Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official (17199 Views)

Nigeria Warns North Korea Over Ballistic Missile Test & Nigerians React (pics) / Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off / Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nigeria issues warning over deportation

The Nigerian High Commission has warned that the deportation of one of its officials may derail the bilateral agreements recently signed between their country and Kenya.
In a protest letter to the Foreign Affairs ministry, the commission said that the deportation of Mr Michael Olusegun Holmes on October 11 violated the international standards and deportation procedures.

Mr Holmes, according to the letter, was allegedly picked up within the city centre on October 10 at around 5pm in the company of his friend, Akeem Idiagbon and they were both taken to their respective residences and ordered to pick their clothes and passports.

Mr Idiagbon was later released while Mr Holmes was taken to a police station and deported the following day. “The situation... clearly violates international standard and deportation procedures and totally negates the Bilateral Immigration Agreements recently reached between Nigeria and Kenya,” read the letter.

Last month, Kenya and Nigeria signed the agreements that would see the two nations work together.

Source
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by MrMcJay(m): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
Imagine Nigeriens and Chadians coming into Nigeria's federal capital and chasing Nigeria's President GEJ about like a thief, with him shouting 'terrorist attacks happen everywhere'.

We should expect more insults until we elect a proper leader. My President is not fit to lead cows not to talk of humans. QED.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by martyns303(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
OBJ please come n break d curse, Nigerians are being rejected everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by solomon111(m): 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mr McJay: Imagine Nigeriens and Chadians coming into Nigeria's federal capital and chasing Nigeria's President GEJ about like a thief, with him shouting 'terrorist attacks happen everywhere'.

We should expect more insults until we elect a proper leader. My President is not fit to lead cows not to talk of humans. QED.
what's this?
Are you drunk?

46 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by solomon111(m): 11:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
martyns303: OBJ please come n break d curse, Nigerians are being rejected everywhere.
More than 30 Nigerians were hanged in one year in asia during OBJ's tenure.
OBJ should go and rule odua republic,not Nigeria.

27 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by chimex38: 12:43am On Oct 19, 2013
As we hinder dere qualification 4 world cup, come beat dier neighbours Ethiopia
wetin u expect... Dem dey vexgrin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 19, 2013
solomon111: More than 30 Nigerians were hanged in one year in asia during OBJ's tenure.
Please tell the backward thinking mumu undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by tobechi20(m): 2:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Nigeria...abeg...dont intefeer in kenya affairs, before allshabaab come wipe us

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by ChimaAdeoye: 2:18am On Oct 19, 2013
martyns303: OBJ please come n break d curse, Nigerians are being rejected everywhere.

Nigerians are sometimes despicable animals. Only God knows the type of shady offence this so called diplomat was engaged in

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 19, 2013
You are right?there are two sides to a story.look at the names of the people involved.I won't be surprised if their offence is excessive noise pollution.you know how annoying this people can be.maybe the kenyans got really pissed off and decided to deport the diplomat.
Chima_Adeoye:

Nigerians are sometimes despicable animals. Only God knows the type of shady offence this so called diplomat was engaged in

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by iterator25: 5:49am On Oct 19, 2013
tobechi20: Nigeria...abeg...dont intefeer in kenya affairs, before allshabaab come wipe us
wipe you and who? It might surprise you that BH is armed evenly as alshabab ...go figure
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2013
Mr McJay: Imagine Nigeriens and Chadians coming into Nigeria's federal capital and chasing Nigeria's President GEJ about like a thief, with him shouting 'terrorist attacks happen everywhere'.

so, even as i no be fan of jonathan, na him cause am? grin

This is gross mismanagement of common sense! undecided

If u av said this as a joke, it wld av passed. But as serious as u are..i SMH for u o!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by cashkid18(m): 6:58am On Oct 19, 2013
sum pple ar already blamin gej..gej don suffer
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Sermwell(m): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2013
Its unfortunate that nigeria is loosing its respect even among poor African countries! I really wonder if citizens of other countries are bieng treated that way! Our leaders should stand up and defend the dignity of law abiding Nigerians anywhere they are! Enough is enough!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by alotofgrace(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2013
wot are those animals doing dia....to poshu dem?
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by White007(m): 9:32am On Oct 19, 2013
"Official " as in, is he a diplomat? If the answer is yes, why should a diplomat be deported? He can only be decleared a personal non grata and ordered to leave the country. And this is if he has committed a grave offense or caught spying.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 19, 2013
I just hope we aren't about to withness another SA - Nigeria ego trip
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by FactsTruths: 9:33am On Oct 19, 2013

I find comments as these quite stup1d and no less this very poster.
So GEJ should be totally operational in all ministries and eventually get to do their works. Later you'll be same to accuse him of not allowing his officials do their duties.
Pls the ambassador in charge should critically look into reasons behind the deportation and not rant nonsense till all findings are concluded.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by ocelot2006(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2013
I suspect the soon-to-be deported diplomat may be an operative with the NIA.
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Aromas: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Mheeeeeeeen a hole giant of Africa, well dunno wot 2 say, bcus our leaders busy preparing 4 2015 so any citizen wey den deport go even useful during election.
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by ocelot2006(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

espionage?
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by bluerange(f): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2013
There is always another side to a story, let's wait for that side. Am currently living in Nairobi and legally minding my own business and have no issues with the Kenyan authorities.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Idrismusty97(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2013
My only problem is how did you put that source without a link.Its cool wink
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Hostermipo(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2013
Nigeria my home, i love you so much but i have never been proud of you, when will you make me Proud?
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by martyns303(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2013
solomon111: More than 30 Nigerians were hanged in one year in asia during OBJ's tenure.
Am not asking for his re-election as president, OBJ had earlier said Nigeria is cursed, Nigerians are being treated as plague.
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by kennyonthrone(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2013
Omo is u datz bin rejected everywia definetely nt me
Bside wat is Obj?
Is it a name of a person?
Animal?
Place?
OR. Thing?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by sweetgala(m): 9:39am On Oct 19, 2013
We need to know the circumstances.
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by crowaddy(m): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2013
Most Likely NIA

White007: "Official " as in, is he a diplomat? If the answer is yes, why should a diplomat be deported? He can only be decleared a personal non grata and ordered to leave the country. And this is if he has committed a grave offense or caught spying.
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by martyns303(m): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

Am trying so hard to find the correlation between what u said and my statement as to why u had to quote me angry referring over 150 million humans as "despicable( nasty, cruel and evil) animals" clap for urself.
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by princemolak(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Something is missing in dis news,why wil you be deportd without any offence
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by Victorchuks4(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2013
What is their offence?
Re: Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official by martyns303(m): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Aromas: Mheeeeeeeen a hole giant of Africa, well dunno wot 2 say, bcus our leaders busy preparing 4 2015 so any citizen wey den deport go even useful during election.
Its whole, not "hole". U welcome wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bailout: APC Tells Fayose Not To Be Ungrateful / FG Shielding Chibok Girls From Their Parents – Al Jazeera / Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu, The System Won’t Bow To You! - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.