Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,085 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:34 AM

How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige (48541 Views)

How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? / 400 K Wedding Budget For 150 Guests. / Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by jude33084(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
Vision4God:

Probably budgeting vfor 30-40 piple only.

Most of us don't live in a real world; we deceive ourselves a lot. Budgeting millions in a wedding that probably won't last?

How can 40 to 50 pple consume food and drink worth 150K?

Are you buying expensive wine all through?

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by belente(m): 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
conquistadores:
Just do court wedding. Chose wdnesday mornin wen pple are at wrk so u'll hv few attendees.
Prepare beans purridge and pap for reception at ur place.

Leave ur toilet door open!
oga u wicked

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Richman15: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
It depends on the Tribe or Ethnic group i.e Hausa #100, Yoruba #200, Igbo #2million Averagely.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by mrkings84(m): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bigcake:
As an event planner in which i am, the following breakdown shld see u thro in an average nigerian marriage. Tradition marriage plus payment of dowry and sundry expenses will gulp N450k. Note dat most homes do handle everyting in the trado, in such a case consider urself lucky because d expenses on entertaiment will not fall on u. But to be on d safe side budget atleast N450k. For white wedding propper, this is d breakdown, wedding gown N40k to N50k, wedding ring N30k to 50k, cake N30k, drinks n food N150k, reception venue like field is usually cheaper N20 to 30k. Dj N15k, decoration N50k if in an open field, if in a hall N70k. Reception hall N120k, compare dat wit a field. Souvenir N20k note dat u cld be supported by friends wit more souvenir. Mc N10k. Programme N15k. Note dat people will volunteer to assist u in some gray areas which i hav not listed here. If u need more info on dis and hw to help u plan a cashless wedding anywhr in Nigeria, contact me on 07068613908 EKWERE JNR. Wish u well Bro.
Bro did u just say a cashless wedding? abeg if na so I don marry be that. Just call me.this is my contact 08034704620. I have a wife to be already, u can fix d date for us ni.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Too many kids here, except the few ones with great sense of humour.
Anyway, my sis wedding happened last 2months and the total estimate was around 650-700k for (Trad, Nikkah and reception)(clothes, shoes, accessories and make-up for husband and wife was around 100k, wedding ring: 48k, 2 big cows:160k plus slaughtering et all here in Ilorin. Variety of foods/ingredient/caterers: was around 150k. Drinks:60k DJ: 15k. Engager:10k, decoration:10k( na field wey dey beside our house we use cheesy) MC: 10k. Canopies and chairs :40k
It was just like the normal average wedding but it was so interesting with lots of people.
My brother, na to cut ur coat according to ur cloth oo. No do pass urself, people will just come and eat, few will give u gift but it's worth it though, it's a day of joy for both families.

Oh! Without forgetting the bride price and other things brought by the husband: Everything sums up @ 60-70k( we be Yoruba, we no dey too expensivecheesy)

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by High247(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
Let's say you are expecting 500 guests for the white wedding,breakdown
.in owerri as case study location
Hall.150k
Ring.30k
Gown and brides accessories. 40k
Suit.25k
Shoe and other accessories. 30k
Bride shoe.15k
Decor and cake.130k
Drinks.150k
Food.250k
Dj.15k
Hotel reservation.100k
Video coverage.100k
Trans logistic for villa ppl(depends)25k
Calculate and you are done with white wedding....trad coming soon!

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by fromnigeria(m): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
Just sew your coat according to your cloth.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Spidermon: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
I can see "bella naija" wedding figures. Average Lagos worker earns 50k job with siblings and parents. How long would it take to save 1.5 mill on a wedding? Even if relatives wanna foot the bill, one would rather the money goes to something else.
Personally, I would rather do a quiet wedding and buy a plot of land/a car that will make me and my wife more comfortable.
Pls Don't save for more than a year for wedding. High wedding costs are one of the reasons men beat their wives especially when he is broke and he starts thinking of the alternative forgone.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by bengoodcreature: 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
I am so hapy for this post, cs am about to do mine by April this yr, pls i need more advices especialy those that have weded
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by puhleeze(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Khaffi:
Too many kids here, except the few ones with great sense of humour.
Anyway, my sis wedding happened last 2months and the total estimate was around 650-700k for (Trad, Nikkah and reception)(clothes, shoes, accessories and make-up for husband and wife was around 100k, wedding ring: 48k, 2 big cows:160k plus slaughtering et all here in Ilorin. Variety of foods/ingredient/caterers: was around 150k. Drinks:60k DJ: 15k. Engager:10k, decoration:10k( na field wey dey beside our house we use cheesy) MC: 10k. Canopies and chairs :40k
It was just like the normal average wedding but it was so interesting with lots of people.
My brother, na to cut ur coat according to ur cloth oo. No do pass urself, people will just come and eat, few will give u gift but it's worth it though, it's a day of joy for both families.

Oh! Without forgetting the bride price and other things brought by the husband: Everything sums up @ 60-70k( we be Yoruba, we no dey too expensivecheesy)

My dear, did u say 2 cows for 160K...in otherwordss 80 for each ?

I had my wedding in 2013 in the east and both cows cost 150k each and u pay an extra fee called ground rent. Drinks was about 350k, 15 canopies and 500 chairs and Tables plus decoration cost 97,000, my wife baked our wedding cake, food ingredients plus cooking 300,000, and also 150 live chickens @ 1100 each....
Do the maths
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
puhleeze:

My dear, did u say 2 cows for 160K...in otherwordss 80 for each ?
Too cheap or too expensive?
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by nekede11(m): 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
I will get married nxt yr,am igbo person,tell me more
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Googleus(m): 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
am here to read comment cos am interested in the thread,

but laugh almost kill me since every comment is from a funny angle.....

boyz are not smiling.

but if ur wife and her family insist on colorful wedding, pls accept for peace to reign...

give her something similar like my neighbor did

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by nnamdizen(m): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bigcake:
As an event planner in which i am, the following breakdown shld see u thro in an average nigerian marriage. Tradition marriage plus payment of dowry and sundry expenses will gulp N450k. Note dat most homes do handle everyting in the trado, in such a case consider urself lucky because d expenses on entertaiment will not fall on u. But to be on d safe side budget atleast N450k. For white wedding propper, this is d breakdown, wedding gown N40k to N50k, wedding ring N30k to 50k, cake N30k, drinks n food N150k, reception venue like field is usually cheaper N20 to 30k. Dj N15k, decoration N50k if in an open field, if in a hall N70k. Reception hall N120k, compare dat wit a field. Souvenir N20k note dat u cld be supported by friends wit more souvenir. Mc N10k. Programme N15k. Note dat people will volunteer to assist u in some gray areas which i hav not listed here. If u need more info on dis and hw to help u plan a cashless wedding anywhr in Nigeria, contact me on 07068613908 EKWERE JNR. Wish u well Bro.
food and drinks 150k? are you hosting your weddings in a convent or what?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by mrkings84(m): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
jude33084:

Most of us don't live in a real world; we deceive ourselves a lot. Budgeting millions in a wedding that probably won't last?

How can 40 to 50 pple consume food and drink worth 150K?

Are you buying expensive wine all through?

my dear don't panic, if u have a church u attain, just discuss with ur pastor, do ur wedding in one of ur evening services ie Bible study. as many people that will attain d service that day will just be surprise to meet a wedding. After ward if u have a refreshment u share but if not to ur tents o Israel. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by thaoriginator: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
That's why I like India wey be say na woman go pay dowry..

I wan marry Naija babe but if the money pass 350k I no do again.. I go save the bar to dey bleeps ashawo every night
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Goddyj(m): 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
if u do it on Sunday morning, it will cost only 100k

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by puhleeze(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
My wife just reminded me of some I did not remember..... The wedding cake was 10steps, 6 cartons of apples, 600 cupcakes, 600 packs of chin-chin, 30 bridesmaids andd 10 groomsmen, u may not believe it but I did not send upto 2.5million for my wedding.

But I made close to 1.2million after my wedding from cash gifts

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by fromnigeria(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
mrkings84:
my dear don't panic, if u have a church u attain, just discuss with ur pastor, do ur wedding in one of ur evening services ie Bible study. as many people that will attain d service that day will just be surprise to meet a wedding. After ward if u have a refreshment u share but if not to ur tents o Israel. Goodluck.
Yea, just Forget about impressing or competing with other
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Aitee1: 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Hmmmm lovely eligible barca fan cheesy

How did you know I support Barca

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by mightycrown1(m): 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
we no go marry again be that

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Ayanko(m): 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Is about what you have, you can call an event planner.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by oseiwe(m): 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
Bigcake:
you sure so?
I no wan phone you plenty months later and you squash my budget oh! Inshort, I go talk to you first before I propose grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Venchy: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
Just a suggestion or an advice, Marriage should be focused on not the cost of the wedding and please be yourself , avoid pushy pushy people and be firm.

My people it's not the price marriage oo that makes sustain the marriage.

Be wise.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by slymichael(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
It depends. Between 800 to 1m for both trad n white.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Prazmira(m): 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
In my area where I come from..(down south south)...expect the list of items for the following category of people; mother, father, the 12 brothers and sisters, paternal grand father and grand mother, great grand father and mother, all the in-laws 2be relatives, village head, youth president, women leader (very important), the young shall grow(before you have access to the in-law's compound on TM day,. If your wife2be is the first daughter then 2 cows( but you can atleast give one cow) if the mother didn't have any trade or business be ready to open one for her ( very serious). If the father is a traditionalist then be ready to provide a royal sit in the palace and some hot drinks for incantation. Dowry may be 10k only so that they can refund it and keep their daughter for more market. Pls can somebody give the rough estimate of the above list?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by emeviks: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2015
grin grin
conquistadores:
Just do court wedding. Chose wdnesday mornin wen pple are at wrk so u'll hv few attendees.
Prepare beans purridge and pap for reception at ur place.

Leave ur toilet door open!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Bamz(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Well the phrase 'average Nigerian' is subjective. Your pocket determines how average you are.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Opiosko: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2015
Caracta:
I want to spend less than 500k.

Plus wears(for both of us), shoes, drinks, t.fare, etc.
Haha! That's way too small oh!.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by nnamxxx(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2015
puhleeze:
My wife just reminded me of some I did not remember..... The wedding cake was 10steps, 6 cartons of apples, 600 cupcakes, 600 packs of chin-chin, 30 bridesmaids andd 10 groomsmen, u may not believe it but I did not send upto 2.5million for my wedding.

But I made close to 1.2million after my wedding from cash gifts

Hahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhaha grin angry grin
Guy u no well oooooo
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Melahou(m): 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Gratia:

Drinks & food N150k? You must be joking

Joking ke
Drinks (wine and fruit juice inclusive(55-65k)
Meat 35-45k
Rice,ingredients and d rest-25-35k
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Melahou(m): 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2015
Between 1.5m-2m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In Kogi, 28-Year-Old Woman Weds 78-Year-Old Man / Ugandan Couple Drive In Open Truck After Their Wedding Ceremony. Photos / Need A Dj For Your Events!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.