Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242420 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by fnep2smooth(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
ZinoFego
sir.... thanks for the thread and the free lecture. you have really save some live and put food on some table.
please my question is this

1. can i create an android app with my website. ( someone can access same context in both web and app)
and can i use joomla to do it.
2. if i cant, please is there any software that can do just like joomla in creating android app for website.
thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
I think you should please read the documentation of the plugin if it requires any other related extension to work.

hardon1: please am having issues with using plugins. some dont even have parameters to fix and dont display on the front end. can anyone help.

i am particularly having issues with displaying these on the front end:
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please visit: http://www.joooid.com/index.php That should help.

Thanks.

fnep2smooth: ZinoFego
sir.... thanks for the thread and the free lecture. you have really save some live and put food on some table.
please my question is this

1. can i create an android app with my website. ( someone can access same context in both web and app)
and can i use joomla to do it.
2. if i cant, please is there any software that can do just like joomla in creating android app for website.
thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Olive64(m): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2014
Hey, thanks for this Amazing tutorial. My question is.... I'm a student and I want to create a free classified ads website for the school....something like OLX. That allows students to create an account and Place free ads. Then maybe later, integrate an online payment method.
Please tell me what and what i need to set it up. I've been trying to find suitable templates but no luck. Thanks, will really appreciate it. smiley
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by okumbe(m): 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
ZinoFego: If your installation of AMPPS has gone as I outlined, by the time you type: localhost:8080 on your browser, you'll see the screen below.

Oga mi i didn't get that pictures o.
maybe i didn't do it the right way....

i followed ur instructions but the localhost:8080, where will i input it ? cos am typing it on my mozilla address bar
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ok. So which pictures did you get?

Please rephrase this your question "i followed ur instructions but the localhost:8080, where will i input it ? cos am typing it on my mozilla address bar", it is not clear.

You can download my Free Joomla 3.x eBook from http://JoomlaExtended.com, it help you understand the steps to follow better.

okumbe:

Oga mi i didn't get that pictures o.
maybe i didn't do it the right way....

i followed ur instructions but the localhost:8080, where will i input it ? cos am typing it on my mozilla address bar
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by okumbe(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
ZinoFego: Ok. So which pictures did you get?

Please rephrase this your question "i followed ur instructions but the localhost:8080, where will i input it ? cos am typing it on my mozilla address bar", it is not clear.

You can download my Free Joomla 3.x eBook from http://JoomlaExtended.com, it help you understand the steps to follow better.

as in where can i type the localhost:8080 ?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
Please reread the first page of this thread. I culled the below from it.

"The AMPPS file is an executable file (.exe). So install it on your computer. After the installation, open its user interface and start Apache and MySQL. If all went well, the afore-mentioned services will start.

MySQL usually does start but you may have problem with the Apache and this usually an issue relating to another port using port:80. To fix this, on the AMPPS user interface, click Apache, then Configuration. The configuration file will open in a text editor like notepad. Go the line 49 of that file and change Listen 80 to Listen 8080, save the file. Restart the Apache.

Open your browser and type: localhost:8080 and press enter. Your system now has a local server that will enable us develop the Joomla site as though we were online.

If your installation of AMPPS has gone as I outlined, by the time you type: localhost:8080 on your browser, you'll see the screen below."

Examples of a browser are Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla and Opera.

You should type the localhost:8080 into the address bar of your browser and you will see the screen below.

okumbe:

as in where can i type the localhost:8080 ?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by fnep2smooth(m): 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
pls after am tru with the instalation and set up. I register my admin and when i try to set up my database configuration i got this error.
could not connect to the database. Connector returned number. Could not connect to mysql
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by okumbe(m): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2014
ZinoFego: Please reread the first page of this thread. I culled the below from it.

"The AMPPS file is an executable file (.exe). So install it on your computer. After the installation, open its user interface and start Apache and MySQL. If all went well, the afore-mentioned services will start.

MySQL usually does start but you may have problem with the Apache and this usually an issue relating to another port using port:80. To fix this, on the AMPPS user interface, click Apache, then Configuration. The configuration file will open in a text editor like notepad. Go the line 49 of that file and change Listen 80 to Listen 8080, save the file. Restart the Apache.

Open your browser and type: localhost:8080 and press enter. Your system now has a local server that will enable us develop the Joomla site as though we were online.

If your installation of AMPPS has gone as I outlined, by the time you type: localhost:8080 on your browser, you'll see the screen below."

Examples of a browser are Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla and Opera.

You should type the localhost:8080 into the address bar of your browser and you will see the screen below.

ok sorry i didn't see that..... meaning i have to run the installations again.... cos when i tries opening the application from my desktop it comes up with an error message like- Apache port:443 is being used by another application....

i don't know how to upload the dialogue box window here so u see it urself...

I really need to know this no matter what it takes me o, i think i will just uninstall and re-install it again.

but can u explain again how to copy the joomla folder to apache ? seriously i have not done that and I've been searching to see where u talked about that.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
You can download my Free Joomla 3.x eBook from http://JoomlaExtended.com. It outlined the steps to take while setting up and also managing a Joomla website.

Thank you.

okumbe:

ok sorry i didn't see that..... meaning i have to run the installations again.... cos when i tries opening the application from my desktop it comes up with an error message like- Apache port:443 is being used by another application....

i don't know how to upload the dialogue box window here so u see it urself...

I really need to know this no matter what it takes me o, i think i will just uninstall and re-install it again.

but can u explain again how to copy the joomla folder to apache ? seriously i have not done that and I've been searching to see where u talked about that.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Olive64(m): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
Olive64: Hey, thanks for this Amazing tutorial. My question is.... I'm a student and I want to create a free classified ads website for the school....something like OLX. That allows students to create an account and Place free ads. Then maybe later, integrate an online payment method.
Please tell me what and what i need to set it up. I've been trying to find suitable templates but no luck. Thanks, will really appreciate it. smiley

Please Help me out here... sad
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by fnep2smooth(m): 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
fnep2smooth: pls after am tru with the instalation and set up. I register my admin and when i try to set up my database configuration i got this error.
could not connect to the database. Connector returned number. Could not connect to mysql
Oga ZinoFego pls help me with what i posted
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by semmysh(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hi,

Those of us from naijaland dot com dot ng enjoyed this post.

We will like you to share some of the info at naijaland dot com dot ng too

Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Please rephrase the question, it is not clear but...

Tentatively, if this error is happening during installation, please check the database name, username and password if they correspond with what you set up in phpmyadmin. You may also change your database type from MySQLi to MySQL.

If the issue is after installation is complete, please check the configuration.php file in the root folder of your Joomla installed files to be sure that the values for the database name, username and password correspond with what you set up in phpmyadmin.

You can also restart your MySQL in AMPPS or WAMP or any other stack that you are using.

fnep2smooth:
Oga ZinoFego pls help me with what i posted
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ayurdavid: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
@ zinofego, i have cleared cache but joomla installation is still not progressing beyond this point ooo... pls help!!!!!

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
Please check: http://www.jomsocial.com/demo

Olive64:
Please Help me out here... sad

Olive64: Hey, thanks for this Amazing tutorial. My question is.... I'm a student and I want to create a free classified ads website for the school....something like OLX. That allows students to create an account and Place free ads. Then maybe later, integrate an online payment method.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
Please restart the installation a few more times, it should complete.

ayurdavid: @ zinofego, i have cleared cache but joomla installation is still not progressing beyond this point ooo... pls help!!!!!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:59am On Sep 06, 2014
This may interest you. http://tan.org.ng/ was built using Joomla!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 5:54am On Sep 06, 2014
For the template, please check: http://demo.joomlavi.com/#J30/jv-pin

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ephraim87: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2014
Pls I need help. I designed my website using joomla 3.3.3. And when it's time to upload, I did not see joomla 3.3 in fatanstico. Rather the highest version I saw was 2.5. I have been trying to see if I can upload but it's giving me errors. I need help. Is there anyway I can upload joomla 3.3?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by cyberclassng(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2014
Hey please help here I have a problem with Afrisoft's SPC 4 - I installed SPC 4 ON my joomla website hosted at ipage.com.
It all went well but when i wanted to access it, I got an error message saying that It requires ioncube5.3 before it could be accessed, i have asked Ipage.com and they said that they only support version 5.2. COULD ANYone Recommend any host that has IONCUBE LOADER 5.3 ENABLED.
Would be very happy if i could be replied.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Kericoo(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Great One, am following this Tread will start one my Lapi is back
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
In the box where you have Joomla 2.5, when you drop it down, you will see Joomla 3.3.

Alternatively, you can upload your Joomla files via an FTP such as Filezilla. Filezilla is free. You can download and install it.

You should please download my Joomla 3.x FREE eBook, it'll help you understand developing a Joomla website better. You can get it from http://JoomlaExtended.com.

ephraim87: Pls I need help. I designed my website using joomla 3.3.3. And when it's time to upload, I did not see joomla 3.3 in fatanstico. Rather the highest version I saw was 2.5. I have been trying to see if I can upload but it's giving me errors. I need help. Is there anyway I can upload joomla 3.3?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ephraim87: 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
I have uploaded but I have mysql errors. Its more like I have to work on my config file. How do I knw the host am using?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
You cannot "work" on your configuration.php until you finished the installation.

Is your website online or on a localhost in your computer?

Usually, your host is "localhost" since your server runs in the same platform you are running your Joomla websites.

ephraim87: I have uploaded but I have mysql errors. Its more like I have to work on my config file. How do I knw the host am using?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ephraim87: 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
I downloaded your online joomla material and i tried following the steps to intall my joomla 3.3.3 online. but after the installation, nothing is showing. i get this message "No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting..." what do i do?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
I think you accidentally deleted your configuration.php file. You need to re-run the installation afresh.

Please do not forget to copy back your installation folder into the Joomla files.

ephraim87: I downloaded your online joomla material and i tried following the steps to intall my joomla 3.3.3 online. but after the installation, nothing is showing. i get this message "No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting..." what do i do?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by biggmusty(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
ZinoFego: If your installation of AMPPS has gone as I outlined, by the time you type: localhost:8080 on your browser, you'll see the screen below.

Boss mine is showing an error folder in the middle. Pls what went wrong?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please let me see a screenshot. What other files or things do you see with the error folder?

biggmusty: Boss mine is showing an error folder in the middle. Pls what went wrong?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by biggmusty(m): 12:01am On Sep 08, 2014
ZinoFego: Please let me see a screenshot. What other files or things do you see with the error folder?

sowie am using a phone to view NL.. Its showing error folder nd joomla traning follder
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:42am On Sep 08, 2014
That's not a problem. You can continue using it.

biggmusty: sowie am using a phone to view NL.. Its showing error folder nd joomla traning follder

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.