Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242348 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Djtm(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
yungcheda: I have installed Joomla on ampps because xampp refused to work on my system. I know this might be off topic but you are a boss judging by what I can see. Please, How Can I Install Wordpress On Ampps? Been trying but getting the error that "The MySQL Connection could not be established." Someone should please help me
It means you're not running mysql!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by yungcheda(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
my ampps shows me that mysql is running. I can't even access my phpmyadmin again. Its telling me access denied. Mehn, I need help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:15am On Nov 14, 2013
Try and uninstall and reinstall AMPPS. If you have any other similar program running or installed, uninstall it as well. Please restart your system before reinstalling.

yungcheda: my ampps shows me that mysql is running. I can't even access my phpmyadmin again. Its telling me access denied. Mehn, I need help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by festusbiz(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2013
pls can anyone help me wit any joomla school portal extention dat wil also generate log in pin codes like most uni and poly portals
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by yungcheda(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
will unistalling ampps remove the joomla projects I have running? If so, how can I continue from where I stopped in my joomla exercises that I have learnt from you?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
Before you uninstall, you need to export your databases and also save your project folders.

yungcheda: will unistalling ampps remove the joomla projects I have running? If so, how can I continue from where I stopped in my joomla exercises that I have learnt from you?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sunday478(m): 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
My joomla project is refusing to open. Always returning with the statement, instantiation error, how do I get rid of this problem
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Please check your configuration.php file. If you are using a localhost, try restarting Apache and MySql.

sunday478: My joomla project is refusing to open. Always returning with the statement, instantiation error, how do I get rid of this problem
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by yungcheda(m): 12:40am On Nov 15, 2013
Tanx boss but can I install wamp and ampps together?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 3:58am On Nov 15, 2013
Nope. There may be conflicts. Pls use one at a time.

yungcheda: Tanx boss but can I install wamp and ampps together?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by yungcheda(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2013
By exporting the database, you mean I should copy the folders and paste in another location?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:34am On Nov 15, 2013
Exporting A Database
1. Open phpmyadmin.
2. Click the database name that you want to export.
3. Click on Export
4. Click Ok at the bottom of the page. The database will be downloaded into your system.

yungcheda: By exporting the database, you mean I should copy the folders and paste in another location?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by MrDonfranko(m): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2013
Here I am again with questions that touch the heart.
1. What is the best way to back up a Joomla! website and restore it when needed?

2. Have you suddenly lost an entire website while using Joomla!?
What are the possible causes?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sunday478(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
ZinoFego: Please check your configuration.php file. If you are using a localhost, try restarting Apache and MySql.

i tried restarting but the problem still persist, and if i remove my ampps and reinstall it will come back to normal, but after shutting down my PC and try it again after on the computer it will still bring back the same problem.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2013
sunday478: i tried restarting but the problem still persist, and if i remove my ampps and reinstall it will come back to normal, but after shutting down my PC and try it again after on the computer it will still bring back the same problem.

The below may help you

Djangocode: Sometimes, Mysql not starting is caused by a mysql service already running in registry.. I had a similar experience, What I did was to Uninstall my Wamp, Enter Your Registry and search for mysql and delete any search that shows MYSQL..

Then Reinstall Xampp or Wamp and Run it..
NB: This is a Clean Hack..

You Can Google "Removing MYSQL from Registry".. Cuz I myt have skipped some Steps..

You Can also scan Your system cuz a Virus might be the cause..
sunday478: i tried restarting but the problem still persist, and if i remove my ampps and reinstall it will come back to normal, but after shutting down my PC and try it again after on the computer it will still bring back the same problem.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 16, 2013
Mr.Donfranko:
Here I am again with questions that touch the heart.
1. What is the best way to back up a Joomla! website and restore it when needed?

2. Have you suddenly lost an entire website while using Joomla!?
What are the possible causes?

Google on Akeeba Back up for Joomla.. It helps in backing up Your Files..

2. Its always safe to back up your files locally(PC), so as not to lose entire website during an attack or something similar..

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sunday478(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2013
ZinoFego:

The below may help you

the problem is not the starting, mysql do start, and apache also start. But when u click the joomla training folder on indeX page, it will say error page, instantiantion bla bla bla.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by MrDonfranko(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
Djangocode:

Google on Akeeba Back up for Joomla.. It helps in backing up Your Files..

2. Its always safe to back up your files locally(PC), so as not to lose entire website during an attack or something similar..

Thank you.
Which restoration method is good while using Akeeba. I am certain the Backup process is a piece of cake but to restore seems a little complicated and entails about three methods. Which of the restoration method will be preferable to use?

Someone said something earlier about a "School Pin Verification" component. Is something like that or similar available on joomla!?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hope u've read up how to Back up with Akeeba.. Here's one of the Best steps:

Restoring with Akeeba Kickstart - Part 1

We first need to upload the '.jpa' to our web-
space, depending on how big your website is will
depend on how long the '.jpa' file take to upload.
If your website is large there may be a number of
files, extension ending '.jpa','.j01','.j02' etc.
We also need to upload Akeeba Kickstart to our
web space. The files that we will upload are
'kickstart.php' and the specific language file that
we need, in our case we will also upload 'en-
GB.kickstart.ini' file.
Files we need uploading to our web space:
1. All the files that Akeeba Backup produced of
our website and database
2. 'kickstart.php'
3. language file 'en-GB.kickstart.ini', yours may
be different

Now the files have made it to our web space we
now need to go to the following location:
http://www.your-domain.com/kickstart.php
(change 'your-domain' to your real domain)
By going to the above URL you will inisiate the
extraction process.

Once you have read the information and clicked
the 'Click here or press ESC to close this message'

Since we are using the Professional version of
Akeeba Kickstart we have the option to import
our files from Amazon S3. We wont need to use
that option as the file is already on the server.

We then need to click the 'Start' button located at
the bottom of the first main screen. This will then
start the extraction process, this extracts all of the
files from our '.jpa' file and also adds an
installation folder which we will then use for the
next part of the extraction.

Once the extraction process has been completed
You'll see, 'Restoration and Clean Up'
screen with the 'RUN THE INSTALLER' button.

Once you click the 'RUN THE INSTALLER' button a
new tab will open within your browser that starts
the installation process.

The first part of the installation process show all
of the recommended settings and the actual
settings that are configured on your server.

After clicking the 'Next' button located at the top
right of the screen we will be taken to the
database restore step. We will then need to enter
the database details, these will either be the same
details as you enter for the installation process (if
you are restoring the backup on the same server)
or the will be different if you have transferred
your website to another server.

A dialog box will 'pop up' with the status of the
database import process.

The next screen lets us configure some of the site
settings, mainly the 'Site Name, Site e-mail
address, Live site URL' and others. The majority of
the time you wont need to edit of these settings
so you can just click the 'Next' button located in
the top right of your screen.

You have now completed the restoration process,
you can now close your current tab and go back
to the original tab. Now go back to the original tab
and click the 'CLEAN Up' button, this will remove
the 'installation' folder and your website is back
to normal.

Once you click the 'CLEAN UP' button you will get
the option to visit the 'Front End' or the
'Administrator area' of your website.

PS: Culled From www.webdevelopmentconsultancy.com/joomla-how-to/how-to-backup-my-website/using-akeeba-backup/restoring-your-akeeba-backup.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
As Per the School component system using Joomla, I don't think its a free extension.. You can ask JOOMLAMAN here on Nairaland or Google "School Management system using Joomla"..

I prefer u get it from Joomlaman here on Nairaland though as he might be of help in aiding ur Implementation of erything there..

PS: I aint saying he'll give u for free though buh he has a high Knowledge of Joomla IMO
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by MrDonfranko(m): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
Djangocode: As Per the School component system using Joomla, I don't think its a free extension.. You can ask JOOMLAMAN here on Nairaland or Google "School Management system using Joomla"..

I prefer u get it from Joomlaman here on Nairaland though as he might be of help in aiding ur Implementation of erything there..

PS: I aint saying he'll give u for free though buh he has a high Knowledge of Joomla IMO

Your answer to my questions are noted and well appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Arlex(m): 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Rizstar: 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
ZinoFego: Exporting A Database
1. Open phpmyadmin.
2. Click the database name that you want to export.
3. Click on Export
4. Click Ok at the bottom of the page. The database will be downloaded into your system.

please is it possible to edit jo
omla with dreamweaver? how if possible
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
Yes you can but you have to be sure what you want to edit else you may have to do the site all over again.

Rizstar: please is it possible to edit jo
omla with dreamweaver? how if possible
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Rizstar: 4:45am On Nov 19, 2013
ZinoFego: Yes you can but you have to be sure what you want to edit else you may have to do the site all over again.

please what are the steps to follow
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:06am On Nov 19, 2013
What do you want to edit?

Rizstar: please what are the steps to follow
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2013
Is your server working well now?

yungcheda: my ampps shows me that mysql is running. I can't even access my phpmyadmin again. Its telling me access denied. Mehn, I need help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by bug24(m): 10:15am On Nov 19, 2013
ZinoFego!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:33am On Nov 19, 2013
My Oga has landed! Welcome sir

bug24: ZinoFego!
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Rizstar: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
ZinoFego: What do you want to edit?

To add pictures and other contents.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by bug24(m): 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
ZinoFego: My Oga has landed! Welcome sir

Your Oga for where?
no put me for wahala oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.