Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34042 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 7:54am On Nov 01, 2013
Ok 1st mission again!- let's start gettin d facts rhyt!- goatie is sold - the buyer didn't tie goatie well enof or hold the rope - goatie sees this as an opportunity and starts runnining( all this in a cut scene)- Game begins- (have eni one played uncharted 2 or resident evil six instead of goatie runin away temple run style d camera culd b facing goatie and we see guys frm behind running to geht close 2 goatie with cut lasses some start throwing stones) - anoda fact is goatie @ 1st is standing normally lyk a goat buh when he start running he is on is feet!! - the player get to hold the run key and the downward direction since we r nt shwin d destination, jst mr goaties back view - players move left to rhyt 2 avoid stones and obstacles -then finally there is gonna be a kinda slw motion adrenaline mood where mr goatie gehts 2 jump and use is horns 2 break or knock crates wich he uses to block the path and done he as lost The humans!! - then to mission 2- he goes back to the farm 2 free the other animals -------------NOTE we can change enifin or add things to the missions enitime and also I tink this level is jst gonna take plc in a narrow path an alley( we culd sai the sellers r illegal sellers so they sell there goods in isolated places!!.)
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2013
now Jivi has group ppl intrested by skillset and function, i'ld want to know what language we will b implementing with? my assumption is anyone who is very balanced in C/C++ or d Lua languages (or willing to learn Lua) can work wit d game engine i hv....Sorry artist cnt directly work wit this as i hvnt made friendly gui interfaces for d tools fault of limited hands and intrests
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 9:55am On Nov 01, 2013
Signing out...gud luck guys
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 01, 2013
we have a story line, characters, etc...
wats the language that will be used and wat game engine has been chosen?....
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2013
Preboy: we have a story line, characters, etc...
wats the language that will be used and wat game engine has been chosen?....
jjk24: Ok 1st mission again!- let's start gettin d facts rhyt!- goatie is sold - the buyer didn't tie goatie well enof or hold the rope - goatie sees this as an opportunity and starts runnining( all this in a cut scene)- Game begins- (have eni one played uncharted 2 or resident evil six instead of goatie runin away temple run style d camera culd b facing goatie and we see guys frm behind running to geht close 2 goatie with cut lasses some start throwing stones) - anoda fact is goatie @ 1st is standing normally lyk a goat buh when he start running he is on is feet!! - the player get to hold the run key and the downward direction since we r nt shwin d destination, jst mr goaties back view - players move left to rhyt 2 avoid stones and obstacles -then finally there is gonna be a kinda slw motion adrenaline mood where mr goatie gehts 2 jump and use is horns 2 break or knock crates wich he uses to block the path and done he as lost The humans!! - then to mission 2- he goes back to the farm 2 free the other animals -------------NOTE we can change enifin or add things to the missions enitime and also I tink this level is jst gonna take plc in a narrow path an alley( we culd sai the sellers r illegal sellers so they sell there goods in isolated places!!.)
Along his way he can pick up cassava peels to boost his powers. Also he can be helped in acquiring ammunitions by the help of military trained dogs like I have stated outrightly. It still hurts that I am a beginner programmer and a design artist. In anyway I am solidly behind u guys with my little contributions
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by worldbest(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2013
Using a custom game engine (especially one with no GUI) when the overall knowledge of game development on this thread is still basic is a wrong idea. Top game studios use already recognized engines like Unreal and Unity not because they can't develop theirs but because its cheaper and convenient.

If @dueal decides to ditch this project, y'all are screwed. Use an engine everyone (those here and those that would come in the future) can relate with.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 11:40am On Nov 01, 2013
@worldbest i agree with u on the use of an established game engine but one thing u forgot to include is restrictions and limitations of using an engine u hv no access to the source. Unreal was made wit a bias towards FPS and Unity is claiming to be capable of anything but still u hv no access to d source to adapt to ur needs. For one, i dnt hv Unity knowledge and i suspect most of us here dont either. Ask the questions...why do studios like Insomiac, Naughty Dog, Kojima Production, and EA keep creating and advancing their in-house engine...it not cause they hv money to blow, but they hv the heart of the engine in their hands to sway it anyway they like....my thoughts...programmers mind i guess. And NO..i believe their r ppl out their who know their onions as well
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
@dueal, i get your point... Bottom line_customisation. But if top notch games like "call of duty2", "deus ex"... Were created with unity, i cant see what it cant do for our goat and chicken story. smiley but another thing is how many people knows how to use it_ i dont to begin with. On the other hand, IF(that's one big if) you guys successfully designed a game engine, and this game became a commercial success, the copyright of the engine goes to who? smiley i'll hate to be a witness in court sad . that's why i think something generic at this level is wholesome unless, you'll develop the whole game yourself and others will just be contributors(then using your engine will be the best option).
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
i believe this game will b a free one when its done....i'm currently not focused on commercial for this title..
.but if theres a group out there ready to use Unity or some oda engine...i miht still play ball. also Infinity Wards has dropped Unreal engine for their inhouse engine.
Also about the engine...no need for big IFs, it exists
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
I think the decision on what game engine to use should be left to the programming team when we get started.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
jjk24: Ok 1st mission again!- let's start gettin d facts rhyt!- goatie is sold - the buyer didn't tie goatie well enof or hold the rope - goatie sees this as an opportunity and starts runnining( all this in a cut scene)- Game begins- (have eni one played uncharted 2 or resident evil six instead of goatie runin away temple run style d camera culd b facing goatie and we see guys frm behind running to geht close 2 goatie with cut lasses some start throwing stones) - anoda fact is goatie @ 1st is standing normally lyk a goat buh when he start running he is on is feet!! - the player get to hold the run key and the downward direction since we r nt shwin d destination, jst mr goaties back view - players move left to rhyt 2 avoid stones and obstacles -then finally there is gonna be a kinda slw motion adrenaline mood where mr goatie gehts 2 jump and use is horns 2 break or knock crates wich he uses to block the path and done he as lost The humans!! - then to mission 2- he goes back to the farm 2 free the other animals -------------NOTE we can change enifin or add things to the missions enitime and also I tink this level is jst gonna take plc in a narrow path an alley( we culd sai the sellers r illegal sellers so they sell there goods in isolated places!!.)

nice one. We can get started on this. We need to get out a concept art of the environment especially top view plan and then create the first draft model.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Frozenxyz: 6:55am On Nov 02, 2013
Jivi i think i can come up with a gud update on the next mission,
can the humans communicate with the goat?

i think there should be a snitch in the goat group, a goat who delivers info to the humans concearninq the new location of the other goats, the snitch family is been held by the govt, and if he gives a useful info concearninq the whereabout of mr goat then his family will be released!!

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
@Jivi,by the way what is ur plan for this game. How are we gonna get started,we now have a story.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Have alredi started modellin mr goatie wish aa culd post ma wrk nw !! Buh am on d road mayb monday pals #sobs @peter I tink nw we jst take d missions one by one and den start creating the assets we will nid n kip moving fr dere #cheers

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
jjk24: Have alredi started modellin mr goatie wish aa culd post ma wrk nw !! Buh am on d road mayb monday pals #sobs @peter I tink nw we jst take d missions one by one and den start creating the assets we will nid n kip moving fr dere #cheers
ya a level @ a time and pls oda shuld draw there models too or find any in the web.... tanks
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by purplekayc(m): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
I would love a pc game themed around the biafran \nigerian civil war...
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
@purplekayc...would b a good one if d war was btw countries....whos going to b d "actor" and "boss"
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Draft

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dpuzo: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Reminds me of other projects started here on nairaland and remained here. I've bin following this and I'm rili rooting for you guys. Please dont f*ck this up
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
It's about commitment. Many here have a thing or two doing and going by the history of past nl projects, some 'd think this is just another. I think if a monetary reward is giving, the turnout of interested participants 'd be pythonically unimaginable.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
True talk...but its not about money...i think we lack d means...skills on NL for a game in 3d. Its mostly a factor of ppl wanting quick cash and not wanting to commit to a project dat'll take more dan a week or two. most young folks say web is where d cash is...and i say...pls show me one project in web dats ramping up d cash u r chasing for dat has no big shot backing it.....besides...web is boring...based on wat we do in dis country...db stuff
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
miss python grin
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bulldog: miss python grin
pls give it a rest, I didn't wanna getting involved bt can u b mature for once and wat does " miss Python" got to do with goaty and his peeps. I beg you to retain any dignity you have left and not insult yourself here
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bulldog: miss python grin
pls give it a rest, I didn't wanna get involved bt can u b mature for once and wat does " miss Python" got to do with goaty and his peeps. I beg you to retain any dignity you have left and not insult yourself here
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dpuzo: 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
dueal: True talk...but its not about money...i think we lack d means...skills on NL for a game in 3d. Its mostly a factor of ppl wanting quick cash and not wanting to commit to a project dat'll take more dan a week or two. most young folks say web is where d cash is...and i say...pls show me one project in web dats ramping up d cash u r chasing for dat has no big shot backing it.....besides...web is boring...based on wat we do in dis country...db stuff

I dont think we lack the means, currently looking into 3d and I cant say its dat difficult. I think its lack of organization and drive. When threads like dese are created pple jst come to talk and do notin. A serious project thread should nt even go pass d first page then d guys r off to do serious talkin on a more personal platform like a chat app
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Preboy: pls give it a rest, I didn't wanna get involved bt can u b mature for once and wat does " miss Python" got to do with goaty and his peeps. I beg you to retain any dignity you have left and not insult yourself here
thanks for your advice dad. But honestly, it wasn't meant for you so the more matured thing to do is to ignore it. And the last time i checked i was among those that supported the goat gameplay instead of sango and is currently doing the ambience and sound design so if i may ask, what is your contribution apart from criticising comments not directed to you?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
Work in progress# note abeg am nt daht gud still a leaner buh dis project dey hlp .. Abeg bulldog n co stp na and also shuld we jst dwnload the assets mak a no dey waste time create sumfin else

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 8:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
jjk24: Work in progress# note abeg am nt daht gud still a leaner buh dis project dey hlp .. Abeg bulldog n co stp na and also shuld we jst dwnload the assets mak a no dey waste time create sumfin else
dont know why kids like pulling on my tail, but i'm cool nowsmiley Back to the matter, i think dueal has modelled the goat, there are many other things to model, like houses, humans, badass chickens, weapons, bulldogs etc... I have a house model(with no furnitures inside though). But another thing with many guys doing modelling is the compactibility of the modelling softwares - i use blender for 3d/anime studio for 2d. There should be uniformity of standard(every one exporting to the same format.). So that if we abandon the project, other people with the same idea will have a depository where they can select non copywrited models
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bulldog: dont know why kids like pulling on my tail, but i'm cool nowsmiley Back to the matter, i think dueal has modelled the goat, there are many other things to model, like houses, humans, badass chickens, weapons, bulldogs etc... I have a house model(with no furnitures inside though). But another thing with many guys doing modelling is the compactibility of the modelling softwares - i use blender for 3d/anime studio for 2d. There should be uniformity of standard(every one exporting to the same format.). So that if we abandon the project, other people with the same idea will have a depository where they can select non copywrited models
I used blender 2 I tink we shuld jst use wave frnt obj as awa standard format wah u tink
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dueal also models in blender, but jivi i think uses autodesk. If .obj is supported by other modelling programs, then it's alright. If not exporting to .3ds or .fdx will be ok too, since autodesk and 3d studio are industry standard modelling softwares for 3d
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hi guys,keep it up
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
for d record i work in Maya, 3ds Max, and Photoshop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

What Is Computer Programming / Microcontrollers / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.