Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453620 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Stewee: Heading To Florida Today...
Showers of Blessings for Me grin

Flights for 2:10pm.
Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks to all that have helped to this point. I'm appreciate it!!!

Safe Journey bro!
Join you soon..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:13am On Aug 21, 2014
domex007:

Safe Journey bro!
Join you soon..

Thanks Son! smiley
If await!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 21, 2014
wiseman2392: Gud morning, people in d house, I appreciate all your effort in this forum, pls I am a chemistry graduate, I need students in USA doing chemistry masters or PhD. I need you people to direct me pls. I Will really appreciate this. At the same time am trying to browse some schools that offer chemistry, although I could see some but the program is very important as I wud like to go for organic course. The professor I talked to said he is not an organic professor at etsu. Pls how can u be of help to me. Your response is highly welcome. Thanks

PhD in chemistry at good schools might require a subject test for assistantship
Inquire about that

Many schools offer chemistry at graduate level
Use a Web directory like msinus.com, grad café to get more info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2014
laura2014: Hello House?

I am here again, I have followed my instinct and went for my interview today but this time in Abuja it's my third time. Am sure if u remember my story of changing sponsor.

Well here is the transcript
VO. How are u?
Me am good you?

Vo why are u going to the USA?
Me to get master degree in accounting.

Vo why UIs
Me after extensive research. UIS is 2nd in ranking out of all regional uni in 12 state of mid west region. Has high faculty ratio.

Vo cut in how many schools u applied too
Me 3. I named them

Vo why UIs outta the 3
Me UIs has the best curriculum that suits my career at the moment n a new course introduced last year fall that made me finally drop the other 2

Vo what course is that
Me ACC 511 accounting research n financial analysis. Just introduced fall of last year. Would be the 2nd set.

Vo nods head. Do u write gre? Or toefl
Me I could love to write gre but I sent my htranscript so was exempted! I wrote toefl

Vo can I see
Me gave him printed copy with username n password. Told her score sheet is not available but she could confirm with my username n password.

Vo no need. Vo
Why did u write ur toefl in the uk?
Me I wrote it cos all centers in naija was down @ that time fortunately was in the uk for hols last December.

Vo who is ur sponsor? Now remember my case of two sponsor
Told her my dad n my uncle but uncle is primary sponsor. He is ceo bla bla n I have hjis docs n financial statement with ref letter.

Vo lemme see

Then was mute for about 30seconds.
I cannot make a decision yet
Ur sevis fee isn't paid. Told her have paid but the school changed my sevis # wen they sent me new I20. She said I haveto contct school or pay another.

She gave me a white form (AP) told me they will call me. I left but gave me mhy passport n held my statement(its original tho with over 5m from my uncle) also held my ds160 form n I left.

Please what's happening? Can someone advice me :? What do I do? Am about to send the copy of the ap to the school cos it's there sevis fee not paid for m.

Pls everybody. Need advice. Am loosing it. Account n reference letter is real issued from the bank. So am not scared even if VO wants to go n confirm in heaven.

But am restless m need some advice plss

Miss Laura, I must say you are a relentless fighter, you have never feared anything, there is no point loosing it now that you have almost crossed the finish line.
I advice you pray and fast well. Offer sacrifices to God who has brought you this far and He won't disappoint you.
The VO just need to be sure you have paid your SEVIS fee and to be sure they need to contact your school.
About your bank statement, you have nothing to fear since its legit.
Congrats in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2014
Did you bother to check your email before you sent me another PM?
ultrazone:
Strange Works!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by homu88: 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
What is it with the recent trend in administrative processing at the embassy..? esp for F1 visas...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
homu88: What is it with the recent trend in administrative processing at the embassy..? esp for F1 visas...
Depending on your documents and response during the interview, so every case remains different. The Embassy would approve your visa, if they're satisfied with their background work. But they do approve visas for most of the AP status. Hope I answered your question properly. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Shidoshi/Jchi9876..

Don't be surprised how I got to know you were the one that
sent me that threatening-email. I'm glad to let you know, the
SSS are on your case and you'll be smoked out soon. I have a
lot of evidences that I've provided to them and they are
trailing you!

You just used your mouth to write a check, your gayey a'ss
can't cash.

Next time, you don't mess with an intellectual..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by electronic(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
Amefrica: Shidoshi/Jchi9876..

trailing you!

can't cash.

OnPoint!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
Feexo: BigFrancis, Yes, I took the Greyhound and we spent around 17 hours to get to Chicago with stop-overs in: Columbus, Ohio; Cleveland, Ohio and Indiana. I later took the Amtrak train- 3 hours- to my school.

MsNas, thanks for the support sis! I am presently with a group of Nigeria guys in a Western Illinois as I am typing this. In fact, I was picked at the train station by 2 Naija girls. These are all wonderful people...
I sent an email to that prof 5 minutes ago and he replies immediately telling me to come and see him tomorrow by 1:30 pm. I will update you in due course.

Glory be to God for the journey mercy and its good to hear from you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
wiseman2392: Gud morning, people in d house, I appreciate all your effort in this forum, pls I am a chemistry graduate, I need students in USA doing chemistry masters or PhD. I need you people to direct me pls. I Will really appreciate this. At the same time am trying to browse some schools that offer chemistry, although I could see some but the program is very important as I wud like to go for organic course. The professor I talked to said he is not an organic professor at etsu. Pls how can u be of help to me. Your response is highly welcome. Thanks

Nice course... PM Oga imperiouxx about that and he will give you more details on that cos he studied either Biochemistry or chemistry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Stewee: Heading To Florida Today...
Showers of Blessings for Me grin

Flights for 2:10pm.
Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks to all that have helped to this point. I'm appreciate it!!!

Fare well and safe trip with journey mercy by the special grace of God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
Amefrica: Shidoshi/Jchi9876..

trailing you!

can't cash.

Funny threat message..Is this person also on NL? if yes and his ID is recent, that means its someone you know and is playing trick on you..

But watch ya back big boss and remember that enemies plenty no be small ooo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
Walspring:

Funny threat message..Is this person also on NL? if yes and his ID is recent, that means its someone you know and is playing trick on you..

But watch ya back big boss and remember that enemies plenty no be small ooo..

He's actually a nairalander! cheesy
Visit: www.nairaland.com/shidoshi you will get some hints of wah I'm talking about..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hi friends,
Pls what is the difference between scholarship and financial aid??
Does receiving any one from a school in the US boost one chances of getting the visa??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hi all, arrived safely in Omaha,Nebraska yesterday smiley. Does anyone know any naija student staying in/around UNMC? Pls link me up guys. I'm looking for a roommate. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
domex007: Hi friends,
Pls what is the difference between scholarship and financial aid??
Does receiving any one from a school in the US boost one chances of getting the visa??

They are all classified as the same thing but there is a difference between scholarship and financial aid. Scholarship is like the money/reward/funds the school give you based on your good score from either SAT/TOEFL, high school GPA, essay, application, and recommendations if you're an undergraduate or if you're a graduate student from your GRE/GMAT scores, GPA bachelors degree, LOR, Statement of purpose, etc. While financial aid is mainly like FAFSA and Spell grant for citizens/permanent resident. To some extent, getting a scholarship boosts a student chance because that makes you look serious at the face of the VO who is interviewing you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Graviton2:

My bory dey fine, but hunger hold man for neck like bow-tie grin Na God I dey look

Let me PM you, there's been a new development about that issue.
I didn't get a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by davidgunther: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Anybody schooling in Missouri? How's the atmosphere there like from the Ferguson stuff ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Anyone around California or Texas hills asap!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
A beg oh! Make una help me oh! I'm a BlackBerry lover and I have been using it since it came out. Then came the android paparazzi and I decided to belong oh! Now I don buy wahala. I subscribed with MTN and before 2 days everything waka. Please which network is good to use android? Because right now I am cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
teddyrain: A beg oh! Make una help me oh! I'm a BlackBerry lover and I have been using it since it came out. Then came the android paparazzi and I decided to belong oh! Now I don buy wahala. I subscribed with MTN and before 2 days everything waka. Please which network is good to use android? Because right now I am cry
airtel
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tunnath: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Is it compulsory that I should write all the english test (iefls,toefls etc) or some school don't need that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 10:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
tunnath: Is it compulsory that I should write all the english test (iefls,toefls etc) or some school don't need that?
just one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
MsNas:
I didn't get a PM

Sent again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
stevecrun: airtel
how much 2 subscribe way go reach me a month ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
teddyrain: how much 2 subscribe way go reach me a month ?
The ANDROID Bundle...dial *437# to get 2GB at N2000 for 30 FULL days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 12:37am On Aug 22, 2014
Any Nigerian close to lufkin or nacogdoches in Texas? Hola at me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:21am On Aug 22, 2014
Amefrica,

so you even know who sent you the hate mail? Did you guys have a run-in before this whole episode?

Anyway, it has been established that heathy beef is a good source of protein. Just grill, chow down and digest, mister grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 22, 2014
Hello guys...
Does anyone know any good school with funding for masters in computer science...
I may sound lazy frm my post bt please, I just want to know if someone can offer a piece of
info that wl do me well...
Thanks

Nice work u guys r doing on this thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501)

Travelling To Canada / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.