Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242346 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Frankpiska(m): 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
ZinoFego: Please download a port scanner to see available ports in your system. You can download one from here: http://joomlaextended.com/extensions/smadav981.exe

Done that but its anti-virus app.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
I am sorry. Here it is: http://joomlaextended.com/extensions/FreePortScanner.exe

Frankpiska:
Done that but its anti-virus app.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Frankpiska(m): 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
ZinoFego: I am sorry. Here it is: http://joomlaextended.com/extensions/FreePortScanner.exe

Thanks......I have done that,what next bro.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by HABRUZZY(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
hi bro pls after running the ampps all of a sudden when i tried openinng localhost:8080/JoomlaTraining/ the error i now get is
Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL even after clicking start on the msql it still turns green
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
All your ports appear used.

You may have to stop or uninstall some applications to have free ports.

Frankpiska:
Thanks......I have done that,what next bro.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Frankpiska(m): 3:38am On Sep 29, 2014
ZinoFego: All your ports appear used.

You may have to stop or uninstall some applications to have free ports.

I only have few applications in my system,so applications do I stop or uninstall?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by younglino: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2014
Am kinda enjoying this joomla thingy. I developed a site my self within 2 hours. Thumbs up mehn

[/img]http://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=021[/img]
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Mattex001(m): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
Keep the good work... God bless you!! I'll be back when I get my new laptop....
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by HABRUZZY(m): 4:00am On Oct 01, 2014
Please oh house I want to know how to host the created website online pls and pls a sample and working website to host will be appreciated And steps pls thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
I can help you with a hosting plan. Pls do me an email: Zino@JoomlaExtended.com.

HABRUZZY: Please oh house I want to know how to host the created website online pls and pls a sample and working website to host will be appreciated And steps pls thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by biggmusty(m): 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
HABRUZZY: hi bro pls after running the ampps all of a sudden when i tried openinng localhost:8080/JoomlaTraining/ the error i now get is
Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL even after clicking start on the msql it still turns green
I av same problem
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by vdot2008: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hi webmasters, please can any one help me out. I need this joomla component JOOMANAGER. Please if you have it please let me know. Here is my phone number 080767885911 and email eworldconcept@yahoo.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Jackieriel(m): 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
ZinoFego:
Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> New >>> Articles Categories >>> Pick the Category you want displayed from the drop down in front of "Parent Category".

thxs alot @Zino. i hav resolve it. I hav another one. I created a site via templet. De site also hav a blog page but it's only displayin only one post on de blog page. But if i apply de default joomla templet it shows other post. Pls wat can i do?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
The problem may be from the template. Pls try installing a new template and check.

Jackieriel:

thxs alot @Zino. i hav resolve it. I hav another one. I created a site via templet. De site also hav a blog page but it's only displayin only one post on de blog page. But if i apply de default joomla templet it shows other post. Pls wat can i do?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Jackieriel(m): 7:06am On Oct 05, 2014
ZinoFego:
The problem may be from the template. Pls try installing a new template and check.

Thxs @zino i had resolved already.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
Please share with us exactly what you did?

Many thanks.

Jackieriel:

Thxs @zino i had resolved already.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by bluetechnology: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hello NL
i bought this blog but nw am busy i cant run it and i want to sell it
www.thbhacking.com
pls call for talk...quite affordable
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Jackieriel(m): 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
ZinoFego:
Please share with us exactly what you did?

Many thanks.

Well the problem was from the template as u said, I had to redesign the template this time with multiple columns on the blog page and then upload it to the site and set it as default without importing the templete contents. nor deleting the first templete.

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by imperator123: 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by younglino: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2014
Please how can i solve my joomla ish, its showing white screen.

[/img]http://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=027[/img]
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2014
Ok. Thanks.

Jackieriel:

Well the problem was from the template as u said, I had to redesign the template this time with multiple columns on the blog page and then upload it to the site and set it as default without importing the templete contents. nor deleting the first templete.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:47am On Oct 09, 2014
Several things can cause that. What were the last changes you made to the website before the problem started?

Can you access the administrator's end?

If you just moved from your localhost in your computer to an online server, please ensure that you do the appropriate menu assignment for the template that you're using. Try also and change the site's template to the default Joomla template to see if that will help.

younglino:
Please how can i solve my joomla ish, its showing white screen.

[/img]http://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=027[/img]
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by akinnex(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2014
Please how do I access the front end of my joomla site,
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by teeebest(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
Thanks Mr Zino for this thread.Can i install two cms(e.g Joomla,wordpress) on my localhost using ampps? If yes, please how can i configure myphpadmin to accomodate that. thanks as always
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by paulgreat(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
It is a free empowerment training and mentorship not seminar.
I have the mandate to impact this knowledge to the first 20 people for free. Its gonna be a one on one intensive professional web development and design training.
please call 08084655549, 08063206180
pauluwaya@gmail.com
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
Just click on the name of the folder you have your Joomla website installed in your localhost. If your Joomla website was installed in "JoomlaWebsite1" in your computer, just type:

localhost/JoomlaWebsite1 into your browser, your website will just pop up.

If your website was installed in an online server, just type the domain name, it'll pop up. If it's on a folder or sub domain name, just type that into your browser, you'll access your website.

I don't think you've read through the tread because we discussed all that you inquired. Please go through the tread at the beginning to have a clearer picture of how to install Joomla and have it run.

I have an eBook on Joomla 3.x at http://JoomlaExtended.com, that will also assist you a whole lot.

akinnex:
Please how do I access the front end of my joomla site,
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
You should install them in different folders. And in your phpmyadmin, they should have different databases as well.

teeebest:
Thanks Mr Zino for this thread.Can i install two cms(e.g Joomla,wordpress) on my localhost using ampps? If yes, please how can i configure myphpadmin to accomodate that. thanks as always
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by akinnex(m): 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
ZinoFego:
Just click on the name of the folder you have your Joomla website installed in your localhost. If your Joomla website was installed in "JoomlaWebsite1" in your computer, just type:

localhost/JoomlaWebsite1 into your browser, your website will just pop up.

If your website was installed in an online server, just type the domain name, it'll pop up. If it's on a folder or sub domain name, just type that into your browser, you'll access your website.

I don't think you've read through the tread because we discussed all that you inquired. Please go through the tread at the beginning to have a clearer picture of how to install Joomla and have it run.

I have an eBook on Joomla 3.x at http://JoomlaExtended.com, that will also assist you a whole lot.

Sir thanks for the response I ve installed joomla successfully, but each time I go to localhost/myfiles all I get is the back end, I am referring to what will be visible when viewed as a Web page not the admin
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by teeebest(m): 9:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
ZinoFego:
You should install them in different folders. And in your phpmyadmin, they should have different databases as well.

Thanks. i have them in different folders and they both in the www folder of ampss.they also have different databases in my phpmyadmin aswell. I was able to install wordpress but Joomla is not installing. what are mine leaving out sir?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by phunkies9(m): 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
Please I need help with the running of d apache,I installed the ampps correctly and followed your instruction on changing listen 80 to 8080 but its still not starting,please I'll really appreciate your professional advice
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sodson11(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2014
can i get a joomla bulksms compoment? Or build a secondary school site?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by adewale2011(m): 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
how do I run my joomla site on the web (I mean uploading it to the internet) and can I create section where different topics will be directed to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.