Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242352 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by AfrikaVoice(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
Hi Friends.
I Have a Good news for us, For your competent, Reliable and A Best Web Hosting Company in Nigeria Kindly Visit http://linkservers.net. A Trial Will convince You.

Linkservers.net
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Mrkingzz(m): 11:18am On Mar 03, 2016
Must i get a domain name for me to be able to use Joomla?
ZinoFego:
2. Installing Joomla in a few steps

There are very simple ways to install Joomla, in fact there are basically two ways to install Joomla.

1. Download a copy of Joomla from http://Joomla.org and install it on your computer offline or on an online hosting server. In plain terms, lets refer to your hosting server as your website running online.
2. Install Joomla directly into your online website using script installer in the control panel of the site.

For the sake of time, I'll talk more on 2. Install Joomla directly into your online website using script installer in the control panel of the site......... and also the later part of option 1. i.e. installing downloaded Joomla files into an online website. The reason is, installing Joomla on your computer to run will require you yo install and configure a local server like Apache, install PHP and Mysql. You can download AMMPS (a software stack from Softaculous enabling Apache, Mysql, MongoDB, PHP, Perl, Python and Softaculous auto-installer on a desktop.) from http://www.ampps.com/downloads and install it in your system. I'll talk about developing a Joomla site offline much later in this course.

This Course will teach you the latest version of Joomla which version 3.1.

So lets go to....

1. Download a copy of Joomla from http://Joomla.org and install it on an online hosting server (online website)
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
Not really. You can work offline. We discussed that here earlier.

Mrkingzz:
Must i get a domain name for me to be able to use Joomla?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Mrkingzz(m): 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
Can i have your number please
ZinoFego:

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by easynetsms(m): 6:26am On Mar 04, 2016
ZinoFego:

Do you know ecommerce extension that I can install in site that supports Voguepay payment gateway.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2016
You can visit voguepay.com to know the gateways it supports.

easynetsms:

Do you know ecommerce extension that I can install in site that supports Voguepay payment gateway.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by seoloverain: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2016
get your website to google first page now http://market.source-wave.com/services/7599?affid=de7f01
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eworm: 5:25am On Mar 10, 2016
You have tried, this is a great knowledge going out free of charge. We really appreciate it. Please it seems you forgot to say that to get a functioning joomla website, domain registration and web hosting is also needed, i didnt see that aspect, or did I miss out something?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by eworm: 11:54am On Mar 12, 2016
Joomla, create CMS to use. Our web hosting comes with one click installer that will automatically help you install Joomla without stressing yourself to download it
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
ZinoFego:
Hey friends, I just completed this website http://evilla.com.ng.

You can check it out and also ask questions.

The screenshot is attached below.
Hello sir, Wonderful Job u got here, have a domain name and intend to use it to build a real estate listing like the Evilla u did up here.. Pls, I need help on templates, components and other extensions needed for a project like this.. Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
You can reach me with my details in my signature I need to find out a few things from you.

polymathic:
Hello sir, Wonderful Job u got here, have a domain name and intend to use it to build a real estate listing like the Evilla u did up here.. Pls, I need help on templates, components and other extensions needed for a project like this.. Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
ZinoFego:
You can reach me with my details in my signature I need to find out a few things from you.

send mail sir... Thanks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Jacosky(m): 9:15am On Mar 14, 2016
emerem:
Please who can help me with trouble shooting my site. I installed Joomla as directed here but am still stucked. Here is the only thing I see in the frontend, am a newbie with codes though, but am suppose to see where to customize or am I missing some thing? Here www.selfaidinitiative.org.

If you really need help, you have got to learn to ask the right questions. What challenge are you facing precisely? What have you tried to do that you can't do?

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by odicity: 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2016
please i want to set up a b2b markat place. already i have hikashop and hikamarket. i need an extension or plugin i can use on it to so that customers can ask for quotations from my vendors can submit qutation and seal deals. please can some on suggest to me or any other way about achiving this easier? thanks. please quote me
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by yomalex(m): 8:58am On Mar 22, 2016
Hi ZinoFego, How do I create a page without sidebars?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:20am On Mar 23, 2016
You have to do that from the setting of the template if you are making one or request from the template developer.

yomalex:
Hi ZinoFego, How do I create a page without sidebars?

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:23am On Mar 23, 2016
Joomla 3.5 is out!

So what's new? Check the features below and upgrade.

In theory, this should be a simple upgrade, however, be sure to check compatibility with any third party extensions you have installed, back-up your current site beforehand, and consider testing it in a development environment first.

Below we give you a brief overview of 6 of the new features;

1. Update Email Notification plugin
2. Plugin to gather basic anonymized data
3. New count items display
4. Ability to add a user CSS file to Protostar
5. Download system/environment information
6. TinyMCE drag and drop images feature

You can read details here: http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/blog/general/what-s-new-in-joomla-3-5?utm_source=Build+a+Joomla+Website&utm_campaign=3d758c5f31-BAJW_227_What_s_New_in_Joomla_3_5_3_23_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1452d13a68-3d758c5f31-28459509

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Aleiru(m): 4:21am On Mar 25, 2016
[quote author=ZinoFego post=44025799]Joomla 3.5 is out!
So what's new? earn $10 and more when you sign up and invite your friends, click here http://shareduty.com/?id=22037
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Aleiru(m): 4:24am On Mar 25, 2016
earn $10 and more when you sign up and invite your friends, click here http://shareduty.com/?id=22037
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by hawk05(m): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
ZinoFego.. Much appreciated for ur beautiful tutorial.. I have some minor problem, after installed joomla using Ampps. later within a week i dont know what i clicked and it corruptd and doesnt working again. then i unstall Ampps and re-install fresh one. Upon registration i.e localhost:8080 after clicking JoomlaTraining,. It refused installing and said " some errors occured while populating the database: No database schema exists for this database type"... How do i rectify it?.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:54am On Mar 26, 2016
1. What version of Joomla are you installing?
2. Is it a quickstart package?
3. Did you create new a database for the installation?
4. While installing, what database type did you sellect, MySQL or MySQLi?
5. Are you sure the Joomla package files are complete?

Tentatively: check that you have copied all files from /installation folder. Maybe one of them is missing, in particular from /sql folder.

hawk05:
ZinoFego.. Much appreciated for ur beautiful tutorial.. I have some minor problem, after installed joomla using Ampps. later within a week i dont know what i clicked and it corruptd and doesnt working again. then i unstall Ampps and re-install fresh one. Upon registration i.e localhost:8080 after clicking JoomlaTraining,. It refused installing and said " some errors occured while populating the database: No database schema exists for this database type"... How do i rectify it?.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by hawk05(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2016
ZinoFego:
1. What version of Joomla are you installing?
2. Is it a quickstart package?
3. Did you create new a database for the installation?
4. While installing, what database type did you sellect, MySQL or MySQLi?
5. Are you sure the Joomla package files are complete?

Tentatively: check that you have copied all files from /installation folder. Maybe one of them is missing, in particular from /sql folder.

1.. Version 3.4.8
2.. i dont know but will check it again
3.. Yes i did
4.. MYSQL
5.. I guessed so because when i wanna change engine=innodb to the one u explained, upon clicking mysql inside subfolder of installation. The joomla supposed to be joomla.sql but wat amused me was i dont know how dot sql disappeared and i only see joomla.. I will try again to unstall joomla.

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by hawk05(m): 7:12am On Mar 28, 2016
ZinoFego:
Joomla 3.5 is out!

So what's new? Check the features below and upgrade.

In theory, this should be a simple upgrade, however, be sure to check compatibility with any third party extensions you have installed, back-up your current site beforehand, and consider testing it in a development environment first.

Below we give you a brief overview of 6 of the new features;

1. Update Email Notification plugin
2. Plugin to gather basic anonymized data
3. New count items display
4. Ability to add a user CSS file to Protostar
5. Download system/environment information
6. TinyMCE drag and drop images feature

You can read details here: http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/blog/general/what-s-new-in-joomla-3-5?utm_source=Build+a+Joomla+Website&utm_campaign=3d758c5f31-BAJW_227_What_s_New_in_Joomla_3_5_3_23_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1452d13a68-3d758c5f31-28459509
Thanks again, i have install it sucesful. Its 3.5.. Pls how do i get ur ebook on how to create website cos ur links aint going thru except hosting website. How do i get it? I mean ebook?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
A just completed project for [url]SolnergyPower.com[/url]. It is a solar power installation and maintenance company.

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by severus(m): 8:48am On Mar 31, 2016
Mark Zuckerberg built Facebook at 19years old and now is a billionaire, learn how to create cool websites, apps and begin your success story.

visit http://codelab.cf to start

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.