Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242421 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Smooth51(m): 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
request qoute for any commercial joomla extension publishec on JED at www.webshop.com.ng at cheap rate
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by CleverDeal: 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello everyone.

I've just started this new webshop: www.cleverdeal.dk

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on it, especially on something like SEO and accessibility.

Dearly
CleverDeal.dk

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by robbase: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
Good day Master,
Thank you so much for your joomla tutorial, it has really updated me. My challenge right now is that I transferred JavaScript codes for animating .gif images into the joomla environment but the images are static. Please help. Bless You.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Whizkel(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
#certified .Get a 2GB Etisalat data plan for a month+500MB for over 4months@1200. Call@08170202992.. Offer is opened to Abeokuta fellaz.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:17am On Nov 21, 2014
You may have to source for an extension that does that. Which version of Joomla are you using?

robbase:
Good day Master,
Thank you so much for your joomla tutorial, it has really updated me. My challenge right now is that I transferred JavaScript codes for animating .gif images into the joomla environment but the images are static. Please help. Bless You.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by horlaoluwa: 10:08am On Nov 22, 2014
please help me i am trying install joomla 3 but it just load very long at the installing stage(Creating database tables ) and it's not installing
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
@Horlaoluwa, please try the suggestion below

phunkies9:
i have successfully installed joomla,i goggled d problem and i got a solution and i'll b glad 2 share it here for other nairalanders.firsly try and access ur training folder on ur c\drive den u click on installation,click on sql,click on mysql u'll see a text file named joomla.sql,open it wit notepad den u do d following, 1.press ctrl h,it will pop out a tab,type engine=innodb in d find what section nd type engine=myisam in d replace section and click on replace all,wait till it replaces d command den save and close d notepad,restart ur system start ur joomla installation again and am very sure its gonna work.

horlaoluwa:
please help me i am trying install joomla 3 but it just load very long at the installing stage(Creating database tables ) and it's not installing
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by mabelly: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hello Zinofego and every other joomla masters, i would like to build a website using joomla, i have started the project but due to time i cant really continue learning and building so, i am looking at sourcing it out for quick execution. I already have a template i would love to work with and this makes the job easier. Please if you know you are good using joomla and wont mind doing the job at not too expensive price contact or whatspp me on 07010998586. Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by horlaoluwa: 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
ZinoFego:
@Horlaoluwa, please try the suggestion below

thanks to you i try that and it works

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:10am On Nov 25, 2014
Thanks for the offer.

mabelly:
Hello Zinofego and every other joomla masters, i would like to build a website using joomla, i have started the project but due to time i cant really continue learning and building so, i am looking at sourcing it out for quick execution. I already have a template i would love to work with and this makes the job easier. Please if you know you are good using joomla and wont mind doing the job at not too expensive price contact or whatspp me on 07010998586. Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by oluwayetunde(f): 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
Does anyone have a comprehensive tutorial on building a Joomla template.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by robbase: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
Good day Master, I followed your steps an.d my site worked. the only challenge is how to import mysql database in parallel plesk panel 11.0.9. please help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by horlatech02: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
hello people at home [center][/center]
please i need your help/advice on these issue

i want to build a website for an organization with joomla that will need the following features
customized registration field,forum,payment, e.t.c
please what are the extension to be used and how to get them
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
Please go to extensions.joomla.org to search for your specific extensions.

horlatech02:
hello people at home [center][/center]
please i need your help/advice on these issue

i want to build a website for an organization with joomla that will need the following features
customized registration field,forum,payment, e.t.c
please what are the extension to be used and how to get them

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
You need a software like Artisteer from http://artisteer.com to make templates and it comes with its own documentation.

oluwayetunde:
Does anyone have a comprehensive tutorial on building a Joomla template.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by samtech4real(m): 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Jackieriel:

For payment channel use vogue. the have modules that you can easily install and work on. visit https://voguepay.com/21776 to register.

Bro what about to have a registration form, which will be stored in d database... Like MYSQL
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Mattex001(m): 12:18am On Dec 05, 2014
good day guys am new here and i hope i"ll still e able to catch up with this golden opportunity to learn the basics of web designing

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by robbase: 6:04am On Dec 05, 2014
Greetings, my website is working well on the local server, and I have uploaded all files to the parallel plesk panel, imported my database, but when I try visiting the online site, I get the error message that " cannot connect to my SQL" I made my database name and password to use my p panel username as prefix, but no way please help.
If possible visit www.jtowngossips.net to see the error message. Thank you
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:58am On Dec 06, 2014
The following issues caused this error message to appear:

1. The database username in our configuration.php file does not match that of what is configured on your hosting account
2. The database password in our configuration.php file does not match what of what is configured on your hosting account
3. The database hostname in our configuration.php file could not be connected to.

Please note no 3 because your hostname may not be "localhost". You may have to check with your host to give you the appropriate parameters.

Can you paste your configuration.php file here? That will help us further to address your issue.

robbase:
Greetings, my website is working well on the local server, and I have uploaded all files to the parallel plesk panel, imported my database, but when I try visiting the online site, I get the error message that " cannot connect to my SQL" I made my database name and password to use my p panel username as prefix, but no way please help.
If possible visit www.jtowngossips.net to see the error message. Thank you
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by robbase: 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
Dear master,
Thank you so much for your assistance.
This is the latest error message from the website www.jtowngossips.net: Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL

And below is my configuration.php file
<?php
class JConfig {
public $offline = '0';
public $offline_message = 'This site is down for maintenance.<br /> Please check back again soon.';
public $display_offline_message = '1';
public $offline_image = '';
public $sitename = 'JTown Gossips';
public $editor = 'tinymce';
public $captcha = '0';
public $list_limit = '20';
public $access = '1';
public $debug = '0';
public $debug_lang = '0';
public $dbtype = 'mysql';
public $host = 'localhost';
public $user = 'jtowngos_joomxyz';
public $password = 'user123';
public $db = 'jtowngos_joomxyz';
public $dbprefix = 'jtg1_';
public $live_site = '';
public $secret = 'bxBHsExFxGhu4gu9';
public $gzip = '0';
public $error_reporting = 'default';
public $helpurl = 'http://help.joomla.org/proxy/index.php?option=com_help&keyref=Help{major}{minor}:{keyref}';
public $ftp_host = '';
public $ftp_port = '';
public $ftp_user = '';
public $ftp_pass = '';
public $ftp_root = '';
public $ftp_enable = '';
public $offset = 'UTC';
public $mailonline = '1';
public $mailer = 'mail';
public $mailfrom = 'edrobino@gmail.com';
public $fromname = 'JTown Gossips';
public $sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
public $smtpauth = '0';
public $smtpuser = '';
public $smtppass = '';
public $smtphost = 'localhost';
public $smtpsecure = 'none';
public $smtpport = '25';
public $caching = '0';
public $cache_handler = 'file';
public $cachetime = '15';
public $MetaDesc = '';
public $MetaKeys = 'Music, Video, Artists, Entertainment, Models, Gossips, Jos, JTown, Magazine';
public $MetaTitle = '1';
public $MetaAuthor = '1';
public $MetaVersion = '0';
public $robots = '';
public $sef = '1';
public $sef_rewrite = '0';
public $sef_suffix = '0';
public $unicodeslugs = '0';
public $feed_limit = '10';
public $log_path = '/home/jtowngos/httpdocs/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/home/jtowngos/httpdocs/tmp';
public $lifetime = '15';
public $session_handler = 'database';
public $memcache_persist = '1';
public $memcache_compress = '0';
public $memcache_server_host = 'localhost';
public $memcache_server_port = '11211';
public $memcached_persist = '1';
public $memcached_compress = '0';
public $memcached_server_host = 'localhost';
public $memcached_server_port = '11211';
public $proxy_enable = '0';
public $proxy_host = '';
public $proxy_port = '';
public $proxy_user = '';
public $proxy_pass = '';
public $MetaRights = '';
public $sitename_pagetitles = '0';
public $force_ssl = '0';
public $session_memcache_server_host = 'localhost';
public $session_memcache_server_port = '11211';
public $session_memcached_server_host = 'localhost';
public $session_memcached_server_port = '11211';
public $frontediting = '1';
public $feed_email = 'author';
public $cookie_domain = '';
public $cookie_path = '';
public $asset_id = '1';
}
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2014
Everything appears ok with the configuration.php file. I think you should talk to your host.

robbase:
Dear master,
Thank you so much for your assistance.
This is the latest error message from the website www.jtowngossips.net: Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL

And below is my configuration.php file
<?php
class JConfig {
public $offline = '0';
public $offline_message = 'This site is down for maintenance.<br /> Please check back again soon.';
public $display_offline_message = '1';
public $offline_image = '';
public $sitename = 'JTown Gossips';
public $editor = 'tinymce';
public $captcha = '0';
public $list_limit = '20';
public $access = '1';
public $debug = '0';
public $debug_lang = '0';
public $dbtype = 'mysql';
public $host = 'localhost';
public $user = 'jtowngos_joomxyz';
public $password = 'user123';
public $db = 'jtowngos_joomxyz';
public $dbprefix = 'jtg1_';
public $live_site = '';
public $secret = 'bxBHsExFxGhu4gu9';
public $gzip = '0';
public $error_reporting = 'default';
public $helpurl = 'http://help.joomla.org/proxy/index.php?option=com_help&keyref=Help{major}{minor}:{keyref}';
public $ftp_host = '';
public $ftp_port = '';
public $ftp_user = '';
public $ftp_pass = '';
public $ftp_root = '';
public $ftp_enable = '';
public $offset = 'UTC';
public $mailonline = '1';
public $mailer = 'mail';
public $mailfrom = 'edrobino@gmail.com';
public $fromname = 'JTown Gossips';
public $sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
public $smtpauth = '0';
public $smtpuser = '';
public $smtppass = '';
public $smtphost = 'localhost';
public $smtpsecure = 'none';
public $smtpport = '25';
public $caching = '0';
public $cache_handler = 'file';
public $cachetime = '15';
public $MetaDesc = '';
public $MetaKeys = 'Music, Video, Artists, Entertainment, Models, Gossips, Jos, JTown, Magazine';
public $MetaTitle = '1';
public $MetaAuthor = '1';
public $MetaVersion = '0';
public $robots = '';
public $sef = '1';
public $sef_rewrite = '0';
public $sef_suffix = '0';
public $unicodeslugs = '0';
public $feed_limit = '10';
public $log_path = '/home/jtowngos/httpdocs/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/home/jtowngos/httpdocs/tmp';
public $lifetime = '15';
public $session_handler = 'database';
public $memcache_persist = '1';
public $memcache_compress = '0';
public $memcache_server_host = 'localhost';
public $memcache_server_port = '11211';
public $memcached_persist = '1';
public $memcached_compress = '0';
public $memcached_server_host = 'localhost';
public $memcached_server_port = '11211';
public $proxy_enable = '0';
public $proxy_host = '';
public $proxy_port = '';
public $proxy_user = '';
public $proxy_pass = '';
public $MetaRights = '';
public $sitename_pagetitles = '0';
public $force_ssl = '0';
public $session_memcache_server_host = 'localhost';
public $session_memcache_server_port = '11211';
public $session_memcached_server_host = 'localhost';
public $session_memcached_server_port = '11211';
public $frontediting = '1';
public $feed_email = 'author';
public $cookie_domain = '';
public $cookie_path = '';
public $asset_id = '1';
}
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by bedfordng(m): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
Mattex001:
good day guys am new here and i hope i"ll still e able to catch up with this golden opportunity to learn the basics of web designing
google is also your best friend
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Mattex001(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
bedfordng:
google is also your best friend
ok thanks but i knew that even before you were born...... grin
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Paddyluv(m): 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.