Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. (5017 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by phillippiano(m): 8:44am On Oct 19, 2013
The Ekiti State government has said it has attracted $300m investments in the agriculture sector in the last three years. A statement on Thursday said the State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, disclosed this while speaking at the 2013 World Food Day held in Ado Ekiti. According to the statement, the Governor added that the investments were from reputable indigenous and international agricultural institutions, including an agricultural company, which had partnered with the state government for the establishment of 2000 hectares of mechanised rice, soybean and cassava production. He said Dutch Agricultural Development and Trading Company was also working on the establishment of high quality cassava flour processing factory, while Vegefresh had taken over the moribund Orin cassava
processing plant and has successfully upgraded the capacity of the plant from 10 tonnes to 60 tonnes per day production. Fayemi, who said the state government had inaugurated a credit facility worth N80m as well as tractors worth N100, explained that the tractors were
targeted at farmers whose operations would impact the agriculture sector. The Governor, acknowledged the support of multilateral institutions including the World Bank, African Development Bank, the United Nations Development Programme, Department for International Development and Food and Agriculture Organisation for the various drives in the sector. He said a Youth Commercial Agriculture Development programme, created to boost agriculture in the state had empowered 250 youths to cultivate 1900 hectares of cassava, 53,000 cocoa seedlings, 109,560 oil palm seedlings, 60,000 fingerlings, 6,230 kg of fish and 60,000 broilers. “The ongoing construction of broiler processing facility at Erifun in Ado Ekiti which is first of its kind in the State will not only strengthen livestock value chain but also enhance the availability of hygienic and fresh chicken for the consumption of the citizenry,” he said.
www.punchng.com/news/ekiti-attracts-300m-investment-in-agriculture-2/

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by geeez: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2013
Impressive

Up next, a chain of agro allied industries

God bless Ekiti

You don't have the most eggheads for nothing

God bless Yoruba land

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by alotofgrace(m): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2013
cool....more agro-industries, more jobs, more agro-varsities, less ASUU combat . no more GARI..but foreign cassava flakes/powder
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Sermwell(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2013
R
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by YoshiMaster: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2013
All this cassava sef, I still never chop that bread.

Abeg someone tell me how cassava bread taste.
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by 3Willywilly: 9:20am On Oct 19, 2013
Thank Gov Kayode Kayemi for making Ekiti the largest producers and exporters of Marijuana(India Hemp) in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Achmet(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2013
Guys, try this and thank me later !!!
Download Stitch It app at
http://nexva.mobi/app/show/id/31274

#Freemium version
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by cashkid18(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2013
3Willywilly: Thank Gov Kayode Kayemi for making Ekiti the largest producers and exporters of Marijuana(India Hemp) in Africa
shocked shocked gringrin
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by slimfit1(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2013
He is the only non performing ACN I've ever seen.
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by SpaceWorld2013(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2013
Good news
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 19, 2013
Hmm, na today? grin
Congrats to u guyz tho
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by IamDrock(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2013
[b]hmmm afterall we see nothing our gov. has done here in ekiti dan causing probs all around! He sucks![b]
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 19, 2013
3Willywilly: Thank Gov Kayode Kayemi for making Ekiti the largest producers and exporters of Marijuana(India Hemp) in Africa

How? I hope is even right. All theses smoke screen and bad labelling of the God plant should be stopped. If cannabis can be allowed to grow in Ekiti, so be it. Nothing heals better than it, calm better that it and right from the ages it has being such of healing and 5 pound of the seed was used in the making of first holy oil. And did online abt the conspiracy against the God given plant by the evil ppl of the world.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Aromas: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Noting like dat in Ekiti State, quote me wrong if u like. Call me hater na u sabi all I no be say we never hear such a thing. D last one they did was fully in deteriorate n sorry conditions in 2various LG in d state.
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Layolaw(f): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2013
for where? in Ekiti, hmmmmm may God save us from this propagandist government
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Ismahill(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2013
Gr8text YORUBITES. Askor to all HATERS.
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Jaideyone(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2013
You are a waste of oxygen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by 3Willywilly: 10:12am On Oct 19, 2013
darry4hec:
How? I hope is even right. All theses smoke screen and bad labelling of the God plant should be stopped. If cannabis can be allowed to grow in Ekiti, so be it. Nothing heals better than it, calm better that it and right from the ages it has being such of healing and 5 pound of the seed was used in the making of first holy oil. And did online abt the conspiracy against the God given plant by the evil ppl of the world.
See how Kayode kayemi have turned Ekiti youths to kaya men, no wonder Yorubas has the highest number of Mad people.
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Realdeals(m): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2013
Value addition and products marketing should be worked on by the govt, join the agriculture community on www. and interact with farmers and agriculture professionals in the value chain. You can also market and promote your agric products and services free.
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 19, 2013
Abi no be Ekiti wey I dey ni?. $300m how much is Ekiti worth self? All I know is that you aren't going to rule us twice. We need another fresh air
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by nitrogen(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2013
3Willywilly:
See how Kayode kayemi have turned Ekiti youths to kaya men, no wonder Yorubas has the highest number of Mad people.
You dey bad belle Ekiti because one can't get ordinary bitter leaf in Enugu?? I heard that Enugu imports bitter leaves sef (into the state) undecided

I believe you caught it from that angle na.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by geeez: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2013

Now we know what you've been smoking

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by cashkid18(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2013
nitrogen:
You dey bad belle Ekiti because one can't get ordinary bitter leaf in Enugu?? I heard that Enugu imports bitter leaves sef (into the state) undecided

I believe you caught it from that angle na.
does it change d fact dt ekiti state is d highest exporter of marijuana
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by 3Willywilly: 11:12am On Oct 19, 2013
geeez:
Now we know what you've been smoking
Why is it that Ekiti men look and dress always like Papa Ajasco, they look totally different from other Yoruba group. Too Marijuana is not doing them good.
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by nitrogen(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2013
cashkid18: does it change d fact dt ekiti state is d highest exporter of marijuana

*looks at the post, checks out handler, sees cashkid18 and asks those around*

'As in a kid that is just 18 years or what? So this internet Ibo warriors are actually kids? I give up!'

*slams the door and leaves thread in anger*

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by toluxe0075: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2013
Who made the statement? Mr Governor himself. Every governor is ready to praise his own government and effort. Honestly he attempted all he stated above but didn't work out. But stating that ekiti attracts $300 billion agriculture investment is what i'm shocked about because the agriculture scheme in ekiti can't attract up to that..not in the haters team,just telling the truth
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by rozayx5(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2013
3Willywilly:
Why is it that Ekiti men look and dress always like Papa Ajasco, they look totally different from other Yoruba group. Too Marijuana is not doing them good.

una no go kill pesin 4 dis thread

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by donnie235: 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
if i may ask,why is ekiti state and nigeria as a nation talkin g and estimating their agro budget [under in] in dollars $ when we are naira using country.what is the nation turning to.and is naira not enough to carry out the budget listed above?
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by tosingcfr(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fayemiiiiii, and I voted for him o but he has disappointed me in so many ways, nah so so propanga and attacking PDP anyhow
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Ohrydo: 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by Ohrydo: 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
@Willywilly bt do u kn dat u re d most stupid human soul i eva seen, we're talkin abt agriculture nd u dia robb ur mind nd start abusin yorubas, sayin yorubas have d highest mad pple, let me refere u 2 akwa ibom even dat ur idiotic state call enugu wher mad pple dies nd rotten bsid road.. If u get mind post any idiotic coment again nd let me bring u out totaly, u beta mind d way u talk nd dnt let anybody check u again. IS DAT CLEAR?
Re: Ekiti Attracts $300m Investments In Agriculture. by tomakint: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
....and this is courtesy of Jonathan's administration!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Start A Farm Without Thinking Irrigation?? / Farmers! Come On In For Maggot Production / Day Old Chick's ( Broiler's,layer's N Cockerel's) Affordable. 08160403222

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.