Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites? (2132 Views)

Is Dogara this Disorganised? {See Photo} / “I Am Too Disciplined To Stoop So Low” – Orubebe Denies Plotting To Kidnap Jega / GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites? by Nobody: 3:26am On Oct 18, 2013
I came across a question on Yahoo! Answers that asked "Do you think Black people have more of a VIOLENT tendency (be honest)?"

The top chosen answer was this one:

[b]Yes - Look at Africa, an entire continent governed and inhabited by blacks. It is in a constant state of war, famine, extreme poverty, disease, murder, rape, assault and chaos. It is the poorest continent on the planet and lacks basic public services.

Then look at Haiti - a sovereign island nation with little outside influence governed and inhabited by blacks. It is full of violence, murder, rape, assault, corruption, extreme poverty and chaos. It is the poorest nation on the planet and lacks basic public services.

Then look at Detroit, a city in the US with the highest percentage of blacks in the nation. 82% of the residents are black. It is the most violent city in the United States and in the top-ten most violent cities in the world, after Baghdad, Iraq, despite firearms being illegal in the city. It is full of gangs, violence, murder, rape, drugs, prostitution, extreme poverty and chaos. It is one of the poorest cities in the country (Detroit just declared bankruptcy and is $18 billion in debt).

Every place that blacks inhabit, they turn into a cesspool of violent crime and barbarism.[/b]

Very telling and distressing reading to any Black with any scintilla of pride. I count myself one of those with honour in roots and colour but have to agree that most of the above is true. Don't agree? Give his (her?) points a bit more thought:

1. Indeed the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere is Haiti. It gained independence in 1804 and has the largest population of the Caribbean islands. It has close geographical and economic proximity to the richest nation on earth. However, people and country are mostly known for human and natural catastrophes, more the former than the latter. If you would for a second think that perhaps Haiti is in some way hampered by their natural disasters then give a second to think about Japan. This small country of many Islands does not have any significant natural resource, has had and survived numerous natural disasters and remains the only nation to have had an atomic bomb dropped on it. Yet, it now consistently remains on the list of the richest and most stable nations in the world.

2. Detroit, Michigan, is the most populous Black city in the US. 82% of it’s 800,000 people are Black. It is disorganised, has poor social order and amenities and consistently makes the top five of the most dangerous cities in the US.
*The city with the highest murder rate in 2012 (Detroit came second) is Flint, also in Michigan. Flint is 60% Black by population*

As if it’s violent reputation was not “gangsta” enough, Detroit recently gained the singular honour of becoming the very first city in the US to declare bankruptcy. I have trawled through the comments section of a lot of online articles about this subject and there is no prize in guessing who or what Whites think is the issue behind what made Detroit fail.

3. Black Africa is an enigma. You don’t have to live and/or work in the West to painfully accept that the three brushes that always paint the picture of “Africa south of the Sahara” in Western media are those of war, poverty and disease. If you are of the predisposition to blame colonialism for one or more of the three, consider Liberia and Ethiopia:

Liberia was founded by freed slaves from America in 1847. It was never colonised. Ethiopia’s history as a nation is the oldest in Africa and stretches right back to the second century AD. Addis Ababa became it’s capital in 1889! Italy tried and failed to invade Ethiopia in 1895. It thus, too, was never colonised.
*I realise that Ethiopia is not in geographical Black Africa. However, it is nonetheless counted as a Black nation*

The two countries never experienced colonialism and yet, whenever you think of their history, two things come to mind: absolute senseless war in the case of Liberia and endless, recurrent famine for Ethiopia. Today, Liberia suffers not only the embarrassment of it's history but also that of having a former leader being tried (in The Hague), found guilty and imprisoned (in England) by foreigners for organising the murder of thousands of his OWN people.
*While Africans keep complaining that the International Criminal Court at The Hague only seems to try African leaders, most or all of these cases were referred to the court by Africans themselves*
Despite it’s long history and having a population that is the second highest in Africa after Nigeria, the only positive thing Ethiopia is best known for is long distance running! To say that that is a shame is a gross understatement.
I could go on to discuss South Africa in the context of it’s Black crime rate pre- and post-apartheid but that would take us into “somebody, abeg make una summarise plz” territory.

Nigeria? What can I say? What example can I give that hasn’t already been said or written?

So what do you think? Are we more violent? More disorganised? Unlikely to ever develop as the White Western world has done and continues to do? If so, why? Can we ever change? Will Lagos or Johannesburg ever have the low crime rates of Zurich, Tokyo or Portland? Will we ever be so organised as Umuahia to have a fully (24/7) functional, effective, underground rail system?
Re: Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites? by DuduNegro: 4:22am On Oct 18, 2013
We must turn this question around.

Are whites less driven about life?
Are whites less resilient to the challenges of nature?
Are whites less immune to environmental hazards?
Are whites easily intimidated and fearful of a black person?
Are whites more likely to surrender and give up on life than to endure through adversities?
Re: Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites? by Coldfaya(m): 6:05am On Oct 18, 2013
Seriously without trying to b sentimental, I think there's something seriously wrong with the black race. Self destruction seems to be our think. Let's be honest. But that doesn't mean we r not a good ppl. We just need to find a way to mk things work for ourselves
Re: Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites? by harkingholar: 6:12am On Oct 18, 2013
Yes !....9ja tells the tale
Re: Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites? by 9jii(m): 7:30am On Oct 18, 2013
Yes ,its one of the truth you can't tell.
just like gay issue or women and leadership.

But may be some truth should better be untold
for the sake of living
Re: Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:
Are whites less driven about life?
Are whites less resilient to the challenges of nature?
Are whites less immune to environmental hazards?
Are whites easily intimidated and fearful of a black person?
Are whites more likely to surrender and give up on life than to endure through adversities?

No. That is why they are ahead.
No. Whites have done more to adapt to the natural environment around them than we have.
Ditto
Yes. Because statistically speaking, a Black person is more likely to rob or kill you.
No. Look at Germany and what they have done since they were defeated in 1945. Also see example of Japan I gave above.

(1) (Reply)

Hafiz "Saka" Oyetoro Turns Dwn President Jonathan Appointment Offer. / What We Lost, Which We Needs! / Tony Tetuila Declares For Kwara State House Of Assembly Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.