Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,820 members, 7,798,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? (1801 Views)

Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by Ymodulus: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
1. To fellow ATHEIST.
Would you like your partner / girl friend to be an ATHEIST?

2. Would you like her to convert after marriage?

3. If your wife is Not an ATHEIST what will be the religion of your children?

3. Are there really female atheist in nigeria?
------------------

Now let me start by answering the question.

Personally i dont see a problem in marrying/dating a girl of any religion (as i can marry / date a gal of any religion or beliefs) however i have some preference.

1. ATHEIST GIRL.
I wud love my girlfriend / wife to be an ATheist. (Though in nigeria u hardly find female atheist ).

2. A Non -ATHEIST (Who is a good Thinker ).

3. MUSLIM GIRL (ShIa muslim is preferable)

If i cant find a female atheist i wud so much want a Muslim girl (SHIA muslim will be preferable ).

4. CHRISTIAN GIRL
lastly a christian.
For me, the chance of dating / marrying a christian is xtremely slim.

------Question 2-----
No. Her beliefs / religion is her business.

-----Question 3----
If my wife is not an Atheist. I think the children can follow their mother to her place of worship.

BUT i would not tolerate her forcing the belief on the chIldren.

Note!!: If the children accepts her belief fine. But she shud not force a belief on them no.

Even if my wife is an atheist i wont allow forcing a belief on my kids. They should however read on different religions and belief and accept theirs.

----Question 4 -----
I am yet to see one.

1 Like

Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
1. Na. Just a good thinker and a fun person. Some religious people are good thinkers. After all, God's an idea wink.

2. Question's not clear enough.

3. They'll be free to choose theirs. But I'd keep an eye out on any of them who turns Muslim. Don't want lil macbantunji's in my family tree. angry

4. There are female atheists in Nigeria. I've met just 2 though. angry

2 Likes

Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by Ymodulus: 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
aManFromMars: 1. Na. Just a good thinker and a fun person. Some religious people are good thinkers. After all, God's an idea wink.

2. Question's not clear enough.

3. They'll be free to choose theirs. But I'd keep an eye out on any of them who turns Muslim. Don't want lil macbantunji's in my family tree. angry

4. There are female atheists in Nigeria. I've met just 2 though. angry

No 2. I meant If you are aN ATHEIST and she is not would u want her to drop her religion?
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by Ymodulus: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
@aMAnFromMars.

I agree with you also on a good Thinker. I so easily trip for girls that are good in thinking wild stuffs such as religion.

Lol u are funny do u hate muslims? Well for me i so much like the Shia muslims. Cuz i see them as the reasoning type. They are good thinkers, very good thinkers. Unlike the sunni muslim. Gosh sunni muslims can b so offensive. (Most Nigerians are example).

4. Wow thats cute. I did b dying to meet one.
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by badmeat(m): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
I don't care!as long as she is a human being!angry
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by buoye1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
You can go ahead and marry all those listed above but u can't get close to a TRUE CHRISTAIN girl......What has Light got to do with Darkness??

6 Likes

Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by MrTroll(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
buoye1: You can go ahead and marry all those listed above but u can't get close to a TRUE CHRISTAIN girl......What has Light got to do with Darkness??
very interesting! I assume you guys are the 'light'?
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by texanomaly(f): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mr Troll: very interesting! I assume you guys are the 'light'?
It is actually interesting, when you consider that darkness is defined as the absence of light.

4 Likes

Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by MrTroll(m): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
texanomaly:
It is actually interesting, when you consider that darkness is defined as the absence of light.
undecided

grin
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by texanomaly(f): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mr Troll: undecided

grin
Aww...you know I love ya Mr Troll. wink
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by MrTroll(m): 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
texanomaly:
Aww...you know I love ya Mr Troll. wink
er...no oofeinsee but will I get punny if I love ya back? undecided
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by texanomaly(f): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mr Troll: er...no oofeinsee but will I get punny if I love ya back? undecided
SMH
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by MrTroll(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
texanomaly:
SMH
angry
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by texanomaly(f): 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mr Troll: angry
What did you expect? We are derailing btw...sease and desist immediately. cool
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by uzoexcel(m): 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
if i was an atheist(im nt yet but slowly approaching), i think i think i may prefer a xtian though a logical one..i neeed some1 praying for my soul constantly just in case smiley

3 Likes

Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by urcutecrush(f): 12:06am On Oct 31, 2014
Funny am a female atheist and
I thought of the same.
Y are male atheist diffuclt to come by....
As an athiest tho my chance of marryin a muslim is very slim.
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by jayriginal: 10:01am On Oct 31, 2014
urcutecrush:

Y are male atheist diffuclt to come by....

Because religious folks are in the majority.

Its actually a bit more difficult to come across a female atheist in Nigeria.

Story*
Some years back, I was having drinks with a some friends and there was a girl among us. During conversation, it was mentioned that I wasnt a church goer. She asked why and I told her that I didnt believe in God. She said "me too". Another guy also said the same thing. It turned out later that she just didnt feel like going to church not that she didnt believe. Same with the guy as well.
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by urcutecrush(f): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
jayriginal:

Because religious folks are in the majority.

Its actually a bit more difficult to come across a female atheist in Nigeria.

Story*
Some years back, I was having drinks with a some friends and there was a girl among us. During conversation, it was mentioned that I wasnt a church goer. She asked why and I told her that I didnt believe in God. She said "me too". Another guy also said the same thing. It turned out later that she just didnt feel like going to church not that she didnt believe. Same with the guy as well.
I know we are defintely goin there were we all can express our lack of religion freely.
Hopefully

2 Likes

Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by Kay17: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ymodulus:
1. To fellow ATHEIST.
Would you like your partner / girl friend to be an ATHEIST?

2. Would you like her to convert after marriage?

3. If your wife is Not an ATHEIST what will be the religion of your children?

3. Are there really female atheist in nigeria?
------------------

Now let me start by answering the question.

Personally i dont see a problem in marrying/dating a girl of any religion (as i can marry / date a gal of any religion or beliefs) however i have some preference.

1. ATHEIST GIRL.
I wud love my girlfriend / wife to be an ATheist. (Though in nigeria u hardly find female atheist ).

2. A Non -ATHEIST (Who is a good Thinker ).

3. MUSLIM GIRL (ShIa muslim is preferable)

If i cant find a female atheist i wud so much want a Muslim girl (SHIA muslim will be preferable ).

4. CHRISTIAN GIRL
lastly a christian.
For me, the chance of dating / marrying a christian is xtremely slim.

------Question 2-----
No. Her beliefs / religion is her business.

-----Question 3----
If my wife is not an Atheist. I think the children can follow their mother to her place of worship.

Note!!: If the children accepts her belief fine. But she shud not force a belief on them no.

Even if my wife is an atheist i wont allow forcing a belief on my kids. They should however read on different religions and belief and accept theirs.

----Question 4 -----
I am yet to see one.

It is misleading to suggest all atheists are thinkers and a theist is antithetical to thinking. and thinking is not a necessary quality of atheism. I think your actual aim of your OP is targetted at Freethinkers not all atheists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by asalimpo(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
"A good thinker". So atheism was the result of a process of logcal thinkg?
Yet, i've never read an atheist calling God wicked quote any contrary verse! All they qoute are verses to support their predertimined positions.

Is that good logical thinking for you?

* now quote out loud john3v16.

1 Like

Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by Sheilajohnson(f): 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2018
I have seen an atheist called God a toy car
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by hopefulLandlord: 6:39am On Sep 27, 2018
Sheilajohnson:
I have seen an atheist called God a toy car

did he give an explanation on why he called "god" that? and what's the context?
Re: NL Atheist. Male/female Wud U Marry An Atheist In Turn? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:21am On Sep 27, 2018
Ymodulus:
-----Question 3----

EPIC FAIL. YOU'RE DRUNK.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year, Religion Section! / T.B. Joshua Pack Stadium In Colombia World Cup Style / I Am Frustrated With This Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.