Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242345 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:10am On Sep 19, 2015
1. It won't run online.

2. cPanel.

SOjaTHug:

can't I just upload my website without changing the config.php file and the 5 steps you described? Besides how does web disk works, and also how does ftp work too

2 . I pointed another domain to my hosting name server because it is a shared hosting. Is there any other thing I need to do? where can I find my new domain in my cpanel. Is it in the addon domain section or where?

Sorry for bothering you ZinoFego with my questions, God bless you abundantly as you answer bro
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ayobami52(m): 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
Mr zino.... A job weldone you are doing here... Am new to Joomla, and I got stuck at main configuration page, it's not not going to the next page which is the database.... Please I need your help... Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by SOjaTHug(m): 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
ZinoFego:
1. It won't run online.

2. cPanel.

1. so I will have to change the userame and everything necessarily? okay i'll do that.

2 . I know it's cpanel, but what section exactly
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
prof zinofigo I have been a keen follower of this thread right from inception but later lost interest because I didn't have a laptop or a PC. But am back, now on android and I can tell you I was able to host joomla offline with an app palapa server using my android. just installed it. snapshots. But at times a feel a little bit doubtful whether all the features would work perfectly on a smart phone.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by SOjaTHug(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
Adrenaline123:
prof zinofigo I have been a keen follower of this thread right from inception but later lost interest because I didn't have a laptop or a PC. But am back, now on android and I can tell you I was able to host joomla offline with an app palapa server using my android. just installed it. snapshots. But at times a feel a little bit doubtful whether all the features would work perfectly on a smart phone.

wow that is so great, Please can you outline the process how you got it done? did you install ampps also on ur android?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Kangol99(m): 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
Okay!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2015
1. Yes. Just follow the outline on this tutorial.
2. Addon Domains

SOjaTHug:

1. so I will have to change the userame and everything necessarily? okay i'll do that.

2 . I know it's cpanel, but what section exactly
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by SOjaTHug(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2015
ZinoFego:
1. Yes. Just follow the outline on this tutorial.
2. Addon Domains

Okay thanks I've done it, so I have to upload my site into the new root folder created. the only thing confusing me here is the folder was created into my main site public_html folder.

if I visit the first hosted website, I see the new added domain folder inside the index of/ page. hope it doesn't matter? and if I I will upload the new website for the recent added domain, I will have to upload it into the automatically created folder right?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
See the attached image.

You can always use the MOVE function when the folders are opened to move your files to the root folder (public_html).

SOjaTHug:

Okay thanks I've done it, so I have to upload my site into the new root folder created. the only thing confusing me here is the folder was created into my main site public_html folder.

if I visit the first hosted website, I see the new added domain folder inside the index of/ page. hope it doesn't matter? and if I I will upload the new website for the recent added domain, I will have to upload it into the automatically created folder right?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Adrenaline123(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
SOjaTHug:

wow that is so great, Please can you outline the process how you got it done? did you install ampps also on ur android?

First of all, I got an app palapa server which I used instead of ampps. I downloaded phpmyadmin, unzipped it and installed it then joomla files too. created a data base and installed joomla. that's all.

you can get the app on play store or search on google.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by SOjaTHug(m): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
ZinoFego:
See the attached image.

You can always use the MOVE function when the folders are opened to move your files to the root folder (public_html).

okay thanks, it was going to be extremely difficult to upload my websites into the public_html anyway so I opted to use the online softaculous installer from my cpanel. It was much easier. I just have to start the designing again from scratch. check http://akinkunle.website I'm configuring that for now
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
It's quite easy, zip the offline Joomla files and upload them as a single zipped file via your cPanel. Then extra it.

This shouldn't take more than 10mins in good internet connection.

SOjaTHug:

okay thanks, it was going to be extremely difficult to upload my websites into the public_html anyway so I opted to use the online softaculous installer from my cpanel. It was much easier. I just have to start the designing again from scratch. check http://akinkunle.website I'm configuring that for now
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Omari88: 4:47am On Sep 22, 2015
@ZinoFego recently started following this tutorial, made progress up until the installation phase. Seems like it's taking forever to create database tables. Is this normal, or there's something I haven't gotten right?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by priscillawill(m): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
Thanks for the tutorials. Pls how you create a bulk sms site using joomla and spec4, how do you add the price list page in it, is it the method above? Thanks in advance
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by priscillawill(m): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
@ZinoFego Thanks for the tutorials. Pls how you create a bulk sms site using joomla and spec4, how do you add the price list page in it, is it the method above? Thanks in advance
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
Please take these steps to alter some files and then run the installation again.

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\JoomlaTraining.
2. Click on the Installation folder, then sql folder, then mysql folder
3. Locate joomla.sql inside the mysql folder and open it with a text editor.
4. Press ctrl h, it will pop out a tab, type engine=innodb in the find what section and type engine=myisam in the replace section and click on replace all, wait till it replaces d command and the save your document and close the notepad.
5. Restart your system.
6. Re-run the Joomla installation again.

Omari88:
@ZinoFego recently started following this tutorial, made progress up until the installation phase. Seems like it's taking forever to create database tables. Is this normal, or there's something I haven't gotten right?

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Omari88: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2015
Thanks ZinoFego. Done like cooked food. Ready to go.

ZinoFego:
Please take these steps to alter some files and then run the installation again.

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\JoomlaTraining.
2. Click on the Installation folder, then sql folder, then mysql folder
3. Locate joomla.sql inside the mysql folder and open it with a text editor.
4. Press ctrl h, it will pop out a tab, type engine=innodb in the find what section and type engine=myisam in the replace section and click on replace all, wait till it replaces d command and the save your document and close the notepad.
5. Restart your system.
6. Re-run the Joomla installation again.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by julius99(m): 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hello Sir,(ZinoFegosmiley
My Bulk sms website is not scheduling messages and I don't know if it was the ACYmailing software I installed that is causing it.

Please what do you think is the solution.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
Do you have a cron job for the Bulk SMS running?

julius99:
Hello Sir,(ZinoFegosmiley
My Bulk sms website is not scheduling messages and I don't know if it was the ACYmailing software I installed that is causing it.

Please what do you think is the solution.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by julius99(m): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yes Sir there is Cron Job, But don't know if its inserted correctly.
ZinoFego:

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
Please speak with the developer of the SMS component.

julius99:
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by julius99(m): 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2015

ZinoFego:

OR

Can you give me a correct format for the cron Job
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
It should come with the component if the developer didn't set up one for you in its server.

julius99:

ZinoFego:

OR

Can you give me a correct format for the cron Job
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by coderoflife: 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
Joomla and wordpress are really nice powerfull Content Management Systems, but I kinda prefer hard coding and building my own custom CMS's from scratch grin
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by aghr(m): 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ok, after so long of having a bbm which i barely use, i thought it thoughtful to find some good useof the app- luckily for me, we have BBM channels these days. Hence i created a BB channel for freelancers to connect with clients & share ideas. More importantly, a community for like-minded professionals in this most unlikely place... The world is all about connection, and every opportunity you get, you should connect with people(i mean thats how they can know you exist right?). So if you're in Nigeria and looking to a hangout spot on your BBM where you can connect and meet clients and other professionals, then you should
join us on jober BBM channel today... C001E0B69
It promises to be fun, educative, and gainful... atleast much more than chatting and laughing away our precious time on social media, we can put our time to meaningful use.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by julius99(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2015
Good morning,
I will like to know if sending Emails to Over 10k emails via ACY on my website will cause the bandwidth limit to exceed?
How can someone Increase his bandwidth limit on his website?

Happy Weekend to Us All!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2015
1. It depends on the bandwidth that you are on, it does affect. Though that's calculated on monthly basis.

2. Bandwidth limitation comes with the hosting plan that you are on. So if you want to increase your bandwidth, you need to increase your hosting plan.

I run http://SpringWebHost.com, that's where all my websites are hosted as well. We have friendly packages that can cater for your bandwidth/hosting needs.

julius99:
Good morning,
I will like to know if sending Emails to Over 10k emails via ACY on my website will cause the bandwidth limit to exceed?
How can someone Increase his bandwidth limit on his website?

Happy Weekend to Us All!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by julius99(m): 11:04am On Sep 26, 2015
Thanks Sir for your good answer!

If I am to use the "Springwebhost.com";
- What is the maximum emails that can be sent in a day?
- Hope I can be sending it on a daily base without exceeding the bandwidth limit?
- Will it affect the sending of messages from the website?
- What is the cost of the hosting and how do I switch to using it when I get it?
ZinoFego:
1. It depends on the bandwidth that you are on, it does affect. Though that's calculated on monthly basis.

2. Bandwidth limitation comes with the hosting plan that you are on. So if you want to increase your bandwidth, you need to increase your hosting plan.

I run http://SpringWebHost.com, that's where all my websites are hosted as well. We have friendly packages that can cater for your bandwidth/hosting needs.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by priscillawill(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
ZinoFego:
name, email

pls how do create compose sms, register. Etc in a bulk sms site that use spc4. Can i use springhosting standard sharing hosting for bulk sms site and do need another account for the cron job
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
1. On our shared server: 1000 emails per hour.
2. Exceeding the bandwidth is also determined by other factors such as downloads, uploads, site visits...etc.
3. Your bandwidth won't affect your sending of emails as long as the hosting package that you choose can cover it.
4. For the cost of hosting and each package features please visit http://springwebhost.com/web-hosting.php

julius99:
Thanks Sir for your good answer!

If I am to use the "Springwebhost.com";
- What is the maximum emails that can be sent in a day?
- Hope I can be sending it on a daily base without exceeding the bandwidth limit?
- Will it affect the sending of messages from the website?
- What is the cost of the hosting and how do I switch to using it when I get it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.