Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... (657 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by Yankelaptops: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lots of muslim sisters finds themselves in this situation.....

<<<<<<< question is not intended for haters of Islam, this question is intended to enlighten muslim sisters>>>>>>>>

As we all know, Muslim men are not obligated to inform their first wives that they'll be having wife number 2, 3, 4. As a muslim wife, that find myself in this situation, what's my right?

1. I work just like my Husband. Both husband and wife agreed to invest jointly in harmony. No fighting's, etc.. mutual respect and understanding
2. Investments were acquired in Husbands name. Very few in husband and wife's name. Both Husband and wife knows that the investments belongs to them equally.
3. Husband decide to take wife number 2. What is the first wife entitle to?

a. How are the properties supposed to be shared between the first wife and the husband now that a new wife is now in the picture
b. My understanding is that the wifes property is hers to keep. How will this be resolved
3. Will the first wife's kids be entitled to the Husbands share of property.

Some muslim sisters don't want polygamy because of issues like this. I believe that if muslim sisters knows their rights, this may lead to a better relationship with the husband and cowives..
Re: Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
only in africa or some3rd world places with backwater mindset do husband absorbs the rights of wife.

the wife is the owner of her investment.

in spite of her successes based on the joint investment, the husband is responsible for food, clothing shelter, etc of the billionaire wife.

the second wife is not entitle to the part of the joint investment that belongs to the 'first wife'.

what belongs to everyone; the husband, first wife and second wife is the portion that belongs to the husband in the joint investment.

somebody need to educate these poor husbands to what islam is. ignorance is a big setback, if not a disease.

men should allow their women folks; wives included to be free and keepers of their own wealth.

Allah may punish because of injustices of the male who is bent on dominating the women in his life, especially the wife. anyone who reads the verses of inheritance should know absorbing his wife's valuables in his name is not islamic. i dont let my wife bear mrs. she keeps her father's name and i will not entertain her wanting to be mrs. typical african mentality as if marriage is a ticket of abandoning bloodline for 'marriage 'line''.
Re: Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by Yankelaptops: 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
So when a new wife comes in the picture, it is better for all (Husband and Wife #1, #2) to have a general understanding of who owns what. What normally happens is that the new wife is not preview to the first wife's property. The new wife thinks it belongs to the husband and the husband will not sa its not mine either. I think if we do things accordingly... everyone should know what they are entiled to.
Re: Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
wife #1 owns her properties. whether the man acknowledges or not, Allah is Sufficient as "Witness".

so its better that the husband shows wife #2 what is owned by wife #1. in fact husband should just let wife #1 keep what belongs to her.

The Law [Command] of Allah is what is at play. people may be punished for 'embezzling" what belongs to wife #1.

what kind of man anyway taking properties of wife. i do not co mingle mine with my wife.

i do not care how wealthy she is. her wealth is not something i will look at. whatever i owe her of my obligation i give so that with her i am in the "Law" of Allah, not against the "Law".

my sister, separate your own from the husband and tell him you wanna control your own if he is mindful of Allah. that will stop him unless he is ignorant. then tell him to read Surah Nisaa. The Hadith relevant to marriage. then he should go to sincere scholars and not the type that will say anything for money on the plate.
Re: Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by ayili: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2013
please if I may ask what if the wife dies? who inherits her properties
Re: Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
^ there is order/law of inheritance [how property; his or hers] is divided in chapter 4.

it is so clear.
Re: Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
if she had children, siblings, parents, her husband only get what Allah commands. even poor people, and people in need in the community must be taken care of. so what belongs to the deceased, only a 'portion' belongs to the husband.
Re: Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by tunde1200(m): 12:47am On Oct 20, 2013
Interestine topic and beautiful response from you all.
Re: Questions Concerning Muslim Women's Right When It Comes To Polygamy.... by deols(f): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ma sha Allah. Roypcain has said it all. I could tell f4om that post on LoVe that he is mature and experienced in marriage matters. I hope we will hear more from him.

Well, all that matters has been said but I just have to say that having joint accounts is not the ideal. There has to be an understanding of what each person is bringing to the table. With a joint account, the wife is already taking the husband's responsibilities. Things shoulf not be so.

(1) (Reply)

God In Abrahamic Religions / We Want To Renovate Your Mosques. Please Share Photos on your phones / Preparation For Eid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.