Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? (29451 Views)

Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health / Is Orgin Really Bad? / Why Is Coke Zero Bad For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by adconline(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Folks keep swimming in ignorance! Palm oil increases your LDL.. Keeping eating and dying!
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Moukafoam(f): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Rubyventures:

All I am saying is that Palm oil is very high in Poly saturated fats, these fats clog up the arteries. If you know this fact are you still prepared to take this risk?

Do you also know that staying with the internet reduces your life span? undecided

Red oil is the best jor, no wonder our gran fathers lived long cool
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by alons: 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
somethings too much research leads to confusion, but wait ooooooooh!!!!!! is this not the oil our forefathers used, even lived longer, and more stronger that this our generation? grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
AdimGreat: 3 posts and it's already on fp...mods una well done o
naso wwe see am ooo my sister.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Moukafoam(f): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
adconline: Folks keep swimming in ignorance! Palm oil increases your LDL.. Keeping eating and dying!

We for don hear say your people don die finish for home angry

1 Like

Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by IamSylva(m): 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
Just tell us not to eat again cry

2 Likes

Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by COOLDUN: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
All these fake researchers online nowadays, from all these bed room scientists we should stop eating so that we can live forever. You people should stop putting fears into people with all these your fake researches.

Food is not the problem of this generation, the main problem of this generation is WICKEDNESS which has made God to plague us with many diseases and sickness. If we change our characters today and embrace LOVE and TOLERANCE all these diseases and sicknesses will just vanish.

Palm oil is one of the most consumed items by our forefathers that lived many years and slept to the Lord. Tell me what we cook in our villages without palm oil and palm nuts?

Please stop all these eats and don't eat fallacies , hence we don't want to change our evil ways, let us embrace death at it comes, stop destroying God created foods please. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by olanrewajumi(m): 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
wetin person go come dey use cook now..abi na kerosene?..End time tinz
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Greatihex(m): 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
0monnakoda: Not true that is superficial Science. The subject has been well researched in Malaysia . So rather than be sensational don't be LAZY do some research
. Our fore-fathers used it and yet they lived longer and healthier than us. So, i dont see the reason for not using it.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by IamSylva(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Rubyventures:

All I am saying is that Palm oil is very high in Poly saturated fats, these fats clog up the arteries. If you know this fact are you still prepared to take this risk?
actually.. It z unrefined groundnut oil that does that
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by chinedusamson(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
As a rule of the thumb, any oil that congeals in the bottle I don't consume,

1 Like

Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by adconline(m): 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
Moukafoam:

We for don hear say your people don die finish for home angry
They are dying in droves, but cretinous species like you blame it on witches and wizards... Also your govt does not keep score of folks dying.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by adconline(m): 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Greatihex: . Our fore-fathers used it and yet they lived longer and healthier than us. So, i dont see the reason for not using it.
1 out of 100k grand fathers survived, millions died b4 age 1
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Cholesterol which has such a bad reputation is required to produce testosterone and other hormones. The whole issue is one of Balance.Like anything in life excess could be harmful. Regarding the tendency of Palm oil to solidify that just raises the question of whether it is a Fat or an oil or something in between just like Margarine. Palm oil contains so much that is beneficial to health and I am huge fan
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by NotoriousBig(m): 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
wait a minute, how come igbo people don't call people from delta Yoruba? because it seems like delta people consume more red oil than yoruba o!
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
adconline:
They are dying in droves, but cretinous species like you blame it on witches and wizards... Also your govt does not keep score of folks dying.
Cn you name a superior alternative
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
will you last forever if you stop palmoil consumption?.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by prologue: 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Wow. We in Niger Delta love palm oil. Owo n banga soup is practically palm oil and water. I schooled in delsu, abraka and believe me, that CNN report is not correct. Believe me, I could cook owo soup with 100 naira then if I had palm oil n garri in d kitchen.(Just money for fish n maggi) or eat yam, oil with roasted boga fish. Palm oil is the main constituent of our meals and we live long.
Am not an expert in nutritional science but from observation, our people lived longer until crude oil exploration and its attendant effects.
CNN, it is crude oil and not palm oil.
Try harder next time.
Leave our palm oil for us.
I will tell you a region that has this situation but let me not derail this thread
Thank you.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by drnoel: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
Very true, palm oil is a known blocker of pipes and vessels and has been linked to coronary heart disease. Suitable alternatives are capsid oil, vegetable oil, groundnut oil (which is high in HDL and LDL), cotton seed oil, sun flower oil, rapsberry oil to name a few.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Haywhymido(m): 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Foolish pipo so dey don tel u dat it harmful naw. Abeg stop eating anythin cooked with it.Copycat na to dey always do follow follow everythin. As 4 me ah go chop palm oil till i die. I follow wot suit me nt wot suit pipo daz all
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
eddiebruk: It is not the Natural Palm Oil, our forefathers used these same Palm Oil in their foods, and they lived Longer than our generation.
Abi o
Too much junk foods and processed foods in this generation!
Give me my isi ewu any day!!

Palm oil that we were told is good for the eyes

*i still remember my Nigerian grand father, holding village meetings with his father and his uncles
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 0monnakoda: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
drnoel: Very true, palm oil is a known blocker of pipes and vessels and has been linked to coronary heart disease. Suitable alternatives are capsid oil, vegetable oil, groundnut oil (which is high in HDL and LDL), cotton seed oil, sun flower oil, rapsberry oil to name a few.
Known What is the source of this knowledge? The Bible?

1 Like

Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Mimicole(f): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lord Babs: Fourth to comment! It's not easy o!
Gotta improve next time. cool grin
Skelewu mode cheesy angry grin
but did u actually comment in the real sense of the word?
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by gbutustic(m): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
felixzo1: all of this is American propaganda. USA is the world highest producer of soy beans and American companies produce a lot of soy bean based vegetables oil. it is just a way of discouraging people from eating palm oil,and promote their companies. if oil palm was grown in American. CNN would have reported it is the best oil in the world
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Ndipe(m): 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
My forefathers ate palm-oil and probably did not have heart disease.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Paleo dieters and many people who eat organically will disagree o.

For these guys coconut and palm oil are ideal vegetable oils.

Was at Whole Foods supermarket the other day and was shocked to find large bottles of red oil stocked in the bakery section.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by LawChick: 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
ITbomb, please your attention is needed as par your GIFT -

https://www.nairaland.com/1473001/free-trendy-wrist-watch-more#18919605
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by toprealman: 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
CNN? I give up.
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by qhiwegh(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
If you spend everyday in a car or in an office, without regular exercise, most Nigerian food would be fatal to your health. The Nigerian diet is high in oil and fats, originally intended for nourishing people who undergo intensive physical labour in agriculture. This diet is too heavy for the sedentary lifestyle of most of city-dwellers today. It may be traditional and it may taste good, but it is also responsible for the widespread obesity and cardiovascular disease that plague our society today.

1 Like

Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by 2sizzlin(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ooh.... That man didn't finish the work of God in this earth because of palm oil. Palm oil killed him.
Palm oil has a way of spoiling God's plan, Nawa for palm oil oo.

With all due respect, my friend, devil just sold you a conventional fear and succumbing to it will make his work easier on you and other ppl that'll believe out of your experience. (hey, I'm not wishing you bad). Don't be surprised when they come tomorrow and say palm oil is the best oil because of what they just found out( of course, that's how they swing) .

Better believe in God to keep you alive, it's life. I'm not yet there but I know there is there and I'm on my way there.

There are lots of things to be scared of Bro, just search they'll feed you(they are good at that ). You can never be too careful on your own, better give that job to Oga at the top. Peace Bro
Re: Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? by Jman06(m): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
Op stop misinforming people,moderate use of palm oil is not bad!I can prove that it's even more harmful to consume cheese,egg,milk and other dairy products than it is to consume palm oil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Most Nigerian Visitors Dont Finish The Food Served To Them? / My Delicious ISIEWU Recipe, What Do You Think? ( Pics& Video). / The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.