Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike (24190 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike / NANS Threatens To Shut Down Private Universities Over ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by nickxtra(m): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
Reports reaching us have it that NANS shuts down Niger Bridge Asaba over the lingering ASUU strike.
No vehicular movement for the past 3 hrs. Is this how far NANS could have gone, considering the fact that its politicized leaders/executive have been speaking from both sides of their mouth?
The students appealed to the lecturers to call off the strike.
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) on Friday barricaded the Asaba axis of the Niger Bridge for more than two hours.
The action, which was jointly carried out by some university students and their polytechnic counterparts, was in protest against the protracted strike by ASUU.
The aggrieved students blocked the bridge at about 1 p.m., which resulted to a traffic gridlock that stretched from the bridge to Okwe junction about five kilometres to Asaba Town.
They also lamented the recent decisions of polytechnic lecturers under the auspices of ASUP to also embark on a similar strike, saying it would further cripple the education sector and send a wrong signal to the international community.
NANS National Public Relations Officer, Victor Ola-Ogun, said that the students were tired of the strike and appealed to ASUU to call it off.
He said that the students had embarked on the peaceful protest and taken it to Kano and “now they are in Zone B, that is Delta and the Anambra area of the country.’’
He said that if the lecturers refuse to call off the strike, the association would further move the protest to Zone C and D, comprising the middle Belt areas and South West of the country.
“We do not want a situation where our ladies will become prostitutes and the men armed robbers.
“We are always there to fight for the lecturers’ welfare and now that the Federal Government has decided to meet some of their demands, they should consider for our sake and go back to work,’’ Mr. Ola-Ogun said.
The students, many of whom were drawn from different parts of the country are expected to leave Delta to their various destinations on Saturday.
The ASUU strike has been on since July 1.
Source: NAN

3 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by plainmirror(m): 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
Space booked
(2dae na 2dae)

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by farano(f): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
I can imagine

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by princemmab(m): 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
Fact or mere speculation?
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by otokx(m): 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
NANS should go to the National Assembly

9 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Tuntheycr7: 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
Asaba - Onitsha Niger Bridge ?
Iro ni joor...
Awon naa oni fe tee na

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by ogtavia(m): 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
Who does this NANS guys think they are...their excesses are too much...well if this is true,its nt even possible sef...for where,for Naija...lailai..i doubt if this news is true..even if it is...what solution will d blockage bring...Nothing...
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by nickxtra(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
ogtavia: Who does this NANS guys think they are...their excesses are too much...well if this is true,its nt even possible sef...for where,for Naija...lailai..i doubt if this news is true..even if it is...what solution will d blockage bring...Nothing...
I have tried to make calls to my contacts over there, but none has gone through yet.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by nickxtra(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Ogtavia: what solution will d blockage bring...Nothing.. Nickxtra: if you ask me, who I go ask?
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by tomzman: 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
nickxtra: Reports reaching us have it that NANS shuts down Niger Bridge Asaba over the lingering ASUU strike.
No vehicular movement for the past 3 hrs. Is this how far NANS could have gone, considering the fact that its politicized leaders/executive have been speaking from both sides of their mouth?
Source?
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by yungcyrus(m): 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
nzobu! Enyimba Eyi!....Nzobu! Nzobu! Zobu! Enyimba Eyi!.................................................we dey youths of Nijeria its high tym we Pight Por' our Rights, Or else dis Feffle' wills Takes us 4 granted..........or Wat does U tinkx??

3 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
Pics or it didn't happen undecided

3 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by tobechi20(m): 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
What a lie
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by b3llo(m): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
This is sheer madness, they should have make baricade in strategic location and places. If this post were to be true its should be backed up with pictures. OP don't feel like am saying that you are lying but am doubting it.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by nickxtra(m): 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) on Friday barricaded the Asaba axis of the Niger Bridge for more than two hours.
The action, which was jointly carried out by some university students and their polytechnic counterparts, was in protest against the protracted strike by ASUU.
The aggrieved students blocked the bridge at about 1 p.m., which resulted to a traffic gridlock that stretched from the bridge to Okwe junction about five kilometres to Asaba Town.
They also lamented the recent decisions of polytechnic lecturers under the auspices of ASUP to also embark on a similar strike, saying it would further cripple the education sector and send a wrong signal to the international community.
NANS National Public Relations Officer, Victor Ola-Ogun, said that the students were tired of the strike and appealed to ASUU to call it off.
He said that the students had embarked on the peaceful protest and taken it to Kano and “now they are in Zone B, that is Delta and the Anambra area of the country.’’
He said that if the lecturers refuse to call off the strike, the association would further move the protest to Zone C and D, comprising the middle Belt areas and South West of the country.
“We do not want a situation where our ladies will become prostitutes and the men armed robbers.
“We are always there to fight for the lecturers’ welfare and now that the Federal Government has decided to meet some of their demands, they should consider for our sake and go back to work,’’ Mr. Ola-Ogun said.
The students, many of whom were drawn from different parts of the country are expected to leave Delta to their various destinations on Saturday.

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by nickxtra(m): 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
b3llo: This is sheer madness, they should have make baricade in strategic location and places. If this post were to be true its should be backed up with pictures. OP don't feel like am saying that you are lying but am doubting it.
It is at your discretion to believe or not to. Am not hurt
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by nickxtra(m): 11:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
tobechi20: What a lie
why do you feel it is a lie? What will you do if you later 'wake up from slumper' and turned out to be true? Will u dance naked in the public?

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by nickxtra(m): 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
Imanuelle: Pics or it didn't happen undecided
I am not your mercy to provide pics. If you feel that it didn't not happen, don't even comment.

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by nickxtra(m): 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
tomzman:
Source?

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by b3llo(m): 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
nickxtra: It is at your discretion to believe or not to. Am not hurt
Noted.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Lilaex: 8:13am On Oct 19, 2013
Owkay
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Big4wig(m): 8:16am On Oct 19, 2013
Well i like their motives & i pray dat dis will teach both ASUU & fg a lesson..me don tire for house jare

pls lets change d mood in dis thread cos i can see dat people are boiling here....oya tap dis joke

Akpos Slept on the same bed with his new
girlfriend…
In the morning when he woke up, he decided to
sing a love song for her. When he was singing,
his girlfriend started crying and the Akpors said,
Eyah!! “I didnt know you love me dis much, now i
know you truly love me…
The girl replied; “Love ke?” its not your song dat
is making me cry o, its the odour from you mouth
dat is pepperish in my eyes....

#BIGWIG[color

3 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by skyscraperTM(m): 10:12am On Oct 19, 2013
Welldone my boys. . .
Hope they have an ambulance there before the army shows up?!

BOYS ARE NOT SMILING!!
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2013
na now e clear for una eye... wetin dem for do since
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Cubeet: 11:46am On Oct 19, 2013
NA D BRIDGE CAUSE THE STRIKE?

6 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by eaglechild: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2013
Nuisance!
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Victosin09(f): 11:57am On Oct 19, 2013
Hmmm...is that the way out?
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by owolabifunke14(f): 11:58am On Oct 19, 2013
Misplaced priority,what has the bridge and road users got to do with ASUU strike and FG? Go and block AsoRock and national assembly

6 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by free2ryhme: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2013
misplaced priority ...

They should have gone to the National Assembly to established their blockade rather and frustrate already frustrated travellers plying the bridge

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by imsuboi(m): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
when soldiers would be deployed to that place, we go know who be who

cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
Why suffer the poor masses? They should go and block the aso rock villa.

3 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
and ave they called off the strike because of that? swtee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US / Anambra To Punish Teachers Flogging Pupils For Speaking Igbo / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.