Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant (17297 Views)

Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
President GoodLuck Jonathan on Saturday, commissioned the 500 megawatts Omotosho Power Plant Phase 2 with four gas turbines in Ondo State.
This is coming exactly 16 days after the commissioning of the 434MW Geregu II plant in Kogi State and also the second of the 10 Nigerian Independent Power Project (NIPP) under the management of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) Ltd to be inaugurated.
It is moreover exciting to note that the Omotosho Power Project which is commissioned today was initiated in 2004 and has been abandoned between 2007 and 2009 due to funding problems.
Congratulating the President for his commitment and land marks in revitalizing the power sector, the Honorable Minister of power, Professor Chinedu Nebo remarked that the power sector has enjoined the position of No. 1 priority in this administration.
Speaking at the event, President Goodluck Jonathan noted that the new development was aimed at boosting the country’s capacity in generating 500MW of energy.
President also utilized the occasion to assure PHCN workers that are yet to get their severance package that the government is working towards that, urging them that there is no need for industrial action.

http://www.ceoafrica.com/viewnews.php?tabnews=2306

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
the Omotosho Power Project which is commissioned today was initiated in 2004 and has been abandoned between 2007 and 2009 due to funding problems.

OBJ is far ahead of other Nigerian presidents except Gowon and Buhari..

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by jmaine: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

OBJ is far ahead of other Nigerian presidents except Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan..

Fixed.

76 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
jmaine:

Fixed.

You know, I used to think you were objective but now, you stink. If you notice, I used to join issues with you when I thought you were neutral. but now that I know you are a PDP goon who will allow corruption just for PDP, I stopped quotting you, I stopped reading your comments except for this which I feel like using to let you know why your are an UTTER person!!

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Mekusnwa: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

I commend OBJ for initiating the power reforms and the NIPP Power projects which laid the foundation for the transformation work that GEJ is presently doing in power sector. However, serious credit must be given to GEJ for reviving and funding all these projects to completion. He is really working silently

49 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Arobam: 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
I like what GEJ is doing in power sector. Fresh Air

18 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Dollarman101: 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
grin bad belle people don start to wonder. I don't know why some fellows have repeatedly vowed to oppose anything Jonathan.
If this thread was about Fashola commissioning a project, our ear drums could have been filled with noise and sloganeering of "Eko ONI baje ooo". But since it's GEJ, it must be criticised.

Be that as it may, the transformation agenda of mr president is seriously on track and catapulting Nigeria to that enviable height where other developed nations thread. We have a president who is able to work on 10 power plants in less than 3 years thereby surpassing the number of plants delivered by all his predecessors combined.

Not done, GEJ has gone ahead to take the gigantic step of Privatising PHCN which has used bureaucracy to plunge the nation into age long darkness. It is indeed remarkable and represents a milestone in our quest for development.

For his reforms in power alone, Jonathan already has my vote for 2015.

47 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Tuntheycr7: 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
FRESH AIR tinz on point...
Vote for us come 2015 and we wud do more
Power to the people

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

You know, I used to think you were objective but now, you stink. If you notice, I used to join issues with you when I thought you were neutral. but now that I know you are a PDP goon who will allow corruption just for PDP, I stopped quotting you, I stopped reading your comments except for this which I feel like using to let you know why your are an UTTER person!!

Pls how many years does it take to build a 500MW power plant that obj couldn't complete.

This is one of ten my friend. You are the one that is not neutral, do I need to start telling you that electricity worsened under Obj undecided

42 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by eaglechild: 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

Yet he could not complete any of the power projects.

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by WarriPikin1: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
[size=14pt]FRESH AIR DEY BLOW!

GEJ MUST BE GIVEN TIME TO FIX OUR COUNTRY!

[/size]

32 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
Promhize:

Pls how many years does it take to build a 500MW power plant that obj couldn't complete.

This is one of ten my friend. You are the one that is not neutral, do I need to start telling you that electricity worsened under Obj undecided

You are making me an OBJ fan?

Really?

if it wasn't for what OBJ started on those NIPP projects, would GEJ have even thought of them sef talkless of completing them?

You can read where it said funding for the projects stopped from 2007 (When OBJ left) to 2009. Yaradua ressurected the projects and died.. GEJ is only doing the ceremonial part of the project. Thats all.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by jmaine: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

Your nonsense above leads to no where.

So you are the buffoon with the Brimmie handle.

Say another useless tripe and watch me unleash extreme venom on you. Appears you have forgotten the drill.

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fine.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by geeez: 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
[b]
By Chika Amanze-Nwachuku

09 Nov 2010

Energy

Hopes for improved power supply in the country have been rekindled as Olorunsogo is set to generate 250mw of electricity to the national grid.

The first phase of the Olorunsogo Power plant, which was among the three gas-fired plants built by the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo was to generate 304MW of electricity. But the plant has been out of operation since 2007, due to lack of gas supply.

However, THISDAY learnt last weekend that the faulty units in the plants have been rehabilitated, while plans are being put in place for the supply of gas to the power station.
It was learnt that work is in progress for the completion of the phase two of the thermal station, which is expected to add 750mw to the national grid.

The Obasanjo administration had planned to complete the phase two of the power station at a cost of $449 million, as government was poised to raise power generation to 10, 000mw by the end of 2007.
However, due to gas constraints, most of the power stations operated far below their installed capacities, while others were completely shut.

Information obtained by THISDAY showed that the 414 capacity Geregu Power station, could only generate about 100mw due to gas shortage. The plant, according to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) sources, requires 92mmscf/d.
Similarly, Omotosho power plant, with capacity to generate 304mw, could generate only 39mw but requires 75mmscf/d.
The three power plants - Geregu, Omotosho and Olorunsogo, were built in the twilight of the Obasanjo administration.
Rekindling hopes of improved power supply from the thermal stations, Managing Director of National Integrated Power Project (NIPP), Mr. James Olotu, disclosed that at least two units of the Olorunsogo plant, are expected to add about 250 mw, while another 500mw will come from the Alaoji and Sapele power stations respectively.

‘We are expecting that by the end of this year, Olorunsogo (Papalanto) will give us at least two units before December, which will give us about 250 mw, Alaoji Power plant is expected to give us at least one or two units, which will be another 250mw, two units from Sapele, which will give us another 250mw and the sum of these is about 750mw to be added to the national grid,” he had said.
The Executive Director, Operations, PHCN, Mr. John Ayodele, revealed recently that in addition to the 230 million standard cubic feet of gas per day (mmscf/d) received, additional 600mmscf of gas daily is needed to power the gas turbine stations.
[/b]

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

You are making me an OBJ fan?

Really?

if it wasn't for what OBJ started on those NIPP projects, would GEJ have even thought of them sef talkless of completing them?

You can read where it said funding for the projects stopped from 2007 (When OBJ left) to 2009. Yaradua ressurected the projects and died.. GEJ is only doing the ceremonial part of the project. Thats all.

Ceremonial part? lipsrsealed Now I know you are one of them APC apologists, no offence but there's no point exchanging words/views with you.

Jonathan is working much more than his predecessors, that's what I know.

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
geeez: [b]
By Chika Amanze-Nwachuku

09 Nov 2010

Energy

Hopes for improved power supply in the country have been rekindled as Olorunsogo is set to generate 250mw of electricity to the national grid.

The first phase of the Olorunsogo Power plant, which was among the three gas-fired plants built by the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo was to generate 304MW of electricity. But the plant has been out of operation since 2007, due to lack of gas supply.

However, THISDAY learnt last weekend that the faulty units in the plants have been rehabilitated, while plans are being put in place for the supply of gas to the power station.
It was learnt that work is in progress for the completion of the phase two of the thermal station, which is expected to add 750mw to the national grid.

The Obasanjo administration had planned to complete the phase two of the power station at a cost of $449 million, as government was poised to raise power generation to 10, 000mw by the end of 2007.
However, due to gas constraints, most of the power stations operated far below their installed capacities, while others were completely shut.

Information obtained by THISDAY showed that the 414 capacity Geregu Power station, could only generate about 100mw due to gas shortage. The plant, according to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) sources, requires 92mmscf/d.
Similarly, Omotosho power plant, with capacity to generate 304mw, could generate only 39mw but requires 75mmscf/d.
The three power plants - Geregu, Omotosho and Olorunsogo, were built in the twilight of the Obasanjo administration.
Rekindling hopes of improved power supply from the thermal stations, Managing Director of National Integrated Power Project (NIPP), Mr. James Olotu, disclosed that at least two units of the Olorunsogo plant, are expected to add about 250 mw, while another 500mw will come from the Alaoji and Sapele power stations respectively.

‘We are expecting that by the end of this year, Olorunsogo (Papalanto) will give us at least two units before December, which will give us about 250 mw, Alaoji Power plant is expected to give us at least one or two units, which will be another 250mw, two units from Sapele, which will give us another 250mw and the sum of these is about 750mw to be added to the national grid,” he had said.
The Executive Director, Operations, PHCN, Mr. John Ayodele, revealed recently that in addition to the 230 million standard cubic feet of gas per day (mmscf/d) received, additional 600mmscf of gas daily is needed to power the gas turbine stations.
[/b]

Anybody that still takes you especially serious, is as big a joke as you yourself.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by jmaine: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

Yar Adua ressurected the projects and died GEJ is only doing the ceremonial part of the project. Thats all.

How do one classify a possessed ediot like you hounded by the demons of foolishness

You even had the effrontery to ascribe intelligence and objectivity to your useless self.

You haven't developed your brain one bit even with age embarassed

28 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
Promhize:

Anybody that still takes you especially serious, is as big a joke as you yourself.

Promhize:

Ceremonial part? lipsrsealed Now I know you are one of them APC apologists, no offence but there's no point exchanging words/views with you.

Jonathan is working much more than his predecessors, that's what I know.

Lmao!!! you are a PDP goon. Offence intended... Even in the face of evidence that the NIPP are OBJ's work, you still choose to shout GEJ lol...

abeg go and suck some more GEJ anuss... Continue stinking brat!!

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ThankGodEdeh(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
GEJ is too much. Fresh air sweet o.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by tomakint: 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
Finally, Promise made! Promise kept!! Promise delivered!!! FreshAir everywhere......won't you agree with me #TeamAPC# undecided

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

Lmao!!! you are a PDP goon. Offence intended... Even in the face of evidence that the NIPP are OBJ's work, you still choose to shout GEJ lol...

abeg go and suck some more GEJ anuss... Continue stinking brat!!

Sad
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by geeez: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
Promhize:

Kindly discuss intelligibly and disprove that news report

If you have anything that shows that GEJ initiated the project and did 80% of the job, then let me know

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by theshadyexpress(m): 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

was obj the president in 2010,this project started in 2010.get your facts right Mr fool

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by tsomething: 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
geeez:

If you have anything that shows that GEJ initiated the project and did 80% of the job, then let me know

Read slowly what you posted!! You are bragging of a 304MW constructed in the first phase, the topic is about a 500MW commissioning which is the second phase. Just so you know, the foundation stone for this second phase was laid in 2010, meaning it was achieved in less than 3yrs.

Stop being bitter when you see progress under the administration of GEJ. Its annoying the extent most of you guys go just to descredit clear progress which is starring you in the face. If you are patriotic you should first be happy that your country is beginning to move steadily towards progress , irrespective of whom you want to attribute the effort to. As a citizen, how have you contributed towards the progress of your country ? Before you claim I am not in a position of authority, do you know by spreading good news about your country helps in the branding of this country . Every negative post you make about your country further increases the number of entries Google displays as results for Nigeria .

51 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by 1MCN: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
It surprises me when some fellows hear about a good work done by Jonathan and his team and they rush to tell us it was initiated by the past administration(s). Gov't is a continuum. You don't expect him to dismantle a good structure already erected by past gov'ts. He's more intelligent than that. Jonathan had once lamented that there are over six thousand FG abandoned projects scattered all over the federation, and that they'll be of very great impact to the people if the projects were completed.
By insisting that Jonathan has nothing of praise for him (although he's not even interested) in the projects he completes, you make a few things too obvious, namely:
1. You have no idea how gov'ts (should) run;
2. Out of search for own-glory you won't mind scoring an own-goal;
3. Corossive hate can lead you to destroy the good name and work of a fellow man though they be beneficial to even you;
4. You're only intelligent by less than half;
5. You're a saddist who'll rather prefer that people die in penury than be saved by the saviour you don't approve of.

51 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ikweremilitant: 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

hoooly ghooost fiiire. Kil nd burn all d sadist ds yr amen

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ikweremilitant: 9:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
0lumide:

hoooly ghooost fiiire. Kil nd burn all d sadist ds yr amen
t-something:

Read slowly what you posted!! You are bragging of a 304MW constructed in the first phase, the topic is about a 500MW commissioning which is the second phase. Just so you know, the foundation stone for this second phase was laid in 2010, meaning it was achieved in less than 3yrs.

Stop being bitter when you see progress under the administration of GEJ. Its annoying the extent most of you guys go just to descredit clear progress which is starring you in the face. If you are patriotic you should first be happy that your country is beginning to move steadily towards progress , irrespective of whom you want to attribute the effort to. As a citizen, how have you contributed towards the progress of your country ? Before you claim I am not in a position of authority, do you know by spreading good news about your country helps in the branding of this country . Every negative post you make about your country further increases the number of entries Google displays as results for Nigeria .
0lumide:

hoooly ghooost fiiire. Kil nd burn all d sadist ds yr amen please help me tell d psychiatric patient
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by awodman: 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
According to the Minister of Power..Olorunsogo Phase 2 is up next for commissioning..that will make it 3 down and from there we will continue our countdown to 10..

Hope our transmission system has been positioned to successfuly evacuate this harvest of power

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by taharqa: 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
geeez:

Here we go again: This particular plant's (Omotosho II) foundation stone was laid in 2010 and was basically constructed almost 100% unda GEJ. When d article talked about 2004, it was refering to when OBJ started construction for Omotosho I (which is a different plant from this 500MW Omotosho II), and which is not an NIPP Project by d way.... OBJ gets some credits of course for his initiatives, with GEJ reviving and doing most of d work. Govt is afterall a continuum; and both of them are PDP Govts. And it seems that d PDP may actuali solve Nigeria's Power problems afterall. Who knew?

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by theshadyexpress(m): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
too many haterz
fresh air everywhere

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oil Marketers Not Allowed To Fix Fuel Price – FG / You’re Worst Of All Our Enemies, IPOB Replies Wike / Tinubu Attends Lagos Business Community And Private Sector Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.