celebrating, General Goaty woke up from his dreams in the abattoir and next thing he knows, a knife goes for his neck.
In other words, the entire Game is General Goaty’s dream on Xmas eve.

The mission is to defeat men who eat goat.
The language is pidgin English with interpretation for other languages.
The game is first person shooter and third person shooter.
the goats can walk on two legs (It does not have to be realistic)

Current Missions

-Escape from the Abattoir
-Acquire Cutlass and Fight.

The humans get to pursue the escapee goat, Goatie with cutlass fiercely.

-Release Other Goats, Ram, Cow, Chicken etc.
Armed with a cutlass, Goaty visits several abattoirs to release other animals.

-Infiltrate Military Base to acquire tanks - Acquire Advanced Weapons – Ak47, Sniper etc

_Shit just got real. Information has leaked that the goats have rebelled against man and pose a very dangerous threat to citizen's life. In no time, the government deployed troops of mean and hungry soldiers.
General Goatie along with Ewu, Ebili and Gwon Gwon go on a top secret mission to acquire weapons of war fare. In the process, Gwon Gwon got killed. Then, the human Military Commander then said, Omo, see meat. Mek person go prepare Isi-Ewu make we chow.
But General Goaty thought differently. They had to retrieve GwonGwon’s body for appropriate burial rite as a worthy hero and patriot.

-Retrieve GwonGwon’s Body, Get the weapons and capture the military commander.

-Rescue Goatie's Mom.
Goatie did not find his mom after releasing other nearby goats because she has been sold.
During the course of the game, intel came on her whereabout. and then, he had to rescue her before she gets slaughtered.
Also, cutscene of Goatie remembering when he rescued a fellow goat from a very wicked bully goat and goatie's mom told him
"Goatie, I know say one day you go make me proud"(lol).
Also, we can give names to character based on the animals popular names or anything close in sound or meaning.
for example
Cow - Melu, Mumu etc
Goat - Goatie, Overseer(Big Eye), Ewu, Gwon Gwon, Ebili, ScapeGoat etc
Ram - Thuram(a very strong ram)

We are currently in the process of polishing the mission and developing gameplay elements.
Great Work everyone for your efforts, contributions and critical analysis.
We are moving on to the next phase which would be developing Mission One
which is actually goatie's Escape. We would develop the gameplay elements/concept art and
engage in Level Design.

All these for Goats??
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
Mich43l:
Hello Nairalanders,

This is an interesting thread and was very happy to see it. But unfortunately, I noticed that the enthusiasm faded away at some point. Im currently studying Mobile Game Development Using Unity 3D and this would have been a very good scenario to showcase my skills.

I would encourage all of us interested in the project to brush up on our skills. The Unity Engine is a great tool for building all kinds of games on different platforms.

You can learn more about building 3D games or take up the training online to acquire or polish your skills.

Check this link: http://eti.ng/mobile-game-development-with-unity-3d.html

I would love for us to revive our creativity and do something great.

Unity3D is a very good way to achieve a lot.

I take this Game Dev thing as a hobby tho, (I only sold some of my assets once)

I may be able to share some of my resources like Terrains, Level and Bump Maps and my AI system when i'm free.

Goodluck!
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Mich43l(m): 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Unity3D is a very good way to achieve a lot.

I take this Game Dev thing as a hobby tho, (I only sold some of my assets once)

I may be able to share some of my resources like Terrains, Level and Bump Maps and my AI system when i'm free.

Goodluck!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Do you engage in other developments or just Unity3D developments?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
popped in again...when are you guys ready for my service.

Wake up people...theirs no more oyel, time to start thinking new games for sale...

I am into Xter design....Plz let's get this running. let it be a phenomenon....

Please anyone...
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 12, 2016
Mich43l:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Do you engage in other developments or just Unity3D developments?

I am also a front end developer.

I have lots of projects at hand, one which includes a game.
I will post a thread for it when the time comes so contributors can come in. I do not plan to manage the project through nairaland but a project management system for teams.

Till then.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by pjae: 12:14am On Mar 16, 2016
all really impressive game ideas but they are all for fashy... u guys r all talk an d no do. sersly its tiring... wen ever anyone is serious n needs contribution hit me up
btw i deal with
purely 2d
sound effect
2d ui, background design
workin on my character designs
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by abouzaid: 9:48am On Mar 20, 2016
i once read the book, the Nigerian revolution and the biafran war and there was this account of the night of the northern counter coup, soldiers were summoned to the parade ground, eastern/igbo soldiers were singled out, loaded into military trucks supposedly to the railway station, along the way, the trucks were diverted to a bush, the soldiers were lined up and shot with a machine gun and then robbed of their belongings but among the soldiers was one who was not hit, he feigned dead even when be robbed of his wallet and wristwatch and later escaped, he eventually told the story to the author before he was apprehended at the makurdi bridge, shot and his corpse thrown into the river. i would want a civil war era game starting with this man's story except that he eventually had to lead a few others as they fight their way from kaduna to biafra.i have more ideas but let's stop here for the moment.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by chingle5(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
GUYZ I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR GOAT GAME O YOU SEE THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIANS, ALWAYS TALKING BUT NO ACTION.....................................IF I CALL MY BUSIIIKKKKY FOR ALL OF YOU

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 10:36am On Jan 06, 2019
Goat game kazzz
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by javaRookie: 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
"A DIVIDED HOUSE CAN NEVER STAND", I for see this game not being completed before 2015 at this rate of arguing
My broda its 2019 and still nothing to show for it.
What is the email of your native doctor? Your predictions are so on Point!
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by HARDEYborndis: 2:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
Jivi:
Hi Nairalanders,

Let us form a team of game developers to develop a very solid 3d PC game based on Nigerian People and Culture with next gen graphics.
You dont have to know everything and you dont have to be very smart. You just have be able to contribute something relevant and be competent at what you do.
So, we would contribute our individual strength to the team. I know we have the talent.
What do we need.

1. C/C++ Programmers
2. 3d Modelers
3. Concept Artists
4. 2d Artists
5. Animators
6. Sound Designers
7. Game Designers
8. Level Designers
9. Voice Actors
10. Game Programmers

There are more roles to be filled up but this is what I can up with for now.

I envision this project will take about three years. So, there is no rush. What we need right now is more of talented Game Designers, concept artists and 3d Modelers. So, we can start up with a story line and develop the environment from there.

This is not going to be a small project. We are not trying to create a demo. We would be developing a world class game only targeting next gen hardware. This would not impede game designers, concept artist and 3d modelers who would start the initial development phase.

If you think you can contribute or if you are interested,
Post your detail here and I would contact you
or
Just send me an email here: jivibounty@yahoo.com, jivibounty@facebook.com. Feel free to add me on facebook.
and yahoo messenger

Once, we have a solid enough team, we can startup. I will coordinate this from start to finish. So, you do not have to worry
that this project will stop at any point in time. I am very sure we can do this.

I am a game developer and you can view some of my works here:
www.jivibounty..com

Edit - 27/10/2013

Story Concept Phase Completed
We have been able to bring our heads together and develop several story concepts and finally, we have chosen the Goat's Revolt story
since most people like the story

Goat's Revolt
Goats have been oppressed by men for years. They have been slaughtered for food.
General Goaty, the protagonist will take this injustice no more. Goats have a life too. On Xmas eve. the goats led by General Goaty assisted by the Big-Eyed Goat, General OverSeer went on riot against man. They formed an alliance with other Xmas – eatable animals such as Cow, Chicken, Turkey etc. Together, they go offensive against man fighting for their fundamental Animal Rights. They acquired all sorts of machine guns and assault rifles and waged a war on man.
Eventually, after several dangerous mission which almost led to the end of the world. They defeated man and they celebrated their victory.
As they were celebrating, General Goaty woke up from his dreams in the abattoir and next thing he knows, a knife goes for his neck.
In other words, the entire Game is General Goaty’s dream on Xmas eve.

The mission is to defeat men who eat goat.
The language is pidgin English with interpretation for other languages.
The game is first person shooter and third person shooter.
the goats can walk on two legs (It does not have to be realistic)

Current Missions

-Escape from the Abattoir
-Acquire Cutlass and Fight.

The humans get to pursue the escapee goat, Goatie with cutlass fiercely.

-Release Other Goats, Ram, Cow, Chicken etc.
Armed with a cutlass, Goaty visits several abattoirs to release other animals.

-Infiltrate Military Base to acquire tanks - Acquire Advanced Weapons – Ak47, Sniper etc

_Shit just got real. Information has leaked that the goats have rebelled against man and pose a very dangerous threat to citizen's life. In no time, the government deployed troops of mean and hungry soldiers.
General Goatie along with Ewu, Ebili and Gwon Gwon go on a top secret mission to acquire weapons of war fare. In the process, Gwon Gwon got killed. Then, the human Military Commander then said, Omo, see meat. Mek person go prepare Isi-Ewu make we chow.
But General Goaty thought differently. They had to retrieve GwonGwon’s body for appropriate burial rite as a worthy hero and patriot.

-Retrieve GwonGwon’s Body, Get the weapons and capture the military commander.

-Rescue Goatie's Mom.
Goatie did not find his mom after releasing other nearby goats because she has been sold.
During the course of the game, intel came on her whereabout. and then, he had to rescue her before she gets slaughtered.
Also, cutscene of Goatie remembering when he rescued a fellow goat from a very wicked bully goat and goatie's mom told him
"Goatie, I know say one day you go make me proud"(lol).
Also, we can give names to character based on the animals popular names or anything close in sound or meaning.
for example
Cow - Melu, Mumu etc
Goat - Goatie, Overseer(Big Eye), Ewu, Gwon Gwon, Ebili, ScapeGoat etc
Ram - Thuram(a very strong ram)

We are currently in the process of polishing the mission and developing gameplay elements.
Great Work everyone for your efforts, contributions and critical analysis.
We are moving on to the next phase which would be developing Mission One
which is actually goatie's Escape. We would develop the gameplay elements/concept art and
engage in Level Design.

Hi Guys, I am here to introduce a new mobile game store looking to come into Africa, the game store is Aha. Should you be a mobile game developer and looking for a brand to help you publish your games and market them from time to time with a unique generating formula, please forward a mail to moshood.a@transsion.com to register your interest and have your games in millions of hands in no time.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by HARDEYborndis: 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2019
Hi, this is to reach out to all mobile game developers... If you are a mobile game developer looking to have a game store interested in promoting the works of African Game Developers by publishing and marketing leading to better revenue then kindly register your interest by sending a mail to moshood.a@transsion.com

Thank you
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by ajanifarouq(m): 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2019
I am a c programmer can I work in the team
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 11:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
ajanifarouq:
I am a c programmer can I work in the team
we broke up.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by sixbon2000(m): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
Game developers looking to work for some big companies in Europe, kindly buzz me on Telegram. Username:@sixbon
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
Anyone of you still interested in this project or another easier project I want to work on? The other project is a deathmatch game.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Confused01: 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2022
Not sure if am gonna be help but am a noob pixel artiste here are some of my works

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
Confused01:
Not sure if am gonna be help but am a noob pixel artiste here are some of my works
Thanks for the reply. What I am looking to do is 3D work. If you can design the UI like button images etc. That will be good though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

What Is Computer Programming / Microcontrollers / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.