Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? (9584 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Gombs(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Real_Alfranco: In the bible,da word 'Trinity' wasn't mentioned at all...not even once!!! But I think da word was used 2 show/explain 2 us da ways God reveals himself 2 man... in the book of Genesis,God(the father)revealed himself 2 Adam nd Eve. The birth of Jesus Christ(the son)... And God reveals himself 2 us thru da Holy Spirit,when we accept Christ as our Lord nd Saviour( Acts 1:7;Acts 2)

The above bold is Not true!

God NEVER revealed himself to Adam and Eve. It was Jesus that was with them. God NEVER leaves his throne.

Gen 3v8 KJV
8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Jesus is the Word of God. Jn 1v1 that word came walking.

@Op the Holyspirit is same as God, he proceeds from the father. God never leaves his throne, but manifest him self by the person of the Holyspirit and dwells in us and through us, does his will and wonders all over the world.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Adrenaline123(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
babs2aroks: Trinity is a mystery of faith revealed in the scripture beyond "human understanding". An explanation is "beyond human language"
you are there!!
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by coolxpat(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
kekakuz: God is the computer
Jesus is the hardware
Holy spirit is the operating system

if u stll dont get it,you may never get it

Hehe... None can act independent of the other. Bros, no de underate ur God o. Go and seek for more knowledge

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Opawale(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
nickz: My best explanation
lol..y does this one now look like that illuminaty symbol?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Emusan(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
kolypo: 38 Simple Reasons Why Is Jesus Not God
1- God Doesn’t Change His Nature (Malachi
3:6)
2- GOD Almighty is Greater than Jesus. (John
14:28 )
3- No one is "Good" including Jesus. Only
GOD is" Good" (Luke 18:19)
4- Jesus said he doesn't know when the
Hour
will come. Only GOD Knows. (Mark 13:32)
5- Jesus said that" OUR God is One GOD
" (Mark 12:29 )
6- Jesus also said "My GOD and your
GOD" (John 20:17)
7- Jesus bowed his face down to the ground
to GOD Almighty. (Matthew 26:39)
8- Jesus was tempted by satan for 40 days
(Mat1:4), while GOD Almighty can not be
tempted (Jacob 1:13)
9- Jesus said he is a man (John 8:40)
10- God is neither a man nor a son of a man
(Numbers 23:19)
11- No one can see god (1 John 4:20) but
people saw Jesus
12- God is the living and everlasting
(Habakkuk 1:12)
13- Jesus always confessed he is just a
prophet sent by god (Matthew 21:10-11)
14- God Declare Himself to be God, Jesus
didn't (Ezekiel 20:20)
15- Jesus told his real mission was to preach
not sacrifice (Mark 1:38)
16- Jesus desired Mercy not Sacrifice
(Matthew 9:13)
Jesus refered himseld as
17- Servant:
Matthew 10:24, 24:45, 12:18 John 13:16
18- Prophet:
Matthew 8:20 13:16,21:11, Mark 6:15, 6;4,
9;37, Luke 7:16, 9:8, 9:19, John 13:17, 7:16,
6:14, 7:40
19- Son of Man:
Matthew 5:9, 17:22, 8:20, 18:11, 26:2, Luke
9:22, John 5:27
20- Slave:
John 13:16, Matthew 10:24
21- Student:
Matthew 10:24
22- Father is Grater than Jesus (John 14:28)
How can someone can be greater than God?
23- Jesus was taught by the Father (John
8:28)
24- Jesus can do nothing by himself (John
5:19, John 5:30)
25- Jesus does not even has his own
doctrine (John 7:16)
26- Jesus ascend to his God (John 20:17)
27- According to Christian Jesus died as
recorded in Matthew 27:27-56 but Bible says
that God is infinite Pslam 102:27-27
28- Jesus needed to Pray, Eat, Drink and Was
Helped by Woman, as stated in Luke 8:1-3
but God in Bible is self-sufficient Psalm
50:12
29- The God remain the same in nature
(Hebrews 1:12)
30- Jesus is the same human today,
yesterday and forver (Hebrew 13:cool
31- Jesus could not save anyone as he was
even not able to save himself (Hebrews
5:1-cool
32- Jesus said he was send to lost sheep of
Israel (Matthew 15:24)
33- God can not be born and perhaps form
his own creation
34- Jesus never said people to worship me
35- Jesus did not thaught Trinity
36- God is the essence of the worship. He is
the object of worship. Had Jesus been God,
he would have told people to worship him.
Truly, he did the exact opposite as in
Matthew 15:9
37- Jesus never called his followers
Christians, Paul did
38- Jesus as a servant ofGod (Matthew 12:18

These are the things Muhammad saw which made him composed his own book out of ignorance and claimed it was revealed by angel Gibri.

Try to get a Bible and begin to check those verses you quoted whether it correlates with the point you are trying to make, this is the problem you people have when doing copy and paste work.

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Pvictor10(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Matthew 28vs19
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Trinity

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by morewealth(m): 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
charlsecy4: @Efewestern

GOD forgives all sins if we truthfully repent of our dark ways..... To sin against the Spirit means to wilfully reject the person of Christ, and die before repentance.
The sin against the Holy Spirit is attributing the work of God to satan.
That is why it is better not to say that a pastor or man of God is using devilish powers when you dont know for sure because you might just be sinning against the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by pristine7(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pvictor10: Matthew 28vs19
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Trinity
not in the nameS of the......so we can say they have one name shey? Jesus, that is the name above all names. See eh if you claim to be a christian having the holy spirit then the mysteries of the kingdom are yours. I dey com now now.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by pristine7(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
morewealth:
The sin against the Holy Spirit is attributing the work of God to satan.
That is why it is better not to say that a pastor or man of God is using devilish powers when you dont know for sure because you might just be sinning against the Holy Spirit.
only the holy spirit can bring about true repentance
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by biodun95: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
What i just want to say is that if you dig too much in God's word you will go astray and sin. God's word is mysterious and awesome.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by khattab02: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Emusan:

These are the things Muhammad saw which made him composed his own book out of ignorance and claimed it was revealed by angel Gibri.

Try to get a Bible and begin to check those verses you quoted whether it correlates with the point you are trying to make, this is the problem you people have when doing copy and paste work.
Can you deny the fact that those verses are there In the bible?

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Emusan(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
Gombs:

The above bold is Not true!

God NEVER revealed himself to Adam and Eve. It was Jesus that was with them. God NEVER leaves his throne.

Gen 3v8 KJV
8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Jesus is the Word of God. Jn 1v1 that word came walking.

@Op the Holyspirit is same as God, he proceeds from the father. God never leaves his throne, but manifest him self by the person of the Holyspirit and dwells in us and through us, does his will and wonders all over the world.

I have been tried to let people know that Jesus is the word of God.
When talking about Trinity this is how people who first thought about it view it according to Athanasian "he said the truth about the UNITY of Godhead is this....they're three person, the Father is God, the Son is God and the Holyspirit is God. Yet they are not three Gods but one God, and these three person distinct from one another"
According to this statement it is very clear that they are talking about ONE PERSON IN THREE FORMS NOT THREE PERSON IN THREE FORMS.
I the major confusion came from the trinitarian themselves when they try to explain the Trinity by assuming that God transformed Himself into human being to save them NO! but rather God made His own word free of sin to became flesh and put all His uniqueness upon Him.

While Holyspirit is the Spirit of God Himself.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
boloase: accept Islam today n b free from manmade religion n its flaws.
what prove have u got that Christianity is a "man made religion"? Please don't confuse Christianity with Christendom. Christianity was a reformation of Judaism which the Israelistes had corrupted. Since the Israelites chose to be disobedient to God, he decide to show super love to those who would obedient to his commands. Unlike Christendom who are those diverting away from the Bible and joining force with the world which God warned us against. Don't blasphame against Christianity cos of some people who u knw or hear of that are misleading people all in the name of "CHRISTIANITY" Jesus (the Son of God) is the founder of Christianity and he laid the conduct which Christianity should follow, I guess those derailers has made u become blind to the divinity of Christianity. Well, my advice is for u not to comment on issue like dis which u don't knw which is which. Hope u get my point??
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by unongu(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
The doctrine of the Trinity - that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God - is admittedly difficult to comprehend, and yet is the very foundation of Christian truth. Although sceptics may ridicule it as a mathematical impossibility, it is nevertheless a basic doctrine of Scripture as well as profoundly realistic in both universal experience and in the scientific understanding of the cosmos.
That there is only one God is not a question for debate, however, the notion of three persons in one God is backed up by the Holy Bible with references that are unquestionably superfluous. The Old Testament gives intimations that there are more than one Person in God. In Genesis 1:26, God says, ``Let us make man in our image and likeness.'' In Isaiah 9:6-7, God the Father revealed the imminent coming into the world of God the Son. In Psalms 2:7, we read, ``The Lord hath said to me: Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.'' And in the New Testament, God reveals this doctrine even more clearly. For example, at the baptism of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit appeared in the form of a dove, and the voice of God the Father was heard: ``this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'' (Matt. 3:16-17). The Bible reference regarding baptism sheds more light on the existence of the Trinity:
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matt 28:19)
The above Bible extracts show that there is one name - God - and yet, three names - trinity.
According to Henry Morris, PhD, and Martin E. Clark in their book titled "The Bible Has Answers", "God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of the Godhead equally and fully and eternally God. Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one." They went further to assert that "The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit. The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son. With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality."
Thus, God exists as three persons but is one God, meaning that God the Son and God the Holy Spirit have exactly the same nature or being as God the Father in every way. Whatever attributes and power God the Father has, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit have as well. Hence, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are also eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent, infinitely wise, infinitely holy, infinitely loving, and omniscient.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by unongu(m): 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
The doctrine of the Trinity - that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God - is admittedly difficult to comprehend, and yet is the very foundation of Christian truth. Although sceptics may ridicule it as a mathematical impossibility, it is nevertheless a basic doctrine of Scripture as well as profoundly realistic in both universal experience and in the scientific understanding of the cosmos.
That there is only one God is not a question for debate, however, the notion of three persons in one God is backed up by the Holy Bible with references that are unquestionably superfluous. The Old Testament gives intimations that there are more than one Person in God. In Genesis 1:26, God says, ``Let us make man in our image and likeness.'' In Isaiah 9:6-7, God the Father revealed the imminent coming into the world of God the Son. In Psalms 2:7, we read, ``The Lord hath said to me: Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.'' And in the New Testament, God reveals this doctrine even more clearly. For example, at the baptism of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit appeared in the form of a dove, and the voice of God the Father was heard: ``this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'' (Matt. 3:16-17). The Bible reference regarding baptism sheds more light on the existence of the Trinity:
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matt 28:19)
The above Bible extracts show that there is one name - God - and yet, three names - trinity.
According to Henry Morris, PhD, and Martin E. Clark in their book titled "The Bible Has Answers", "God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of the Godhead equally and fully and eternally God. Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one." They went further to assert that "The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit. The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son. With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality."
Thus, God exists as three persons but is one God, meaning that God the Son and God the Holy Spirit have exactly the same nature or being as God the Father in every way. Whatever attributes and power God the Father has, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit have as well. Hence, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are also eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent, infinitely wise, infinitely holy, infinitely loving, and omniscient.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by unongu(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by veltany: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
There are certain mystries we cannot explain until we wear out this mortal body. There are certain things we cannot understand until we see him face to face in glory. We cannot explain these until we receive the GRACE, which he gives only to those who loves him.
Besides, who are we to explain the mystry of the OMNIPOTENT!
His ways are not our ways, NEITHER OUR THOUGHT HIS THOUGHT. And as the heavens is higher than the earth, so his thought is higher than ours.
JUST PRAY THAT GOD WILL REVEAL HIMSELF TO YOU, FOR UNLESS YOU PERSONALLY ENCOUNTER HIM, READING THE BIBLE FROM GENESIS TO REVEALATION IS LIKE READING SHAKESPEAR's WORKS
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by unongu(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Emusan(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
khattab02: Can you deny the fact that those verses are there In the bible?

They are there but check what they say yourself.

Like the one he quoted he said Jesus always says He is a prophet wherever He goes of which the verse he quoted says "when Jesus was coming on a horse people begin to ask who is this? And SOME PEOPLE replied say the prophet of Naserath now is it Jesus who called himself prophet or people? Can you see that? That's why I advise to read those verses whether it correlates what he's pointing out. So that it wont make the mistake that Muhammad made.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by abohrandy: 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
Crexus: na who con comot d socket wey we take dey charge phone for church now...bad belle!

bros u be fool i swear!!
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yujin:
in the story of the tower of Babel. Here you see the Lord(God) said 'let 'us' go down and mix up their language so that they don't understand one another'. The 'us' above is referring to the Trinity.
how well can u prove that?? I find it amuring cos the 'us' may have meant God and his angels, it may have meant God and Jesus, it may have nd God and some1 or and a group of angels. Ur speech is baseless.
Yujin:
This is the way I understand Trinity- no more no less.
I'm sorry but u weren't able to convince me. I'm also sorry that those BIBLE VERSES I STATED earlier didn't convince u. I guess 2 Peter2 must have taken place in ur life. God bless u.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by drealdoc89(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
modash: 1+1+1=1
a mystery beyond human comprehension.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Holar09: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
God d father is God in heaven,God d son is God wit us, God d holy spirit is God in us
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
The trinity is beyond human understanding. its a mystery.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Mintayo(m): 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hour
people saw Jesus
Jesus refered himseld as
17- Servant:
18- Prophet:
19- Son of Man:
20- Slave:
21- Student:
his own creation
Christians, Paul did
gguess you are a muslim,Bible scammer!
You better sit down with the Bible and avoid the copy and paste thingy...and stop quoting the verses you v nt read yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by honorsam(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Matthew 11:27“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
[i]**If “the Holy Spirit” is a person distinct from the Father, and is also omniscient and almighty “God,” then would He not also have to know the Father and the Son? Jesus’ statement, then, would not have been true, and in fact would be a lie**I perceive that the holy spirit is nat God..

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
ty444: will you stop blaspheming and go read your bible again,how do you call the holy spirit an active life force,the holy spirit is Gods lefthand man,just as christ is his righthand man
Bro, I can see u av been deceived....Read John 14:28 Jesus said: "Father is Greater dan I" Sit Down nd Tink abt Dat .....I Bliv u are educated, Read Acts 2:1-4 dat Verse said d Apostles are FILLED WITH d Holy spirit, Would dat xpression b appropriate if d Holy Spirit is A Person? ....A comparison of Bible text refer to the Holy Spirit ahows that it is spoken of as 'filling ' people; they can be Baptized with it; and they can be "Anointed" with it. (Luke 1:41; Matthew 3:11; Acts 10:38) NONE OF THESE EXPRESSIONS WOULD BE APPROPRIATE IF THE HOLY SPIRIT WERE A PERSON!!!FACT: ITS GOD ACTIVE FORCE DAT STRENGHTEN GODS BLIVERS ND MAKE DEM LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY....DATS Y WE PRAY FOR IT(Luke 11:13), ALMIGHTY GOD IS UNIQUELY ONE see wat Jesus said in MARK 12:29 nd repeate by Apostle Paul in 1corinthians 8:6 In line wit Deuteronomy 6:4 ! .....I expect you to ask wat is d Supreme God name?

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
ty444: will you stop blaspheming and go read your bible again,how do you call the holy spirit an active life force,the holy spirit is Gods lefthand man,just as christ is his righthand man
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by grandstar(m): 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
ty444: will you stop blaspheming and..how do you call the holy spirit an active life force,the holy spirit is Gods lefthand man,just as christ is his righthand man
OK,d righthand man name is jesus,what is d lefthands man's name?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by nickz(m): 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
ueskman:

God is Son?
silly!
if you don't understand ask for explanation."JESUS IS GOD"
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by gbadexy(m): 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hour
people saw Jesus
Jesus refered himseld as
17- Servant:
18- Prophet:
19- Son of Man:
20- Slave:
21- Student:
his own creation
Christians, Paul did
Awesome!
If this post doesn't make an impact on how people view religion, then nothing else can.
God guides those He wishes to guide.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Awoofawo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wetin I go com comment now, anyone fix borrow me word?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res / The Holy Prophet TB Joshua Is More Than The Greatest Anointed Pastor Today ! / Proliferation Of Churches: A Need Or Nuisance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.