Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,354 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453846 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
francisabuah: my visa card is giving serious isues paying for me gre and toefl and i am running out of dates oooo,plz help a broda out.

Do u have a current account?

Here's my opinion: By default, for Online transactions, most cards: VISA and Mastercard, are connected to the default savings account. On the contrary, if you own a current account, the card is connected to the Current account instead of the default savings account. Current accounts supersedes savings account for online transactions. I had a similar challenge while trying to connect my Gtbank Mastercard to my Paypal account. My current account was not funded bt my savings was. My transaction was consistently denied until i contacted Gtbank and was told to fund my current account. I did and that was the end of the transaction errors/decline i was experiencing. Therefore, if you have a current account in addition to your savings account and you need to perform online transactions, transfer sufficient funds into your current account. But if you don't own a current account, contact your bank for further assistance.

Do u have a GTBank Mastercard + Paypal account?

if you have a Gtbank Mastercard and a Paypal account, this might help: https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5/293#24718753
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
ferguson1: House please i have a low sat score but my IELTS score is OK . Two schools offered me admission and i want to present the two results to the VO. what do i do?

First, you need to calm down, until the VO ask for any of your documents. Just just rush to show the VO you document, the VO may not even ask for your SAT score.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
[quote author=Amerinancy][/quote]

chei!!! it is well. hope we safe wiv all these sisters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
ebdib:

We've repeated this so many times.
Don't use Kaplan to study. You people won't hear.
Go and download na.
please I am new here,please which of the practice test will you advise me to use? thanks alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by timodam4real: 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bro they should know that most federal Uni. dont give certificates on time. I think if you can justify whatver score you have myt just be good enough.

So help us God.

stevecrun: Information reaching me now is that these visa officers are bouncing guys that have low gre and sat scores oohh..If your school waives you from writing SAT or Gre you better get a letter from them ooohhh!
Same goes to the certificate issues.

These info is for those heading to the embassy soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
timodam4real: Bro they should know that most federal Uni. dont give certificates on time. I think if you can justify whatver score you have myt just be good enough.

So help us God.

So help us God..my broda

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 1:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
please guys a combination of the official test and the barons test hope it's cool to prepare with? I intend taking the GRE by october.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Kassidy4luv(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
Why WES no dey evaluate Uniport transcript?

Uniport don put me for One Chance ooooooooo.

Na Statement of result I still dey with oooo, only GOD kws wen my. Certificate will be ready.

I pray d VO dosent ask for my certificate wen am due for interview.

So help me GOD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
Kassidy4luv: Why WES no dey evaluate Uniport transcript?

Na Statement of result I still dey with oooo, only GOD kws wen my. Certificate will be ready.

So help me GOD
this una uniport sef..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
Kassidy4luv: Why WES no dey evaluate Uniport transcript?

So help me GOD

You need to get that certificate, it is really important.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LoveDecay(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
Glory to Jesus - Honor to Mary.

I am here to share my testimony oooooh. grin

My visa got approved this morning at the LOS consular office - will returning to ABJ on Thursday after i collek my visa.

Was only asked few questions - i blanked out at the end of my first answer but i asked the V.O for a minute to collect myself - he obliged me and started sipping his shayi (tea) .

So, i am headed for CUA' Washington for my M.A IEDM in a week or so. I start orientation on the 20th. grin

-----------------------------------------------
transcript

V.O - why CUA
me - i chose CUA based on 3 criteria ; faith (blah blah blah), location (blah blah ...) V.O cuts in, say o.k
V.O - whats the 3 reason, you said 3
me - (blank out for 5 secs or so 'making funny faces')
V.O - 'still waiting - suprised' tongue
me - could you give me a minute , am really stressed out
V.O - sure (picks up's his flask, sips' his tea)
me - just blurted out the following word's ( CUA emphasis on theory and practical )
V.O - 'does seem to give a hoot - proly confused by what i meant 'theory and practical' - he still looking at me
me - 'my brains back up kicks in' and i say we go on several visit , like were visiting chemonics this september and we get to listen to development economist talk about new policies and....
V.O - cuts in - o.k
me - 'am fuked' - what do i tell my mum shocked
V.O - what did you do to get into CUA
me - GRE
V.O - do you have it
me - yes - gives it to v.o
V.O - uhh huuh
me - i wrote a personal statement and got 3 recommendation letters, 2 from my school prof. 1 from my inlaw
V.O - what do you do
me - i work at my dads coy "insert name here", as an asst. admin . manager
V.O - what do they do
me - we sell, maintain , and install, security equipment - atm, strong room doors, treasury, banking safes, cctv, revolving doors.....
V.O - hmmm, why dev economics - you seem to have more experience in business
me - that's true- graduated with a bsc in bus.mgt but my dad helps out my hometown, whenever he can, however the money is always scattered and donations unstructured - the money never does anything meaningful, want to study iedm so i can plan, design and manage ... ( v.o cut's in O.K)
V.O - does your dad own the coy
me - yes
V.O - is he paying for it
me - yes, i have his bank statement 'gives it to v.o'
V.O - where did you study
me- university of maiduguri
V.O - what
me - university of maiduguri
V.O - alright your visa is approved, picked it up in three days time, make sure you take you i-20 with you when you travel
me - thank you, pack my papers - squeeze em into my louis v. man purse and roll out. grin

Make una help me thank GOD (holy trinity) , virgin Mary, all the angels and saints and my guardian angel ( couldnt have done it without u)

Also - shout out to the thread owners, picked up alot of points from the conversations here - especially the part where i should wear nything i like. and the part where some chick said she never needed her admission letter (was running around in circles for this one)

PEACE - and to others, you are yet to get your visa

I have one word for you _ GO WITH GOD AND God SPeeD

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
Congratulations, LoveDecay.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Congratulations LoveDecay

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
LoveDecay: Glory to Jesus - Honor to Mary.

My visa got approved this morning at the LOS consular office - will returning to ABJ on Thursday after i collek my visa.

Congratulation.. I remember you were interested on dress code.. Tell us how you dressed jare

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
lol...real twists in ur visa interview, congrats love decay.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Thumbs up LoveDecay

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2014

Was only asked few questions - i blanked out at the end of my first answer but i asked the V.O for a minute to collect myself - he obliged me and started sipping his shayi (tea) .

So, i am headed for CUA' Washington for my M.A IEDM in a week or so. I start orientation on the 20th. grin

transcript

V.O - why CUA
me - i chose CUA based on 3 criteria ; faith (blah blah blah), location (blah blah ...) V.O cuts in, say o.k
me - just blurted out the following word's ( CUA emphasis on theory and practical )
V.O - 'does seem to give a hoot - proly confused by what i meant 'theory and practical' - he still looking at me
me - 'my brains back up kicks in' and i say we go on several visit , like were visiting chemonics this september and we get to listen to development economist talk about new policies and....
V.O - cuts in - o.k
me - GRE
V.O - do you have it
V.O - uhh huuh
me - i wrote a personal statement and got 3 recommendation letters, 2 from my school prof. 1 from my inlaw
V.O - what do you do
V.O - what do they do
me - we sell, maintain , and install, security equipment - atm, strong room doors, treasury, banking safes, cctv, revolving doors.....
me - that's true- graduated with a bsc in bus.mgt but my dad helps out my hometown, whenever he can, however the money is always scattered and donations unstructured - the money never does anything meaningful, want to study iedm so i can plan, design and manage ... ( v.o cut's in O.K)
me - yes
V.O - what
V.O - alright your visa is approved, picked it up in three days time, make sure you take you i-20 with you when you travel
me - thank you, pack my papers - squeeze em into my louis v. man purse and roll out. grin

Make una help me thank GOD (holy trinity) , virgin Mary, all the angels and saints and my guardian angel ( couldnt have done it without u)

Also - shout out to the thread owners, picked up alot of points from the conversations here - especially the part where i should wear nything i like. and the part where some chick said she never needed her admission letter (was running around in circles for this one)

wow! Congrats bro.......it was indeed God's doing.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
congrats man and enjoy ur trip.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LoveDecay(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
juntod:

Congratulation.. I remember you were interested on dress code.. Tell us how you dressed jare

Army colored chinos trousers, brown suede shoes, long sleeved shirt, ( added the image below)

same design - but different colors, i have red, white and blue on mine.

co-incidentally v.o had the same shirt - same designer but different colors . ( but i doubt i scored points for that)

Shaved my beards with a razor stick till it was baby a.ss smooth

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by alingo4life: 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevecrun: Won't having WAEC send your results directly to your school cost you a lot of money?Can't you let the school's admin officer know you have a waec scratch card?send it to them via email and they can see your results online

Although ,there are many other good school that would request you send the scratch card instead ,some will even ask you send them your scanned waec photocopy to their email ,have it certified true copy by a law court.
It's your choice bro.

Bro..Thanks for your input.I just mailed the school telling them i would prefer sending them a waec scratch card to verify the result,cos it would be expensive sending the result as you've said..A good member of this forum has oulined the process involved..and that would cost more..By the way,I need more Good schools that accept WAEC only,I dont want to waste money doing Foreign exams as long has the school accepts WAEC..Thanks bro...You've got a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by alingo4life: 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
zeezahbee: NAU is ok. since toefl is not required, then you are fine, jst explain to the vo. if you wanna send your certificate to your school directly tru waec, then you go to waec office at yaba with 10k and ake an affidavit, go with three passport photgraph and also 350naira for postal. waec will give you an option if you want them to send through fedex, dhl or nipost. the fedex and dhl agents are there so you pay them
you can go with stateent of result but its preferable and better if you get your certificate, waec reissue lost certificate

Thanks babe..You should marry Seun,you know...lol..You've got a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ferguson1: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU, LOVEDAY.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Amerinancy: Biko leave all this kponmo men! Muwa bu a big chic. So I got no time for mama thank you's.

Please I'm driving now. Who is coming to isolo to pick up visa holla me asap!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ferguson1: 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevecrun you have a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
alingo4life:

Bro..Thanks for your input.I just mailed the school telling them i would prefer sending them a waec scratch card to verify the result,cos it would be expensive sending the result as you've said..A good member of this forum has oulined the process involved..and that would cost more..By the way,I need more Good schools that accept WAEC only,I dont want to waste money doing Foreign exams as long has the school accepts WAEC..Thanks bro...You've got a PM
that's nice..replied your personal message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
House, how's Southern Arkansas Uni., redflag or greenflag ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by timodam4real: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
Please My school is presently on strike and am finding it difficult to get my statement of result as well as my transcript, I however have a scanned copy. Gurus in the house, will it be advisable for me to carry it to the embassy and present it when am asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
ferguson1: stevecrun you have a PM
replied your PM my broda
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
Lovedecay,
Congrats n welcome on board cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
aekmanweb: House, how's Southern Arkansas Uni., redflag or greenflag ?
very good school,you can also try University of central Arkansas,they both verify waec with a scratch card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2014

transcript

V.O - why CUA
V.O - cuts in - o.k
me - GRE
V.O - do you have it
V.O - uhh huuh
V.O - what do you do
V.O - what do they do
me - yes
V.O - what

Congrats LoveDecay.....Her intercessions is ad infinitum. Dont forget her that's all she needs from you.
Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevecrun: very good school,you can also try University of central Arkansas,they both verify waec with a scratch card.
yeah, I knw that...just wnted to be sure of the sch flagship..LoL grin
stevecrun: very good school,you can also try University of central Arkansas,they both verify waec with a scratch card.
yeah, I knw that...just wnted to be sure of the sch flagship..LoL

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.