Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453800 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
davidgunther:

I doubt you will be allowed to take local herbs to the states but you can opt for the modernized herbs in capsule form.
thanks Bro. Please is it true that international student can apply for financial aid by second year?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
davidgunther:

I doubt you will be allowed to take local herbs to the states but you can opt for the modernized herbs in capsule form.

I think he can..

But it must be dried, no water.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
unnamdi79: thinking of deferring my admission till spring...

I doubt if this is possible since you are already there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
unnamdi79:

Sorry about your ordeal. Two lessons to be learned there.
1. Never ever fly ARIK airlines if you wanna fly international. They will do all sorts of monkey business that might eventually cause you to be delayed or even miss your flight entirely. This is like the 3rd time I'm hearing about these kinds of rubbish about them
2. If possible, try and limit the number of stop-overs next time you travel international. They tend to disorientate people (at least, I can speak for myself) and also a ton of things could go wrong. That was how Royal Air Maroc left fideliajohn's baggage in Casablanca for like a month and they wanted to pay her a pittance ($300) for the bag when they thought the bag was lost.

About the deferral issue, do not defer your admission except you plan on returning to Nigeria. Once you defer your admission and you are not enrolled in college, then you have to return to your home country. Or else, you will infringe on the conditions of your F1 visa. Deferment without leaving the country will make you run afoul of the laws and getting your I-20 and SEVIS records reinstated is gonna be like getting a camel to pass through an eye of a needle.

What you can do is set up a payment plan. Some schools can allow you pay 40-50% upfront and then pay the rest before you register for the next semester. Some schools might not even ask you to pay anything before you start class, but you must pay it before finals. I think one Naija guy did that. I don't remember.

All the best. And congrats on your safe trip smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
gurus. Please who knows any university that offers full tuition scholarship for transfer students?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
li2pac1717: Gurus. Please is it permitted to take our local herbs to USA?
You can. So far its in a transparent bottle and it is not liquid. But if you pass through LAX, you might not be lucky. I've heard bad tales about that airport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 8:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
MsNas:
You can. So far its in a transparent bottle and it is not liquid. But if you pass through LAX, you might not be lucky. I've had bad tales about that airport.
thanks Sis.... grin
MsNas:
You can. So far its in a transparent bottle and it is not liquid. But if you pass through LAX, you might not be lucky. I've had bad tales about that airport.
thanks Sis....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
li2pac1717: thanks Bro. Please is it true that international student can apply for financial aid by second year?

Federal financial aid? Nope International students are ineligible to apply for federal financial aid like PELL grants and loans. However, it just depends on your school. They might have something like departmental scholarship or honors scholarship (if you have a GPA ranging from 3.5 or above I guess). Not all schools have aid for international students so make sure you check their website or contact international admissions of your desired college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
davidgunther:

Federal financial aid? Nope International students are ineligible to apply for federal financial aid like PELL grants and loans. However, it just depends on your school. They might have something like departmental scholarship or honors scholarship (if you have a GPA ranging from 3.5 or above I guess). Not all schools have aid for international students so make sure you check their website or contact international admissions of your desired college.
thanks Bro. I will also be joining you in Obamaland by next week by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
Does anyone here have the embassy's contact email address? Amefrica, I remember you posted it in part 6 but the data loss has wiped it off. Do post it again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
Graviton2: Does anyone here have the embassy's contact email address? Amefrica, I remember you posted it in part 6 but the data loss has wiped it off. Do post it again.
LagosNIV@state.gov
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
Graviton2: Does anyone here have the embassy's contact email address? Amefrica, I remember you posted it in part 6 but the data loss has wiped it off. Do post it again.
or Consularabuja@state.gov
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
stevecrun: Blings eye like a frog,blinks eye like a gay..

Those statements on your transcript made me laugh out loud bro..

Which visa officer interview u?Which cubicle?

Your interview was okay,but u were not composed..
Me,i do like say i no send the visa yesterday,my left elbow on the window slab,i was then waving my right hand while explaining with my starched designer shirt.

Apply again bro,print the main college board test page and don't skip pages..Hope u did not state on your ds160 that your're still in school in Nigeria?
pls whc result are u talking about nd whc test page cus i only hav one sheet of paper as my SAT RESUlt. Xplain pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by li2pac1717: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
steve4ever: pls whc result are u talking about nd whc test page cus i only hav one sheet of paper as my SAT RESUlt. Xplain pls
may be he's referring to the full summary of the score. You can print it on your collegeboard account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
li2pac1717: or Consularabuja@state.gov

Thank you. Appreciate it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
unnamdi79: It wasn't easy..I left for abuja on staurday with abc...got to abj @ 6:00 or so.I was meant to stay in a hotel but my uncle offered to help me out so I stayed with him..On sunday by 12:30,we left for the airport.I flew arik to lagos..I had excess luggage so I paid for it #3500.My uncle was like,I don't like this Flight itinerary ..he has a friend in dakar cus my flight was from abj to lagos den to dakar and to washington...he gave me his friends number in dakar.We left for lagos from abj,our flight was delayed for hours.We got to lagos and my flight to dakar was scheduled for 8:30 but it was moved to 7:45..Meanwhile arik forgot my baggage at abuja and I was at the baggage services making complaints,*my time just dey waste*I did the check in and den rushed off to immigration..I was telling pple I was gonna miss my flight so evryone just gave me chance..after err'thing,we were settled for the flight but by 9pm nothing was happening and d told us we were gonna leave by 11pm...most of us had connecting flights to US....by 11pm..nothing was working and by 12:30 we started boarding. meanwhile my flight to washington from dakar was for 2:15 am..We got to dakar by 4:00am and I realised my flight to DC had left,I was stranded,nobdody,no money,couldn't understand their language..a man gave me his phone and stayed with me at the restaurant till morning,I tipped him 20 dollars and he was bent on taking everything I got* God punish the devil*..He was yelling at me to tell my family to bring money for him..Luckily,I got the number my uncle gave me and he came to my rescue,he spoke french,we called my mum I'm maryland and she sent in money via western union and we cashed it,went to south african airways to make a penalty for missing the flight and that will enable me get on the next flight,the told us to wait till 10:30pm...we called arik and they insisted we should make the penalty and they were gonna refund me.10:30pm we made the penalty,got the ticket and boarded by 2:15am...got to DC by 6:45am...I just thank God for sending a helper,u never wanna experience such in your life(a country where u don't understand their language)...thank God I'm in maryland,chilling and eating chicken like never before...meant to report in school on 4th august but there's no money on me...(God help me again)..thinking of deferring my admission till spring...

Wow!
Thank God you finally arrived.
Hope you were not delayed at POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
Idazbawz: went to Emirates head office at lekki to book a flight.... my flight is gon' takeoff 28th Aug. and touchdown JFK NY on 29th.. anyone travelling this time?? I'm really looking for a travel partner

The Countdown begins... grin
I'm jetting out on the 21st... Landing first in Miami(possibly spend a night grin) and taking a bus to Daytona.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

The Countdown begins... grin
I'm jetting out on the 21st... Landing first in Miami(possibly spend a night grin) and taking a bus to Daytona.
cool. Miami is nice. have been there before.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
@Stewee, are u travelling alone or with somebody?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
MsNas: unnamdi79:

Sorry about your ordeal. Two lessons to be learned there.
1. Never ever fly ARIK airlines if you wanna fly international. They will do all sorts of monkey business that might eventually cause you to be delayed or even miss your flight entirely. This is like the 3rd time I'm hearing about these kinds of rubbish about them
2. If possible, try and limit the number of stop-overs next time you travel international. They tend to disorientate people (at least, I can speak for myself) and also a ton of things could go wrong. That was how Royal Air Maroc left fideliajohn's baggage in Casablanca for like a month and they wanted to pay her a pittance ($300) for the bag when they thought the bag was lost.

About the deferral issue, do not defer your admission except you plan on returning to Nigeria. Once you defer your admission and you are not enrolled in college, then you have to return to your home country. Or else, you will infringe on the conditions of your F1 visa. Deferment without leaving the country will make you run afoul of the laws and getting your I-20 and SEVIS records reinstated is gonna be like getting a camel to pass through an eye of a needle.

What you can do is set up a payment plan. Some schools can allow you pay 40-50% upfront and then pay the rest before you register for the next semester. Some schools might not even ask you to pay anything before you start class, but you must pay it before finals. I think one Naija guy did that. I don't remember.

All the best. And congrats on your safe trip smiley

Arik is cool regionally but anything outside Africa is a No No!
Intending passengers beware!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
Joenice: @Stewee, are u travelling alone or with somebody?

I'm alone!!! sad
Havnt found a travel companion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

I'm alone!!! sad
Havnt found a travel companion.
look for one, man and enjoy ur trip. drink more expensive wines and eat chicken, fish and vegetables.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
Joenice: cool. Miami is nice. have been there before.

I've heard. smiley
Better come again soon so we can both go hunt for one of those Kadarshian gurls grin

Zeezabee is preparing egusi soup for too many guys already. tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

I've heard. smiley
Better come again soon so we can both go hunt for one of those Kadarshian gurls grin

Zeezabee is preparing egusi soup for too many guys already. tongue
that babe too funny. i think she's cool. you and i cannot fish together. u see how u r teaching me bad things. smiley u wanna spoil me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
Joenice: look for one, man and enjoy ur trip. drink more expensive wines and eat chicken, fish and vegetables.

I'll try!
I already have two road trips scheduled. grin
Its quite disappointing no one is going for pilot training. Everybody college!!!
Arnt you guys tired of College?
LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
Joenice: that babe too funny. i think she's cool. you and i cannot fish together. u see how u r teaching me bad things. smiley u wanna spoil me?

Lmao
Zeezabee is awesome.
I'm not teaching you anything you havnt learnt before.
...ur so spoilt, you stink!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

I'll try!
Its quite disappointing no one is going for pilot training. Everybody college!!!
LOL
yep, u gotto eat up, man. for me, i try to make friends with air hostess, so that they'll bring me food whenever i wanna eat. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
Joenice: yep, u gotto eat up, man. for me, i try to make friends with air hostess, so that they'll bring me food whenever i wanna eat. cheesy

Mehn I'm cutting down on calories...
Wana go back to 75kg...im hitting 85kg at the moment.
I'm sure gonna hit on those hostess. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
steve4ever: pls whc result are u talking about nd whc test page cus i only hav one sheet of paper as my SAT RESUlt. Xplain pls
have the full summary clearly explaining your individual scores.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
Joenice: yep, u gotto eat up, man. for me, i try to make friends with air hostess, so that they'll bring me food whenever i wanna eat. cheesy
but bro,you sabi good life ooo..It's never going to be boring having someone like you as a seat partner on a long flight..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

I'll try!
LOL
this days everybody wants to be in the arts or sciences in a college.

Bro,nobody wants to be a pilot again..cos of the number of big birds either dropping from the skies or just getting lost to God knows where.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

Mehn I'm cutting down on calories...
Wana go back to 75kg...im hitting 85kg at the moment.
I'm sure gonna hit on those hostess. grin
hit on them and u will thank me later. men love food. na so one ask me, are you related to DMX, i said yeah, whats up, any problem? cheesy the man sitting beside me was just laughing.... grin omo see food everywhere. she was giving me food as if tomorrow no dey. cheesy
Ur journey to America begins once u r on the plane. So take note of this. But don't lie if ur speaking does not sound cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.