Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453539 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
Replied all your mails,those who sent me a mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
babyoriss: Interview Transcript:

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Fine
VO: Why Faulkner University?
Me: Since I have intention of studying in United states of America, and would to choose a school that will suite my educational aspiration
VO: Cut, How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3, Faulkner University, Ohio State University and Oklahoma Central University
(He didn't even asked of how many admitted me)
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a business man, he is the CEO/MD ***** Global Service LTD, they are into importation of industrial machine such as industrial drilling machine, Industrial Weaving Machine
VO: Cut; Do you have his SOA?
Me: Yes
VO: Can I have it?
Me: I passed it over to him and he glance through it for some moment
VO: Did you write any standardize test?
Me: Yes, I wrote SAT
VO: Can I see the result?
Me: I passed it over to him (He went through the result)
VO Thanks for applying but I will have to deny your visa application for now but you can reapply and handed me blue paper.

My lecturers here on NL, please advise on where I will have to improve because I will be going back by September. Thank you all!

Try to reapply.. If i may ask... What brought about your intention to study in the US?.. You can't just say "since i have intentions of studying in the U.S".. if it's that easy then everyone's intention is also to study in U.S. grin

Better ways is to talk about the quality of the school, rank, Student:Faculty ratio and so on.

What will be will be... Pray and apply again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
Idazbawz: just your passport number

shikehnah
yo, do you ever come to yabatech? i live around there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mjseun: undecided

Was there today but not ready! Was told to wait for email/sms before coming.
me too. I got there around 1:30pm. I got same response. They said I should wait for their e-mail.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
bartino: thanks bro that's like a blast in my brain so guess I use the grubber and kaplan as stated? I don't mend taking the test by November hope I can meet up.

The time you plan to write your standardized tests largely depends on application deadlines. What session do you plan to apply?

As for the GRE, i wrote mine last week. My scores were not impressive, i plan to rewrite it. Would also share my experience as soon as possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
genxris: I give God almighty the glory for granting me my visa today at abuja embassy, I also thank each and everyone of u for ur contribution to this wonderful forum.
I used NL travel forum as my companion in my preparation even though I hardly comment I follow this forum religiously .
Note. I was delayed at d Lagos visa twice in 2012 so I reinforced and came back and got it today.
Nothing exceptional was asked after I have crammed different grammars and statements to make.
Here is my encounter
Vo. What r u goin to do in d united states?
Me. Am going for my graduate studies?
Vo. What major?
Me. Biz admin and mgt
Vo. What's name of skol
Me. Florida a & m
Vo. Have u ever travelled out of d county b4?
Me. No
Vo. (Presses d computer for sometime and say) so u work?
Me. Yes
Vo. Were do u work?
Me. I work as a .... With d ministry of bla bla bla owerri , imo state
Vo. How much is ur salary
Me. Told her
Vo. Who will be paying for ur studies?
Me. I have partial scholarship and my uncle will be paying for d rest
Vo. What does he do?
Me. He is a civil engineer and has his own engineering firm
Vo. Can I see his statements? (I gave her,she looks at it and see it is a american bank).. So your sponsor lives in the Us?
Me. Yes
Vo. ( Ask me to give her a minute and goes away with d papers and after about 15minutes) ( then na only me and d security man remain for d whole hall cos everyone has left... I use d opportunity to remind baba God that na only me waka come Abuja but I wan waka back to east with something )
When d Vo came back she gave me back d bank stuffs and my i-20 and told me d importance of keeping it well and hen told me those magical words and gave me d ticket to come pick the visa on friday.

If u have tried before and failed please don't give up if u really desire to go study in the states, prepare well, comit it to God and try again.
congrat bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
godG:

Nah... Lafia. cheesy The light for here sef no dey charge fone most time.
na wao so lite 4 dere neva still get head.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
tommgirl: I miss you too my dear,i just dey observe here nin,will soon go get my visa in JN,ur prayer will work 4me dis time grin Hw Amelika,no cheat on ur hubby o(Idabwaz) or else i go disown u as my paddy nin o,i hope u neva stop dat bicycle,i never ask u to ooo grin
good luck girl, you will get it this time

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
bbdd: Pls does wes verify certificate too?

Because they just sent me an email that they want to verify my certificate. Or rather statement of result which I submitted

yes they do. send them photocopy of your certificate asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
goldenchic: I used agent before I came who duped me. Chose rubbish sch for me collect 57k for visa fee, 30k for counselling for visa, 55k for Sevis fee, 130k for his own charges, paid for bank statements, added extra 60k to my sch fees. Its well babes
haaaaaa, chaii this agent work sweet ooo. but wait you said the agent said you should await the email. it means you guys are still rolling. it is well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
donpapachi: na wao so lite 4 dere neva still get head.

I'm telling you, my brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Datanonymous: 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hello house, please how do I go about WES evaluation of my transcript? Whats the process like pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
danjanija sup.......pls im eager to hear ur gre trancript

and also u got mail smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chars1289: 12:17am On Jul 25, 2014
ridimic1: danjanija sup.......pls im eager to hear ur gre trancript

and also u got mail smiley
we full ground bro...we dey wait

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 1:19am On Jul 25, 2014
Datanonymous: Hello house, please how do I go about WES evaluation of my transcript? Whats the process like pls?
just go to Wes website read carefully follow d instructions,package ur transcript and send to them,then pay d required fee on d website.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:27am On Jul 25, 2014
zeezahbee: haaaaaa, chaii this agent work sweet ooo. but wait you said the agent said you should await the email. it means you guys are still rolling. it is well
wetin I wan do. if not for Slimmy dat helped me, me no sabi anything at all. it was the last minute I joined dis thread, me wey finished with correct result and school go choose Liberty. Mschew i am transfering to correct school in usa ooo.afta i done paid owo mugu finished my sister too late.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:31am On Jul 25, 2014
Idazbawz: yours is better....
I paid 350k to my agent (who no sabi shimgbain)...
I eventually used my money, about 200k to start d application(TOEFL, SAT, sending those results, bachel tutorials, Courier mailing, application fee--2times, SEVIS fee and visa fee--3 times... till I acquired my visa...

I've spent roughly 600k on acquiring my visa... shocked
But all is well sha....
the yeye man con tell me say make he book flight for me. Mschew
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:38am On Jul 25, 2014
Idazbawz: abi naww grin
gbogbo aye! See as ur room be like 5star hotel for naija grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Topiipii(m): 2:01am On Jul 25, 2014
Wow! Just spent the better part of three hrs reading through almost 40 pages of typical NL e-fight (quite unusual I might add). I'm very glad everything is settled now, but I have one question: Knowing the importance of this thread to newbies, would anyone here gladly refer any newbie to part5 knowing fully well what lies in wait for that person?
I believe it would be a form of torture to refer pple to this part in the future and expect them to read through the said comments/posts; the comments I've had to read last night/this morning do not in anyway contribute to the goal of this thread and should be removed for the sake of future members.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:33am On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=genxris]I give God almighty the glory for granting me my visa today at abuja embassy, I also thank each and everyone of u for ur contribution to this wonderful forum.
I used NL travel forum as my companion in my preparation even though I hardly comment I follow this forum religiously .
Note. I was delayed at d Lagos visa twice in 2012 so I reinforced and came back and got it today. Am so happy 4u. Congratulations genxris. May God almighty go with u.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:52am On Jul 25, 2014
Pls ao much is d visa fee. Ao do 1 go abt d paymt nd pik date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 5:53am On Jul 25, 2014
goldenchic: wetin I wan do. if not for Slimmy dat helped me, me no sabi anything at all. it was the last minute I joined dis thread, me wey finished with correct result and school go choose Liberty. Mschew i am transfering to correct school in usa ooo.afta i done paid owo mugu finished my sister too late.
you can transfer in spring, so start applying once you land. good luck and dont contact that so call agent again

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:01am On Jul 25, 2014
please o bosses,
i paid my sevis fee to a guy that calls himself an agent but he has refused to pay the fee for about ten days now.
pls can someone tell me the full process i will have to go through to pay the fee at cotonu.and will it reflect immediately i pay?coz my interview date is very close.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amanze15(m): 7:30am On Jul 25, 2014
Idazbawz: abi naww grin
pls what's the name of ur school?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chars1289: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2014
decreamaster: please o bosses,
i paid my sevis fee to a guy that calls himself an agent but he has refused to pay the fee for about ten days now.
pls can someone tell me the full process i will have to go through to pay the fee at cotonu.and will it reflect immediately i pay?coz my interview date is very close.thanks
I can be of help.hve someone dt can hlp u in the states....PM me....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:01am On Jul 25, 2014
steve4ever: Pls ao much is d visa fee. Ao do 1 go abt d paymt nd pik date

27,200.. Go to any gtb bank around ikeja axis with your passport and money
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:06am On Jul 25, 2014
decreamaster: please o bosses,

Visit fmjfee.com, fill the form i901 online, after which you get a coupon number.. Print it out and go with it to the western union office at seme to make payment.. The steps are on the site.. Easy to understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 8:28am On Jul 25, 2014
DanjaNinja:

The time you plan to write your standardized tests largely depends on application deadlines. What session do you plan to apply?

As for the GRE, i wrote mine last week. My scores were not impressive, i plan to rewrite it. Would also share my experience as soon as possible.
I plan to apply for the spring 2015 session but the school I am putting in for dont need GRE for the Ms am interested in but it's cos of embassy issues.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by richard4ssky: 8:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Please house I have a bsc in accounting and I am
going for master in public administration hope the
VO we not complain about the switch of
course....please ur advice is needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 8:49am On Jul 25, 2014
honeyad:

Go with an ID card, go with the paper you have with you.. You might not be required to write your passport number tho.. But try go with an ID card
none of these are required sire! The pick up slip is meant for a proxy-- if someone else is picking the visa on your behalf...

I.D card is not required also.
The only required thing is your name and passport number..
Lobatan!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2014
coobboy:
yo, do you ever come to yabatech? i live around there
serzly? I've been living I'm unilag hostel...
I used to stroll to yabatech weh weh....

How's yaba treating you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 8:56am On Jul 25, 2014
goldenchic: gbogbo aye! See as ur room be like 5star hotel for naija grin
grin I dey find squatters tho... come, make I squat you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.