Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,835 members, 7,798,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 (6578 Views)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup - (0 - 2) On 29th October 2013 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2 - 1) On 27th October 2013 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 26th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by luvola(m): 9:40am On Oct 18, 2013
Alan Pardew has challenged his Newcastle team to make a statement about the destiny of their season as they attempt to right two horrific wrongs.

The Magpies face in-from Liverpool at St James' Park on Saturday and then head to arch-rivals Sunderland eight days later in a pair of fixtures which could provide a telling indication of their current state of health.

Six months ago, the same two clubs provided Pardew's men with the rudest of awakenings when the Black Cats made the short trip to Tyneside and against all the odds, left with a famous 3-0 victory a fortnight before the Reds doubled the dose in more than once sense in a 6-0 rout.

However, Pardew is hoping his players can gain a measure of revenge for both debacles and prove that they are far better than they appeared to be on either of those days.

He said: ''You hope so. I'd like to think it puts fire in your belly because that's what it should do.

''I have certainly got fire in my belly to get positive results and make sure they are distant memories.''

If Newcastle are to achieve the first leg of their aim, they will have to find a way to shackle Liverpool front two Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge.

Suarez was suspended for last season's encounter, in which Sturridge scored twice, but the pair have formed a formidable partnership at the start of the new campaign, prompting manager Brendan Rodgers to suggest there are not many better double-acts around.

It is a view with which Pardew agrees whole-heartedly.

He said: ''They carry a threat in front of you and in behind, which is the best threat you can have.

''If you defend deep against them, they pick it up short and particularly Suarez starts running at you and causes you all sorts of problems, yet if you play a high line, then Sturridge's pace is a problem in behind.

''It's that mixture that is probably why they are having such success. It gives a back four a problem.

''But taking all of that aside, they are also great players and that makes it doubly difficult.''

Fabricio Coloccini's absence through injury may make the process of containing the Reds' SAS strike-force that much more difficult, although Pardew is hoping that his defenders will be up to the task.

Steven Taylor, a potential replacement for Coloccini, is unlikely to have recovered in time from a hamstring problem, so Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is in line to start alongside Mike Williamson.

Meanwhile, midfielder Jonas Gutierrez has been allowed to return to his native Argentina for personal reasons.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers will takes his strongest squad of the season to Newcastle with the assertion there is plenty more to come from his side.

The second-placed Reds head to St James' Park for Saturday's early kick-off at virtually full strength.

Only playmaker Philippe Coutinho is missing as he continues his recovery from a shoulder operation as full-backs Glen Johnson and Aly Cissokho and midfielder Joe Allen all return.

''We'll arrive with our strongest squad of the season against Newcastle,'' said Rodgers.

''We'll get better as we grow together more. I go on about performance because I don't just like to get three points; I worry about playing well and playing in a certain way. That's always how I've been.

''But I can't take anything away from how we've been so far. In terms of results, we've been absolutely brilliant and this is the most competitive league in the world.

''But it shows you how much growth there is still left in the team, that we can win games 3-1 (last time out at home to Crystal Palace) and I can come away a little bit dissatisfied because of the performance.

''What I can't argue with is the work of the players, the honesty of the players, how humble they are and how willing they are to come in to train every day to be better.

''I've got a great group here that I think will get better - that's something that we aim to do, always improve.

''If we can do that and continue to win games, then of course I'll be happy.''

Not that Rodgers will be taking the Magpies lightly even if they have struggled to hit top form at home having registered a win, a draw and defeat at St James' so far.

They were 2-1 winners at Cardiff prior to the international break and the Reds boss expects them to have been lifted by that after two successive league defeats.

And he does not expect their 6-0 drubbing over the Magpies in April to give his side any advantage.

''In our game last year, we were exceptional up there in our performance level,'' he added.

''With all due respect it probably has no bearing on the game at the weekend.

''It's going to be a tough game, but we're full of confidence and real belief in the team.

''There will be even greater motivation from our perspective, because we know that Newcastle are coming off the back of a really good result at Cardiff.

''It hasn't been so easy for them at home. It's a difficult place - you've got some 50,000 really passionate supporters who demand that you play attacking football.''

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/367410/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by luvola(m): 9:41am On Oct 18, 2013
This should be a tough match match for the red side.

1 Like

Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2013
Newcastle fans go be like cool

Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
I WANT GERRARD TO SCORE ATLEAST A GOAL IN THIS MATCH, SO THAT HIS GOAL TALLY WILL REACH 100 IN THE EPL.........UP REDS....

3 Likes

Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by hurricaneChris: 9:48am On Oct 19, 2013
France united, sorie Newcastle united are goin to see the best of Lfc today. Wish Coutinho wud play this match.
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by saint047(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2013
No level for oldcastle united
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2013
Liverpool all the way
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by ibkgab001: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2013
Go liverpool
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:03am On Oct 19, 2013
I hope Newcastle Play well

Nevertheless; Its like I am the 3rd or 4th to comment ?

I know that 2014 will be "my year of overflow, Amen. The year the Kings shall call me King, in Jesus name, Amen"
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Ijawboi(m): 11:03am On Oct 19, 2013
I see Henderson scoring today
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 19, 2013
Click Like if you think Liverpool will win. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Lilaex: 11:04am On Oct 19, 2013
Toilet day worry me make I finish I day cum!
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Hackerjay(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2013
No be watch we go watch am?

Man. U fans shud Click Like
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Ezedon(m): 11:10am On Oct 19, 2013
let wait and see how the mighty falls
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by babe4wealth(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2013
FT
NEW 3-2 LIV
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Ositades(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2013
I give it to newcastle. Go boys.........jst saying ma mind..a draw is likely
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 19, 2013
Men and ball angry
I go pray make light no dey
I go pray make fuel no dey
I go pray make black market no sell
I go pray make sun no Shine for ppl wey dey use solar
Infact I go just pray tongue
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Coefficient(m): 11:27am On Oct 19, 2013
dimples*:
Men and ball angry

You're joking, right? Better go watch Afmag and allow your boyfriend watch soccer in peace. Or find a gossip centre.

1 Like

Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by sweetiePe(f): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2013
Liverpool would destroy Newcatle to score 3 points.
Visit www.rosyside.com/discussion.htm for more sports updates!

1 Like

Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by oyedun82(m): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2013
babe4wealth: FT
NEW 3-2 LIV
FOR YOUR DIRTY MIND

NEW CASTLE 0 v 3 LIVERPOOL
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Antell95(m): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2013
dimples*:
Men and ball angry
mtcheeew... Go back.. I told u nt to come out...
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Antell95(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2013
See people begging 4 likes *smh... Ma feasible FT scoreline.. Newcastle.2 Liverpool.1
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by kingajibola(m): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
You Will Never Walk Alone
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
We should win this though I'm not expecting another 6 - 0 thrashing. #YNWA
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by dejai99: 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
dimples*:
Men and ball angry

U go pray so teyyyyyyyy.....
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lvpool 3 Newcastle 1. Up Chelsea!!!!
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Presbulg(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
For the past few years now, LFC has been slipping up against average sides, hope today won't be one of those days. Today'll know whether LFC are contenders or pretenders.
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Lekan155: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
kai, haters full stadium today no be small sad, just wait and be serve with full dose of dissapointment angry
YNWA, YNWA YNWA YNWA
angry angry
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
Am expecting more
Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by kingajibola(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
i believe liverpool will come back and win dis match!#YNWA

1 Like

Re: Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 by Big4wig(m): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
I pray newcastle wins dem & gunners win also so we can av a clear gap on d top of d league.

#TEAMGUNNERS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tottenham Vs Manchester United (1 - 3) On Sunday 4th March 2012 / FA Cup: Birmingham Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On March 6th 2012 / Celtic vs Barcelona - UCL - (0 - 1) On 1st October 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.