Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! (109517 Views)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Dele Momodu’s Photo Album And Other Stories From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by SHAAWA: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2013
@Op thanx for taking us on a trip down the memory lane. I truely enjoyed the ride....am disembarking on this ride singing...

Ten green bottles standing on the wall,
if one green bottle should accidentally fall down

Nine green bottles standing on the wall.....
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by VICMIK: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2013
Quite interesting topic.Edet lives in Calabar.Mr Nwosu and his family.Gandoki,the story teller.Obi is a boy.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by toygod2: 8:25am On Oct 21, 2013
i rmemba dat story of, One-eyed-sunday & Ikemefunacheesy

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by donmat: 8:27am On Oct 21, 2013
nikkypearl: i attended public school;(
Mr. & Mrs Bako
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2013
African night entertainment or so, where a man wooed a girl with charm that later backfired.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by zeongeon: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2013
Who still remembers KONKI
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2013
Obi is a boy... by the time I left school, Obi was still a boy and I wonder when this Obi will become a man. grin grin grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by tolugiwa(f): 9:12am On Oct 21, 2013
NOEC Primary 4: Mr Giwa is a shop keeper, He lives in Lawal's village. He sells buttons, pins, needles- I have forgotten the rest jhoor!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by hyelhira: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2013
In which of the books is/was the story of "Ali and the Angel"? Ali was a scammer grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ngoyo(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2013
Do u know d groundnut boy, d groundnut boy, d groundnut boy
Do u know d groundnut boy, who lives in our compound.......
Jst cant get dis off my head.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Eyinojuoluwa1(f): 9:33am On Oct 21, 2013
dr dams: 1. Agbo lives in the town of Lagoon, which is not far from Ibadan, he went to primary school, he was in primary 4. Everyone like Agbo becos he was a good boy...........

2. Malam Gandoki's Story.
3. Alibaba and the 40 thieves
4. There is an Old woman , who lives in the Shoe, she has so many children, she dont know what to do.
5. All d stories in Intensive English where superb also (na Project dem dey read now)
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Emiree: 9:34am On Oct 21, 2013
dr.laykay:
Mr sada is a farmer, he lives in sapele, he has a big farm.he grows yam,cassava and groundnuts.every saturday he goes to farm bt on sundays,he goes to church.can u see his church in the picture? grin

This is the key of the kingdom
In dat kingdom there is a city
In that city there is a town
In that town there is a street
In that street there is a lane
On that lane there is a yard
In that yard,there is a house
In that house there is a room
In that room there is a bed
On that bed there is a basket
In that basket,there are some flowers
Flowers in d basket,basket on the bed
Bed in the room,room in the house
House in the yard,yard on the lane
Lane in the street,street in the town
Town in the city,city in the kingdom
Of that kingdom,this is the key grin cheesy

Wow... this got me grinning from ear to ear. How about the one about rain? cant remember the lines at all again, but it started with dry season, then the wet season.

"Tomorrow will be the same again
or will it rain?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Oxygenmayo(m): 10:01am On Oct 21, 2013
What about the likes of Ali and Simbi? Who also remembers Brighter Grammar..1-6..I can jump, I can run, I can play in the hay. May i go to the hay in the rain. Still very fresh in the memory...

The story of Mahatma Gandhi..Gandoki..Uthman Dan Fodio and legendary heroes...Abeg wetin dem they read now?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Chinoble(f): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2013
bory09: lorry driver
lorry driver
will you take me for a ride
......yes i will take you
small little boy
haha.......yes i will take u little man
. Climb on d steps and jump inside. Look @ d picture. Can u see d lorry? D driver is talking to d policeman. D policeman said; drive carefully dnt driver fast. I never drive fast d driver said. I drive carefully. I am a good driver.
Don't know whether am correct though but who rememba dis

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Chinoble(f): 10:28am On Oct 21, 2013
Lolz... Looks like everyone has forgotten mr ekpeyoung bassey or effiong bassey or wateva! Well, i dnt blame u guys cus to me dats d hardest passege. Do u remember ali and omo went to fetch water.........? I love dat passage with ralia.

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Chinoble(f): 10:34am On Oct 21, 2013
But i hate dat book 'qeen primer/ brighter grammer' no matter how many times i read it, e no dey enter. I used to cram all my readers from modulle one to d last but dat simple 'i am in go up' i always find it difficult.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by LordBabs(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2013
Agbo lives in Calabar, he is 8 years old....
And his counterpart, Simbi.
Also, Owie, the flute player...that arrogant son of a b-itch! Evergreen tales!
@Op, the reminiscence is adorable!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Surestontop(f): 10:55am On Oct 21, 2013
Lolz.... Tunde visit Ibadan, Tunde birthday party, Build your child build your home, The punishment, Sugar girl, The magic land of the shadow, koku baboni,etc.... I cant forget it all i miss those days

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by wjxavier(m): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2013
Mr Bako was a Teacher. His sons name is Alade and daughter is Biola. They travelled all over the country.

Where are all these good books sef. #NOEC.

Also remember Ladybird series. Peter and Jane.

Ah! Don't even talk about Famous Five. Andrew, Julian, Anne, Bob and cousin George and dog...err...Timothew grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by wjxavier(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2013
NOEC pry 1. Ananse....who ownsThis house.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by cycline404(m): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2013
I remember GANDOKI the warrior Pry 5
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by vhickky(f): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2013
it's lyk u guyz didn't read mastering english, who remembers the story of the guy dat tricks people that wolfs are attacking his sheep, or dat of the money doubler, or the story of the 2 friends that wanted to skin a lion............those days.......it was fun sha.......
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
Yh....good old days...ders agbo,ali and simbi,chief koko's bicycle,ade our naughty little brother,ifeanyi and obi,edet,odion and wakama,sugar girl,the magic land of shadows(one of my favs),koku baboni(d lady in white),chike and the river(row row row ya boat...),shettima and fatima(think the title of d book is d slave boy's story),drummer boy,and derz queen priemer(she goes up,up she goes,are we to go up?yes we are to go up bla bla bla) and many more
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by write2obi(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
I can hear, my teacher reciting them continueslly so it'll enter my block head

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by sylve11: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2013
funny how time slips away. cry sad cool
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by willyray(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
the son of Mr Malaika was my fav. smiley good memories
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Tempsokes(m): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
How many of una remember TALES OUT OF SCHOOL.... BAYO n IKE... WITOUT A SILVER SPOON.... Erugo iyanma wey dope en papa say dm dey pay for religion kappa...lol.... Still steal ibeneme dough say na ure chokwe!!!....
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by mcsnup: 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
can't get my finger on any of them no more, what an age...this text/story books are no longer in bookshops and i need to have a copy of each, because our children are coming!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
Haba!!!!!!!! Nobody is talking about Iwe Alawiye Yoruba here, despite reading the whole of Macmillan books back then; have we forgotten so soon funny stories like that too in our Yoruba books for those who schooled in Lagos or in the Western region. Stories "Aja je isu oba, a o ba e be", "Inoki nsa, Alao ki gbe, irobo nyo nidi baba elemu". Children of now adays only learn to speak English at their tender age but never enjoy the old school day books we read then in the late 80's to early 90's. And I guess we all know that the condemnation of this old syllabus brought about great decline in the standard of education till date.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by jessicabanks: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
hmmmmn lovely moments i can't 4get
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by nursemyke: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
Did anybody remembers the Bako's family. The children were on long vacation so they decided to tour round the country. They were in Kaiji dam, Ewekoro cement and lots of places.

Another one is this "It is Monday all the children are going back to the school, they are wearing their school clothes", Remember Konki and Tinka, hmmmmm Ahmadu lives in Markudi beside river Benue, he has a sister called Jummai.

my own problem be say my papa and mama are both civil servants who were always on transfer so we keep changing school. I read lots of books then while I was younger.

Pacesetters: Mark of cobra, Ebvu My Love, For Rebbecca and Mbata, Director, Sisi, Sweet Revenge, and so many which I cant remember the title now.

Macmillan Junior series: Gulliver's Travel, Animal Farm, Silas manner, Tales of Two Cities, David Copperfield, Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe, and The Shakespeare junior series.

Beggar's Strike, Bride Price, and the Boy Slave, the Return of Shetima, other series. Hmmmmmmmmmm..................

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Elizabethoni(f): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
Fun days!!!

Ali and Simbi..Edet ,Mr n Mrs Salami,

The story where Edet was in a lorry going to calabar

The story of the cloud changing with an heavy downpour with Edet/ Ali/ Agbo In the picture

Mr salami is a farmer,he lives in sapele,he has a big farm,he grows rice,banana and groundnut...

Come and buy my beans,come and buy groundnut...

Also the man who stole banana abi oranges with coins from a "careless" trader,I so remember the picture/graphics. I believe those graphics helped us to find the books more interesting!

I want those books!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.