Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,720 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

A Thread For Body Builders - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For Body Builders (64146 Views)

Body-builders Please Get In Here / Forever Lite Ultra With Aminotein Shake Good For Sports People, Body Builders / Vitamin & Minerla Supplements For Body Builders! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by brosdoncome(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Anuoluwap: Introduction Anuoluwap on this one.
My very type of thread k, I'm an addict when it comes to body building. I don't know about all these sources of food you've been mentioning. I just eat what's available in the right proportion, I do local fitness exercise I don't go to gym or lifting weights.
I can do over 50press up, over 100 push up. Having my complete six-packs(last two never show well well lol ^_^)

U gym up leave down........I bet u, u look like person wey dey use wheelchair grin
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by OmoAlata1(f): 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
yusufogrin: i heard of a protien stuff named cratine.........but i dont know how much it cost..........my main problem is to get a flat belly........cuz weneva i finish eating..my belly will look like that of jide kosoko....any training on that?

You are overrating if your belly gets that big after eating. Portion control is very important. You can eat small small portions throughout the day
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ojj(m): 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
Getting that desired body shape is not easy for it takes determination n continuity.Worked hard to get there and not stopping anytime soon.its fittness all the way.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
Am still down with da lifts but now placing more emphasis on my legs. I made d mistake of focusing only on my arms chest n yeah,my shoulders but now am hitting da roads n thats taking care of the entire leg muscles n da 6 packs,ya know. Same time i never neglect my chest n shoulders..
milk shakes n eggs are better than those shapers
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Rexlaw(m): 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
Greetings folks...nice topic by the way...ive been working out since i was 17...ill be 46 in Dec...the question we have to ask ourselves is "are we lifting to look good or for the long haul...i started off lifting to look good ...big musles etc...as time went along it became more necessary to lift less weight and focus on more cardio...dont get me wrong i still lift but lifting is not my focus in the gym...i typically do 40 minutes of cardio and lift for 25mins...my point is if you focus on lifting you should throw in some cardio as well because musle weighs more than fat...so lets say you lift for a long period of time and you stop...the muslcles uve acquired will eventually turn to fat...so you've got to be careful...wish all you lifters all the best.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Chukkasy(m): 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
ok, i hav my 6 packs sorted, plus a little pecs...sit ups, press ups and pull ups does it 4 me, i dnt need weights, i dnt want 2 luk like incredible hulk abeg.....

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nice thread cool

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Bukato3: Nice thread cool

Nice pix.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by gayman99: 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
grin
Bukato3: Nice thread cool

[img][/img]

No matter how hard u try, i don't see u matching my muscles in terms of size and quality. grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by joaquin64(m): 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
Professor D.:
I am no expert but a freak for muscles, currently I am one year into lifting weights and would love to continue for as long as possible...would love to meet people with like passion here and share ideas.

I have been looking forward to a thread like this finally. I am no expert in bodybuilding but I have been building muscle mass for over a year and been successful at it. I hated being skinny and that was fuel enough for me to push myself to grow, even though much later i started building for strength too not just to look better. We can exchange ideas and i could give u a pdfbook i used, followed all the rules and gained from. Firstly it is very important to do a lot of research and reading and then lots of trial and error with your own body till you get to understand how your body reacts to different food sources and different mass building exercises in the gym. Passion and motivation is important and very important to enjoy it while doing it and taking it one day at a time instead of rushing it. I like trading ideas too with other passionate builders and watching our progress (seeing gains). I don't know all but I am confident to say i have read a lot of building, nutrition and gym materials as well as watched many YouTube videos of it so I can help in answering one or two questions. I am trying hard to get myself to the position where i can help others like me (those guys who know being skinny is just not good looking at all and want to be not just better looking, but stronger and healthier) and be a motivation to them too.

Note to many Nigerian dudes: Being ridiculously starved-skinny and having "6 packs" is like a fat chick having big tits. IT DOES NOT COUNT!

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
*Kails*:

Nice pix.

Ty wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Lol @ that boast fail.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by OmoAlata1(f): 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rexlaw: Greetings folks...nice topic by the way...ive been working out since i was 17...ill be 46 in Dec...the question we have to ask ourselves is "are we lifting to look good or for the long haul...i started off lifting to look good ...big musles etc...as time went along it became more necessary to lift less weight and focus on more cardio...dont get me wrong i still lift but lifting is not my focus in the gym...i typically do 40 minutes of cardio and lift for 25mins...my point is if you focus on lifting you should throw in some cardio as well because musle weighs more than fat...so lets say you lift for a long period of time and you stop...the muslcles uve acquired will eventually turn to fat...so you've got to be careful...wish all you lifters all the best.

I lift so I don't get osteoporosis when I am older since women are prone to that. Plus at an old age, I want to be able to sit and get up without assistance.

Your statement about muscle turning into fat when you stop working out is completely FALSE. Fat and muscle are two completely different things with different physiological components. When you stop working out, your muscles will shrink and become flabby, not fat.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
gayman99: grin

[img][/img]

No matter how hard u try, i don't see u matching my muscles in terms of size and quality. grin grin grin

lmao grin
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Omo_Alata:

I lift so I don't get osteoporosis when I am older since women are prone to that. Plus at an old age, I want to able to sit and get up without assistance.

Your statement about muscle turning into fat when you stop working out is completely FALSE. Fat and muscle are two completely different things with different physiological components. When you stop working out, your muscles will shrink and become flabby, not fat.

True.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by adexsimply(m): 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
Following embarassed embarassed
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by s3nn2x(m): 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
#Following
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
joaquin64: Being ridiculously starved-skinny and having "6 packs" is like a fat chick having big tits. IT DOES NOT COUNT! [/b]

Loooool.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nice thread i must say. Firstly, i've always had the passion for looking fit. Now i have this weight-lifting equipment at home. Though im not regular (the office job factor), Its been helping. Friends commenting and all that... Ive been trying on the 6packs, follow this 8mins workout video on 6packs but im not impressed. Any practical advice?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by OmoAlata1(f): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
joaquin64:

I have been looking forward to a thread like this finally. I am no expert in bodybuilding but I have been building muscle mass for over a year and been successful at it. I hated being skinny and that was fuel enough for me to push myself to grow, even though much later i started building for strength too not just to look better. We can exchange ideas and i could give u a pdfbook i used, followed all the rules and gained from. Firstly it is very important to do a lot of research and reading and then lots of trial and error with your own body till you get to understand how your body reacts to different food sources and different mass building exercises in the gym. Passion and motivation is important and very important to enjoy it while doing it and taking it one day at a time instead of rushing it. I like trading ideas too with other passionate builders and watching our progress (seeing gains). I don't know all but I am confident to say i have read a lot of building, nutrition and gym materials as well as watched many YouTube videos of it so I can help in answering one or two questions. I am trying hard to get myself to the position where i can help others like me (those guys who know being skinny is just not good looking at all and want to be not just better looking, but stronger and healthier) and be a motivation to them too.

Note to many Nigerian dudes: Being ridiculously starved-skinny and having "6 packs" is like a fat chick having big tits. IT DOES NOT COUNT!

what type of program are you doing?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by OmoAlata1(f): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
zeevin: Nice thread i must say. Firstly, i've always had the passion for looking fit. Now i have this weight-lifting equipment at home. Though im not regular (the office job factor), Its been helping. Friends commenting and all that... Ive been trying on the 6packs, follow this 8mins workout video on 6packs but im not impressed. Any practical advice?

6 packs are made in the kitchen, the exercise is just a supplement. What you put in your mouth will determine whether you will get six packs or not. You need very clean diet
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by joaquin64(m): 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Omo_Alata:

I have tried so many different brands of whey protein and still haven't found any that I like. I just gave up on it.

Did you ever try Optimum Nutrition's whey protein? Its all i use. Its the best on the market. Dissolves perfectly.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by StoneColdBiceps(m): 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
STONE COLD BICEPS BOUNCERS

We are a unique security team of tested and trusted hands. we make sure our area of coverage is properly manned by highly intelligent bouncers with a very sound military and security background.

Because we know the terrain of corporate events and occasions in Nigeria, we tend to give our client more than they bargained for. We are physically and psychologically sound with vast technical know-how that is why we are strategically positioned to give our client the best they desire in corporate event and social gathering security.

We bounce with intelligence and integrity.

Our mission
To provide security solutions to our clients by the use of highly intelligent and skilled bouncers with sound military and security background for corporate events and social gatherings.

Our vision
To be the foremost security company in the provision of Corporate Bouncers and Industrial Security in Nigeria.

We supply from 1 to required number of Bouncers.

Give us a call today!

Desmond 08026443689
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by 2rez: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Kudos to tha initiator of diz topic. So soul soothin'. Body building z one of ma hobbiez i tell u. OP, blezz up mahn! To start wit, i got tha kinda body that wen I workout so well, I get to c tha result immediately, I min immediately. I appreciate my body wen I c maself in tha mirror buh due to tha stubbornnezz of ma body, wen am done working out, tha built-up musclez I worked so hard to get goez down gradually n I ll b like, WT*F! Of course some fellaz kno whaddam talkin 'bout. I got huge passion fo body building I tell othawise, I wouldav stoppt buh I didnt. I carried on, nawt mindin'. Outta curiosity n untiring research so az to retain tha built up musclez, I stumbled upon a drug dat makz tha musclez stay till eternity I bet u. Tiz z called "animal pump". Eva since I started tha usage, ma WT*F dayz were ova. Truzz me dey were ova. Talking about casilan 90, u get tha best result wen u takit alongside complan. Weight-on doez thasame magic too buh u gotta take like 5 bottlez
coupled wit vigorouz workoutz, daz all Thumbz up to y'all ladiez dat workout. Luv yo spiritz. Keep on dwain wat u kno how to do. Asyd from builtin musclez, abbz....like food, xercise makz one healthier.*w*

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Iaz93: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
yuzedo:
BOSS! I was looking for your comment on here. You are the REAL GYM Iyke! cheesy Your muscle can deflect a nuclear missile. shocked If you say i should leave NL i will pack my bags and go. Cold, bro, your muscles give me nightmare since the first day i saw your profile. embarassed I bet you can kill a goat with slap. angry

Professor D, that picture (if you) looks good. (#AbsolutelyNoHomo).. Your muscles and ridges are moderate, nothing out of proportion. Just the way i had aspired to look if i had continued my work-out routine.
gringringringringringrin

Chai!!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Simple daily routine for a start, even at home.

*20 push-ups
*30 sit-ups
*30 squats
*20 lunges
jumping jacks
*60 second
wall sit.
NB:Drink plenty of water during workouts,workouts that weaken you are not appropriate,you'v got to take it gently step by step...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Omo_Alata:

6 packs are made in the kitchen, the exercise is just a supplement. What you put in your mouth will determine whether you will get six packs or not. You need very clean diet
ok... I appreciate that. But i really do not think you've been helpful to me (No pun intended). So now, how do you mean? What kind of diet? Ill appreciate suggestions. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by OmoAlata1(f): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
joaquin64:

Did you ever try Optimum Nutrition's whey protein? Its all i use. Its the best on the market. Dissolves perfectly.

I have seen that brand but never tried it. Maybe I will get it one of these days. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
Iaz93: gringringringringringrin

Chai!!

Lol
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
1 cup of garri wit milk every morning will you maintain your muscles.. No be lie o!
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ojj(m): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
If u don't do abdominal sit ups regulary and think eating normal is going to give u 6pacs, then u are in for a long ride.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Caracta(f): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
adexsimply: Following embarassed embarassed

shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Black Soot: What My Ceiling Fan In Port Harcourt Looks Like (Photos) / What Is The Most Strong Weight Loss Pills ? / Two Nigerian Soldiers Test Positive For Coronavirus In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.