Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) (2601 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by AllRoundGist: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
While the Murtala Muhammed International Airport is in a sorry state, the Aviation minister Stella Oduah is busy buying two cars for $1.6 million. What a shame! Dele Momodu was at the Lagos International Airport and he did some inspections and shared the pictures online for all, especially madam Stella Oduah to see. He used the medium to appeal to her to save the international Airport.
More pix in the link below
http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/10/see-sorry-state-of-mmia-arrival-lounge.html#more

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by ilaugh1: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
nonsense

3 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by taharqa: 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2013
This is now getting reali SILLLY and annoying. And I thereby Temporarily withdraw my earlier position, urging d Min of Aviation to resign on account of the stu.pid move and WASTE that was d purchase of two Armour Cars. NOW, I want her to stay; I want sm people to DIE...... By d way, did Dele Momodu also take Pics from other already completed and expanded parts of that same Airport where MASSIVE work have been taken place, like d Terminals D and E Sections?? Did he take Pics of d Expanded and world class Departure hall with 18 Immigration pods up and down, Carousals, Conveyor Belts and Baggage areas, etc? Why wud a person take Pics of a few sections of an Airport still undergoing Rehabilitation/Remodelling- an Airport which by d way hv practically not bn touched in d last 20 yrs- and try to give d impression that nothing is bn done. That is so Dishonest and Sick!!... Reminds me of d Tortoise who having spent 6days 23hrs in a shitty pit, finali sees a passers-by in that last hr, and then starts to shout at d top of his voice that d stench from d pit is about to kill him!!! There sure are many Tortoises in this country

18 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by zeelo2014: 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
This is the height of hatred!!

11 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
This is becoming too childish.Yoruba people please grow up

11 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by mhizbanega(f): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
well, M not surprised. The Yoruba's are naturally dirty group of people ... Sure the minister must have worked on this part of the airport.. Buh as yuh know our S.W brothers made it a mess.. Please m neither a tribalist nor a hater.. Just talking from experience.. Like ma yoruba neighbour's house is so dirty, yuh have to wipe your foot before yuh go outside. So terrible... Smh!

12 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Longeria(m): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
chukwudi44: This is becoming too childish.Yoruba people please grow up
Yoruba is another meaning of EVIL.

4 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by baslone: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
taharqa: [b] already completed and expanded parts of that same Airport where MASSIVE work have been taken place, like d Terminals D and E Sections?? Did he take Pics of d Expanded and world class Departure hall with 18 Immigration pods up and down, Carousals, Conveyor Belts and Baggage areas, etc?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by blacksta(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
I dont understand the complaint from you lot - You guys have been brandishing on our airports are currently total undergoing transformation. It is seem you enjoy propaganda and throw tantrums when the truth eventually comes out. Correct Airport transformation is really far from a few cosmetic changes here and there. I would rather prefer an airport with run down seating and exterior looks where adequate importance have been placed on Aircraft safety, traffic control and other important operations.

1 Like

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Where was Dele Momodu when his friend Mr. Fanny Kayode was the Aviation Minister. These holes and disrepair were there then. How come Angel Dele never saw them? His appeal would have made sense if he had directed it to his friend. Or is he indirectly recognizing the transformation brought by the current minister as compared to his lazy friend in choosing who to complain to.

8 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
KenGali: Where was Dele Momodu when his friend Mr. Fanny Kayode was the Aviation Minister. These holes and disrepair were there then. How come Angel Dele never saw them? His appeal would have made sense if he had directed it to his friend. Or is he indirectly recognizing the transformation brought by the current minister as compared to his lazy friend in choosing who to complain to.
what did u expect from him if u investigate well u will discover that he may had benefitted during FFK tenure as aviation minister

5 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
chukwudi44: This is becoming too childish.Yoruba people please grow up
Maybe Patrick Wilmot, the Jamaican sociologist, that once lectured in ABU, Zaria, before IBB deported him is also a Yoruba man. He said in a book, I can't remember the title, that the toilets of all the airports and some of the VCs in Nigeria don't function.
Igbo, grow up.

1 Like

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
mhizbanega: well, M not surprised. The Yoruba's are naturally dirty group of people ... Sure the minister must have worked on this part of the airport.. Buh as yuh know our S.W brothers made it a mess.. Please m neither a tribalist nor a hater.. Just talking from experience.. Like ma yoruba neighbour's house is so dirty, yuh have to wipe your foot before yuh go outside. So terrible... Smh!
See how childish and foölish you are: so the "Yoruba" airport is used by only Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by DerideGull(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
MMIA has been a national disgrace since Obasanjo’s first term as president of Nigeria yet delemomodu grew blind.
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
DerideGull: MMIA has been a national disgrace since Obasanjo’s first term as president of Nigeria yet delemomodu grew blind.
Grandpa, FYI OBJ built MMIA2.
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
All Round Gist: While the Murtala Muhammed International Airport is in a sorry state, the Aviation minister Stella Oduah is busy buying two cars for $1.6 million. What a shame! Dele Momodu was at the Lagos International Airport and he did some inspections and shared the pictures online for all, especially madam Stella Oduah to see. He used the medium to appeal to her to save the international Airport.
More pix in the link below
http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/10/see-sorry-state-of-mmia-arrival-lounge.html#more

[size=15pt]ILLITERATE DROPOUT. IS YOUR IQ TOO LOW TO UNDERSTAND THE AIRPORT IS UNDERGOING COMPREHENSIVE REMODELLING AS WE SPEAK, AND THEREFORE, AS ANY BUILDING UNDER SUCH RENOVATION, WILL NOT BE IN OPTIMAL CONDITION FOR OPERATION? DAFT, IGNORANT, STUPI.D MONGOOSE.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
KenGali: Where was Dele Momodu when his friend Mr. Fanny Kayode was the Aviation Minister. These holes and disrepair were there then. How come Angel Dele never saw them? His appeal would have made sense if he had directed it to his friend. Or is he indirectly recognizing the transformation brought by the current minister as compared to his lazy friend in choosing who to complain to.

What do you expect from that dumb, fat idio.t who has made it his job to play happy slave to thieving elite since we ever heard his name?
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by PapaBrowne(m): 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
The height of brazen tribalism. I am getting tired of this crap and seriously all this is really potraying Yorubas in a very bad light.
I have loads of Yoruba friends and relatives and they are not as bad and tribalistic as many online urchins are beginning to make them look.

If Dele Momodu really snapped this picture, then he is a calous snake because he is a frequent user of that airport and knows that this is the first time ever that any attempt whatsoever has been made to give any sense of sanity to the Airports accross Nigeria.

The toilet in the picture I have used at least 30 times(to pee only) in the last 5 years, Majority of which have been since 2011. Pre 2011, I always stepped in with my nostrils and eyes closed, take a lick and run for my life. Stella Oduah came in and gave that toilet some sanity. The place is a million times better and any frequent traveler can attest to that even though the place is still a mess mainly because we have a very crude culture in Nigeria.

No matter what anyone says, the Aviation sector has experience the biggest improvement it has ever witnessed in 50 years of its existence.

Only tribalists would see the improvement and speak negatively of it. Its just pathetic what jealousy causes people to do. Surely Dele Momodu is a tribalist. Nobody should come here to tell me the man is Edo!!

2 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by DerideGull(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Orlando Owoh:

MoR0n, I have heard this form of inherent falsehood before now. Remember you and ilk wrote Awolowo built Lagos yet Ibadan where he operated his magical feats remained a cocoa farm camp till today.
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by cashkid18(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
DerideGull:

MoR0n, I have heard this form of inherent falsehood before now. Remember you and ilk wrote Awolowo built Lagos yet Ibadan where he operated his magical feats remained a cocoa farm camp till today.
grin gringrin

1 Like

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Youngster
find your information MMIA2 does not exist.
We have MMA2 which is a domestic terminal.
Of course MMA domestic which has been uplifted by the current minister escaped Dele Momodu's attention.
If he cannot praise for what has been achieved, he has no reason making appeals.

1 Like

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by scribble: 7:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
lol...dear igbo people calm down...we are sorry for dirtying the airport....let me also use this opportunity to apologize for us Yoruba's dirtying Yaba market, Ladipo market, Alaba market, Owerri, Onitsha, etc etc

We are very sorry. dont be annoyed. the minister can continue to be there and steal, after all it is Yoruba money she is stealing.

God bless...good night
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
yorubas are really pathetic set of people,I must confess.

1 Like

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by ballabriggs: 7:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
After renovation and the so-called remodelling, what next? Kemakolam Chikwe massively renovated MMIA as Minister, today it looks like a farm house.

Point is, it is not all about awarding contracts to build or renovate. It is about sustainability and sustainable development. That the government pours revenue into airports that are not economically viable is criminal. Some of these airports handle just one flight and at most three flights in a day. Where do you get money to operate then? These airports must be left to operate efficiently and away from the control of vampire politicians. Airports are big businesses and not tools for propaganda and criminal politicking.
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by talktimi(m): 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
Another KICK STELLA OUT thread. Una bigotry no dey end ?
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by oseo1(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
MMIA is in a better state than I have seen it at any point in the last 15 years that I have been travelling through it frequently. A mop in a bucket in the bathroom is hardly something to scream about. Anyone who knows anything about MMIA and can be honest and objective will give some credit to the minister. I have used the bathrooms and they are in excellent shape and do not smell bad. Let's be truthful to ourselves. The conveyor belt migh have a panel removed but it's still working. You cannot abandon something for decades and expect it to be back looking and functioning like brand new overnight.

7 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
ballabriggs: After renovation and the so-called remodelling, what next? Kemakolam Chikwe massively renovated MMIA as Minister, today it looks like a farm house.

Point is, it is not all about awarding contracts to build or renovate. It is about sustainability and sustainable development. That the government pours revenue into airports that are not economically viable is criminal. Some of these airports handle just one flight and at most three flights in a day. Where do you get money to operate then? These airports must be left to operate efficiently and away from the control of vampire politicians. Airports are big businesses and not tools for propaganda and criminal politicking.

Your st.upidity wears a hat and carries a walking stick, as we say in my hometown.

5 Likes

Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by EzePromoe: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
Only one set of people criticizing this minister. HABA!
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by eaglechild: 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Maybe Patrick Wilmot, the Jamaican sociologist, that once lectured in ABU, Zaria, before IBB deported him is also a Yoruba man. He said in a book, I can't remember the title, that the toilets of all the airports and some of the VCs in Nigeria don't function.
Igbo, grow up.
You are absolutely right, and that was during FFKU's tenure.
Now they are functional.
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by ballabriggs: 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Your st.upidity wears a hat and carries a walking stick, as we say in my hometown.

Hey, stick to what you know how to do best- butt kissing.

You are too foolish to engage with.
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by mhizbanega(f): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
See how childish and foölish you are: so the "Yoruba" airport is used by only Yoruba?
no, buh who's suppose to keep the lagos airport tidy? I.e make it look clean and neat, The minister abi? DumbFuçk
Re: See The Sorry State Of MMIA Arrival Lounge In Lagos, Nigeria. (photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
DerideGull:

Grandpa, you're going senile. I hope you're pooing and peeing on your and even crying when hungry like some old people?
At your age you should know the difference between Lagos and Lagos State, especially upto the 1970s. Lagos, made up of the mainland and island and Surulere, was the capital of Nigeria. Every other part including Ikeja was part of Western Region. Obafemi Awolowo, as Premier, built the Ikeja Industrial Estate. Have you not read in old books on politics and army where people claim they arrived at the Ikeja Airport near Lagos? Or have you not read Gowon saying he left the Ikeja Baracks for Lagos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tools Gej Use To Divide Nigerians / President Obama Endorses GEJ Appeals To Nigeria To Vote For Continuity / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.