Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige (48652 Views)

How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? / 400 K Wedding Budget For 150 Guests. / Budget For A Very Decent Wedding Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by poseidon12: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
Youngzedd:
The owner of the post above mine "I give up".

I wonder if the guy think that wedding is importing 40ft container of goods from China.

@OP
Go and read about Mark Zuckerberg's wedding and do same.

No time to impress those that doesn't care.

Don't mind Nigerians always trying to live above our means.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Kirinwa: 6:12am On Mar 01, 2015
Gratia:

Drinks & food N150k? You must be joking

Its possible
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2015
stunningjudy:
I'm here to read comments because I know some Igbo obsessed peeps will just give absurd amounts for Igbo marriage angry
ph girls are expensive you know?
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 01, 2015
seedorfg:
yoruba=60k, hausa=30k and ibo=1million ...tenk me larer
simple! grin!!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by podosci(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2015
Youngzedd:
The owner of the post above mine "I give up".

I wonder if the guy think that wedding is importing 40ft container of goods from China.

@OP
Go and read about Mark Zuckerberg's wedding and do same.

No time to impress those that doesn't care.
I don't know why I should spend so much money on a wedding when we could get a simple ceremony and move on...The wedding ceremony is not the end or the beginning

1 Like

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Zehner(f): 11:21am On Mar 01, 2015
Ishilove:

3k fot ring?? Your 'ijebu' carry gold medal undecided
cheesy me sef weak for the matter!
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by cacali(f): 11:56am On Mar 01, 2015
Bigcake:
As an event planner in which i am, the following breakdown shld see u thro in an average nigerian marriage. Tradition marriage plus payment of dowry and sundry expenses will gulp N450k. Note dat most homes do handle everyting in the trado, in such a case consider urself lucky because d expenses on entertaiment will not fall on u. But to be on d safe side budget atleast N450k. For white wedding propper, this is d breakdown, wedding gown N40k to N50k, wedding ring N30k to 50k, cake N30k, drinks n food N150k, reception venue like field is usually cheaper N20 to 30k. Dj N15k, decoration N50k if in an open field, if in a hall N70k. Reception hall N120k, compare dat wit a field. Souvenir N20k note dat u cld be supported by friends wit more souvenir. Mc N10k. Programme N15k. Note dat people will volunteer to assist u in some gray areas which i hav not listed here. If u need more info on dis and hw to help u plan a cashless wedding anywhr in Nigeria, contact me on 07068613908 EKWERE JNR. Wish u well Bro.
Wedding planner pls when last did u plan a wedding? Cos these your figures are way below average. I think to help this person u shld also specify what the figures can actually get.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by drlizzy(f): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
@bigcake what is your current breakdown for a 250/300 person wedding in Asaba
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by DKbarry(m): 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
emmabest2000:
Wrong calculation , it's between 2m plus to 4m plus , dollar is 220naira per one dollar now !

Ogbeni did u see probably there? Nawa oo..
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by stunningjudy(f): 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
shadowgwalker:
ph girls are expensive you know?
I know...and ur point is?
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Bigcake: 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
drlizzy:
@bigcake what is your current breakdown for a 250/300 person wedding in Asaba

well, the difference from the initial figures will come from catering services and inclusion of the now in vogue photo book... If not, that very figure can set your wedding for you. This is only realistic where i am directly involved in the planning as i will cut cost to your own benefit. However, my payment for this job is usually negotiated and basically not part of the said sum . Secondly, i dont know what you will prefer for catering services, either a buffet or mary-go-round services... Note that am a trained caterer who can plan and execute your wedding succesfully if you can open up on what you want.... Please for further inquiries i advice you contact me through my mobile number....
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Bigcake: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
cacali:
Wedding planner pls when last did u plan a wedding? Cos these your figures are way below average. I think to help this person u shld also specify what the figures can actually get.
I have stated the figures and have narrowed it down to it per unit cost and importance as corresponding to the event. However, this thread was created in 2013.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Spidermon: 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
Setaje:
My best friend got married last year. According to her she spent 13 million. We did the wedding in one hall in lekki. The hall collected almost 3million. Can't remember the name. Decoration was almost 500k. Her wedding gown was 160k or so. Killed 2 cows and countless chickens. Payed those people who came to cook. Yet food was not enough. It was an expensive wedding. Seyi law was d mc. The wedding was just to expensive. She made almost 2 million in cash afterwards. She married an igbo guy and the guy paid for everything. When they quarel and she complains I just tell her 13 million and she keeps quiet. Lol! But the guy is rich sha. 13 m is chicken feed
This kain wedding will put pressure on some average nigerians ooo. This kain wedding na dorobucci wedding ooo
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by ARAMYDEH(f): 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
iwezor1:
#70 naira only , don't spend much
Just ask ur guest to bring dr own food as dey come.
They should bear in mind dat drs no music
And shouldn't expect gifts as dey go either
#best econonical advice ever wink
lol
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
stunningjudy:

I know...and ur point is?
my point be say I dey trip for you.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by stunningjudy(f): 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
shadowgwalker:
my point be say I dey trip for you.
grin
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by nnamdizen(m): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
Bigcake:
Bro do you need a break down?
pls do sir
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ishilove:

3k fot ring?? Your 'ijebu' carry gold medal undecided

He is only being practical.. these days it is the thought that counts and the actions not the worth of the material. my friend got robbed with his N70k gold ring and his wife's jewelleries she had been gathering from their days at the university.. what a loss well into the N1M+ range.
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
my advise.. budget like N500k no more no less .. if you get dough wella then cut down expenses by booking Sheraton Hotels ikeja for a wedding package.. space, drinks, food, arrangements, photographer etc for under N1m. if not, see below

Pre-wedding Rules
1: Chose a season when weddings are not traditionally expensive (Easter, Sallah, Christmas or New Year) the closer to the end of the year the more expensive
2: Start making rich or well-to-do friends and relatives local and abroad e.g at the club, gym, workplace, conferences, seminars, training, walks and various (FREE) awarness programs.. make it a duty to keep in touch with them, bounce of ideas, wish them happy birthdays, go to their kids birthday parties etc.. when you ask them to chip-in their part, it won't come as an unpleasant surprise. at least target 30% of your wedding expenses from that portion of your budget. keep a list of only important people on facebook, linked-in instagram etc
3: Start saving for the occasion like 2 years ahead (God will understand if you divest your tithes to this divine instruction)
4: Resist the temptation to lavishly plan your spending.. it is the one day many invitees will forget in a hurry and you will remember for life. therefore.. you are all that matters
5: Plan your invitation list early and invite only those who can donate generously before considering others who just want to show up to take photos and eat your food and collect plastic and umbrella. keep it low and high-quality between 40-60 people including friends and family. not everyone will hate you for not inviting them.. remember, if dem no contribute to your life before marriage, why would they afterwards.
6: Of your list of well2do friends, most will be willing to lend you their expensive rides (at least 5 rides) for your day with your beau.. for the Cameras and papparazi
7: Modus Operandi - Start with Registry, White-wedding flowing into the Traditional if not you go spend twice on chops, them go move from Church to Traditional saving you huge costs - no midn wetin people go talk

Costs Budget Planning.
my 2cents advice - Buy dollars immediately because it can only rise in comparison to the Naira.. already doing N235 at the parallel market. This move will save you a lot in costs when you are ready to wed

Registry Wedding=N30k for fees, food and pictures (important cos US\UK embassy value Registry (Ikoyi Registry) Documents than Church own grin grin
Traditional Wedding
Drinks Alomo, BECKS etc 3 cartons = N15k (for Area boys and uninvited who will show up)
Drinks Macdowell, Vodka = N30k (each between N1,4 - N2,5 per bottle) this should service a guest list of N40 conveniently after-all dem no come drink die on-top your wedding abi?
Drinks MOET 5-7 bottles only (N40k Max price am wella) for important guests
Drinks Soft (Plastic) 10 crates mixed =N24k
Drinks Water in Small bottles 10 crates = N10k

FOOD
Safer to use Wedding Caterers but avoid the likes of awon KOTS and Wine&Gold, 12B etc if you no wan close your bank account. go to Lagos Island for independent contractors grin you will do no more than N130k for 40 people

DJ
I hope you have been arrraning the DJs of the various clubs you visited before marriage.. you can do between N10k-N20k for the day, Free food, chops and drinks for them

MC
I fit do am for you for N10k as an aspiring comedian,otherwise talk to a rising junior pastor in your church or old school mate who likes the sound of his own voice

Wedding Dress: Please rent a good one, make sure to carry it for spiritual cleansing and prayers before taking it to the dry-cleaners = N30k it looks N100k trust me.

Food, Semo, Amala,Pounded Yam with plenty of soup varieties.
1 Bag of 50kg cheap long-grain rice (N12k)
Condiments (tin tomatoes, carrots etc)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by valchris10: 5:11am On Nov 19, 2015
Whether its documentary style, music video style, cinematic or story telling style, you get to make your choice on what suits you. We also pay attention to location scouting to determine camera setup and angles, audio, lightning setup where necessary, attend wedding rehearsals, bride and groom preparation/dressing n makeup, interviews etc.

Honeymoon/dating Photo montage and same day edits for display at wedding receptions, events live internet streaming, complete post production including color grading, DVD menu creation, printing, casing n mass duplication.

Is It Your Wedding

Visit us @ www,x-mz.org

Call 0809-462-4666

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Emmaxmusic(m): 5:37am On Jun 12, 2016
Barselonia:
30k ..... just to organised tent and chair
20k for ur area musician

reason...... Because the wedding Na during fasting period grin

no need for feeding grin
shey the musician no go bring instrument come na accapella dem do come do .
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 05, 2016
clementcro:
Must you do a noisy wedding? after spending 1.5m on wedding now, what will you and your wife eat after the wedding?

Most people do noisy wedding just to satisfy their families.

90 percent of couple live in struggles durrring the first 2-3 month of their marriage, because they will be busy paying back photographers and other bills they have incured during wedding.

Go for a low key wedding, this is my 1k to you. so you and your wife can live in abundance after the wedding.

This is also my plan too, cos i will be getting married before the middle of this year.

are you married now?? and how much did u spend?? cheesy
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Midekin(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
hello, y stressing urself when u can have a classic wedding for each of the perfect budget packages.

Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
bengoodcreature:
I am so hapy for this post, cs am about to do mine by April this yr, pls i need more advices especialy those that have weded

are you married now?? and how much did u spend?? cheesy
Re: How Much Should An AVERAGE Nigerian Male Budget For Marraige by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2016
This thread has been very insightful, especially for those of us whose marriages are imminent grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ugandan Couple Drive In Open Truck After Their Wedding Ceremony. Photos / This Is What Happens At A 'digital Nigerian Wedding' / Need A Dj For Your Events!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.