Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,251 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! (109557 Views)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Dele Momodu’s Photo Album And Other Stories From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Indrani(f): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
Confusion:
Please i cant remember which class was this but i still sing it sometimes

Old roger is dead and gone to his grave
ho ha gone to his grave
they planted a mango tree over his head
ho ha over his head
mango tree grew ride and fell on the ground
ho ha fell on the ground
an old woman came by to pick them all up
ho ha pick them all up
old roger woke up and gave her a knock
ho ha gave her a knock

i hope i got it
how time fliessssssss
shld be pry 3 or 4

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Alhajipablo(m): 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
Indrani:
shld be pry 3 or 4
lol old Roger was in nursery 2 but it was a primary one book.Primary 6 had been cancelled during my set.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by fixmykey(m): 7:28am On Feb 25, 2017
i read konki and tinka too also brighter grammar nice books

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Willexmania(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2018
KBARBIE:
who remembered akin the drummer boy.
How Can I Forget?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Fmartin(m): 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
alabsmichael:
Hi i read and i remember them all.Mr and Mrs Bako,Alade and Biola,Ali and the angel,David and Mary,Abdul and his tea without sugar who tried to decieve the king,Ali and simbi Edet,Agbo,Emeka wakama kunle bola and Rose Obi and nneka,Rufus,Audu,titi,sarah,eze,etim,amedu and okopi ,osaro and the volunteer,i remember them all
its like you went to more than one primary school for you to have known alade and biola, ali and simbi , agbo ede, rufus etim sarah joseph titi grin grin i attended three primary schools
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ndipe(m): 6:13am On May 26, 2018
https://www.google.com/search?ei=Z-wIW7r4IMGOsQXPmqzoBA&q=macmillan+primary+english+books%2C+nigeria&oq=macmillan+primary+english+books%2C+nigeria&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.12..0i22i30j33i160.2390.5884..6666...0....172.1302.0j9......0....1.........0j0i71j33i22i29i30j33i21.9KSyAjg5zxw%3D
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by alabsmichael(m): 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2018
olarevo:
Can you still remember Toma and Tani, also Mr Garuba and Mrs Garuba?
The story line is going to kano is devided into three parts;
On the farm
leaving the farm
going to kano.
Late 70s
Yes
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Proffdada: 8:07am On Oct 26, 2018
clefstone:
Gandoki lived a charmed life.........one of my favorite story. I remember d picture of Gandoki riding a horse nd bearing a sword. Wen i grew older i figured out Gandoki was probably a Jihadist in his days. Donno if i'm ryt.
Also recall the story of the trader who narrated the funny story about hw he eluded some criminals.
gandoki was a terrorist who inspired boko haram
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by alabsmichael(m): 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
Yes, I went to more than one primary school.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by olusoladivine1: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mr. Dada is a farmer, he lives in Sapele... Who remembers please?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by olusoladivine1: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ali and Simbi - Pry 1 & 2
Edet - Pry 3
Agbo & Uncle Mike Pry 4
Rose & Bola Pry 5
Wakama, Odion, Emeka and Kunle - Pry 6

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ndipe(m): 8:06am On Mar 02, 2019
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Lorst(m): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2019
The Railway

Waiting at the railway
Waiting by the line
Waiting for the train
Coming down the line.

Wagons on the railway
Full of goods and coal,
Engine on the railway
Hear its iron wheels roll.

Woman by the railway
Basket on her head.
Traders on the railway
Selling loaves of bread.

Travellers by the railway
Sitting on a seat.
Dogs by the railway
Sleeping on the heat.

Beggars by the railway
Sitting on the ground.
Children by the railway
Dancing round and round.

Porter by the railway
Lifts a heavy load.
Lorry by the railway
Waiting on the road.

Waiting at the railway
Waiting by the line
Waiting for the train
Coming down the line.

cry cry Memories cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by KBARBIE(f): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2019
fixmykey:
i read konki and tinka too also brighter grammar nice books

Yea konki and tinka, I think they were made of jointed woods..can't really remember anymore.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Obatolysis(m): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2019
Indrani:
shld be pry 3 or 4

Old Roger is dead and gone to his grave. Hmm, Haa, gone to his grave
He planted an apple over his head. Hmm, haa, over his head
The apple grew ripe and ready to drop. Hmm, haa ready to drop
There came a whirlwind which blew them all of. Hmm Haa, blew them all of.
There came an old woman to pick them all up. Hmm Haa, pick them all up
Old Roger got up and gave her a knock, Hmm, Haa gave her a knock.
Which made the old woman go hippity hop. Hmm haa hippity hop
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Pearlyakin(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
olusoladivine1:
Mr. Dada is a farmer, he lives in Sapele... Who remembers please?
It's actually Mr Sada.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by alshalz(m): 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
EzePromoe:

You guys are confusing someone here o.
Meanwhile, Someone said Obi who was a boy is now a governor.
And Here comes the indomie boy
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by pandax: 11:41am On Sep 06, 2020
KBARBIE:

Yea konki and tinka, I think they were made of jointed woods..can't really remember anymore.

Must have been in Nationwide English in Primary 1 or 2, before Macmillan English

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by fastlane7(m): 10:51pm On May 31, 2021
In my primary 4 (1978), here is what I can still remember:
Chapter one:
Paragraph1:
A long time ago, there was a man, whose name was Ali. He wanted to get rich quickly, but did not want to work hard.

Paragraph 2:
So one morning, he went out of the city, to a place where there were no houses. There, began to build a small house of wood and stones.
His friends came and watched him, and one of them said, "You have got a house in the city, why are you building another one here?"

Paragraph 3:
Ali said, you will see, now please go away and let me get on with my work. So they went away, shaking their heads, and thought he was mad.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by djbaba: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truly is now a confirmed runsgirl
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 5:31am On Mar 04, 2022
pandax:

Must have been in Nationwide English in Primary 1 or 2, before Macmillan English

Can one still find these beautiful classics today?
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ndipe(m): 1:35am On Mar 05, 2022
I remember all these characters. I miss these books, where can one purchase them?

olusoladivine1:
Ali and Simbi - Pry 1 & 2
Edet - Pry 3
Agbo & Uncle Mike Pry 4
Rose & Bola Pry 5
Wakama, Odion, Emeka and Kunle - Pry 6
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Apostlewealth: 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
come and buy my rice! come and buy my beans! come and buy some tin of milk the market woman said...oh i will buy some rice....
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Chicadedieu: 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2022
Hello all.

Who remembers the story of a flute player or a drum player that plays very well for the king. Then he decided to pretend that he was dead in order to know how valuable he was in the kindgom and see how much he would be missed.
After the mourning, the king got another drummer to replace him.
He came back and said it was all a joke, but the king had already replaced him.
I think his name is Kola. I would like to get the text. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Ndipe(m): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2023
I remember the story. The village mourned his "death" until they found another another flute player. They made comparisons by saying the new one was better than him. When he heard all this while dwelling in the bush, he became jealous. One day he stepped out to collect his flute. The picture of the villagers when they saw him was epic. Wonderful memories.

Chicadedieu:
Hello all.

Who remembers the story of a flute player or a drum player that plays very well for the king. Then he decided to pretend that he was dead in order to know how valuable he was in the kindgom and see how much he would be missed.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Tohlu20: 12:29am On Aug 08, 2023
Good old days
Does anyone still have those books especially Nigeria primary english(Audu & Sarah) also Oxford reader (The Bakos)
Also looking for Sade and her friends & the Birthday party literature.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by oxladexo(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2023
Chicadedieu:
Hello all.

Owe abi na Owie the flute player

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.