Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant (17299 Views)

Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Praktikals(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
tomakint: Finally, Promise made! Promise kept!! Promise delivered!!! FreshAir everywhere......won't you agree with me #TeamAPC# undecided
All these commissioning here and there does not make sense to the average Nigerian. Where is the light?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Sajio(m): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Up Gej..........!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by willyray(m): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
what could be the harm of fresh air
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by taayourty(m): 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote
author=Promhize]

Pls how many years does it take to build a 500MW power plant that obj
couldn't complete.

This is one of ten my friend. You are the one that is not neutral, do I
need to start telling you that electricity
worsened under Obj

U are a terrible liar! Power was far better with OBJ. To initiate and start the foundation is more complex to completion.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by taharqa: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
HAH: Only in Nigeria" when you build house you commision and again when you build BQ you commision again "

That was what happen in most of the NIPP project most of them were built by Obasanjo and were hurriedly commisioned before he left office in 2007 and now they are being recommission by GEJ after some touches or annexes.

Anyhow kudos and I hope I will stop using generator soon.
You do not know what you are talking about!... I don't think any of d NIPP Plants were even started during OBJ's tenure- CERTAINLY, they were not built during his tenure
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by chimex38: 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
TechyGuy: APC has won more support for GEJ than any other single group! #FACT
FIXED
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by chimex38: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Praktikals:
All these commissioning here and there does not make sense to the average Nigerian. Where is the light?
are u one of d mediocres in political analysis?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by AGBORMAN1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
SPECIAL MESSAGE TO MR PRESIDENT !

Dear Mr President GEJ; I thank you for the "fresh air" your are creating in my Fatherland
I thank you for the "Electricity Project". Please don't steal plenty money like others, ok
This is your chance to write your name in GOLD for 200+ years to come
Please Develop Nigeria to be the "BEACON of AFRICA" within your time in office
Good name is better than riches

Please Mr President; Heaven & Hell will not forgive you if handover to "ABOKI"

Please Mr President; Create atmosphere for IGBO or MIDDLE BELT man or woman to take over from you
ABOKI can wait 2027+. They ruled Nigeria backward, for many years more than other region

This is my Citizen Freedom of Speech

OUT

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Ademat7(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
All dis spend millions generate 102mw,130mw worries me,when r we going to get to thousands of MW dis country need 4 meaningful industralizatn? What is d assurance dat there won't b power outage in areas whr d IPPs r located? *jst ma tot*
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by yominaire(m): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ademat7: All dis spend millions generate 102mw,130mw worries me,when r we going to get to thousands of MW dis country need 4 meaningful industralizatn? What is d assurance dat there won't b power outage in areas whr d IPPs r located? *jst ma tot*
. You are on point
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by debbleopto: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Tuntheycr7: FRESH AIR tinz on point...
Vote for us come 2015 and we wud do more
Power to the people

more embezzlement in years to come as in 255m naira for 2 cars? How much fund had gone into those power plants pls I want to know. the MD of Nigeria should be able to account for all the money given to him. Prudence will make our country to excel. is it not over pricing that makes the federal government to say they are cash crunch that they couldn't pay the states their allocation?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Standing5(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
Where are these mw going to? With the level of Phcn inspired darkness in the country, are these plants working at full capacity at all? By the way, why is Gej focusing on commisioning more power plant when the ones available aren't getting enough gas?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Hearme(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mekusnwa:

I commend OBJ for initiating the power reforms and the NIPP Power projects which laid the foundation for the transformation work that GEJ is presently doing in power sector. However, serious credit must be given to GEJ for reviving and funding all these projects to completion. He is really working silently

Both of them have good intentions. Credit must also be given to OBJ on debt cancellation and oil reserves savings that created fund for this projects.

Yar Adua stopped this projects between 2007 and 2009. It is not that there was no fund. The man does not just know what to do. That singular act by him has further put the northerners several steps back in the leadership of this country. Please vote wisely in 2015.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by confusion247(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
0lumide:

You know, I used to think you were objective but now, you stink. If you notice, I used to join issues with you when I thought you were neutral. but now that I know you are a PDP goon who will allow corruption just for PDP, I stopped quotting you, I stopped reading your comments except for this which I feel like using to let you know why your are an UTTER person!!
I am sure you are the one suffering from all these you are accusing him of. So you don't support corruption but you are celebrating OBJ that wasted/spend 16 billion dollars on power but didn't achieve anything. I am ashamed of you.
16 billion dollars and didn't generate 100MW of electricity.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
debbleopto:

more embezzlement in years to come as in 255m naira for 2 cars? How much fund had gone into those power plants pls I want to know. the MD of Nigeria should be able to account for all the money given to him. Prudence will make our country to excel. is it not over pricing that makes the federal government to say they are cash crunch that they couldn't pay the states their allocation?

U want to be disgraced abi?
How much did Lagos spend on building 10mw plant?

I dare you to reply dis post angry
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by confusion247(m): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
0lumide:

OBJ is far ahead of other Nigerian presidents in corrupt enrichment except Gowon Buhari and Jonathan..
That's the correct thing to say. A man whom el-rufai told us that has less than twenty thousand naira in his bank account when he came out from prison, is now a multi-millionaire after 8 years in aso rock. We all knew how Transcorp was formed and funded.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by confusion247(m): 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
Promhize:

U want to be disgraced abi?
How much did Lagos spend on building 10mw plant?

I dare you to reply dis post angry
No need to dare him because he won't and will never reply to the post.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Hearme(m): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
ocelot2006:

Simple question: did OBJ complete the project after 8 FREAKING YEARS? A simple Yes or No will do.

Government is a continuum. Yar Adua messed those projects up. They would all have been working before now. It was part of the key policies of OBJ tenure to reduce gas flaring by using the gas to generate power. Kudos to GEJ, because he could also had abandon the project. Lets remove sentiments, we know that this to leaders have Nigeria in their heart.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by confusion247(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ademat7: All dis spend millions generate 102mw,130mw worries me,when r we going to get to thousands of MW dis country need 4 meaningful industralizatn? What is d assurance dat there won't b power outage in areas whr d IPPs r located? *jst ma tot*
As long as we Nigerians celebrate corruption, things like this will continue. It is very shameful that we all will accept corruption as long as it is been perpetrated by our tribe's man and condemn it when perpetrated by a man from another tribe.
Obasanjo spend 16 billion dollars and didn't generate 100MW, what did his people do? They called him BABA, an Achiever etc. Is that act from his people not shameful to any descent human on earth?
Mandela/Thabo Mbeki spend 25 billion dollars and generated 40,000MW for the people of south Africa.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Hearme(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
confusion247:
That's the correct thing to say. A man whom el-rufai told us that has less than twenty thousand naira in his bank account when he came out from prison, is now a multi-millionaire after 8 years in aso rock. We all knew how Transcorp was formed and funded.

El-Rufai (Hell) is a fat lair. You and I know that past presidents receive pensions, and as a retired general he is also entitled to pension. That alone should tell you he had more than that. His farm was also not closed down, so stop believing Hell Rufai. Why could he not transform ABJ as minister? That man berates first class holders, he talks anyhow.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by normaljenny(m): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
All these megawatts that is pouring in should have a ready prepaid billing system or metre to collect their money and not all these yeye Phcn metre that gives us bills even when we don't have light for months.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Hallmark08(m): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wen fresh air blows we must give time in metres/yrs τ̅☺ penetrate GEJ my man, haters go carry 'adogan wey get fire 4una head'
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Burger01(m): 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Haters repent for the time is near...

These days I hardly use my generator. As a matter of fact I had to off my deep freezer for 4hrs for me to get a bottle of Guilder out of the freezer.

Uncle Jo means well for Naija and he needs our collective prayers and supports.

Those antagonists would have seizure hating and protagonists would keep celebrating success.

My presidio... forward ever backward NEVER!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by anikesho: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
ADVISE TO NAIRALANDERS,IT IS NOT A MUST TO COMMENT ON EVERY TOPIC.COMMENT ON TOPICS U KNW VERY WELL.I SHAKE MY HEAD WEN I SEE PPLE COMMENT.WITH THIS KIND OF MENTALITY,NIGERIA IS IN TROUBLE

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by sleekp1: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Another power to the people project. GEJ carry go 2015, nothing do you jor.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by confusion247(m): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Promhize:

Pls how many years does it take to build a 500MW power plant that obj couldn't complete.

This is one of ten my friend. You are the one that is not neutral, do I need to start telling you that electricity worsened under Obj undecided
Don't waste your megabytes on bigot. As far as northerners hate Jonathan's administration for no reason other than born to rule mentality, don't expect their slaves from the west to do otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by comrChris(m): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
He doesn't deserve it.
### and is u who deserves it right?u guys r so ingrate n its so pathetic,well if he doesnt deserve it then tell ur father 2come n contest with him come 2015,bunch of pathetic pples smh

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by confusion247(m): 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hearme:

Government is a continuum. Yar Adua messed those projects up. They would all have been working before now. It was part of the key policies of OBJ tenure to reduce gas flaring by using the gas to generate power. Kudos to GEJ, because he could also had abandon the project. Lets remove sentiments, we know that this to leaders have Nigeria in their heart.
You should be the one to remove sentiments here. Have you forgotten about power probe that was just like a movie from james bond. When we Nigerians was told how Obasanjo spend 16 billion dollars and generated no single mega watts of electricity. Have you also forgotten that Obasanjo refused to come and defend himself because he knew that he have failed.
I use to wonder if we will ever have One Nigeria where issues will be discussed based on merit and not based on sentiments.
Hypocritical one Nigeria is the worst thing that can happen to any human on earth.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by gregg2: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
PHIPEX: Somethings is wrong somewhere, isn't this news good enough for frontpage?

No! Wait further. The assignment on Oduah has not been concluded yet.
Our moderators are still disecting the Oduah issue while remaining focused to ensure she is sacked. Only then can attention be given to this thread.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by tonytony208(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Tuntheycr7: FRESH AIR tinz on point...
Vote for us come 2015 and we wud do more
Power to the people

eh mr pdp. i wont be voting for your party; pdp. rather, i'll be voting for GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
policewoman I hail o.. happy sunday.... anything for d boys
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
policewoman I hail o.. happy sunday.... anything for d bad boys wey siddon for corner dey do bad tin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Feb Poll: Tension In PDP Over INEC Deadline / Enforcement Of Anti-open Grazing In South-east Begins Soon – Nnamdi Kanu / Seyi Makinde: I Am Not Afraid Of Losing 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.