Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake (1827 Views)

10 Things Women Say When They're Not Into You. / Ladies....why Do You Think Men's Nuts Stank? / Seven Most Annoying Things Women Say To Men. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Sisikill: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2008
Found this aricle on MSN and I thought it was interesting. Showed it to the guys in my life (about 16 of them) and their thoughts on the article varied from "Complete BS" and "Well. . . somethings are true". I'd like to know what the guys on Nairaland think.

For years we've all heard the things men shouldn't say to women, such as "Yeah, those jeans do make you look a little chunky," and "Why didn't you tell me you had a hot friend."

We've been doing our best to behave, but it's time you knew there are a few things that won't score you any points with the man in your life. For the most part, we're an open book, but there are a few things that make us cringe.

1) "That looks cute."
For the most part, men hate cute. We don't want to hear about it, we don't want to see it, and we sure as hell don't want to be it. If we come down stairs after getting dressed and you tell us we look cute, there's a 100 percent chance we're changing. We're supposed to be your protector, your rock, and cute does not fit into that picture.

2) "We need to talk."
These four words shut off a man's brain faster than long division. When men hear you say that they immediately go into flight mode. And anything they can do to get out of this conversation—and better yet, your apartment—they will. There are plenty of other ways to approach a delicate conversation, and getting us in a place where we feel comfortable is a good start.

3) "It's just a game."
Actually, it's not just a game. Sports are a major part of our lives and the outcome has as much to do with our mood as just about anything else. Is it fair? No. Is it right? No. Is it immature? Maybe. But it's life. Sometimes we just care too much. We understand that it doesn't make sense, but you should be happy that we're that passionate about something. Telling us that "it's just a game" is like us telling you that Oprah's just a talk show host.

4) "Nothing's wrong."

Please don't tell us nothing's wrong. The look on your face could make the toughest guy on the planet weep like a third-grade girl and your arms are crossed so tight you might explode. We're not mind readers; tell us what's going on. And don't make us guess because—believe me—you won't like what we come up with.

5) "I sound like my mom."
The mere fact that you might turn into your mom someday scares the hell out of us. Don't say it, even in jest—it's not funny. We actually believe (and pray) that the saying "every woman ends up looking like their mother" is an old wives' tale. If we didn't, no one would ever get married.

6) "I just want to be friends."
No you don't. You just want us to stop calling you. This is a lot like pulling off a band-aid. Do it quick—don't prolong the agony. Most of us take "I just want to be friends" as "There's still a chance," so if there isn't just make it a clean break and move on.  Everyone will be much better because of it.

7) "Size doesn't matter."
Don't lie to us. We know it does, and we're doing our best to make up for it in other ways. It's best just to not say anything at all.

8 ) "What are you wearing?"

We're wearing whatever's clean or whatever you tell us to. We don't plan out our wardrobe days in advance, but we do actually try and look presentable. It may not work a lot of the time, but we do give it a shot. Giving us direction is completely encouraged though, so go ahead and suggest … nicely.

9) "Do you think she's pretty?"

Of course we do, our standards are much lower than yours. But just because we check her out doesn't mean we think any less of you. We try to be as discreet as possible, but for the most part, we can't help it. It's in our DNA. When an attractive woman walks by, it's best to just pretend nothing happened.

10) "Which outfit do you like better?"

I'm going to be honest here—90 percent of the guys out there are not going to tell you which outfit they like better: They're going to try to pick the one you like better and not get into a holy war when the babysitter is due any minute. To us, you always look good. Getting a couple cocktails and spending as much time as we can without the kids is our ultimate goal for a rare night out.

For me. . . 
1)  A guy who gets upset about #1, will get a gentle tap on his head, an "Awwwww" and an eye roll on the sly.
2)  A guy who makes a big deal over #3 is immature and I'm probably better off. I mean seriously, it's just a game and Oprah IS just a talk show host.
3)  ALL guys should be happy if a girl tells him #7, even if he knows it is a lie. It shows how caring she is. . . not wanting to hurt him. Kiss her feet, I Say.
4) I am seriously confused about #5. Why would sounding like my mother drive a guy nuts?

Girls - Which of these will piss you off if you guy reacted to it.
Guys - Tell us if these are really a big deal like the author woul like us to believe
Neutral - Tell us why you think it is all nonsense.
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2008
2)  A guy who makes a big deal over #3 is immature and I'm probably better off. I mean seriously, it's just a game and Oprah IS just a talk show host

I concur.

And number 4. Hate it when people nudge, pry and question continuously. Aarrrggghhhhh.
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by TOH(f): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2008
men tend to do #4 alot actually. cos they want you to grovel and beg at their feet asking what the hell is their problem and when girls dont, they get angry. Nowadays there's hardly a difference between the two sexes. Both grudge holding whiny babies with severe communication problems

I tend to ask #10 to guys who I know have agood eye. If not I ask my sister or female friends. Dont know why girls feel the need to force an answer from a dude

Just wanna be friends, yea sometimes it's cos you want the perosn to stop bothering you but alot of times you just think the person is better to you as a friend, unfortunately some dudes are "it's either we're together or nothing"{ and for that I say, bite me.

as for cute, I dont use that word much anyway. It's meant for midgets or babies.
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by syren: 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2008
3) "It's just a game."
I don't like fanatics cool

Guy's tend to dislike their mothers-in-law, quite frankly I don't want to sound like my mum either  grin

What's wrong with that?  cool

I don't care if he thinks another women's pretty there are tons of em out there anyway, just as long as he thinks i'm beautiful  grin
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2008
1) "That looks cute." - No problem with this . . . the macho man wont admit he secretly wishes she would use it a bit more often.

2) "We need to talk." - Oh no, not again! This is code for "you're in serious trouble".

3) "It's just a game." - No its not! If Nadal loses this game today i'll be in deep depression for the next 2 hrs and in no mood to talk to you.

4) "Nothing's wrong." - Oh yeah sure. Just say whatever is wrong so i don't have to beg you to do so.

5) "I sound like my mom." - No big deal, so long as your mom knows how to cook, clean, house, be faithful, trusting, submissive . . .

6) "I just want to be friends." - Just tell me you like someone else.

7) "Size doesn't matter." - Be honest, you've met someone bigger right?

8 ) "What are you wearing?" - Got a better idea?

9) "Do you think she's pretty?" - If i say no, you think i'm dishonest; if i say yes, you sulk then go back to "nothing's wrong" mode. Why even bother to ask? I'm with you not her . . . that shld tell you all you need to know.

10) "Which outfit do you like better?" - Oh sure, i'm always glad to help you pick one that matches your figure.
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Sisikill: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2008
stillwater:

And number 4. Hate it when people nudge, pry and question continuously. Aarrrggghhhhh.

Oh yeah, I hate that too. When I'm angry, you will know it coz I just let it out and when I'm done, I'm done. As a matter of fact, there is a Bipolar-ish feel to my anger or so I've been told. I honestly don't have time or maybe too lazy to do the whole "Guess what I'm feeling" schtick.

TOH:

men tend to do #4 alot actually. because they want you to grovel and beg at their feet asking what the hell is their problem and when girls don't, they get angry. Nowadays there's hardly a difference between the two sexes. Both grudge holding whiny babies with severe communication problems

I tend to ask #10 to guys who I know have  agood eye. If not I ask my sister or female friends. Dont know why girls feel the need to force an answer from a dude

Just want to be friends, yea sometimes it's because you want the perosn to stop bothering you but alot of times you just think the person is better to you as a friend, unfortunately some dudes are "it's either we're together or nothing"{ and for that I say, bite me.

as for cute, I don't use that word much anyway. It's meant for midgets or babies.

LMAO. . . you have no idea what just came to my head reading that. I've heard Midgets find that word offensive, they prefer Little People. So imagine a girl telling a MIDGET he is CUTE, that is double offense right there. Now imagine him getting all sulky and  trying to convince her not to call him cute because he's supposed to be her protector. . . Rotflmao.

Jeebus, I am going to hell for this.
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Sisikill: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

1) "That looks cute." - No problem with this . . . the macho man wont admit he secretly wishes she would use it a bit more often.

2) "We need to talk." - Oh no, not again! This is code for "you're in serious trouble".

3) "It's just a game." - No its not! If Nadal loses this game today i'll be in deep depression for the next 2 hrs and in no mood to talk to you.

4) "Nothing's wrong." - Oh yeah sure. Just say whatever is wrong so i don't have to beg you to do so.

5) "I sound like my mom." - No big deal, so long as your mom knows how to cook, clean, house, be faithful, trusting, submissive . . .

6) "I just want to be friends." - Just tell me you like someone else.

7) "Size doesn't matter." - Be honest, you've met someone bigger right?

8 ) "What are you wearing?" - Got a better idea?

9) "Do you think she's pretty?" - If i say no, you think i'm dishonest; if i say yes, you sulk then go back to "nothing's wrong" mode. Why even bother to ask? I'm with you not her . . . that shld tell you all you need to know.

10) "Which outfit do you like better?" - Oh sure, i'm always glad to help you pick one that matches your figure.

For #3  - Why for goodness sake, why? I don't think I'll ever understand that one. . . Ever!

For # 6 - What if there isn't anyone. I really, really, really just want to be friends? Gah! Guys live in a black or white world.

For # 7 - I'll answer, "Yeah, as a matter of fact I have" and then pretend to go into a dreamy state. I'm trying to be nice, boost his little ego (no pun intended) but instead of taking it and skipping happily away, he's asking questions? *Hissss* He's not serious.
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by syren: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
Sisikill:

For #3 - Why for goodness sake, why? I don't think I'll ever understand that one. . . Ever!

You and me both sisikill cool
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2008
Sisikill:

For #3 - Why for goodness sake, why? I don't think I'll ever understand that one. . . Ever!

I dont know either, all i know is that i've been glued to this game for the last 6hrs. Try not to understand it, i'd suggest to live with it.

Sisikill:

For # 6 - What if there isn't anyone. I really, really, really just want to be friends? Gah! Guys live in a black or white world.

I dont want to be friends . . . once you've dropped into the dateable zone in my mind its hard to just see you as an ordinary friend again.
Just the same way its not easy for you to "just be friends" with an ex who broke it up with you to date ur best friend.

Sisikill:

For # 7 - I'll answer, "Yeah, as a matter of fact I have" and then pretend to go into a dreamy state. I'm trying to be nice, boost his little ego (no pun intended) but instead of taking it and skipping happily away, he's asking questions? *Hissss* He's not serious.

Bye bye to sex for that night.
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

I don't want to be friends . . . once you've dropped into the dateable zone in my mind its hard to just see you as an ordinary friend again.
Just the same way its not easy for you to "just be friends" with an ex who broke it up with you to date your best friend.

I presume "would you get out of my sight" a better choice than "Let's just be friends"?
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2008
sorry david. federer is establishing domination of the court today. you'd better get some ice packs grin grin
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2008
and anti-depressants tongue
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
iceblue:

sorry david. federer is establishing domination of the court today. you'd better get some ice packs grin grin

you sure u dont want me to send the icepacks to you? cheesy Rafa has won . . . its days like this that i can do anything for a woman no matter how crazy. Now what was this topic about?
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Ibime(m): 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2008
No 2 is the worst
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

you sure u don't want me to send the icepacks to you? cheesy Rafa has won . . . its days like this that i can do anything for a woman no matter how crazy. Now what was this topic about?

i'm in tears boo hoo hoo cry cry cry

NOT!!!
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

its days like this that i can do anything for a woman no matter how crazy

i want a pair of diamond earrings grin grin grin
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2008
iceblue:

i want a pair of diamond earrings grin grin grin

sorry, it has to be a woman i love. wink

Ibime:

No 2 is the worst

you see am so. cheesy Cant someone find a better way of saying "hey i think u're in trouble and you have some explaining to do" . . . in a less threatening way perhaps?
Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by HRhotness(f): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2008
1) "That looks cute."
I don't like to use the word cute, i like to say hot!

2) "We need to talk."
r
This is a sure sign I'm in the mood for a fight or I want to break-up. . .  . he should be scared!  grin grin

3) "It's just a game."
no its not just a game, growing up in a male dominated environment has thought me this.  I have learnt to use this to my advantage  wink grin grin

4) "Nothing's wrong."
Trust me, you really don't want to know whats wrong, so drop it! 

my mum's hot so u better be glad i sound like her  lipsrsealed

I really just want to be friends. If i didnt like you, I'd tell u to f*ck off!

7) "Size doesn't matter."
Size does matter honey! If you werent big enough, I wldnt be with you!

8 ) "What are you wearing?"
Just checking so you dont embarras me

I probbaly think she's hot too

10) "Which outfit do you like better?"
I'm dressing up for you, the least u cld do was offer an opinion

1 Like

Re: Things Women Say That Drive Men Nuts. . . Nuttier Than A Fruitcake by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

sorry, it has to be a woman i love. wink

cant blame a girl for trying. you said no matter how crazy - this oughtta count as crazy enough, lol grin grin tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can You Wash Her Undies / My Heart Aches! / Trace Mobile Phone Number Of Your Lovers For Security Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.