Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Ma Latest Artpiece!!! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Ma Latest Artpiece!!! (2590 Views)

Ma Very First Post / Check Out Ma Portfolio / Ma 1st Photoshop Graphics 4 nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairalanders, wat do u think abt dis Artwork

4 Likes

Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
its lovely....what's the title..which materials did you use?
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 21, 2013
Nice wink
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
a ghost grin
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Joagbaje(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Is it a painting or photograph
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
centje: its lovely....what's the title..which materials did you use?

Thank you!!!! As 4d title: "The Torn Face".
Materialz: Graphite pencils n Charcoal pencil
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joagbaje: Is it a painting or photograph

Its a drawing!!!
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nice work! that looks like 2face sha
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
Da'GeeNius:

Thank you!!!! As 4d title: "The Torn Face".
Materialz: Graphite pencils n Charcoal pencil
do you have other works?
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Onegai(f): 7:12am On Oct 25, 2013
Photorealism, not bad. BUT, just a few corrections: the eyebrows look like they started down the nose and he looks like he had a mustache on half of his upper lip. And that happened because of you not paying attention to shadows. Even though shadows are on the face, you have to control them and modify them to look like shadow and not a stain on the face. Check out portrait works of Rembrandt and Velaquez, (they used candles to light their models!) And notice they don't have very dark shadows on the face in large areas or focal points, they suggest the shadow rather than draw it. Kudos for everything else, we are still learning www.alizarene..com
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 26, 2013
onegai, do you paint and is that your blog?
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Onegai(f): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2013
centje: onegai, do you paint and is that your blog?

Yes, I paint and that's my blog. I used to paint alone, then I realised I needed formal training in Drawing, Colour Theory, Design, Emotion to make my paintings become art. So I'm on my quest to get it.

Portraits are really hard, and it's not just getting a likeness, it's getting a feel of the personality of the subject too. All you photorealistic guys are very impressive.
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
BimiOne: Nice work! that looks like 2face sha

Datz 2face u r seein dere!!!
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
centje: do you have other works?

Yeah! I gats more works.

Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Onegai: Photorealism, not bad. BUT, just a few corrections: the eyebrows look like they started down the nose and he looks like he had a mustache on half of his upper lip. And that happened because of you not paying attention to shadows. Even though shadows are on the face, you have to control them and modify them to look like shadow and not a stain on the face. Check out portrait works of Rembrandt and Velaquez, (they used candles to light their models!) And notice they don't have very dark shadows on the face in large areas or focal points, they suggest the shadow rather than draw it. Kudos for everything else, we are still learning www.alizarene..com

I bliv wen u get 2c d real pic u wld understand ma shadingz!!!
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
There u go!!!!

Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Onegai(f): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2013
Da'GeeNius:

I bliv wen u get 2c d real pic u wld understand ma shadingz!!!

It would have been better if you hadn't put up the original source. I made a bet with another artist (who said you copied this from a pic, used grids and had no technical knowledge). He just won that bet. Exactly what I said about the shadows, he said too (and he said that's how you know amateurs, he is an artist whose work is in the National Gallery and he has painted a lot of high profile portraits). You copied the picture, ANYONE can do that. If you want to be an artist, make a portrait and let it be your work, technically and artistically.

I LIKe the concept, but you NEED technical Art training. If you do my portrait and you make me look like I have a mustache+my eyebrows start at the middle of my nose, I WON'T pay you, even if that is what the picture said, and I know you wanna make money from this. Go online, look for Bert Dodson's "Key to Drawing" and Harley Brown's "Eternal Truths for an Artist" and start studying. Go on fb and look for Isimi Taiwo and Ibe Ananaba, see their works, study them.
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Onegai(f): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2013
To everyone: it's upto you to determine where Light and Shade come into your painting/drawing. Because there's a shadow undernearth the nose, doesn't mean you should make the shape and value of the shadow the same on your drawing. Remember a large shadow is determined by the angle of Light hitting the object casting the shadow. 2Face was lit from aboveby a strong softbox to one side of his face, it's upto you to know how dark and small the shadow is. That knowledge comes from training and experience. www.alizarene..com
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Onegai:

It would have been better if you hadn't put up the original source. I made a bet with another artist (who said you copied this from a pic, used grids and had no technical knowledge). He just won that bet. Exactly what I said about the shadows, he said too (and he said that's how you know amateurs, he is an artist whose work is in the National Gallery and he has painted a lot of high profile portraits). You copied the picture, ANYONE can do that. If you want to be an artist, make a portrait and let it be your work, technically and artistically.

I LIKe the concept, but you NEED technical Art training. If you do my portrait and you make me look like I have a mustache+my eyebrows start at the middle of my nose, I WON'T pay you, even if that is what the picture said, and I know you wanna make money from this. Go online, look for Bert Dodson's "Key to Drawing" and Harley Brown's "Eternal Truths for an Artist" and start studying. Go on fb and look for Isimi Taiwo and Ibe Ananaba, see their works, study them.

Nt sure u knw I've only been learning techniques by watchin videoz and following steps of different Artists such as Kelvin Okafor, JD Hillberry, Darrel Tank etc.Dis was hw I got 2dis level which I am @ d moment.
I wz discouraged frm studyin Art by ma parent, bt I still hav ma passion 4 drawin. I knw I told ma self wen I get ma degree I wld den go 2 an art sch 2get 2 learn much beta.
Dis revealz I've practised wit no assistance frm Professional Artists!!!
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Onegai(f): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
Da'GeeNius:

Nt sure u knw I've only been learning techniques by watchin videoz and following steps of different Artists such as Kelvin Okafor, JD Hillberry, Darrel Tank etc.Dis was hw I got 2dis level which I am @ d moment.
I wz discouraged frm studyin Art by ma parent, bt I still hav ma passion 4 drawin. I knw I told ma self wen I get ma degree I wld den go 2 an art sch 2get 2 learn much beta.
Dis revealz I've practised wit no assistance frm Professional Artists!!!

Dear, we all did. My parents made me study something else, and it wasn't easy. The most important thing is to know how to see and how to make decisions on what to see and how to see it. You have a good start, now let's polish what you have. Download that Bert Dodson book, there's a Drawing Club in Lagos, and we're meeting this saturday in VI (and it's free). All you need is a big sketchpad, something to sit on (wrapper/chair) and your own refreshments. There will be pro artists there and Art students. Look for The Pencil-Push Club on fb, and sign up.
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by DaGeeNius1(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
Onegai:

Dear, we all did. My parents made me study something else, and it wasn't easy. The most important thing is to know how to see and how to make decisions on what to see and how to see it. You have a good start, now let's polish what you have. Download that Bert Dodson book, there's a Drawing Club in Lagos, and we're meeting this saturday in VI (and it's free). All you need is a big sketchpad, something to sit on (wrapper/chair) and your own refreshments. There will be pro artists there and Art students. Look for The Pencil-Push Club on fb, and sign up.

Ma uncle keeps on askin me y I don't use ma imagination. Its sumtin I'd luv 2 wrk on.
As 4 d drawin club, I wish I wz in Lag and nt Abj, I wld nt miss a free oppurtunity of learnin more cuz I also enjoy meeting Professional Artists. Dat wld hav been a gr8 moment 4me.
10xxx!!!!!
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by sultanemerald(m): 7:54am On Nov 03, 2013
Onegai: To everyone: it's upto you to determine where Light and Shade come into your painting/drawing. Because there's a shadow undernearth the nose, doesn't mean you should make the shape and value of the shadow the same on your drawing. Remember a large shadow is determined by the angle of Light hitting the object casting the shadow. 2Face was lit from aboveby a strong softbox to one side of his face, it's upto you to know how dark and small the shadow is. That knowledge comes from training and experience. www.alizarene..com

hi, can't find a sign up button on your blog. Are you an illustrator?
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by sarutobie(m): 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
Some of my sketches done with black pen.always loved art since I could walk.still a learner..will appreciate a tutor..my bbm contact is 23841F60..my FB is obinna uwasomba.
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by sarutobie(m): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2013

Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by sarutobie(m): 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2013

Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Onegai(f): 6:45am On Nov 05, 2013
sarutobie, there are no attached images. You can benefit from the same books and works I recommended to the OP. Also, classes will be offered for Drawing, and good illustrators started by learning sound Drawing and Art techniques.
I'm not comfortable adding up people i don't know, so I'll do a post on illustrators in Nigeria (and there are very good ones).
Re: Ma Latest Artpiece!!! by Onegai(f): 7:16am On Nov 05, 2013
Okay, I can see your works. First things first, positioning of features, the eyes, the nose and lips are wrong. Every human face has a proportion and a placemark (a grid, if you will) of where these exact features lie on the face. Also, there's very little modelling done with Light and Shade. I'm going to introduce a concept to you called "Notan". Read it up and practise it. We will be having a Drawing class in 2 weeks' time at Lekki, where more will be discussed. That's a quick sketch I did. Notice the skull outline beside her, used to judge accurately placement of the features

(1) (Reply)

4 Amazing Pictures Taken At The Perfect Time - No 3 Is So Awesome / Female Graphic Designer Needed For A Collaboration / Ben Enwonwu's 98th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.