Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges (22914 Views)

Federal Unity Schools Strike Has Been Called Off / ASUP strike has been called off / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by pbling: 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
if prostitutn is ya mind u ll street,wat abt dose dat r jobless?stp telin us shit
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by danswagz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
This is true,ho's from uniben don port cum asaba ma guy,edo girls and sex,na die
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by simdam500(m): 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
Jerry-jat:
Na lie... Notin like dat...

Dey were all Whores.... While in school....

undecided Abeg who are they
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by preshiblinks: 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
changes1: The ASUU strike did not increase the rate of prostitution amongst Nigerian girls in the uni. As a matter of fact it actually reduced it.
As long as a driver will always drive, a preacher will always preach, a builder will always build, a singer will always sing, a prostitute (runs girl) will always prostitute (do ashe.wo work).
It is only coming to the knowledge of their parents now because since they no longer get pocket money from their parents as usual or lie about textbooks and hand-outs to keep up their "high life", they result to their normal way of getting extra cash (prostituting) . The only difference is they are now doing it right under the nose of their parents or guardians. Even the pretending girls are bold enough to do it openly now cos "pepper no wan rest" .
Please leave govt out of this.
They have been doing it while in school, it didn't start today. Since there are no more lecturers to sleep with for marks, they have now decided to look for people to sleep with for cash. Now pls dont blame poverty entirely for this o, its just in the blood of some of the girls. When some parents fail to train their daughters well, they find someone to blame. They are now blaming ASUU/FG. Just watch, whenever the strike is over and lectures begin, they will start blaming lecturers.
Parents, train up your DAUGHTER in the way SHE should go, and when SHE is old (in the university) SHE will never depart from it.

tank uuuuuu for dis write up
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Ichel: 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
Everytin nw na ASUU strike cause, my papa no bring food money last 9te, na ASUU strike cause ham, 9ja i hail thee. End time sh!tz
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Eskalade(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by slickyb(f): 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Blame it on the Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ASUU!

Blame it on the ah, ah, aa....

She said she usually don't, but I know that she front.

GBAM!!!
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by frederal(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
So supply has exceeded demand? Cheap price...easy STDs. Keep off
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by mencer(m): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
Prostitution has always been there
Never blame asu strike
Blame unemployment
Poor leadership
Bad parenting
Greed.
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by akpananiefiok(m): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
http://HiredPay.com/?id=anifik a
friend just introduced me to this site
on how to make $10 every 30s.it real
just click on the link to see how it
work.it a quick way of making
money.don't miss dis chance!!!!!
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
lertee: Very useless girls,wasted generation. What happens to learning handworks like sewing, bakery n d likes. ASUU
strike does not justify any immoral behavior.

Why am i having this feelings that you might be one of the girls 'in quote'. grin Na joke o abeg.
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Oluabayomi1(m): 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
[quote
author=Youngzedd]COALITION of Civil Society Organizations, Market women
and students have staged a protest with placards of different
inscriptions at the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja, over the
continuous strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU,
alleging that the strike has increased prostitution in the country.

The group which noted that the strike was entering the fourth month
appealed to the Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, the Trade Union Congress,
TUC and appealed to the union to call off the strike in the interest of
Nigerians.
Some of the placards read, “ASUU please save our young girls from
prostitution, NLC, TUC and NUPENG mediate now, Stop playing politics
with our future, This ASUU strike has lost its tactics, ASUU please save
our future.”
Though, the group in some of the placards had accused the striking
university teachers of being selfish and too rigid in their demands, in
what looked like a contradiction, the groups also said that the demands
were germane and for the good of the education system.

Delivering a letter to the NLC President at the Labour House, the leader
of the protest and Executive Director of Conscience Nigeria, Comrade
Tosin Adeyanju said that they decided to embark on the protest to appeal
to the labour leaders to mediate on the lingering face-off between ASUU
and the Federal Government that had led to the continuous closure of
public universities in the country.

Comrade Adeyanjul said, “We embarked on this protest today to further
appeal to all major stakeholders in the Nigeria project and we deem it
fit to come to the labour house because of the strategic importance that
labour represents in this country.

“For almost 100 days, our students, our dependants, our children have
been locked out of our ivory towers and nothing has changed. We are here
to appeal to the labour leaders in this country to come and mediate on
the lingering and prolonged ASUU strikes.

“We are not unaware on the germane and relevant issues raised by ASUU,
there is need for our institutions to be revitalized, there is need for
improved research, there is need for improved allowance, there is need
for infrastructural development in ivory towers, but all over the world
no country has been able to meet the demands of labour unions 100 per
cent.”
“With the information available to us, we are aware that the federal
government proposed and has given ASUU a 100 billion initial fund
requested for different issues in the various universities.

We are aware that ASUU appealed for more money to be given on the
earned allowance and 30 billion was given for earned allowance as at
today about 130 billion has been given to ASUU.”
Receiving the protesters, President of NLC, Abduwaheed Omar, represented
by the Chief Economist of NLC, Dr. Peter Ozo’eson said that the labour
leaders had initiated moves by writing to the Federal government about
four times on how to mediate but government had not responded to their
letters.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/ASUU-strike-increased-prostitution-group-alleges/[/quote]
Even while d school is ON,they carry out d lucrative biz so wht do u expect now dt d education ìs partially down.
It has nothing to do wt d strike
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by lertee(f): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
RedBenson:

Why am i having this feelings that you might be one of the girls 'in quote'. grin Na joke o abeg.
The feeling is mutual,I thought I saw you among the boys paraded with gun for robbery on the tv last night.

Na still joke ooooo,let's keep the joke coming.
grin
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Rejoice5000(f): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
ASUU or no ASUU prostitution was old profession so ASUU did not cause anything.
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Orikinla(m): 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
changes1: The ASUU strike did not increase the rate of prostitution amongst Nigerian girls in the uni. As a matter of fact it actually reduced it.
As long as a driver will always drive, a preacher will always preach, a builder will always build, a singer will always sing, a prostitute (runs girl) will always prostitute (do ashe.wo work).
It is only coming to the knowledge of their parents now because since they no longer get pocket money from their parents as usual or lie about textbooks and hand-outs to keep up their "high life", they result to their normal way of getting extra cash (prostituting) . The only difference is they are now doing it right under the nose of their parents or guardians. Even the pretending girls are bold enough to do it openly now cos "pepper no wan rest" .
They have been doing it while in school, it didn't start today. Since there are no more lecturers to sleep with for marks, they have now decided to look for people to sleep with for cash. Now pls dont blame poverty entirely for this o, its just in the blood of some of the girls. When some parents fail to train their daughters well, they find someone to blame. They are now blaming ASUU/FG. Just watch, whenever the strike is over and lectures begin, they will start blaming lecturers.
Parents, train up your DAUGHTER in the way SHE should go, and when SHE is old (in the university) SHE will never depart from it.

1000 Likes.
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by onyxo76(m): 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
very correct.... but then i still wonder what some of these ladies are still doing on campus... some say 'i'm working on my project".... hmmm that project, who is supervising it?
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Richiez(m): 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
How did they get their statistics?
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by SONFGOD12: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
For those of u who are blaming the parents of the supposed "runsgirls"for not giving appropriate training to their children,i have a question for u are u properly trained?
Its easy to lash out on the parents because its their God's giving duty right...ok what if the child refuse to listen to the parents,you'll agree with me that many bone again sisters/brothers at home under watchful eyes of their parents are the exact opposite once they are outside..a virgin at home and something else outsyde however, peer pressure and suffering can also contribute this decadence paralysis that has become so contagious in our nation.
Finally most of the so called "runsgirls"were once good girls who spoiled them? its easy to point fingers but the guys are to be blamed as well stop this stereotype of all girls being bad as if all the guys are saints..
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
lorretta u: well you're right. Females engage in such things too.
But the proportion of women in those crimes are low compared to the men

But then why would only the females be accused of prostitution?

Haven't you ever heard of gigolos ?

What about the boys patronizing sugar mummies? Isn't that prostitution?

See as everybody done dey cast naija female students as if males don't prostitute

Shey na me dey follow sugar mummy?

Well, u've made some valid observatns but then, ur post lacked some merit points. The fact is that females involve in all sorts of vices but wen it coms prostitutn, d ratio is like 100girls-00.1boys. In addition, no. of girls indulging in prostitutn in higher institutn cant be compared to boys dangling around sugar mummies. Girls deliberately go into prostitutn as a profession and never retrack their steps but boys culd just round 1sugar mummy just 4 once cos he needed some money. Can u tell one joint where boys gather either days or nites awaiting sugar mummies to come pick them as girls do? No point arguing about this cos we know our naija sisters. This doesnt mean they are no good ones out there. The fact is most naija girls can do anything sexually or call it prostitutionally just for the sake of money.
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Datruggedman: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
lonelydora: It reduced it. No more wrong movement from school on fridays,because they are now at home.
we are nt talkin of primary school hia
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
lertee:
The feeling is mutual,I thought I saw you among the boys paraded with gun for robbery on the tv last night.

Na still joke ooooo,let's keep the joke coming.
grin

I think u are one of d 3 Runz girls that rocked my bed lastnit @ a subsidized rate of 2k per person. It was funful cruising on those lovely pusssy of urs. Na joke o! grin
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by lertee(f): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
RedBenson:

I think u are one of d 3 Runz girls that rocked my bed lastnit @ a subsidized rate of 2k per person. It was funful cruising on those lovely pusssy of urs. Na joke o! grin
I saw you in court facing life sentence for robbery and kidnap,I was like whaaat? grin
Na still joke o.
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Crixie(m): 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
Elvin247: PROSTITUTION IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT...
It has increased the spread of HIV, RAPE, MURDER(through abortion), KIDNAPPING, ARMED ROBBERY e.t.c because all those students want to make enough money to take back to skul.

Person wey wan rob go rob,prostitute na prostitute...ASUU strike has nothing to do with it
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by martinkem(m): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
So what they are saying in essence is that the ladies in our various universities are prostitutes who have been given more time than usual to engage in their business
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by InvertedHammer: 12:17am On Oct 20, 2013
/
No comment
/
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by slimmyfatgirl: 1:59am On Oct 20, 2013
Let me agree with this post abit and back it with biblical injuction that says 'an idle mind is the devils workshop' . It might be difficult for ladies to engage in various vices ιƒ they are preoccupied with their
classes,assignment,seminars ,extensive reading.but now 3month old strike can make a mind to wander and sway into negative things
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Dgenerals(m): 5:22am On Oct 20, 2013
TRY SOMETHING NEW...

MAKE COOL MONEY ONLINE WITH THIS: http://www./API-Employ/?id=dgenerals
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Dgenerals(m): 5:23am On Oct 20, 2013
TRY SOMETHING NEW...

MAKE COOL MONEY ONLINE WITH THIS: http://www./API-Employ/?id=dgenerals[b]TRY SOMETHING NEW...

MAKE COOL MONEY ONLINE WITH THIS: http://www./API-Employ/?id=dgenerals[/b]TRY SOMETHING NEW...

MAKE COOL MONEY ONLINE WITH THIS: http://www./API-Employ/?id=dgenerals
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2013
Duhhhh!!!!!! Tongue out and moving to the next client on the list. Shitty nation, shitty citizens and shitty point of views... Ghana calling jor.... More fun.... Even the lecturers in the stupid universities are pervs... They turned these girls to what they are...on campus and now out of campus.... Smh... Naija, giant with no might....
Re: ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges by kflexxy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
Where Are All The Gals On NL, Come Defend Yourself. SHIKENA!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Third Edition Participation Thread... / UNN Graduate Makes Groundbreaking Invention / Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.