Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,972 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:38 AM

Social Media And Brand Building….the Chivita Example - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Social Media And Brand Building….the Chivita Example (661 Views)

OMG! See What Was Found In A Chivita Juice Drink. Photos / Contaminated Chivita Active Fruit Juice? / Strange Particles Found In Chivita Orange Pineapple Fruit Juice (Rumor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media And Brand Building….the Chivita Example by eodejai: 9:58am On Oct 18, 2013
Keen examination of the trend in marketing initiatives will easily reveal that social media is developing as an important avenue for companies to build brands. The ascendance of social media rests on three fundamental human relationship values namely the self-expression it engenders through product education, its ability to share information with friends and the attention it generates through word of mouth. More importantly, social media enables brands to connect with customers in a way never before possible with scale.

For instance, Chi Limited, makers of Chivita Premium fruit juice, entered the Nigerian market nearly three decades ago. During the period, the company worked hard to earn consumers' loyalty and respect through its many flavours, promotions and campaigns. Along the way, Chivita became a household name. Nonetheless, the brand is set to grow bigger with its adoption of social media for brand building. Chivita Premium has a Facebook page that is growing daily and is full of action. The overwhelming response to the daily tips on Healthy & Natural Living by visitors to the page has resulted in over 70,000 clicks on the Like button within the short period of its introduction.
In addition, thousands of visitors to the site engage in lively discussions on their daily experience with the brand.

A brand’s equity depends on two things: the level of awareness it commands among consumers in its category and how positive the consumer is about what they know about the brand as perceived by its image.
With comments like “Chivita Premium is the best and original juice in Nigeria” and “I love Chivita, my day is incomplete without a taste of the orange flavour” by some visitors to the page, it becomes easier to appreciate the premium value of the Chivita brand.

Stanley Omeokwe, a follower of the Chivita Premium Page had this to say about the brand: “I have tasted all the flavours in Chivita. The flavours are incomparable with the flavours in other juices. Thumbs up!!!” another follower of the page, Promise Ozioma, said “I cherish Chivita so much because it is so nourishing.” The page parades several one liners like “nice,” “I feel good drinking Chivita,” “my best juice,” or “I love my Chivita,” in addition to clicks on Like button on comments that cumulatively run into thousands.

All the way through the Chivita Premium Facebook Page timeline, Chi Limited, educates consumers through the ‘Chivita's go and do’ tips.
Examples of such tips include: “Try to get as much physical activity as you can. Skip the elevator and take the stairs, walk to the supermarket instead of hunting for parking space” or “Exercise at least four days a week for 20 to 30 minutes each day. If it’s all not possible at a go, break your workouts into smaller sessions.”
Visitors to the page will also learn the health benefits of oranges from Chivita where it is disclosed that “oranges, like other citrus fruits, is an excellent source of vitamin C (provides 53.2 mg per 100 g, about 90% of DRI); Vitamin C is a powerful natural antioxidant.
Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals from the blood.” Another Chivita's go and do lesson says “Limit sugary and caffeinated beverages.”
What makes apples so great is a question that is regularly asked because of the saying that ‘one apple a day keeps the doctor away.

One of the entries on Chivita's fruit facts provides the answer to the riddle. “The soluble fibre found in apples binds with fats in the intestine, which translates into lower cholesterol levels and a healthier you.”
Chivita Premium contains no added sugar, no preservative and no added colours. Made of 100% pure juice, Chivita premium comes with the goodness of health and natural taste. It is available in three sizes of 1Litre (10 packs in a tray), 500ml (10 packs in a tray) and 250ml (24 packs in a tray). Chivita Premium Fruit Juices are a rare blend of the best of Nigerian and imported fruit juices.

Interestingly, Chivita Premium Facebook Page also rewards visitors to the page through a game known as Chivita Friendometer. A follower of the page who decides to play the game automatically gets a discount on up to 5 Chivita Premium cartons. The more friends that a player has who also like the page and the more correct answers to questions about the friends, the more the chances of the players winning prizes like iPad 2 or Samsung chat phones.

According to Managing Director of Chi Limited, Mr. Roy Deepanjan, “The need to educate consumers on the benefits of consuming 100 percent fruit juice as well as providing useful and life enhancing health tips necessitated our facebook page opening. We want to nurture long-term relationships with our consumers through the Chivita Premium Facebook Page in an engaging and mutually beneficial way”

Re: Social Media And Brand Building….the Chivita Example by Happywoman(f): 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
The amount of sugar in their products is just too high for any1 who loves his or her health. While they aim to maximise profit, the safety and health of their consumers should also be on their minds. Longetivity of the lives of their customers translate to more profits, if only they will try and see the big picture.

(1) (Reply)

Delicious News: Baked Beans Can Prevent Prostate Cancer / HELP Please, How Do I Store My Moi Moi / Where To Eat Good Oha Soup And Pounded Yam In VI?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.