Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Sunday Morning: How Was Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Morning: How Was Church? (12923 Views)

Ways Women Ask For Offering Indirectly On A Sunday Morning / Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? / "errors" I Hear On The Sunday Morning Pulpit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Cristalz(f): 9:53am On Jul 06, 2008
For those who attended church this morning - care to share how it went? Prayers,praises,the Word,anything and everything. Someone could actually get something meaningful from your worship experience.

Even if you missed church and sang the gospel songs playing on your radio,share share share.

As for me,i attended a Catholic mass this morning.Waz ok,sermon was mainly about humility.Kinda hard to be humble these days,lol. Missed having a lively praise session tho. Mass was a bit dull solemn without it,everyone looking so serious,no smiling faces.Otherwise,twaz all good. Share yours.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by smartkid(m): 10:48am On Jul 06, 2008
Church was wow!
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by RedHotChic(f): 10:48am On Jul 06, 2008
I do stream mine live online most times and that's what am going to do this morning. My body may not be physically in the church but my spirit is surely there.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Geezle(m): 10:54am On Jul 06, 2008
i didnt go today, had a hangover from last nite, in the office for 8am
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by zionking(m): 11:14am On Jul 06, 2008
Superb, No dull moment with our new priest.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Cristalz(f): 11:21am On Jul 06, 2008
@Geezle
At work on sunday? I totally believe in complete rest on sundays. Sleep like Monday's never coming.

@RHC
That's nice. Personally i prefer being there live n direct.

@all
Who had a lil dozing spell? grin Feel free to confess. I dozed a lil meself this morning.With the whole solemnity thing going,i just couldn't help it. Forgive me Lord grin
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by naijacutee(f): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2008
I wish I went but I didn't - Woke up too late sad
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Cristalz(f): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2008
Aww. You shlda gone still,even if twaz to share the Grace. At least when someone asks you'd be able to say,yeah i went to church and it was wonderful! Lol grin
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by huxley(m): 11:53am On Jul 06, 2008
Should you really be telly us this?

Matthew 6: 1-6

"Be careful not to parade your uprightness in public to attract attention; otherwise you will lose all reward from your Father in heaven. , And when you pray, do not imitate the hypocrites; they love to say their prayers standing up in the synagogues and at the street corners for people to see them. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward. But when you pray, go to your private room, shut yourself in, and so pray to your Father who is in that secret place, and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you."
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by kadman(m): 11:54am On Jul 06, 2008
I didn't go o, I wasn't feeling to good,also missed Redeem Camp on Friday sad
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by 419er(m): 12:17pm On Jul 06, 2008
service was great! with lot of songs.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by tope777(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2008
Just believe that you are unstopable no matter what you do this week remember David how he defeated goliath Read 1 sam 17v1-end and Psalm 18 v 29  for  your breakthrough.

Moreover remember to give to the needy in your enviroment. The widow, and those are in needs .

Have a Nice week ahead.  For details about charity home contact lizabdavtop@yahoo.com.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2008
church was great. the gospel was from Roman 7 vs 1-25,
it was very entertaining, and the choir delivered the good as well
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by amagirl: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2008
embarassed , had to go to work , hope God forgives us , pray for us house members that attended church
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Baxilexi(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2008
service was good, it was all about being watchfull pray to god to show you friends and your foes, so you donot mistake enemies for friends, it is easier for a friend behind, to stab you in the back than for an enemy always in your line of vision.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by PurestBoy(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2008
I didn't go to church today,
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by alex406(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
PurestBoy:

I didn't go to church today,
How would you go to Church when you are not the typo we need there. grin
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by gongoaso1: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2008
nice thread. just got back from mass.  scripture reading was based on humility  as poster said and the homily too. though plenty thanksgivings made church long smiley

aand hey people, no jugdements pls. no body holy pass wink
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by PurestBoy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2008
alex406:

How would you go to Church when you are not the typo we need there. grin

Seun can you see this guy looking for trouble, Make una help me beg am oo cos now una go say purestboy don start again.

What type of people are needed in the church. The church is not for the saint, but for sinners like you and me and the rest of Nairalanders
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by alex406(m): 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2008
PurestBoy:

Seun can you see this guy looking for trouble, Make una help me beg am oo because now una go say purestboy don start again.

What type of people are needed in the church. The church is not for the saint, but for sinners like you and me and the rest of Nairalanders
Oga Seun no mind my brother,he is only trying to make fool of me here, lol, We attend the same Church but he hadly come to church.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by claire7(f): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2008
Attended mass and scripture was based on humility. wishing everyone a blessed week
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by lucabrasi(m): 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2008
church was awesome,we had an annointed man of GOD from nigeria for people living in nigeria im sure when i mention the name pastor isaac odiri idahosa they know what transpired
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by smile4kenn(m): 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2008
I dont go to church on sunday mornings because i do wake up late. sunday na my resting day oooo. for the past years i only attend sunday evening mass at a catholic church here,
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by pfeifer(f): 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2008
dint go for mass today cos i woke up real .late and cant still make evening mass cos i got to be sumwhere,ope ill make it up during the week by His grace. embarassed
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by funweez(f): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2008
Church was all about thanksgivin today, had a great time worshippin n dancing in Gods presence. In all circumstances, lets remember to thank God; no matter how great our battles,someone else where has overcome such. Really glad i made it cos i was so tired n tempted 2stay in bed.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by djcrucifix(m): 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2008
i attend R.C.C.G, and as per first sunday of the month, the service was kinda long but interesting on the long run.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Cristalz(f): 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
huxley:

Should you really be telly us this?

Matthew 6: 1-6

"Be careful not to parade your uprightness in public to attract attention; otherwise you will lose all reward from your Father in heaven. ,  And when you pray, do not imitate the hypocrites; they love to say their prayers standing up in the synagogues and at the street corners for people to see them. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward. But when you pray, go to your private room, shut yourself in, and so pray to your Father who is in that secret place, and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you."

Dearie,sharing your experience in church today is not self-righteousness or hypocrisy,k? Even pastors miss church sometimes,so attending church doesn't make you the holiest person,and not attending doesn't make you the worst sinner. Therez no need for the above verse at all.

Thread's just for sharing how your sunday morning went,the message you got from church,how the service was, etc.Or if you didn't go,its still ok to share how you spent the morning,whether you plan to attend a service later or not. Someone who missed church could read the message another person got today and be blessed by it.
Nothing judgmental about it.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by chuksloy: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2008
church over sweet today, hmm. well me God forgive me. na so so fine babes just full every where, so te i con dey ask wheather my eyes born again. the fashion level come high like say all the girls swear to get married before next month.

www.fashonplc.com
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by na2day2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2008
well, i just got back home from church and boy was i glad i went. i am truly revived by his grace. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by manmustwac(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2008
i didn't go today coz i had other things to do this morning
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Kajiang02(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2008
Missed mass truout today
God 4giv me pls,hpe to mke at least 3 or 4times dis week
God is our strength
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Esss(m): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2008
The same shit you get every sunday.

First they sing some worship songs to get you in the mood,
Then the pastor comes and gives some mortivational speeches backed with some bible passages,
And then they pary about everything you can think of on earth,
Oh! and ofcourse they collect your money I mean offering, tithe, building offering, seed faith offering, burnt sacrifice offering, e.t.c offering

then they send you home reminding you of the daily services.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Catholic Daily Prayer For Nigeria In Distress / Describe GOD In One Word / 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.