Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? (2219 Views)

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / Container Falls, Kills All Occupants Of Bus / Ever Seen Dangerous Overtaking Along Gwagwalada- Abaji- Lokoja Expressway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by specialguest(f): 8:27am On Oct 19, 2013
I observed that guys mostly like to stretch their necks and look right into the faces of the people in the other car while overtaking. Is it a norm you must see the person's face in the car you want pass or you just want to be sure he is not carrying your girlfriend?

1 Like

Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by Dygeasy(m): 8:39am On Oct 19, 2013
That Feeling Of "I Overtook You... What'll You Do?"

3 Likes

Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 19, 2013
Whenever anyone acts rude or drive dangerously when I'm close, I over take such fellow when I'm opportuned and give that stare of "at your age you still acting/driving in a rude/dangerous manner?"
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by uboma(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2013
lomomike: Whenever anyone acts rude or drive dangerously when I'm close, I over take such fellow when I'm opportuned and give that stare of "at your age you still acting/driving in a rude/dangerous manner?"

Will that stare of yours change him/her to a better driver? It may even be risky for you to take your eyes/concentration off the road even for a split second. I do not stare back at rude/careless drivers, I simply avoid them or let them be.

1 Like

Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by ilaugh1: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2013
na get time sha. Na you get their eyes? Abi na sin make person use their eyes to look again?

1 Like

Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by Ishilove: 10:08am On Oct 19, 2013
Dygeasy: That Feeling Of "I Overtook You... What'll You Do?"
cheesy
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by Ishilove: 10:12am On Oct 19, 2013
uboma:

Will that stare of yours change him/her to a better driver? It may even be risky for you to take your eyes/concentration off the road even for a split second. I do not stare back at rude/careless drivers, I simply avoid them or let them be.
I and my siblings give them the 'Evil eye' when we overtake. They deserve it. We are just letting them know how totally pissed off we are with their fuccked up driving skills. It's contributing to road rage angry
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by specialguest(f): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lolz @ some of the responses. But seriously I find it so annoying when that happens especially if the guy/man keeps staring back n forth like a mofo... I wish someone wud hit d traffic light someday while turning back to stare @ me after overtaking tongue

Secondly why is it so common with guys? Like I said before are you guys looking for your missing girlfriends in the other car?
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by specialguest(f): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
i_laugh: na get time sha. Na you get their eyes? Abi na sin make person use their eyes to look again?

Your eyes should be on the road ahead of you and not in the car beside you. Abi you sabi person inside the motor wey u dey pass?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by lonelydora: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
I wonder why people do it? I hate doing it, despite the fact that I'm a fast driver.
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
It's never really bothered me, so I don't consider it rude if overtakers stare at me whilst doing so.

No big deal - we all have our peculiar traits, that others may not like, but they tolerate them. Try being tolerant of the habits of others, and concentrate on whatever it is you're doing, in this case, driving.

1 Like

Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by sultaan(m): 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
Its more like looking at the 80yr old blocking the road with their Toyota Crap
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
looking @me? boy you're wasting your time cool cool
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by specialguest(f): 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
sultaan: Its more like looking at the 80yr old blocking the road with their Toyota Crap

One of the lookers.
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by specialguest(f): 9:42am On Oct 23, 2013
Siena: It's never really bothered me, so I don't consider it rude if overtakers stare at me whilst doing so.

No big deal - we all have our peculiar traits, that others may not like, but they tolerate them. Try being tolerant of the habits of others, and concentrate on whatever it is you're doing, in this case, driving.

Good advice. I think both parties ( the looker and the looked at) should both concentrate on their driving!
Re: Is It Rude To Stare At The Occupants In The Other Vehicle While Overtaking? by MDCEO1: 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
specialguest:

Your eyes should be on the road ahead of you and not in the car beside you. Abi you sabi person inside the motor wey u dey pass?

How come you know you are being stared at if you really keep your own eyes are on the road in front ahead of you??

(1) (Reply)

Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash / Horn Warriors / Please Does Anyone Know Where To Locate Diagnostic Port In Nissan Almera 2014?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.