Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant (17296 Views)

Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ektbear: 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
jmaine:

You are very correct, OBJ started building the Omotosho 2 in 2010 and only invited Goodluck to commission it on his behalf.

Profound silly members like you deserve lengthy bans on this forum, to avoid infecting others with your plague of stvpidity.

lmao cheesy

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ocelot2006(m): 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
Edoblakky: Pls let me educate you guys a bit. OBJ actually built some power plants but could not put them to work because there was no gas plan. I work in the oil and gas sector and I can tell you that it takes over 3 years(precisely 5yrs) to put in place a proper uninterrupted gas plan. This was exactly where OBJ got it wrong by building power plants without considering how they will be run. Now GEJ has added more power to the ones being generated and has put in place a gas plan. Kudos to him. But my question is how will this power be distributed? I know we can generate more than 10,000 MW of power but the to distribute it is a complete horse of another colour.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME ABOUT ONE VERY KEY ISSUE ADDRESSED IN THE WHOLE POWER REVOLUTION UNDERTAKEN BY GEJ.

Before the completion/expansion of existing NIPP power generation project by the GEJ administration (new power plants inclusive), the GEJ administration launched one thing that truely impressed me, and that was THE GAS REVOLUTION aimed at ensuring the adequate delivery of gas to both power plants and other industrial consumers ACROSS THE NATION. Thats the one NO OTHER administration (OBJ or Yaradua) thought of.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ocelot2006(m): 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
0lumide:

All of you GEJ NAMA here can read right? or do one need to spell it out for you fools?

THE PROJECTS WERE COMPLETED BY OBJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS GAS SUPPLY ISSUES THAT CAUSE THE HALT. NOW YOUR UNCLE JOE IS COMMISSIONING ANOTHER MAN'S WORK AND YOU ALL ARE SHOUTING? LMAO!! UTTER FUCKTARDS!!!

WITH ALL THE MONEY NIGERIA GETS, THIS IS WHAT YOU IGNORAMUS UNWANTED GARBAGE OF HUMANITY ARE SHOUTING ABOUT? THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS WANT TO ENTERTAIN AS ACHIEVEMENT?

Abeg STFU. So OBJ initiated the project, SO FREAKING WHAT?! Why didnt he complete them/resolve the gas supply issue in EIGHT YEARS? Who completed/expanded on mowt of these projects, resolved the gas supply issues tgrough the gas revolution, rehabilitated existing transmission facilities and built new ones, built way more distribution substations than EVERY other administratiin, and ensured the delivery of transformers, ALL IN SPAN OF THREE YEARS? That's right, GEJ!!

NOW GET OF THIS THREAD AND GO READ YOUR BOOKS! ADULTS ARE HERE.

Ewu gambia.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by ocelot2006(m): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
manny4life:

Yes, OBJ spent 8years initiating and paying for a project that couldn't be completed under his term but was completed and commissioned in less than 3yrs under GEJ's term. Clap for yourself, I can see @0lumide has infected you...smh

You dey mind dat fowl?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by adojohnsule: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Thank God, at least we are making some progress, I hope there will be enough gas to power the stations, our prayers are being answered, one thing we should learn to pray for is good leadership, China started from somewhere, Indonesia, Korea etc. Maybe some of the factories that are dead will come back to live and we have a reduced number of hawkers on our roads because some of them will have to move to the factories as workers, our technical colleges also have to come back to live, fridges and freezers are produced by roadside technicians in Korea, we can do same here- God bless Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant by erico2k2(m): 9:09am On Oct 26, 2013
adojohnsule: Thank God, at least we are making some progress, I hope there will be enough gas to power the stations, our prayers are being answered, one thing we should learn to pray for is good leadership, China started from somewhere, Indonesia, Korea etc. Maybe some of the factories that are dead will come back to live and we have a reduced number of hawkers on our roads because some of them will have to move to the factories as workers, our technical colleges also have to come back to live, fridges and freezers are produced by roadside technicians in Korea, we can do same here- God bless Nigeria.

We have more than anough Gas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home / You’re Worst Of All Our Enemies, IPOB Replies Wike / Oil Marketers Not Allowed To Fix Fuel Price – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.